10 Best Hotels To Stay In Del Mar California – Top Hotel Reviews
Del Mar California is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Del Mar California. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Del Mar California. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Del Mar California. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Del Mar California right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Del Mar California with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Del Mar California:
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and spa center, Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar is located in the Del Mar neighborhood in San Diego. The hotel has a hot tub and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.There is business center and shops at the property.The nearest airport is San Diego International Airport, 16 miles from BW Premier Del Mar Inn Hotel.
- The staff was very nice and we liked the selection of breakfast items.
- Great for access to Torrey Pines Reservation. View of the Pacific nice. Very clean. Efficient staff. Free parking.
- Could be an 8 but…rooms in back hear elevator and parking noise. Pillows are awful and decor is strange. Lovely staff good location and clean.
- Everything was wonderful, the room was immaculate and the breakfasts at The Cafe were beautifully cooked and reasonably priced. Highly recommend. Will definitely stay there again.
We have stayed at this hotel before and it has now been refurbished and looks good, as well as providing a comfortable and spacious bedroom and a lovely walk-in shower.
Also like the fact that you can have cooking facilities in the room – fridge, microwave etc.
Staff helpful and knowledgeable.
Les Artistes Inn
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. A 15-minute walk from Del Mar City Beach, this California boutique hotel features a courtyard complete with an outdoor fireplace. Offering ocean and garden views, all guest rooms include free Wi-Fi.Featuring 12 art inspired rooms, accommodations at Les Artistes Inn provide cable TV. All vibrant rooms include a microwave and comfortable sitting area.Surrounded by unique architecture, Les Artistes Inn features outdoor sitting areas complete with BBQ facilities and fireplaces. Guests can walk among the gardens featuring lush greenery and a stone walkway.Serving Peruvian cuisine, Café Secret is a short walk from the hotel. San Diego is a 26-minute drive away.
- Help was very nice , bed was comfy and location was great
- The view was amazing and the room was beautiful everything to ask for, it was fantastic. But no breakfast.
view from terrace.
air condotioner and heaters on terrace.
- This little place it’s a diamond. Love everything from this hotel the stuff were so friendly everything was clean perfect deck with chairs and table the gardens are amazing I could keep going on and on
- Good location. Great pillows. Very eclectic hippie vibe.
Secret Garden Inn
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Offering individually decorated rooms with balconies with Pacific Ocean views, this quaint Del Mar B&B is an 8 minute drive from Torrey Pines Golf Course. It features a picturesque courtyard and serves a full daily breakfast.The Secret Garden Inn offers individually decorated rooms and suites with hardwood floors, a cable TV and a private bathroom. Rooms offer Asian design with Shoji screen lighting and a spa bathtub. Suites offer an outdoor patio complete with a 2-person spa bathtub, BBQ facilities and a fireplace.Shopping and dining opportunities in Del Mar town center are just a 2 minute walk away. Del Mar Fairgrounds and Del Mar Thoroughbred Club are less than a 5 minute drive from the Del Mar Secret Garden Inn. San Diego International Airport is 20 miles away.
- Tucked away on a quiet street, within short walking distance to the beach (to west) and downtown store and restaurants (to east). Very comfortable and well-appointed room.
Totally not what I expected but cute. Felt more like I was at a yoga retreat. The market/Resturant in front of Hotel has amazing organic food and very friendly
The most unique hotel I’ve ever stayed in
Finding it is very very hard so use the secret resurant as your guide
Definitely would relax there for a few days
Bed very comfortable
- The room was very nicely decorated, small and intimate with a balcony and views to the ocean. Perfect for a couples getaway. The cafe one flight of stairs and close for breakfast was also very nice with great food and friendly owner and staff.
- The bed was amazingly comfortable! All of the food and coffee was delicious. Service staff was very friendly and it was a great location.
- The room was clean, well designed very cozy and lovely
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Just a 30 minute drive north of San Diego, this Del Mar, California hotel offers 2 outdoor pools and a hot tub. Rooms feature free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen satellite TV.All rooms feature a microwave and small fridge at the Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar. Ironing amenities and a work desk are also included. Some rooms have a kitchenette and ocean views.Guests can relax at the San Diego Del Mar Hotel Indigo’s European-style day spa. Treatments include massage, wraps, manicures, and other body treatments. A fitness center, business center, and 24 hour front desk are all available for guest convenience.Del Mar Racetrack is 2 miles from the hotel. Torrey Pines Golf Course is just a 10 minute drive away.
- Nice facilities & accommodation. Great staff at check-in and the bar. Good foods.
- Great beds! We were very comfortable. pools and hot tub are nice too. The location is great for us. we have stayed here more than once and will likely return as we have family in the area and love to use that for an excuse to come there!
- Beds were super comfy. Large room, and kitchenette.Are you kidding me! Ocean view. And great pool, restaurant, bar.
- The employees were ALL super. We love Barbara at the front desk also. Food in the restaurant was excelklent.
- Spacious room and quiet neighborhood. Quick check in and out. WiFi did not cost extra.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Solana Beach-Del Mar
One of our top picks in Solana Beach.This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Steps from the Del Mar Race Track and area beaches, this hotel in Solana Beach, California offers a free hot breakfast buffet daily and an outdoor pool with sun deck.Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Solana Beach – Del Mar features guestrooms with private balconies and free wireless internet access. Guests can also take advantage of their in-room microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker.Guests at the Solana Beach Holiday Inn Express can work out in the fitness center or explore the area’s scenic walking and jogging trails. With an ideal location near the Amtrak and Coaster train stations, the hotel is convenient to downtown San Diego and area businesses.
This hotel is in a great location both for the beach and local restaurants and shops. The rail station is just up the road, so unusually for the US, a holiday with out a car is possible if you fly into San Diego and are happy to walk around the area.
The pool area was deserted most of the time we were there so it felt like ‘ours’!
Good choice for breakfast and helpful staff especially Paul who was on duty in the evenings.
- Great location pool and breakfast great. Staff great
- Breakfast was great, in a big, bright room, exceeded my expectations
- It is a very central location for getting to where we wanted to go and their remodel of the lobby was very nice. Staff was also friendly. We have stayed there a few times already.
- Easy to get to scripps hospital where my husband needed to go for a couple of days
- This hotel is in a great location both for the beach and local restaurants and shops. The rail station is just up the road, so unusually for the US, a holiday with out a car is possible if you fly into San Diego and are happy to walk around the area.
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and an outdoor pool, Hilton San Diego/Del Mar offers accommodations in San Diego. The hotel has a hot tub and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Private parking is available on site.Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is provided.You will find free shuttle service at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. The nearest airport is San Diego International Airport, 17 miles from Hilton San Diego/Del Mar.
- Very well located hotel! It has been a very comfortable and pleasant stay
- Outside area – heaters at night. Two big comfy beds
- Michael who helped us with the car and bags when we arrived was amazing. Nice room
- It was elegant yet comfortable, easy to access yet secure, the hotel was full yet quiet.
- Spacious rooms. Makes huge difference when traveling with child.
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. This Courtyard hotel is just steps from the beach and 0.5 miles from Solana Beach Amtrak Station. The hotel features a heated outdoor pool, a whirlpool and a spa.All guest bedrooms at Courtyard San Diego Solana Beach/Del Mar are equipped with satellite TV, a refrigerator and a microwave. In addition the hotel offers free Wi-Fi in every guest room.The Courtyard Bistro is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, serving a variety of cuisines as well as Starbucks coffee. There is also a 24-hour on-site grocery market.Courtyard San Diego Solana Beach is 650 feet from Mercado Del Sol Shopping Centre and 2 miles from Lamos Santa Fe Golf Club. McClellan-Palomar Airport is 11 miles away.
Beds were good, room a little noisy.
Tub shower that was very slippery.
I don’t understand why these hotels don’t have a non-slip surface in their tub.
Does it cost too much?
- The room was very clean. The bed was really comfortable. Great shower. Everything was perfect.
- The room was updated and very nicey furnished. The lobby, pool, and bistro was all clean and nice amenties to the property
- Beds were very comfortable TV very nice and Really like the wooden floors (clean)in the rooms .rooms that faces the courtyard very peaceful and nice and quiet and of course the beach it’s just a five minute walk much less crowded beach then a lot of Beaches in the area and good restaurants to choose from within walking distance also everybody I dealt with at the front desk especially when I checked in the young lady was very professional and polite and the next day the gentleman same thing was very helpful and polite
- Easy access to the beach, great restaurants near by.
- Beds were good, room a little noisy.
Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
Featuring easy access to several area freeways, this hotel allows guests to easily explore area attractions and nearby cities, and offers comfortable accommodations and thoughtful amenities.The Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar is centrally located only a short distance from many points of interest. Guests can visit nearby Torrey Pines State Park, the Del Mar Racetrack and many beautiful beaches. The sites of downtown San Diego, including the San Diego Zoo, are also nearby.Guests at the San Diego/Del Mar Hampton Inn can enjoy a restful night’s sleep on the hotel’s signature Cloud Nine beds. The hotel also offers a free continental breakfast as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center and outdoor swimming pool.
The experience at Hampton Inn was amazing. First of all, when I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist was fantastic! He was very courteus and attentive with me. I asked a lot of questions and he answered quickly. Although I arrived at 11PM, he was very friendly and gave me information about San Diego.
The room was very clean, including the bathroom. Everything was good, as an example air conditioning, hair dryer and shower. The only problem was only the WIFI connection. However, it was solved very quickly by the receptionist.
The breakfast was very good. There was a different kind of foods and It was totally organized.Finally, the check-out was very quick and the recepcionist was very attentive.
The price was reasonable and I indicate this hotel!
- room dirty! Old !!! furniture old! front desk good! welcoming! site is problematic… housekeeping poor! no pride in work. common area cleaning staff poorly trained! no interaction with guests….
- Breakfast, while basic- is free and okay! The gym and overall hotel is clean.
- Great breakfast, free parking, friendly and helpful service and staff.
- Loved the area, hotel was great. Would definitely stay at a Hampton Inn again. They had great complementary breakfast!
- The experience at Hampton Inn was amazing. First of all, when I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist was fantastic! He was very courteus and attentive with me. I asked a lot of questions and he answered quickly. Although I arrived at 11PM, he was very friendly and gave me information about San Diego.
Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar
One of our top picks in San Diego.Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar offers accommodations in San Diego, just 17 miles from San Diego Convention Center.A flat-screen TVwith cable channels, as well as an iPod docking station are featured. Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is San Diego International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Best nights sleep I’ve had in a long time. Staff was exceptionally helpful, especially Santiago.
- Loved that the rooms were very clean and well-maintained. Beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly, courteous, and responsive. Breakfast was good. Location is very convenient to freeways and is safe. Will most definitely stay here again!
- Bed was fine, need denser pillows to be able to sit in bed and watch TV. Liked the bedspread. Very pretty.
- Staff were exceptional- without hesitation they assisted with any request.
- I COULDN’T BELIEVE THAT THEY CHARGE 12 DOLLARS A DAY WHEN YOU ARE STAYING THERE AND THE POOL WAS THE SIZE OF A PLASTIC POOL.
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Moments from Torrey Pines State Beach and conveniently off I-5, this family-friendly hotel features state-of-the-art amenities and facilities as well as friendly service and spacious accommodations.The Doubletree Hotel San Diego/Del Mar is only a short distance from top-rated golf courses and beautiful beaches. Guests at the hotel can also easily visit the sites of downtown San Diego, including the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld.Guests at the Del Mar Doubletree Hotel can enjoy a restful night’s sleep on signature Sweet Dreams beds and start the morning with a meal at the on-site restaurant. The hotel also offers a children’s swimming pool as well as on-site car rental services.
- Room service was really nice good food and very nice employees
- The warm delicious cookies. The design, comfort, the coffee in the room, location, price.
- lOCATION WAS EXCELLENT—housekeeping staff did a great job
- The entire staff was friendly and so helpful. I would definitely come back again and recommend to anyone!
- Johnny was exceptional at check in and check out. He helped with everything we needed to know and also made sure we had a good room even tho we traveled without the kids the 2 beed in the room did not matter will definetly recommend the property
Top Hotels In Del Mar California Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Del Mar California to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Del Mar California but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Del Mar California. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!