Dover is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Dover. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Dover. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Dover. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Dover right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Dover with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
Skip to the most popular hotels in Dover.
10 Best Hotels In Dover:
South Gap Hotel
One of our best sellers in Christ Church! This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in the Saint Lawrence neighborhood in Christ Church, 5 miles from Silver Sands, South Gap Hotel Newly Renovated features a year-round outdoor pool and views of the sea. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV with cable channels. Some accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bridgetown is 3.9 miles from South Gap Hotel Newly Renovated, and Long Bay is 10 miles away. The nearest airport is Grantley Adams Airport, 6 miles from the property.
I really liked that they had a courtesy room and bath for guests after they checked out. You can also store your bags here.
The ocean view room was modern, clean and newly renovated. I was worried that I would hear the noise from the nearby bars but once the AC was on and the bathroom door closed, it was quiet enough to get a good nights sleep.
- I really liked that house keeping didn’t bother me early mornings. I also liked that they were very accommodating with booking my room on the first floor due to my bad knees.
- We had the most wonderful stay at South Gap Hotel. My husband and I were on the last two days of our honeymoon and they even gave us a complimentary bottle of prosecco which they left on our bed with a lovely swan-towel-arrangement. The room was clean, the staff helpful and friendly, and the views of the sea were fantastic.
- Great location and super clean! Lot’s of good options for dining within walking distance. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful!
- Great room, views and location. Loved swimming laps in pool. Sound of waves at night so soothing and nightlife noise was not an issue for us. Nice new renos and kitchen. Staff helpful in accessing rental car for 2 days. Only issue was taxi to airport was twice what we paid on arrival. Would book again but for longer.
- I really liked that they had a courtesy room and bath for guests after they checked out. You can also store your bags here.
CHOj-Sun Island Apartments
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. CHOj-Sun Island Apartments offers accommodations in Christ Church. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Enjoy a cup of tea from your terrace or balcony. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk and hairdresser’s at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Silver Sands is 5 miles from CHOj-Sun Island Apartments, and Bridgetown is 3.9 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Grantley Adams Airport, 6 miles from CHOj-Sun Island Apartments.
No reviews yet.
Southern Palms Beach Club
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. This hotel is on the beautiful Dover Beach, on Barbados’ south coast. It features 2 outdoor pools, 2 tennis courts and air-conditioned rooms with a private balcony or patio.The rooms at Southern Palms Beach Club feature tiled floors and Caribbean-style décor. Each one has a flat-screen TV, minibar and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Some rooms have Wi-Fi access.The Southern Palms’ beachside restaurants serve Caribbean and international food. There is regular live music from a local steel band.The resort provides free use of water sports equipment, as well as free scuba diving lessons. You can also enjoy a game of mini golf or shuffleboard.There are many restaurants, bars and shops in the streets around the Southern Palms Beach Resort. You can drive to Bridgetown in 7 minutes, and Grantley Adams Airport in about 15 minutes.
- The beach was literally steps from every room, and was like a private beach – perfect view of sunset as well
- Opening the door and stepping on to the beach. The staff are very attentive, helpful and friendly. Location in St Lawrence Gap means lots of choices for restaurants without getting stuck in traffic.
Location was excellent
Some staff were good and helpful, the caretaker on beach, the security man and the housekeepers were all lovely
- Beautiful view from room. Lovely location. Wish I was there more than one night to enjoy all the facilities.
- Position great. Wifi, Food / drinks excellent. Entertainment good. Laundry for guests a bonus.
One of our top picks in Christ Church.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Rostrevor Hotel is located in Christ Church, just 5 miles from Silver Sands. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bridgetown is 3.9 miles from Rostrevor Hotel, and Long Bay is 9 miles away. The nearest airport is Grantley Adams Airport, 6 miles from Rostrevor Hotel.
- Nice hotel, with small beach but other beaches nearby ans saming pol. Big rooms and located near reataurants, supermarkets and reataurant.
- Jennifer from reservations is the most helpful and professional person, so is the rest of the front desk. All ready to help and make your stay a comfortable one. The hotel is immaculately clean and the cleaning staff work hard to keep it this way. Don’t hesitate to book and stay in this little gem on the Gap, right in the middle of all the action, close to wonderful beaches. Ignore all the bad reviews, they are all fiction, you are in the Carrabean relax and enjoy this beautiful island with beautiful people in this little gem, home away from home. Thank you Restrevor staff for making our trip so memorable.
- great view , comfortable bed, fantastic ocean view. Also liked having a kitchenette.
- The view from the room, terrasse and the beach were wonderful
- Spacious airy room with fantastic view, friendly guests..most on return visits..many been coming for 20 plus years. Comfy beds and you could self cater. Reasonably priced good basic food..great rum punch!
Dover Beach Hotel
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Right on the beach, this hotel is bordered by the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary on the south coast of Barbadoes. Cocktails are served throughout the day next to the freshwater swimming pool.Cable TV, a microwave, fridge and tea and coffee-making facilities are provided in each air-conditioned guest room. All rooms have a view of the sea or the surrounding gardens.Breakfast is available daily and can be taken by the pool. Lunch, dinner and snacks can be bought from the Pool Bar. Room service is also available.Guests have access to free Wi-Fi in the all areas of the property and there’s also an internet cafe. A tour desk with a concierge service makes organizing your local tours and excursions easy.Free parking is available on site and car rental can be arranged through the hotel. Grantley Adams International Airport is 5.2 miles from the Hotel. Harrisons Cave is 8 miles away.
- restaurant had dirty tables … and a careless bartender.
- Food at the bar, the rum punch and the lovely staff.
- A very comfortable hotel in an excellent beach location. We stayed in ocean view studio rooms which each had a good size balcony and a very useful small kitchen with cooker, fridge, microwave, kettle and sink.
- Relatively quiet and great if you just needed to get away for relaxation.
- It was a nice small hotel with a very nice feel to it. Excellent location, right on the beach & close to all local bar’s & restaurants. Very clean hotel & staff were very welcoming & friendly. Yes I would return to this hotel.
Infinity on the Beach
One of our top picks in Christ Church.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Infinity on the Beach is on an incredible strip of white sand Caribbean beach in Dover. It features a waterfront restaurant, plus 2 outdoor pools.The rooms at this property are air-conditioned and boast tile floors and a flat-screen TV with cable channels. They also have a small work desk and a private bathroom with a shower and toilet. Some have incredible sea views.Guests enjoy international cuisine at the property’s on-site restaurant, and other dining options are available within a 10-minute walk.Bridgetown City Centre can be reached in a 15-minute drive, and Grantley Adams International Airport is just 5 miles from Infinity on the Beach.
- It is a quiet hotel in a good location. Staff at Sea Fans were friendly.
- Location right on the beach outstanding, the room for the price was 2x the value of nearby hotels including the rundown Hilton and Radisson. Beach spotless, in outstanding condition. Walking distance to several restaurants including the sunset-awesome and under-rated Seahorse Restaurant.
- Accommodating staff, always courteous. Excellent location, right in the middle of all the action on st Lawrence gap (which however does mean it can be a bit noisy some nights)
- nice happy hour lovely beach, little shops and well located on the gap. disconnected beach short walks and then you have to go out to the road to continue along. better beaches for long beach walks.
- We liked the bar and beach, superb for kids and the location works well for cheap eats and breakfasts. Overall we enjoyed the wide sea and access to beach.
Divi Southwinds Beach Resort
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring 3 outdoor pools, a miniature golf course, and the Baian Breeze Restaurant, this resort is on the shores of the Caribbean Sea. In tropical gardens, it is a 10-minute drive from downtown Bridgetown.Each brightly colored suite at the Divi Southwinds Beach Resort is furnished with a complete kitchen and a furnished balcony. The living area includes a TV and a sofa bed. Wi-Fi is available.The Pure Ocean restaurant is on the beachfront, serving fresh local cuisine. Joslyn’s Café is open for lunch and located next to the beach.Offering direct access to half a mile of sandy beach, the resort is ideal for surfing, scuba diving, and windsurfing. Guests can work out in the on-site gym or play on the tennis courts.Grantley Adams International Airport is within a 15-minute drive of Southwinds Divi Beach Resort. The Garrison Savannah Horseracing Track is 5 minutes away by car.
- The resort located in a great area for restaurants, walking, taking bus to Bridgetown, Oistins etc. Staff good, quickly fixed any problem with room. I am partially handicapped so they placed us on ground floor. Good Managers cocktail party.
- Everything was great, one issue with hot water and that was rectified right away
- Apartment was clean and well equipped. Really nice shower.
we were self catering. this is a dated facility. bathrooms and room furniture are
poor value for the money we were charged. NEW refridgerators — Doors open wrong way.
Cramped work space near to enormous Breakfast bar work- top, with 4 tall breakfast stools.
Stools suitable for 6ft 6inch tall giants.
Double Bed Mattress — similar to a trampoline — every slight movement was felt.
Double Bed stood very high off room floor.
Location is superb. Close to airport in St Lawrence Gap. Great beach.
Sand Acres at Bougainvillea
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Sand Acres at Bougainvillea offers accommodations in Christ Church. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TVwith cable channels, as well as an iPod docking station are featured. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play tennis at this hotel, and car rental is available. Silver Sands is 4.2 miles from Sand Acres at Bougainvillea, and Bridgetown is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Grantley Adams Airport, 5 miles from Sand Acres at Bougainvillea.
The Sand Acres property at Bougainvillea is great for a single person or couple. The Studios are right along one of the less populated pools, restaurant, and bar. The beach is less than 100 feet away from the Studio’s patios. The beach is separate from the rest of the hotel because of a rock formation, it feels like a private beach.
The location of the hotel is very close to Saint Lawrence Gap, it is 25 minutes walking and where most of the nightlife is. All sorts of music and bar themes. There are several hotels on the strip but I would not advise to stay at them, hardly any separation.
- Facilities all good; perfect access to the beach; tasty food; staff very friendly and knowledgeable. I had a brilliant gel manicure in the Karma Spa.
- Bed was a double but obviously two twins clamped together with an uncomfortable ridge in the middle & mattress quite soft & lumpy
- The room and facilities were excellent. The staff were superb, helpful , friendly and efficient and they made you feel ver welcome.
- Location not far from Airport, Oistins and Lawrence Gap. Room was good size. Stayed in Sandy Acres which had pool view and partial beach views. Nice sounds of the ocean waves.
- The Sand Acres property at Bougainvillea is great for a single person or couple. The Studios are right along one of the less populated pools, restaurant, and bar. The beach is less than 100 feet away from the Studio’s patios. The beach is separate from the rest of the hotel because of a rock formation, it feels like a private beach.
Sea Breeze Beach House All Inclusive by Ocean Hotels
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Sea Breeze Beach House All Inclusive by Ocean Hotels is located in Christ Church, 4.1 miles from Silver Sands and 5 miles from Bridgetown. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as an iPod docking station are provided. Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms.You will find a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge, hairdresser’s and gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. The nearest airport is Grantley Adams Airport, 5 miles from the property.
- We were really impressed by the hotel. The staff were all helpful and friendly, the location was great (including great white beaches), the food choice every day was very good, the cocktails were great. It was also helpful to have the different pools to relax in, with beach towels supplied.
- Loved the 2 beautiful quiet private beaches, the super comfy sunbeds especially by the pool, the delicious a la carte menu and yummy cocktails and some of the staff were super friendly and helpful.
- The beach, dinner, lunch, morning staff at buffet was awesome. The singers entertainment, the location, pool, the fancy restaurant, the k7da club staff
- The food choice and quality are excellent! Staff are all friendly and go extra mile to please you. Genuine smiles and helpfulness all around. We are very impressed overall.
- We loved the location staff were good in the main. We would go back in the future.
Butterfly Beach Hotel
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Set on the beachfront of Barbados’ South Coast, this hotel has direct access to 2 beaches. Butterfly Beach Hotel features apartments with views of the island and a large outdoor swimming pool.Surrounded by palm trees, the Butterfly features a unique separate terrace with 3 whirlpool bathtubs, tables and chairs. There are also extensive sun terraces with lounge chairs and sunshades.Butterfly Beach Hotel has a seaside restaurant-bar that serves Caribbean cuisine. There is also a common lounge area with a large-screen TV, daily entertainment and happy hours.This hotel has self-catering apartments and studios with a private bathroom, cable TV and free Wi-Fi.Main shops and nightclubs are in the town of Oistins, which is a 3-minute drive away, while Barbados Golf Course is a 5-minute drive away. Grantley Addams International Airport is 5 miles away.
- Beautiful spacious room, great pool facilities and a beautiful beach view!
- A very cute hotel on the beach great location with bus stop just outside resort, staff were very helpful and friendly. Hotel setup just like all inclusive just pay for drinks & food at the end 2 happy hours a day and with a kitchenete you could keep the cost down somewhat to stay longer , a major supermarket 10 min walk from hotel in Oistens with a CIBC bank there also .
- The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was good. Great location. Good for a short stay whether alone or part of a group. Free wifi available throughout the property.
- Spent just one night there, as it was not too far from the airport. Beautiful spot to watch the sunset. Staff was very kind and helpful at front desk. Ricardo was very friendly and helpful. Happy hour was fun! Breakfast buffet was average at best. Had to ask for more coffee four times before receiving it. Very nice eating outdoors though, with a lovely view of the sea. Perfect! Hotel is being refurbished in May. It is in need of an update, but met our needs. Would love to see it following the update. Easy to catch bus from there to all other points of the island.
Location location location superb FAR BETTER than the Hilton as regards accommodation and proximity to beach
Staff friendly although receptionist could be nicer
Listening to waves whilst in bathroom
Top Hotels In Dover Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Dover to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Dover but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Dover. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!