10 Best Hotels To Stay In Diddlebury Shropshire – Top Hotel Reviews
Diddlebury Shropshire is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Diddlebury Shropshire. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Diddlebury Shropshire. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Diddlebury Shropshire. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Diddlebury Shropshire right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Diddlebury Shropshire with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Diddlebury Shropshire:
Situated in South Shropshire, with free Wi-Fi and free parking on site, this former coaching inn offers a delicious full English breakfast served in a dining room with stained glass windows.Rooms at Stokesay Inn have simple décor and traditional wooden furnishings, and each has an en suite bathroom. Picturesque views can also be enjoyed from each guest room in the pub.Guests can relax in the garden, or enjoy a game of pool in the bar, which has a range of drinks on offer. The property features traditional design and an original Bruce Bairnsfather painting.Stokesay Inn is close to the Discovery Centre, where you can take a virtual balloon ride over the Shropshire hills. There are a number of pretty walks nearby, including Three Woods and The Shropshire Way.
- Generous portions for evening meals and breakfasts. Ideal location for walking. Relaxed atmosphere.
- Comfortable bed, quiet room, plenty of hot water for a bath. Excellent location. Good breakfast
- Location is convenient for visiting the Shropshire Hills. The breakfast provided is filling and tasty.
- Comfy bed, good yifi, clean rooms, lovely hot shower, good storage space, TV fine, warm radiator, good breakfast each morning.
- Staff were very friendly and efficient and the prices for the food were good value
The Clive Restaurant With Rooms
Just 7 minutes’ drive from the centre of Ludlow, The Clive Restaurant with Rooms offers luxurious accommodation alongside its award-winning restaurant. The Clive offers free parking and WiFi and includes an 18th-century lounge and a contemporary bar with courtyard.Each room includes a flat-screen TV, minibar, desk and tea and coffee facilities. All have an en suite bath or shower with a hairdryer and toiletries. The guest rooms are located in converted outbuildings adjacent to the main building.The Clive Restaurant has been awarded an AA Rosette and appeared in the Michelin Guide, and provides fine dining in an informal atmosphere. Local produce features throughout the menu, and the bar serves ales from Shropshire brewers Hobsons along with an extensive wine list.Just south of the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Ludlow is famed for its food scene, with the town hosting an annual Food Festival each September. The 11th-century Ludlow Castle is just over 3 miles from The Clive, and within a 4-minute walk of the impressive Church of St Laurence.
- Excellent meal in the evening, and beautiful breakfast the first morning (eggs benedict). Very comfy bed, clean and very pleasant room. Nice, helpful staff. Wonderful shower!
- Beautiful room with good facilities and very comfortable. Staff all very friendly and helpful.
- We had a Double Superior room which was lovely, very clean & spacious. We had drinks in the bar before having a really nice meal in the restaurant. Breakfast in the morning was great and really tasty. Staff were very friendly and will stay at the Clive again when visit area next time.
- Great room. Large with big bed. Modern and attractive.
- The rooms were lovely, the mini bar is a really good idea. All in all the food was lovely and the breakfast buffet was a really good idea, room excellent and felt like your own little place for the weekend.
Located in Church Stretton, 12 miles from Shrewsbury, The Longmynd features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms come with a TV. The rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.Wolverhampton is 29 miles from The Longmynd, and Ludlow is 12 miles away. Birmingham Airport is 46 miles from the property.
- The proximity to excellent walking country. Pleasant helpful staff. Comfortable room.
The beds were very comfortable, and the décor nice and modern.
It is a romantic location if you stay in the bungalows, but in the main hotel with all the keen walkers, you might feel out-of-place!!!!!
We were in a lodge had everything you needed
Very quite with walks from the door
- Good room size, good location, friendly helpful staff
- Complimentary afternoon tea on first afternoon. Local gin, good beer, great location, lovely warm swimming pool.
The Feathers Hotel Ludlow
The Feathers Hotel Ludlow offers pet-friendly accommodations in Ludlow. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Worcester is 24 miles from The Feathers Hotel Ludlow, and Shrewsbury is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Birmingham Airport, 42 miles from The Feathers Hotel Ludlow.
- The staff was excellent. We were upgraded to a large room, were the four posted bed was very comfortable. Bathrobes and slippers in the bathroo. The breakfast was also excellent. The bar had a good range of real ales, which could be enjoyed in front of the open fireplace in the lobby. We did not try the restaurant, but I have no doubt it was excellent too.
- Great location, friendly staff and fantastic service at breakfast – nothing was too much trouble! Great upstairs lounge with an open fireplace. Nice bar with good real ales.
- excellent hotel in great location.car parking ok .fast easy check in and nicely kept ales in bar.large comfotable room .great breakfast
Our room was spacious and pretty comfortable though a bit dull. The bathroom was very large with a bathtub and a separate shower. The TV was so small it was more like a laptop!
My review would probably be a bit higher but for our disappointment with our dinner in the “award winning restaurant”” The sole that we both ordered was utterly tasteless and not cheap. Breakfast was fine and plentiful.
- The public rooms, especially the upstairs lounge with a roaring fire, were lovely and very olde world. The hotel is in a great town centre location. There was a good selection of hot food for breakfast – we had the smoked haddock with poached egg one morning and it was delicious. We had dinner in the hotel one evening. Although a little pricey it was very good. We found the staff in the restaurant very friendly and helpful, as was the man on reception (unfortunately I cant say the same about the woman who checked us in). When I finally worked out how to use the shower it was nice and powerful.
The Wheatsheaf Inn Ludlow
One of our top picks in Ludlow.The Wheatsheaf Inn Ludlow offers accommodations in Ludlow. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are fitted with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Worcester is 24 miles from The Wheatsheaf Inn Ludlow, and Shrewsbury is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Birmingham Airport, 42 miles from The Wheatsheaf Inn Ludlow.
Staff and bar friendly.
Coffee, tea and biscuits.
- Friendly staff, good room, excellent food – in fact just what we wanted for our stay.
- Every aspect of The Wheatsheaf Inn was so welcoming and charming, great food, lovely staff and cosy room.
- From the second we stepped through the door it was like a home from home. Decided to eat at the inn on both nights of our stay and enjoyed the meals very much
- Breakfast + meals all cooked to requirement,excellent.
- Staff and bar friendly.
Dinham Hall Hotel
Tall, square, solid and stylish, Dinham Hall is the epitome of a grand late-18th century family home located across from the medieval castle.The elegant hotel and restaurant stand in the center of the historic market town of Ludlow with ready access to the town’s broad streets, narrow lanes and graceful buildings. The hotel’s restful lounges are warmed by open fires in winter, and the pretty terraces with water features are perfect for open air dining in summer.Furnished with beautiful period antiques, the Georgian mansion offers splendid views of the castle ramparts, Whitcliffe, the Teme river valley and the historic town’s rooftops.
- Excellent location very quiet at night , comfortable bed fantastic breakfast.
- Only stayed for one night with wife but room was small, original room smelt like dogs so we were relocated, facilities (in room etc) aren’t great, breakfast was alright, staff were lovely and really helpful. Location is absolutely superb and parking at hotel is really useful – right in the middle of town.
- Excellent breakfast & dinner ,lovely comfy atmosphere & accomodating staff
- Location in centre of this market town. Overlooking the castle.
- Brilliant breakfast. Relaxing Lounge with log fire. Very helpful staff. Hotel provided extra heating in room as we stayed during a very cold spell. Will definitely be back!
The Pheasant at Neenton
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The Pheasant at Neenton offers accommodations in Neenton. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You can play darts at the inn. Birmingham is 27 miles from The Pheasant at Neenton, and Worcester is 24 miles away. Birmingham Airport is 34 miles from the property.
- food and cask ales of the highest quality. friendly and welcoming staff in a beautiful location.
- The evening meal &presentation of food was excellent.Cooked breakfast on the first morning was exceptional.
- Lovely welcoming staff, immaculate room, fantastic food and drink. Possibly the loveliest place that we’ve stayed at, and we’re away every month
- I booked for my wife and I and friends. Friends very sceptical about a “community” pub. They could not have been more pleased. Wonderful pub and incredible staff.
- Amazing breakfasts, comfy super king bed, nice complimentary toiletries.
Overton Grange Country Hotel
Showcasing a terrace and sauna, Overton Grange Country Hotel is located in Ludlow, just 23 miles from Worcester. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A flat-screen TV, as well as a CD player are featured. Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find room service at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Shrewsbury is 25 miles from Overton Grange Hotel, and Wolverhampton is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Birmingham Airport, 42 miles from Overton Grange Country Hotel.
We had a nice large bedroom with a fantastic view. The breakfast menu was very good and extensive, and cooked to my liking.
Very clean inside. The staff, we only met two, were very polite and helpful.
- Nice quiet location, peaceful, excellent swimming and sauna facilities.
- A beautiful country house with an excellent mouth watering evening meal. The staff were kind and courteous and we felt truly spoilt. Thank you
Beautiful surroundings, great choice for breakfast and all facilities very clean. The waiters singing in the kitchen at breakfast 😀
I imagine in the summer with more than 3 guests this could be a lovely place but felt like a very basic b&b
- Room was very comfortable with good facilities and wonderful views
- We had a nice large bedroom with a fantastic view. The breakfast menu was very good and extensive, and cooked to my liking.
The crown inn
Located in Wentnor, 14 miles from Shrewsbury, The crown inn features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.You can play darts at this inn, and the area is popular for hiking. Ludlow is 14 miles from The crown inn, and Telford is 22 miles away. Birmingham Airport is 50 miles from the property.
- Excellent staff and owners. Very friendly and welcoming. Bedroom was immaculate and food was top notch. We liked it so much we booked to stay again later in the year.
Lovely building inside
- Food is exceptional, owners and staff couldn’t be any more welcoming!
The owners and staff are fantastic!
I cannot thank them enough for their attention and focus
- Excellent owner and staff – warm and friendly.very old and interesting pub in a beautiful location. Lovely breakfast and great menu and food.lovely log fire.
The Hopton Crown
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, The Hopton Crown offers accommodations in Cleobury Mortimer. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.A TV is featured.Birmingham is 28 miles from The Hopton Crown, and Worcester is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Birmingham Airport, 34 miles from the property.
They had a car park, the staff member I saw was friendly
He made me a sandwich the night before for my lunch instead of the breakfast.
It was close to where I was working.
- From the moment I arrived, the staff were both cheerful and helpful. The hotel has undergone some renovation/modernisation and the standard of my room was excellent with a very comfortable bed and a first-class shower. The location is stunning, in one of the most beautiful parts of Shropshire. I’d recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.
The staff were brilliant, very friendly.
Food was amazing. Very hot, very quick and very good quality. The breakfast was superb. They serve lovely ales and a very good price. We’d give the stay 10/10.
Amazing value for money in a lovely area with lovely staff. Will go back again for sure.
- Lots of character. But a lot of building work being carried out. They did apologise for the mess however . I hope they keep the character after all the work is done . It would be a shame to lose it .
The staff were very friendly and evening rang beforehand to say that they were not offering evening meals on the Sunday or Monday night, so that we were aware. I was a bit concerned as after booking noted that they were in the middle of a refurbishment, however it did not prevent us having a good time. Our room was spotlessly clean, but needed at bit of TLC and would love to go back when all the rooms have been upgraded. It is in a beautifully location right next to Clee Hill with stunning views and well worth the extra drive up to Clee Hill Summit.
The accommodation is well placed to visit Ludlow, Bewdley, Bridgnorth, Carding Valley.
Do the walk to the StipperStones, it is spectacular.
***Must mention the Breakfasts as well, which were delicious and well presented.
Good place to stay, enjoyed every moment of our break here.
- They had a car park, the staff member I saw was friendly
Top Hotels In Diddlebury Shropshire Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Diddlebury Shropshire to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Diddlebury Shropshire but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Diddlebury Shropshire. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!