10 Best Hotels To Stay In Comillas Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Comillas Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Comillas Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Comillas Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Comillas Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Comillas Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Comillas Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Comillas Cantabria:
The Josein has direct views of the Cantabrian coast and Comillas Beach. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and free on site parking.The Josein’s rooms all have satellite TV, heating. They also have private bathrooms with hairdryer. All of the rooms have sea views. All children under 10 years stay for free when using existing beds.The large dining room also has sea views, and offers dishes using fresh local produce. There is also a cafe and bar.Josein can be found about 22 miles from Santander. The Picos de Europa National Park is about 19 miles away.
- Location with view is awesome. Food and staff wonderful.
- The location was beyond stunning, felt like sleeping right on the beach. The room was comfortable with a classic decor.
- The hotel is for sea lovers, at night the sound of the waves is quite loud. It is located right on the beach
- Easy walking distance into town. We have stayed here before so knew the hotel and the area. The sea view is amazing, and the room comfortable. We will be back.
- The view was absolutely amazing! Large and comfortable room. The shower head had great water pressure and huge fluffy towels were provided. Good breakfast for being included.
Located near to the Sobrellano Palace and in front of Pontificia University, this elegant hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens. It offers an outdoor swimming pool, free WiFi and free parking.All rooms at Comillas are equipped with air conditioning and a TV. They also feature a private bathroom complete with hairdryer.The charming town of Comillas is located just 5 minutes’ walk from the hotel. San Martin Beach is 0.6 mi away.
- Good location, super clean, great shower, super comfortable beds
- This is an older “grand” style hotel, which we found at the last minute when our plans changed. It was close enough to the fun parts of town to walk around and it was a good jump off point for longer hikes along the coast.
- On the way out of town but very nice place to stay.
- Pool, air conditioning and plenty of parking onsite.
- Very friendly staff and excellent rooms. Excellent breakfast with lots of choice.
La Solana Montañesa
One of our top picks in Comillas – and a guest favorite.
Posada Rural La Solana Montañesa is 500 feet from the center of Comillas, on Cantabria’s beautiful Green Coast. It offers traditional accommodations, with free Wi-Fi and wonderful mountain views.Rooms at the Solana are comfortable and bright. They have an private bathroom, heating and a TV. The hotel has a café-bar, serving fresh local produce for breakfast. There are also gardens, a terrace and a children’s play area.La Solana Montañesa is 2,300 feet from Comillas Beach. It offers views of Gaudí’s El Capricho and the Sobrellano Palace. Oyambre Golf Course is 1.9 mi away. Free private parking is available at the hotel.
- Excellent location at 5 minutes walk from the city center. The hosts were extremely welcoming and warm. One of those rare places where you feel like you belong, even after only two nights. The breakfast was also very good, with many choices and even homemade specialties. The rooms were clean and spacious. We ended up staying an extra night because we enjoyed it (and the city) so much.
- The hosts were very helpful. The room was basic but clean. Bed was very confortable. Great breakfast with homemade food.
- Our reason for visiting Comillas was to tour Gaudi’s El Capricho. This hotel property is a 10 minute walk downhill to tour one of his first creations. Nice basic & clean hotel room with balcony and views. Bathroom was nice as well. One of the things we liked is there was a fridge and a tea pot in the room so we could enjoy tea on our own. Breakfast Buffet the next morning had the atmosphere of eating in a friend’s dining room. Items served were baked fresh by the owner. The hotel was great for an hour’s walk that will take you around town and down to the waterfront. We’d stay here again.
- Great staff. Mom did my laundry and great location
- Room was pretty and historical. Breakfast was very good and more than enough to eat.
Marina de Campios
Located in the center of Comillas and only 1,650 feet from Comillas Beach, Marina de Campios Hotel is a restored 19th-century Cantabrian home with a sophisticated bar and terrace area.All rooms feature lavish elegant décor and include a private bathroom with free toiletries. They come with heating, TV, and a seating corner with armchairs and a coffee table.The hotel serves continental breakfast and features a stylish piano bar, where you can take a relaxing evening drink. There is also a shared lounge area with TV and a small library.Oyambre Golf Course is a 10-minute drive from the property and is located in Oyambre Nature Reserve, where you can go cycling or hiking. Water sports such as windsurf, sailing, and diving are also widely practiced in the region.
- Very nice staff, excellent location, very good value for the price.
- The people here are wonderful. So nice and helpful. I cannot thank them enough.
- Beautiful quaint little place with excellent staff.
- Very helpful and friendly staff, lovely room, great breakfast. nice bar in the evening, brilliant central location.
- Lovely comfy well appointed room at a very good price – strongly recommend it
Apartamentos Club Condal
Set on the edge of the charming Cantabrian town of Comillas, just a 20-minute walk from the beach, this complex provides spacious and well-equipped apartments, ideal for a rural getaway with all the family.Surrounded by gardens, measuring 13123 ft², Club Condal also features an outdoor swimming pool, where you can spend the day relaxing and swimming. There is also a terrace, where you can enjoy soaking up the sunshine.Each of the apartments comes with one or 2 bedrooms, a lounge dining room, American-style kitchen, where you can prepare your own meals, and an private bathroom.Club Condal is located 1,000 feet from the town center and 0.6 mi from the nearest beach. From here, you can also visit the beautiful, Cantabrian towns of San Vicente de la Barquera and Santillana del Mar.
- The location was excellent, parking on site and relatively big space.
The bed was comfortable. Excellent shower. Reasonable pool with a view.
Quiet overnight. Although noisy with fair nearby till around 11pm
- La amabilidad y el trato personal,el desayuno muy completo.
- Muy buena ubicación. La relación calidad/precio muy buena. Muy espaciosos los apartamentos. Dentro del pueblo y muy cerca de las extraordinarias playas de Oyambre y Merón.
- Se encuentra a un paso de todas las atracciones del lugar. Se puede ir andando a todos los lugares, incluso a la playa.
Abba Comillas Golf Hotel
Abba Comillas Hotel offers bright, spacious rooms with lovely views. The hotel has a spa center, a heated indoor swimming pool and a 9-hole golf course.A hot tub, a sauna, a Turkish bath and a foot bath are all available at the spa center. The Hotel Comillas also has a massage and treatment service and a large fitness center.Rooms at the Abba Comillas all include views over the golf course, the sea or the Picos de Europa.The Oyambre restaurant offers a range of gourmet cuisine and lovely views. There is also a library, a garden and a terrace.Public parking is free on site and private parking is offered at a good price. The hotel is in the heart of Cantabria, a short drive to central Comillas.
Two doors with hall. Plus the door to get into the room there were a small hall and the bathroom entring into the room and another door, so you don’t listen any noise from outside and you don’t disturb if you have to go to the bathroom at nigth for example.
Bedroom pretty nice and very good size. Amazing view.
Staff pretty nice.
- The room was ample and quiet. Bed was very comfortable. As well the a/c was great. Breakfast was wonderful with alot of choices. We had a great stay. Easy to walk to town or drive.
- The town was nice. The hotel had a good breakfast, and the price was reasonable.
- Rooms on the ground floor, swimming pool, large breakfast, in walking distance from the town center, friendly staff
- Beautiful large and comfortable room with a lovely outlook
- Two doors with hall. Plus the door to get into the room there were a small hall and the bathroom entring into the room and another door, so you don’t listen any noise from outside and you don’t disturb if you have to go to the bathroom at nigth for example.
El Tejo de Comillas
This establishment is located in the monumental, traditional fishing village of Comillas.El Tejo de Comillas is a modern establishment, built in a traditional style and features facilities that include a restaurant, cafeteria and TV room.It is conveniently located just opposite the old Pontificial University and very close to the gardens of the Marquis de Comillas’ Palace.The center of the village is only 1,650 feet away and the beach lies at 3,300 feet from here.
- Easily accessible to the Camino and had a nice rural outlook.
Excellent location and very comfortable. It was difficult at first to communicate, with the staff and having to inform the lady at breakfast, on the 4th and 5th days of our stay, our room number was slightly tedious. However, we were very appreciative of the remainder of the staff who made us feel very welcome at all times.
The breakfast was outstanding and was a match for any hotel we have stayed in previously.
- Location is very good, close to a long distance bus stop. Staff in the morning was super friendly.
The hotel is modern clean and welcoming . Just outside of the main town of Comillas but very convenient 10 minute walk along a park to the centre . Near the famous Gaudi buildings .
It’s about 25 minutes walk to the lovely beach at Comillas and the harbour .
The room was perfect and very comfortable with air conditioning and good WiFi .
It is situated right on the Camino path out of Comillas so very convenient .
- We have stayed in 17 hotels during our Camino. All of them were great and good value for price. So I put the marks comparing all this 17 hotels on our way (10 – best, 9 good, 8 nothing special). The main differences are in room size, breakfast, room design and old of the room. This hotel is a great 9,5 score place.
Dunas de Oyambre
Set against the Picos de Europa Mountains, this hotel in Trasvía has a large garden overlooking the Oyambre Nature Reserve. It offers rooms with heating, free Wi-Fi and a TV.The Hotel Dunas de Oyambre serves home-made breakfast on its terrace every morning. There is a range of restaurants in Comillas, which is 5 minutes’ drive away.Oyambre and Comillas Beaches are both within 5 minutes’ drive from the Dunas de Oyambre Hotel. Also in Comillas is the Capricho de Gaudí, a house designed by Gaudí and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The people were super friendly and there was a nice view of the ocean.
- Peaceful location with beautiful views over the countryside. Good home base for exploring Comillas and surrounding area. Good simple breakfast available on site. Friendly staff. Short walk to the ocean.
Lovely location with a room overlooking the valley and hills beyond and the garden area – with tables and chairs perfect for breakfast or relaxing with a drink in the sun.
Basic comfortable room which was spotlessly clean throughout.
Good wireless reception.
Excellent for one or two night stopover with easy access to the Playa a few minutes drive away.
There is also an excellent family run restaurant serving simple but wholesome fare just a few minutes walk away where we enjoyed dinner on one evening.
- We were late but the host stayed and made sure we were in before he left the night watch, they were very friendly and totally accommodating,
- I liked the room, the personel and the way they offered breakfast. Very kind, friendly and like everything is possible.
Located a 10-minute walk from the beach in Comillas, La Montañesuca inn offers rooms with TV, free WiFi in public areas and a shared terrace. Santander Airport is 40 minutes’ drive away.Rooms at this property feature classic-style dècor and come with parquet floors, a desk, a wardrobe and heating. They have a private bathroom with free toiletries.Centrally located, you will find bars, restaurants and supermarkets in the surrounding streets.Parque Natural Oyambre Nature Reserve is 5.6 mi away and Santander is a 30-minute drive away.
- We are walking the cameno so room comfort is paramount and this hotel is just OK. Price was also to much for the room at 60€.
- Simple but acceptable accommodations, sweet and welcoming hosts, venerable and distinctive building. Small room and small bed. Quite noisy as is right in the middle of the village. But charming nevertheless, and the location is very central
- Wonderful hosts, peaceful retreat amidst the noise of Comillas
- A simple place to shelter on a rainy night. It has all the basics but no frills
- the location, the neighbours and the host and the accommodation were all superb. Easy to reach the nearby pown of Luanca, a half hour walk along the coast or a 5 minute drive away- fabulous Maritme Museum and great bars and restaurants, especially on the far side of the harbour.
Hotel Faro de San Vicente
This hotel, beside San Vicente de la Barquera Port, offers stunning views over the Old Town and estuary. There is a terrace bar, and all heated rooms have private bathrooms.Hotel Faro de San Vicente is 1,000 feet from the town center, and the beach is 1.2 mi away. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and in the rooms.Rooms at the Faro de San Vicente have wooden floors and a TV. Some have sea views. All private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.San Vicente de la Barquera is well-located for exploring the Picos de Europa Mountains. Other places of interest nearby are Cabárceno, Oyambre and Comillas.
- Great location and very friendly and helpful staff
- The hotel was very clean and the stuff was very nice.
- Nice location, quite little town in late September
- the food was very good and the two course daily menu excellant value. The wine list was good too and we even found a first rate Oloroso sherry.
- Good location looking over sea and mountains. Lively cafe downstairs- good terrace area.
Top Hotels In Comillas Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Comillas Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Comillas Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Comillas Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!