10 Best Hotels To Stay In De Veenhoop Friesland – Top Hotel Reviews
De Veenhoop Friesland is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in De Veenhoop Friesland. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in De Veenhoop Friesland. You’re probably wondering where to stay in De Veenhoop Friesland. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in De Veenhoop Friesland right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in De Veenhoop Friesland with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In De Veenhoop Friesland:
Van der Valk Drachten
On the edge of Drachten, this luxury 4-star hotel is 28 miles from TT circuit Assen. Van der Valk has free Wi-Fi, free parking and a 24-hour front desk.The spacious rooms and comfortable beds are just the start of a relaxed stay at Van der Valk Drachten. The cozy bar, fine restaurant and various facilities give guests the opportunity to balance rest and activity.In the cozy restaurant you can dine in a warm atmosphere. During the summer, the roof terrace is a great place for gourmet enjoyment. The intimate bar and lounge invites you to relax and enjoying a cup of coffee, an aperitif or a nightcap. The entire restaurant is non-smoking.Near one of the main highway intersections in Friesland, the hotel is easy to reach from Groningen, Leeuwarden and Assen. Beautiful lakes and woods in the area make up the attractive scenery, where you can walk for hours. This is the perfect base to discover the beauty of this northern province.
- The environment was nice. It was clean and comfortable
- Frirndly staff, modern quality rooms and good food in the restaurant
- Courteous employees. Comfortable beds, and large, updated bathroom. Good choice for a stay in Drachten.
- Beautiful spot, great facilities, nice breakfast, friendly staff.
- Cleanness, room looked brand new and was quite spacious
Hotel Restaurant Ie Sicht
Hotel Restaurant Ie Sicht is located next to the beautiful nature reserve De Alde Feanen en de Princenhof. From the terrace, you can enjoy wonderful views of the De Wijde lake.The hotel rooms are comfortable and include box-spring beds and a mini-bar. Some rooms have a beautiful view on the water. Breakfast is complimentary in the morning.Free Wi-Fi and free parking are offered at Le Sicht. There is also a sauna and a solarium to relax.The waterfront terrace offers beautiful views. The same view is visible from the à la carte restaurant and the coffee shop.The surroundings of the hotel-restaurant are ideal to hike, bike and sail. The peaceful area is also ideal for some quiet time with your favorite book.
- We have stayed here a few times over the years. It is quite remote and relaxing that’s why we like it to finish our motorcycle tour of Germany and chill before heading back to the ferry. The restaurant serves good food and breakfast. The staff are friendly and helpful. Bicycle is the tool of choice for this area which can be hired from the hotel.
- The terras, the lake, the electric boat charter, cycling and boating in nature in the area, the relaxed atmosphere, the superb personel, good food, clean room.
- Location of this site on the lake is so peaceful, the perfect spot to start your cycling holiday. Food was excellent and staff friendly and helpful.
- Ruime en mooie kamers. Goed ontbijt en prettig personeel. We komen zeker terug, maar dan in de zomer 🌞.
- Het uitzicht, zowel vanaf het balkon als vanuit het restaurant/het terras. Prima ontbijt, heerlijk gedineerd en ook de lunch was prima. Ontzettend vriendelijk personeel en een mooie omgeving.
Hotel Restaurant Het Witte Huis
Hotel Restaurant Het Witte Huis is located on the edge Olterterp, right next to the forest and a 10-minute drive from Drachten. It offers spacious nonsmoking accommodations with free private parking on site.Each hotel room features a TV and a desk. The bathroom comes with a shower and a toilet, as well as a hairdryer. Wi-Fi access is available and free of charge.Breakfast is served every morning in the designated breakfast area. The restaurant on site serves international cuisine using local produce. Guests can also order drinks at their bar and relax on the terrace.Leeuwarden is 25 minutes by car from Hotel Restaurant Het Witte Huis. Motorway A7 is a 5-minute drive away, while Golf & Country Club Lauswolt is 0.9 mi. Several cycling and hiking routes are in the direct surroundings of the hotel.
Charming remote location next to lovely nature walking trails
Restaurant was excellent with great service
- A fantastic small hotel, exceptionally friendly staff, great food
- Location is great, one can easily go for a hike in forests which are in the vicinity of the Hotel, or on a bicycle ride. Furthermore breakfast is excellent with lots of local Dutch treats!
- Amazing staff! Couldn’t do enough for you and had fantastic sense of humour. Cant recommend enough😀
- Overlooked the road, which was noisy in the mornings
- Charming remote location next to lovely nature walking trails
This hotel has a picturesque waterside location in the Alde Feanen National Park, Wi-Fi and an elegant brasserie. Princenhof is in the water sports village of Earnewâld.Comfortable armchairs and a hospitality tray with a tea and coffee-making facilities are provided in each room at Hotel Princenhof. Most of the rooms feature a balcony or terrace overlooking the water.The cuisine served at Puur Prince Restaurant & Brasserie is based on the traditional Frisian cuisine with a French influence. On the spacious terrace guests can enjoy their meal and the view of the lake.The hotel offers complimentary private parking on site. Guests can visit Aqua Zoo Friesland or the center of Leeuwarden, which are both less than half an hour away by car.
- Breakfast OK, Facilities are fine , Location is great. Selected for couple friends we where travelling with our boat that can not accommodate 4 persons.
The location of this hotel is fabulous and the food is pretty good. Nice and easy to walk along to a small centre where one can rent a boat which was lovely and we’re not boaty people at all. It was very hot when we were there so were not able to indulge in any of the walking of which there is lots. The room was very comfortable with a stunning outlook and the staff were lovely
We had supper in a nearby small town called Grou which was charming.
- I loved the location. Situated in a beautiful part with view to the lake.
- Location is on the waterfront: great views from the rooms and the restaurant
The location was very good, close to Leeuwarden but in a natural setting. Very nice view from room and balcony (we had chosen a lakefront comfort room), and enjoyed sitting in the sun (even at the end of October).
Very friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast, free parking, absolutely no noise at all during the night
This peacefully located country house benefits from a picturesque terrace, indoor swimming pool with panoramic views and a fitness center. Landgoed Lauswolt is a 35 minutes drive from Groningen and Leeuwarden.All of the air-conditioned rooms at Landgoed Lauswolt have a mini-bar, flat-screen TV and a work desk. Each room also has a modern bathroom which is supplied with a bathrobe and slippers.”The Art of Beauty” by Lauswolt, La Prairie is a free accessible wellness center which includes a sauna, solarium and a Turkish steam bath. Guests can also enjoy relaxing treatments such as facials and massages.Recently awarded with a Michelin star, De Heeren van Harinxma serves modern French and Dutch inspired cuisine prepared with local ingredients whenever possible. The elegant dining room features high ceilings and large windows.Landgoed Lauswolt is located next to Golf & Country Club Lauswolt and less than 5 minutes drive from the A7. Drachten is a 10-minute drive away. The center of Zwolle is less than 55 minutes away by car. Guests can explore the local area with the bicycle rental and packed lunch services.
We had a wonderful stay. The location is very nice – we had a long walk in the woods.
The room was very comfortable, I really liked the bed.
Sauna and swimming pool was nice and relaxing.
- Beautiful room, nice extra touches to the stay, and great accommodation for the event we were attending. Dinner and breakfast were both tastey!
- Beautiful country location, nice pool, sauna and rooms. Pool open until 22:30 which was very nice
- WOW – Loved everything! Woodland right outside the door (saw a deer in the woods), spacious room with lovely view, nice welcome at reception, exquisite Michelin star food with amazing waiter/sommelier, beautiful sunny terrace to have drinks overlooking the gardens/woods. Totally dog-friendly and safe to run off-lead in the gardens/woods. Fantastic value for money too both for the restaurant and room rate.
- Staff was amazing. We travelled with an almost 2 yrs old kid and they’re were very kind with us. Everything was great.
- We had a wonderful stay. The location is very nice – we had a long walk in the woods.
Hotel en Restaurant de Stripe
Surrounded by forests and heath, Hotel en Restaurant de Stripe offers simply furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi. On-site bicycle rental and a children’s playground are available.Accessible by elevator, Hotel en Restaurant de Stripe’s rooms include a seating area with a flat-screen TV and a mini-bar. The bathroom has a shower and a bathrobe and free toiletries are provided.A freshly prepared breakfast is serverd daily in the breakfast are. The hotel’s restaurant serves an a la carte menu with traditional dishes. Guest can also relax with a drink at the bar. Packed lunches are available on request.The city center of Sneek, known for its sailing opportunities, is a 35 minutes’ drive. Leeuwarden and Groningen are both a 25-minute drive.
- Great spacious room, excellent food and friendly staff.
- Nice place to drink a beer in the evening. Good, spacious room.
- Good restaurant, nice rooms, parking available, just perfect.
- it’s always nice to come at that place. I was there already before and I like to return. Staff is excellent, very friendly, and everything there is perfect for stay. Great place which I can only recommend.
- Great location for my Assen Trip, great food, comfortable and clean
Hotel & Restaurant Weidumerhout
One of our top picks in Leeuwarden.Located in an authentic Frisian farmhouse, this small-scale hotel provides you with spacious, pleasant rooms and a beautiful garden with a tree orchard. Relax in the Finnish sauna.Dating back to 1867, the characteristic residence of Hotel & Restaurant Weidumerhout offers a homely base in the beautiful Frisian countryside, not far from the city of Leeuwarden. Wake up each morning with fresh, seasonal products from the free breakfast buffet. Make use of the free internet connection to check your e-mails.Besides the 10 room located at the farm house, there are also 10 luxurious guests rooms in the form of a cube with floor to ceiling glass windows to guarantee an outdoor experience and view of the green surroundings. These cubes are made with durable materials.The bar lounge, located in one of the old stables, offers a warm atmosphere for having an original Frisian beer or a glass of wine. In the stylish Michelin Bib Gourmand restaurant you can have a delicious dinner, prepared with regional products (reservation needed).Weather permitting, the outside terrace is a wonderful place to unwind and admire the garden and orchard. The surroundings are rich with hiking and cycling routes through the characteristic Dutch landscape. After a pleasant day, you can treat yourself to a private session in the sauna (on request).
- The view, the room design with floor to (almost) ceiling windows. The toilet pimped with a bidet!!! Important for Asians. Comfy bed with thick enough blankets that make you want to stay in bed.
- Great dinner on day of arrival. A must for everyone!
- Amazing location, great breakfast, very friendly staff. We will come back for sure.
- The place is fantastic! The setting is unique, there’s no place like it. The owners were so sweet, helpful and very hospitable. The room was capacious, clean and having everything you need. The neighborhood is so quiet and peaceful. Walking around was a great pleasure. The breakfast was great. Would love to go back.
- The owners are very friendly and they help you out when visiting Leeuwarden by giving good tips on what to visit and how to get there
Beautifully located just outside Leeuwarden in the picturesque province of Friesland, this cozy family hotel has been entertaining guests since 1916.Discover the surrounding nature by bike or enjoy a walk along the many paths in the vicinity of the hotel. Water sports enthusiasts will be thrilled with the sailing possibilities around nearby Sneek.After a day of activities or sightseeing, retreat to the comfort of your room or relax at the bar with a drink. Lunch and dinner can be enjoyed in the cafe and, weather permitting, guests can lounge on the inviting terrace.
The food was excellent. We enjoyed two very good dinners and two nice buffet breakfasts.
The staff went above and beyond to make us welcome.
- Service was outstanding by all staff. Each went out of their way to please. Thank you.
- Friendly service. Lively restaurant in with good food and service. History little town. Quiet. Good price.
- Breakfasr was really good, but a little on the pricey side. The location was really good .
This was the most delicious food I’ve ever eaten at a hotel. The meats was amazing.
The hosts were extremely kind and friendly and helped us with everything we needed.
- The food was excellent. We enjoyed two very good dinners and two nice buffet breakfasts.
Van der Valk Hotel Hardegarijp – Leeuwarden
Van der Valk Hardegarijp offers rooms in a semi-rural setting 1,800 feet from Station Hurdegaryp Railway Station. This hotel features bicycle hire and packed lunch service.All of the rooms at Van der Valk Hotel Hardegarijp – Leeuwarden benefit from cable TV, seating area and a work desk. Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast including scrambled eggs, bacon and many cold items.The center of Leeuwarden, featuring sights including Het Princessehof National Museum of Ceramics, is a 15-minute drive from Van der Valk Hotel. Groningen is less than a 45-minute car journey away.The restaurant at Van der Valk serves modern International cuisine with local seasonal specialties including asparagus and mussels. Lighter meals and lunch dishes can be enjoyed on the terrace in warm weather.
- The beds were super comfortable, it was quiet and the breakfast was good!
- The room was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was very nice!
- This is an old hotel that was built in 1896. My purpose in Hardegarijp (Hurdegarijp) was to locate a hotel with the family name. Turns out this was the same hotel, but with additions over the years (we believe grandparents or great grandparents ran/owned the hotel in the early years). The room we stayed in was in the addition, and was quite spacious and comfortable. Hardegarijp is a quiet little town just outside of Leeuwarden. We arrived on the King’s Birthday, celebrated all over the Netherlands, and Leeuwarden was no exception. It was nice to be able to get away from the crowds by staying outside of town. Nice restaurant and outside dining area, friendly staff. I enjoyed my walks in the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Staff are super nice and responsive. Enjoy the stay very much
- Comfortable beds, cool room and great food. Had several English speaking channels which is a bonus
Located on a lake in the heart of Friesland, this hotel features a spacious waterfront terrace and private berths for boats.Hotel Oostergoo is located in Grou between Heerenveen and Leeuwarden, surrounded by countryside.Breakfast can be taken in the room, and special dietary requirements can be met on request. Packed lunches are also available.Activities available in the area include cycling and water sports. Guests can rent boats or book a relaxing massage with the hotel staff.The Thialf skating stadium is 25 minutes away by car. The Alde Feanen National Park and the Frisian Lakes are directly accessible by boat from Grou.
- We got spoiled rotten without wondering what it might cost due to the relaxed professional atmosphere.
- location was beautiful with the water and the boats
- Nice place to walk. We had good weather so that helped also.
- The staff is every friendly as is the whole atmosphere. Nice surroundings. Nice snacks on the waterfront terrace. Fast and steady internet.
- location perfect. hotel comfort and restaurant facilities very good.
Top Hotels In De Veenhoop Friesland Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in De Veenhoop Friesland to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in De Veenhoop Friesland but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in De Veenhoop Friesland. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!