10 Best Hotels To Stay In Desamparados San José – Top Hotel Reviews
Desamparados San José is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Desamparados San José. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Desamparados San José. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Desamparados San José. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Desamparados San José right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Desamparados San José with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Desamparados San José:
Located in Desamparados, 1.6 miles from San José, Jaco features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel has an outdoor pool and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV and game console.Alajuela is 10 miles from Jaco, and Escazú is 2.5 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 3.1 miles from Jaco.
No reviews yet.
One of our best sellers in San José! Featuring free WiFi, an outdoor pool and a terrace, Hotel Colonial offers accommodations in San José, just 11 miles from Alajuela.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain rooms feature views of the pool or garden. The rooms have a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk, a tour desk, luggage storage space and a shops at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 5 miles from Hotel Colonial, and Heredia is 6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 5 miles from Hotel Colonial.
- If paradise was a place on earth, yo could find it here.
- The breakfast was good but wished there was access to a bar for a glass of wine at the end of the day. Gorgeous old building but no historical info on it.
- Nice localisation and room confortable with everything you need. The breakfast is good for the price, with eggs, rice, fruit…etc. You are in the city center, so you can visit everything by walk. Some good restaurant around.
- It was clean and really good breakfast. The receptionist help me charge my phone.
- Very helpful staff. Close to all of Can Jose. Clean and relaxing. Rest. Sapore has great Italian food.
Hotel Quinta Avenida
One of our best sellers in San José! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Quinta Avenida offers accommodations in San José, just 10 miles from Alajuela.A flat-screen TV is provided.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Escazú is 3.9 miles from Hotel Quinta Avenida, and Heredia is 5 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 3.7 miles from Hotel Quinta Avenida.
- The room had everything needed for a solo traveller – a good bed, nice bathroom with hot water, TV. The cleaning service is daily and it’s good. The breakfast costs 3 USD which is a very good price for very nice food. The location is good if you are travelling, for example, with Ticabus or TransNica. You can get waking to the downtown in 15-20 minutes (but the area is not safe)
- Close to bus station. Rooms were pretty clean. What it says on the tin, basically.
- Dinner and breakfast were wonderful, very nice food and service at a very good price.
- Location is good if you need to take a bus from one of the terminals nearby. Near market area so good for a taste of Costarricense urban life away from the world of Taco Bell, KFC etc etc!
- Nice price, good room service, hot shower (after three weeks in Nicaragua we really appreciated it), cleanliness.
Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel
One of our best sellers in San José! Located in the Asuncion neighborhood in San José, 5 miles from Alajuela, Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel features an outdoor pool and terrace. Private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Views of the lake, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Superior rooms feature a spa tub or a hot tub.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Escazú is 4.2 miles from Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel, and Heredia is 3.4 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 1.9 miles from Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel.
Asuncion is a great choice for travelers interested in sightseeing, friendly locals and restaurants.
- Lovely hotel perfect location near to airport. Service really good and staff helpful. We only stayed 2 nights at start of holiday. Breakfast was very good.
- We had a late check in and an early check out. The staff made this very easy for us. Beautiful property and very romantic.
- The Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel is a wonderful place to stay near the airport. The staff are kind and helpful and communicating with them, whether by email or in person, was easy. We ate our delicious buffet breakfast out by the pool in the courtyard and were treated to vistas of mountains and lots of flowers. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Staff was very helpful. Picked us up at early morning hours to get to hotel. Beautiful setting. Lovely small pool and slide. Great breakfast. Very accommodating to our needs.
- Staff were friendly and accomodating. The property is stunning, and the rooms are absolutely gorgeous. It os a quite hotel, ideal for short term stays or couples. Definitely not a party hotel!
Hotel Del Rey
In the heart of San Jose, this beautiful hotel features a restaurant and a casino. The Hotel Del Rey also has free Wi-Fi and 3 on-site bars.Rooms here will provide you with a cable TV, air conditioning and a minibar. Featuring a shower, the private bathrooms also come with a bathtub.The hotel’s Restaurante del Mar serves international cuisine and is open 24 hours a day. Guests can also find other dining options in La Sabana neighborhood, just 3 miles away.Morazan Park is only 350 feet from the property, and the Plaza de la Cultura, where guests will find the Gold Museum and the National Theatre, is a 5-minute walk from Hotel Del Rey.Free private parking is available at the hotel. Juan Santamaria International Airport in neighboring Alajuela is a 25-minute drive away.
- Free breakfast and very good and cheap lunch. Great location in the center or the city.
- the staff was extra friendly the room was xxtra clean
- Love … The Del Rey is a beautiful, vibrant hotel. There’s always something to do 24/7.
- The night life. Women are gorgeous and friendly. Decent restaurants nearby.
- Nice staff, very helpfull with whatever problem you might face
Costa Rica Guesthouse
One of our best sellers in San José! Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Costa Rica Guesthouse offers accommodations in San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.A TV is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The guesthouse also provides car rental. Alajuela is 12 miles from Costa Rica Guesthouse, and Escazú is 5 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 5 miles from the property.
- Staff were great. Location is a little away from the centre but not too far to be an issue. Plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby. Breakfasts are simple but tasty and nutritious. This is a fine old establishment with loads of space and architectural features. The center of justice administration is right down the road so apart from the guy who appeared to live on the footpath down the road it feels a very safe location. The level of homelessness and ‘street folk’ including the apparently drug addled and/mentally ill in San Jose takes a little getting used to but usual safety strategies apply in this very busy city.
We booked one night in San José as we landed as well as the offered pick up service from the airport. That was really convenient. The room itself was spacey, clean and full of light. Private bathroom was alright as well.
No problems with early checkout since they have a 24h reception.
- I loved the location. 20 minutes to the airport, good restaurants and grocery within walking distance. Excellent breakfast.
location was goed close to downtown.Breakfast simple but ok I asked them for papaya en they
got for me
- Good location. Complimentary breakfast. Day 2 staff was friendly and helpful.
Gran Hotel Costa Rica, Curio Collection By Hilton
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. In San José’s historic center, Gran Hotel Costa Rica is housed in an impressive building dating from the 1930s. It offers classically decorated rooms, a spa and a restaurant.Each spacious room at Gran Hotel Costa Rica has attractive décor with bright finishes and carpeted floors. There is free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and a minibar.The hotel restaurant features a patio and serves a range of gourmet cuisine. There is also a stylish coffee shop and lobby bar.The Gran Hotel’s spa offers treatments including massage, wraps and reflexology. There is also a gym on site.The hotel is within a 5 minute walk of San José Cathedral and the National Theater. The hotel building has been recognized as a site of architectural interest.
No reviews yet.
Nuevo Maragato Hotel & Hostel
Located in San José in the region of San José, 11 miles from Alajuela, Nuevo Maragato Hotel & Hostel features a terrace and views of the city. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. All rooms come with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 4.3 miles from Nuevo Maragato Hotel & Hostel, and Heredia is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 4.3 miles from Nuevo Maragato Hotel & Hostel.
- I felt safe at this location, security was right across the street for the casino, and it was right on the walking street. Plus the grocery store was right next door.
- Our experience was ok. Except for one person additional who travel with us in a separate travel. That we prefere shared the room with an stranger people.
- Friendly and helpful Staff. Great location. City center.
Well located in the middle of what appeared to be the main busy street in San José.
Decent sized rooms which despite being dated were also very clean. Beds were comfortable too.
Breakfast was good, we had gallo pinto (eggs, rice and beans, plantain) everywhere in Costa Rica and this was one of the tastiest. If that doesn’t excite you they had other items on offer too for an extra cost. The breakfast staff were very helpful in dealing with our dietary requirements!
- Hotel is situated practicaly in the city center, very nice. Breakfast was super cool! Also staff was very helpful.
Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas
Located in San José, 11 miles from Alajuela, Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. There is a casino on site and guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV with cable channels is available.There is free shuttle service, a 24-hour front desk and a gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 5 miles from Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas, and Heredia is 5 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 5 miles away.
- I like the location and the staffs were very pleasant.
- This is a great value property if you are going to be staying in Downtown San Jose. North American visitors will feel very at home with this hotel. Comfy beds, good A/C and decent enough breakfast. Friendly staff go out of their way to help with any questions or requests. Close to shops and attractions and free secure parking.
- Very clean and comfortable. Very good value for money. Great breakfast.
- Great location, clean specious rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast. I already booked before our return flight nights in the same hotel.
- Clean, functional, great central location, good value.
In the center of San José, Hotel Balmoral offers modern rooms with air conditioning. It features a 24-hour front desk, free Wi-Fi, a gym and a restaurant.Each bright, modern room at Hotel Balmoral has simple, attractive décor. There is cable TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.Guests can enjoy a range of international cuisine in the Balmoral’s restaurant. There is also a cafe.The hotel offeres easy access to San José’s public transportation and is just 12 miles from Juan Santamaria Airport. It is within a 20 minute walk of Costa Rica National Theatre and the National Museum.
- Reserved 2 beds there was only one small bed in the room and it took quite a bit of talking to get the 2nd bed. Bathroom quite small.
- Good value via booking.com, right in the pedestrian zone of San Jose.
- Hotel is clean and modern with enough Costa Rican wood and character to make it a special place to stay.Food is excellent.
Central to San Jose
Lots of facilities, ATM, restaurant, shop
- Hotel was central and comfortable. It is right on the pedestrian strip making it easy to get to a number of stores and restaurants. El Patio restaurant is right beneath that serves a variety of yummy food. Great location for a pre and post Costa Rican adventure. Family Suite was clean, spacious, and had comfortable beds! Highly recommend.
Top Hotels In Desamparados San José Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Desamparados San José to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Desamparados San José but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Desamparados San José. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!