10 Best Hotels To Stay In Darnius Catalonia – Top Hotel Reviews
Darnius Catalonia is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Darnius Catalonia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Darnius Catalonia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Darnius Catalonia. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Darnius Catalonia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Darnius Catalonia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Darnius Catalonia:
This hotel is located just off exit 2 off highway A7 and is the ideal place to stop off on a long ride or to explore the northern region of Catalonia.Visit the monumental and historic cities of Figueres and Girona, where you can see the fantastic Dalí Museum and the Gothic Quarter. The hotel is also situated very close to the beautiful beaches of the Costa Brava, such as Roses or Cadaques.The National Parks of Aiguamolls de l’Empordà, Cap de Creus and L’Albera Natural Parks are also nearby.
- Great friendly help full staff big room no down side
- We used Tramuntana as an overnight stop en route to the South of Spain. Overall, we found it a good value for money comfortable stopover.
This was an overnight stop enroute from Barcelona to U.K. Hotel was easily located and could be seen from motorway slip road. Staff were most welcoming, friendly and most helpful. Our bedroom was attractively furnished, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The hotel was also very reasonably priced.
I would thoroughly recommend the hotel and certainly use it again myself.
- Wonderful hotel with well trained and pleasant staff, could not find fault and well worth the money, you will not find better.
- We used property as nearest border crossing to France. Excellent all round service room and breakfast top drawer. Staff were most helpful re issues on motorway ( fuel protests) as well as directing us to a coupe of really good restaurants nearby which were excellent .There is also a brilliant supermarket near the hotel where you can buy low price, fantastic range of goods to stock your car up on way back to UK or wherever.
Hotel Spa La Central – Adults Only
One of our top picks in Maçanet de Cabrenys.Featuring free WiFi and rooms with flat-screen TV, this adults-only spa hotel is set in a restored 19th-century building located between 2 rivers next to Boadella Reservoir.Rooms at the Spa La Central have attractive décor with wooden flooring. All come with air conditioning and a fully equipped bathroom.Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast at La Central’s restaurant, which serves a selection organic dishes. It also features a terrace overlooking the hotel’s attractive gardens.Guests have free access to the hotel’s spa, which features an indoor hydromassage pool, a Finnish sauna and steam baths. Massage is also available.Hotel Spa La Central rents bikes and can provide information on nearby hiking routes.
- We greatly enjoyed the spa and hiking in the neerby cork oak forest. The staff was helpful and organization was seamless. It was also very clean and very peaceful, mostly couples on a getaway long weekend. Good value for money.
The location is amazing, wild river in front of hotel, the nearby lake.
Rooms are great, all day direct access to spa is very convenient.
The staff is really and sincerely kind and make you feel at home.
Bar service, beverage and tapes choices are perfect.
- Loved the location and the staff was excellent. Also the dinner in the restaurant was excellent.
- Staff that were there trying to do the best they could esp the chef who was cooking and serving . Where on earth was the manager I don’t know or is there a manager? . Great food and wine and Isabella very good receptionist too always when there with a smile. Setting beautiful great places to find pools to swim in first thing in the morning . Loads of fabulous walks around
- The area is very pretty, the hotel and it’s architecture are breath-taking. The personnel is very kind and everything is calm und very clean. You can really relax and take a rest. I think 2 or 3 nights are perfect to stay there, especially when und want to hike a little bit in the nice little mountains there.
Els Caçadors de Maçanet
Surrounded by the mountainous scenery of the Spanish Pyrenees, this welcoming hotel is set in a renovated farmhouse full of historic charm.Spend you day in the beautiful hotel garden before enjoying a dip in the outdoor swimming pool. Then, each evening, head to the hotel restaurant to try home-made, traditional cuisine from the surrounding Alt Empordà region. Els Caçadors de Maçanet is set in a stunning natural landscape, just a few minutes from the French border. This privileged setting means that you can easily enjoy hiking, hunting and other outdoor activities.
Amazing landscape around, could hear the little river from the balcony of the room, old stone building with lots of green, room was great.
Delicious breakfast in the morning, parking, 24h frontdesk for late arrival is perfect.
- Secure place for bike. Excellent food and wine. Comfortable and friendly.
- Clean. Very friendly hosts. Beautiful place. Good Restaurant. Good breakfast.
We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the last 14 years. The owners are a lovely friendly family, the restaurant is wonderful, with a superb menu offered by the owners son Santi.
This is the best hotel we have stayed at in Spain, and we will do so again in the future many more times hopefully.
- Traditional family-run hotel in very quiet spot with good walking nearby. Great home-made food served on linen tablecloths.
- Amazing landscape around, could hear the little river from the balcony of the room, old stone building with lots of green, room was great.
Hotel-Restaurante La Quadra
Hotel-Restaurante La Quadra is located in the picturesque village of Maçanet de Cabrenys, a medieval town, with characteristic long and winding roads set in the mountains of the Alt Empordà. This family-run hotel offers a relaxing getaway in the clean mountain air.Dating from the 1970s, this hotel has been recently updated to include many modern conveniences to make your stay more relaxing. During the summer you can take a dip in the village’s outdoor swimming pool, stroll through the hotel gardens or simply relax on the terrace.In the evening you can try the home-made local cuisine in the hotel restaurant and go up to admire the impressive panoramic views from the hotel’s terrace on the third floor.
- STAFF MOST ATTENTIVE & PLEASANT. DINNER WAS VERY GOOD WITH HUGE SERVINGS FOR EACH COURSE
- Everything. .what a delightful country Hotel. The owners and staff all went the extra mile to make our stay very enjoyable. The kitchen produced excellent meals, from the seasonal and A la carte menus, for us during our 7 day stay. We cannot praise or recommend the Hotel enough.
- We liked this hotel very much. Very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful view from our window, spotlessly clean and good-sized room with comfortable beds. Fantastic breakfast with local produce and a gluten-free option. Restaurant looked inviting and next visit we will definitely be eating there.
- Friendly staff, tasty food with large portions, beautiful town. To complete package it needs just pool, but there is one in town for 1€ not more then 5 min walk, so who cares. My best booking experience so far.
- Beds really comfy, food really tasty and great service of professional friendly staff
Font del Pla Hotel Restaurant
This family-run hotel is located in La Jonquera, just 8 minutes’ drive from the French border. It offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, a bathroom and mountain views.Font del Pla Hotel Restaurant serves traditional Catalan food. It offers buffet meals as well as à la carte options.There are some ancient megaliths and dolmens within 1.2 mi of the Font del Pla, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Romanesque churches of Catalunya are close by.Figueres’ Salvador Dalí Museum is a 20-minute drive from the hotel, and you can drive to his charming house-museum in Portlligat in around an hour. Roses Beach is 40 minutes away.
- Location. Personnel is also great…it seems during the night Ukrainians, during ghe day Scandinavians
- Large basic rooms. Large parking and good location.
- Perfect, easily located hotel near motorway for an en route stop over. Lovely spacious rooms and excellent bathroom with big walk in shower. Conveniently location with supermarket, bars and restaurants close by.
- Établissement propre, accueil sympa ( parle français 👌)proche des commerces.
- L’accueil, l’ensemble du personnel semble parler français. Les lieux sont calmes et propres. Le personnel est simple.
Puerta De España
The Puerta de España is located just off the AP-7 Motorway in Jonqueras, 2.5 mi from the French border. It offers free Wi-Fi and rooms with a private balcony.All rooms at the Hotel Puerta de España are decorated with dark woods. They all have a private bathroom and a TV.The hotel has a restaurant where there is a buffet breakfast. At the 24-hour reception there is currency exchange and staff can provide information about the Alt-Empordà region.The Puerta de España Hotel is 12 mi from Figueres, where you can find the Salvador Dalí Museum. The beaches of Empuriabrava, on the Costa Brava, are 22 mi away.
- We always stay at this hotel on going and returning from France
we stay since many years there . all time excelent room, breafast great and friendly stuff ! !
all time we travel with car to spain ,we stay there
- As we had two dogs with us the large terrace that our room had was excellent. A good place to have a glass of wine.
- Friendly staff, clean and close to motorway, secure parking space for our bikes
- This hotel is a surprise in what is otherwise a rather rundown scruffy town on the Spanish French border. From the outside it looks disappointing but our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were only passing through on a long journey but did get a good night’s sleep and a good breakfast to speed us on our way.
Hotel Nacional is located only 500 feet from La Jonquera, just off exit 2 of the AP-7 motorway. It features simple décor, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and private bathroom.The hotel has a bar and a restaurant. Staff at the 24-hour reception can provide tourist information about the area. There is also a shopping center nearby the hotel.Hotel Nacional is just a short drive from Girona and Figueres. You can drive to the beautiful beaches of the Costa Brava in approximately 45 minutes.
- Great overnight hotel. Convenient hotel traveling from France to Spain or vice versa. Clean, friendly staff. Great shopping just next door. Recently renovated.
Our hotel room had been refurbished and was very nice. We love the restaurant belonging to the hotel. The meals are some of the best we’ve had in Spain and the staff are delightful.
We stay here every year, if we’ve used the Euro Tunnel and then driven across France and Spain. Would definitely recommend. Never disappointed.
Perfect stop over to break a long journey.
Shopping and restaurant on the doorstep.
- Evening meal in the restaurant was very good and not too expensive. The waiters were very friendly and helpful
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. The shower/ bathroom were great. There was a roof terrace we could access which had been designed nicely.
Hotel La Masía
Featuring a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, Hotel La Masia is set in Pont de Molins, in the picturesque l’Empordà region. It offers rooms with free Wi-Fi and views of the Pyrenees.Hotel La Masia has simple décor throughout. Each of its air-conditioned rooms has heating, a flat-screen TV and a mini-bar.Set in gardens, La Masia also features tennis courts and a terrace. The restaurant serves a range of Mediterranean cuisine.Figueres and the famous Dalí Museum can be reached in just 10 minutes by car. The beaches surrounding Empuriabrava and Roses are within 12 mi of the hotel.
- Extremely friendly personnel that helped us with everything we needed on a week when the restaurant was closed for holiday.
For us the Location was very good. The staff were very pleasant people. The restaurant next door is very good for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Shower was good with plenty of hot water.
All Very clean
- Nice swimming pool and good save garage for the car.
- Great swimming pool, clean rooms, simple and very good
- The room was a good size as we had our 2 dogs with us. There was also a fridge in the room.
Situated only 5 minutes by car from the border between Spain and France, this hotel is an ideal place to rest on a long journey.La Jonquera Hotel is located next to the freeway N-11 that takes you from Catalonia into France. So this is perfect accommodation for business travelers, or tourists crossing from Spain into France. From here you can also visit historic Figueras, with its fantastic museum dedicated to the life and work of Salvador Dalí. The beautiful coastline of the Costa Brava is also only a short drive away, where you can visit stunning coastal towns such as Cadaques and Portbou.The hotel is well-equipped with a shopping center and a restaurant, so you can dine without leaving the hotel.
- Nice cheap private room in the center of La Jonquera.
- nice breakfast close to the shopping around the area
- This place is an excellent Option for a Stopover on the way to Spain. It´s cheap and the Rooms are clean. This being said, please Keep in mind that the hotel is 200m from a huge brothel and that there will most likely be Hookers at the entrance. This didnt have any negative Impact on the aforementioned Advantages but it is good to Keep in mind
- The shower was good, the A/C was good, I was relieved to see a tough looking secuity guard giving the miscreants at the rear entrance a look. the receptionist did allow us to move rooms (thank god).
- Rather clean, near to the highway, value for money
Hotel Torre Laurentii
Located in a 17th century traditional Catalan house in the heart of the medieval town of Sant Llorenç de la Muga, Hotel Torre Laurentii has a garden and an onsite restaurant.All rooms at Torre Laurentii feature a classic rustic style décor and are equipped with a TV, DVD player and mini bar. All have a private bathroom including free toiletries.You can enjoy continental breakfasts including cold meats, cheeses, cakes and bread. The restaurant serves home-made meals made with local products.There are many hiking trails in the nearby Alta Garrotxa Natural Area, and Figueras with the famous Dalí Museum is about 20 minutes’ drive away.
- La casa es hermosa, y tiene espacios al aire libre muy muy agradables y bonitos. Pudimos llevar a nuestra mascota, un gato, y no hubo ningún problema. El propietario es muy amable y muy muy atento. Estuvimos muy a gusto, desayunamos muy bien y encima antes de irnos, nos regaló unas cuantas mermeladas caseras (están deliciosas!).
- La atencion de los duenos, la zona alrededor y el pueblo – muy bonito y tranquilo. Muchas oportunidades para paseos y senderismo.
La casa . La localización
Sobre todo la gente que nos atendió. Amables y cordiales . El desayuno muy completo y de calidad. La cena que hicimos una noche exquisita, a la altura de cualquier restaurante de los “buenos ”
El hotel es precioso y hemos estado muy cómodos y a gusto. Lo mejor ha sido poder estar con nuestro perro sin problemas.Su perrita Oli, un encanto. Volveremos.
El entorno es inmejorable, un pueblo medieval precioso y poco masificado.
- Todo! Espectacular! Cristina y Stephan son maravillosos! Te hacen sentir como en casa. El hotel es precioso y las habitaciones aún más! Cristina cocina como los ángeles.
Top Hotels In Darnius Catalonia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Darnius Catalonia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Darnius Catalonia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Darnius Catalonia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!