10 Best Hotels To Stay In Colón San José – Top Hotel Reviews
Colón San José is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Colón San José. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Colón San José. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Colón San José. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Colón San José right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Colón San José with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Colón San José:
Hotel El Marañón
Located in Colón, 10 miles from San José, Hotel El Marañón features a sun terrace and views of the garden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room comes with a private bathroom.There is a gift shop at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. Alajuela is 6 miles from Hotel El Marañón, and Escazú is 6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 6 miles from the property.
- our room was on top floor and felt a bit like a tree house. The property has lots of trees. Hotel is fairly close to the airport, although traffic in the morning can be really bad. Local breakfast was good, but do not take the continental as it was very small. Although there is no AC, the room felt cool.
- Beautiful rooms, lovely and helpful staff. DELICIOUS breakfasts.
- The staff were excellent and made us feel very welcome. On the second day they made sure I had orange juice for breakfast as i didnt like the other options. I thought this was a nice touch. They also made us sandwiches one morning as we were going on a day trip and would be too early for breakfast.
- The people were extremely friendly. All the accommodations were wonderful. It was an excellent experience. We would highly recommend this place and we hope to go back.
- Hosts, room, breakfast, view. Relaxing rockers and birds!! Loved the place!!
Featuring free WiFi and a fitness center, Studio Hotel offers accommodations in San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TVwith cable channels, as well as an iPod docking station are provided. Views of the mountains, garden or city are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk, business center, concierge services and a hairdresser’s at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 6 miles from Studio Hotel, and Escazú is 3.5 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 3.7 miles away.
- I liked the style of the hotel it was a modern and very beautiful and very clean the breakfast was great the size of the hotel was not too big and easy to get around
- very friendly welcome, good staff, covered parking, proximity to a few restaurants, decent breakfast.
- the food was excellent. all service & staff were great
- Room was comfortable. The staff were great. Welcome drinks on arrival.
A wonderfully warm welcome
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Located in San José, 7 miles from Alajuela, Hotel alta las palomas features a year-round outdoor pool and sauna. The hotel has a terrace and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a TV with cable channels. Each room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Escazú is 2.1 miles from Hotel alta las palomas, and Heredia is 6 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 2.5 miles from the property.
- An absolutely beautiful hotel! I had a ground floor room which had a private patio and garden and was just a few steps from the lovely pool. The bed was really comfortable and the room was spacious. All of the staff was very helpful. I ate dinner at the restaurant and the food was delicious.
- I liked the quiet charm. The unique design and Costa Rican ambiance make for a memorable stay. The bed and pillows and bed linens were superb. To be able to open the door of the room to the veranda and walk outside gave an extra good feeling of relaxation whether for the morning sunrise or at the end of the day.
- The staff was extremely friendly. Especially Luiz at the front desk!
- Food in restaurant was wonderful. Staff throughout the hotel – awesome attentive and warm! Hope to be back again in the near future!
The staff were first class in all aspects- Luis upgraded our room & we were moved effortlessly. The view from the balcony was superb. Nothing was ever too much trouble. I had a problem with onward flight tickets and the staff were very helpful in making enquiries for us.
La Luz was truly a top class dining experience. In particular for dinner overlooking the pool.
The hotel was decorated for the Christmas period in a tasteful and sophisticated manner.
El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse
Showcasing a sauna and fitness center, El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse is located in San Antonio. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. Superior rooms include a spa tub or a hot tub. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play tennis at the hotel. San José is 9 miles from El Rodeo Steak House, and Alajuela is 3 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
- Basic but pretty good hotel for what you pay for. The steakhouse did not disappoint.
- Friendly staff and a good room. It’s not fancy, but the bed is very comfortable and everything is clean,
Nice place, Huge Rooms ,with Huge Bathroom.
We Stayed One night ,because next day we had early morning flight, great Hotel, good Stuff.
- Great location for the Airport, staff were very friendly and the rooms were very clean
- Close to airport. Excellent food in steak house. Nice grounds and seating areas.
Hotel Villa Los Candiles
Hotel Villa los Candiles features an outdoor swimming pool, gardens and non-smoking facilities. Free Wi-Fi is also available.The elegantly decorated accommodations at this eco-friendly property feature DVD player, flat-screen TV, free toiletries, hairdryer and some may have equipped kitchen.The 24-hour front desk has bilingual staff members from 6 am to 10 pm, and the facilities can accommodate the disabled. Massage services are also available. There is a golf course within 2 miles and Juan Santamaría International Airport is 5 miles away.
- Small hotel in a quiet location. Enjoyed our private patio. Felt safe. Very nice staff.
- Excellent hotel with friendly staff in Santa Ana, a nice neighborhood in San Jose.
we stay just for 1 night before leaving the country and it was exactly what we need – 30 min drive to the airport, fresh modern room with all necessary things including fridge. District around is nice and has variety of shops/cafe.
Price/performance is good.
- So clean, fresh, and modern! Truly the best hotel I’ve stayed at in Costa Rica. Excellent service, provided me with incredibly serene comfort and rest.
- Staff were very friendly and helpful. Martha who cooked us breakfast was a very dear lady. Wish we spoke more Spanish so we could converse better. Rooms were clean, comfortable bed. Enjoyed walking to the Farmer’s Market in Santa Ana on Sunday morning. Overall nice stay, though we didn’t spend a great deal of time at the hotel. This is a small, quiet, quaint, hotel away from the noise. Very relaxed.
La Riviera Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, La Riviera Hotel offers accommodations in San Antonio, just 8 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a TV with cable channels. Each room comes with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find free shuttle service at the property.Alajuela is 3 miles from La Riviera Hotel, and Escazú is 5 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 1.2 miles from La Riviera Hotel.
Stayed here many times, everything is good. The airport shuttle every hour is handy.
There is an onsite deli with nice wines. The restaurant is awesome.
- Close to the airport, had a style and personality- a very “Latin” feel to it, not just a plain block buildling. Restaurant on site was great. Would definitely stay here again.
- The staff are extremely friendly and go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. There is no refrigerator in the room but they brought me some ice. They also offered to store anything in the hotel refrigerator if needed. The hotel was also clean and has a nice restaurant with really good food. I had to wake up early to catch a flight and they were on time with the wake up call. They have a free airport shuttle which leaves every hour. Overall excellent service.
- The taxi driver Jorge was one of the finest gentlemen we’ve encountered!
- Beautiful property with very close proximity to the airport and the beautiful town of Belen
- Stayed here many times, everything is good. The airport shuttle every hour is handy.
Aloft San Jose
Featuring free WiFi, a year-round outdoor pool and a terrace, Aloft San Jose offers accommodations in San José, just 4.5 miles from Alajuela. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk, business center, concierge services and a gift shop at the property.You can play pool at this hotel, and car rental is available. Escazú is 4.5 miles from Aloft San Jose, and Heredia is 6 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 3.1 miles from the property.
- room is clean and large with huge windows. Staff at the hotel is top notch
- Big and comfortable bed; nice staff; good experience!
- I’ve been at this hotel more than 4 times, and everytime the most enjoyable thing of it are its beds, they mighty comfy, they make you feel all set for a new journey the next morning.
- Breakfast was superb! Personel at breakfast was very friendly
- Breakfast was awesome, kitchen service was very polite.
Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel
One of our best sellers in San José! Located in the Asuncion neighborhood in San José, 5 miles from Alajuela, Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel features an outdoor pool and terrace. Private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Views of the lake, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Superior rooms feature a spa tub or a hot tub.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Escazú is 4.2 miles from Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel, and Heredia is 3.4 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 1.9 miles from Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel.
Asuncion is a great choice for travelers interested in sightseeing, friendly locals and restaurants.
- Lovely hotel perfect location near to airport. Service really good and staff helpful. We only stayed 2 nights at start of holiday. Breakfast was very good.
- We had a late check in and an early check out. The staff made this very easy for us. Beautiful property and very romantic.
- The Alameda Cariari Boutique Hotel is a wonderful place to stay near the airport. The staff are kind and helpful and communicating with them, whether by email or in person, was easy. We ate our delicious buffet breakfast out by the pool in the courtyard and were treated to vistas of mountains and lots of flowers. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Staff was very helpful. Picked us up at early morning hours to get to hotel. Beautiful setting. Lovely small pool and slide. Great breakfast. Very accommodating to our needs.
- Staff were friendly and accomodating. The property is stunning, and the rooms are absolutely gorgeous. It os a quite hotel, ideal for short term stays or couples. Definitely not a party hotel!
Airport Hotel Costa Rica
One of our top picks in Alajuela.Surrounded by native trees and gardens, this hotel is next to Pan American Highway, 2.5 miles from Juan Santamaría International Airport. It offers a pool and free airport shuttle.Rooms at Airport Hotel Costa Rica are air conditioned and spacious, featuring cable TV, free Wi-Fi and free local calls. They offer nice views of Alajuela´s rich natural landscape.Guests enjoy a daily buffet breakfast with tropical fruits, as well as regional cuisine and vegetarian dishes. Room service is available.Airport Hotel Costa Rica has also a tour desk and provides currency exchange. Free parking is supplied on site, and the airport shuttle service is available 24 hours a day.
- Staff very friendly and helpful. Property was safe, secure and quiet. Hotel paid for our taxi to the airport the morning we left.
- We arrived late at night at the airport – no particular expectations of the hotel. Shuttle (via taxi) arrangement worked well. Check in quick and easy, staff pleasant and efficient. Hotel more attractive and interesting than we had expected – it would not be unpleasant to spend more time here, unlike many airport hotels. Breakfast good.
- Good restaurant nice grounds free airport transportation
- Spent a night here before my early flight home. Perfectly located near the airport and the free shuttle there is a definite bonus. Room was just as advertised and the bed was super comfortable. There is a restaurant on-site for added convenience. Service was great all around. I fully plan on spending another night here (before and/or after my flight) on my next trip to Costa Rica.
- For an overnight stay in route to the airport it was a good value.
Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum Costa Rica
Featuring free WiFi and a fitness center, Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum Costa Rica offers accommodations in San José, just 5 miles from Alajuela. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Escazú is 4.3 miles from Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum , and Heredia is 6 miles away. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 3.1 miles from the property.
- Proximity to bakery and product c restaurant and market
- Tasty breakfast. Flexible and helpful people. We were allowed to stay in the room until 2 pm- check out was at 12pm.
- Confortable clean located near many restaurants very accompanying staff
- The property has a great cold and hot breakfast which is complimentary with the stay. This helped a lot seeing we were doing excursions each day and were short on time. Convenient and they also had a great variety of breakfast options. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is multilingual which helps and they were always smiling, friendly and ready to be of assistance. We really enjoyed re stay here and would stay again.
- Nice clean and comfortable room. Good breakfast and good restaurants/pubs nearby.
Top Hotels In Colón San José Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Colón San José to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Colón San José but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Colón San José. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!