10 Best Hotels To Stay In Cedro Alajuela – Top Hotel Reviews
Cedro Alajuela is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Cedro Alajuela. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Cedro Alajuela. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Cedro Alajuela. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Cedro Alajuela right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Cedro Alajuela with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Cedro Alajuela:
Hotel Mango Valley
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Hotel Mango Valley offers accommodations in Grecia, just 19 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a TV. The rooms have a private bathroom.There is concierge services at the property.Alajuela is 9 miles from Hotel Mango Valley, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- Javier who runs/works there was absolutely amazing. I can’t say enough about how much he went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. The breakfast was great big portion size with coffee and juice. The place was very well maintained. I would definitely stay here again without question.
The location is absolutely stunning! We got a cabin with a private terrace which is definitely worth the extra money – the view of the Poas Volcano and the mountains is just gorgeous.
The little cabin has all you need, very cosy and it was spotlessly clean and in a very good shape. The grounds are immaculate and very well taken care of, the view from the pool is just amazing. The management was really nice and helpful. We thought it would be just a nice and convenient stay close to the airport before we’ll leave but it turned out that is was an very interesting area with lots to do and it didn’t feel touristy at all. The hotel is the best place to end our start your vacation – not just for one night.
- Javier was very welcoming and professional. He went out of his way to explain local activities and to make calls about the best timing to do them. Nuria kept the place extremely clean. Thanks for a very pleasant stay!
- beautiful hotel, fantastic comfy cosy rooms – beautiful wooden cabins, very romantic. delicious breakfast. beautiful views.
- The room was adorable and the view was excellent. Rocking chairs on the terrace were a nice touch. The bookshare/library was also great since I finished my book and needed another. The yummy local restaurant delieverd so I didn’t even have to leave! Javier was very sweet and helpful for everything I needed.
Featuring a beautiful mountain setting just one mile from Poás Volcano National Park, Altura Hotel features rooms with views of Costa Rica’s Central Valley. This charming hotel is in attractive grounds with gazebos and walking paths.Each spacious room at Altura Hotel has simple, modern décor. There is a sitting area with a fireplace, flat-screen cable TV, a mini-fridge, and tea and coffee-making facilities. Free Wi-Fi is also available.Guests can enjoy a continental or traditional Costa Rican breakfast in the Altura’s dining room. There is also a small library.The staff at the hotel front desk can arrange excursions to local coffee plantations, national parks and waterfalls. Canopy tours of the rainforest at Las Colinas can also be arranged.The hotel has a peaceful location outside Fraijanes, just a 20 minute drive from the city of Alajuela. San José is approximately 22 miles away.
- Flexibility and friendliness of staff- great breakfast!
- Lovely views, very spacious room, lovely gardens. The receptionist was very helpful organising a transfer back to San Jose for $70.
- This is a quirky and surprising find with some really lovely features if you’re looking for something a little less “hotelly” than the norm. We stayed in the container studio and it was well equipped, although we did find it a little cold (probably because we’d just spent days at the coast and were a bit unprepared for the chill). The views were absolutely beautiful and we loved the menagerie of cats, dogs, donkeys and cows that make it feel like you’re on a working farm. The breakfast is fairly basic but was tasty and the staff were friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The lounge area below the breakfast room was a treat, for both the views and the indoor tree!
- I loved everything in that hôtel. Personnel / view / emplacement. It was perfect
- The service was overall welcoming and warm. The location is beautiful.
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and barbecue, Villas Escondidas is located in Grecia in the region of Alajuela. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a TV with cable channels. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms have a private bathroom.San José is 19 miles from Villas Escondidas, and Alajuela is 8 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 9 miles from Villas Escondidas.
- We enjoyed our first night in Costa Rica at Villas Escondido’s. It was a great stopover on our way to Fortuna. The hosts were fantastic, breakfast was great and the coffee was amazing! The room was nice and clean.
Nice and calmly situated 10 minutes outside of Grecia where you have bars,restaurants and all kind of shopping possibilities.
Perfect for trips to Poas or La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
The host has lots of advices for activities nearby and even for your next stop.
Spacious rooms with a refrigerator.
A gorgeous retreat in a lovely garden setting. Spacious, comfortable and fairly well-equipped rooms.
That said, there were some simple things that need correcting. Shampoo and a hair dryer should be provided [there was a hairdryer that could be borrowed]. There is a bedside lamp but nowhere near the bedside table that I could see to plug it in. There is nowhere to hang clothes. The hot and cold taps are reversed in the shower. There is nowhere to put soap in the shower. There are no shelves in the bathroom for toiletries. One of two downlights in the bathroom was not working. The main light has two out of three globes not working.
Villas Escondidas is not cheap by Costa Rican standards and it is disappointing that they have failed to attend to these details.
Offsetting these negatives, we had a lovely breakfast in an idyllic setting.
- Grounds were beautiful. The family that owns it are helpful, knowledgeable and extremely friendly. We just moved here and they gave us so much good advice.The breakfasts were delicious! Carla and Nelson are the best!
- Courteousness and Communication of welcomeness. It is a delightful comfortable location. It is beautifully situated in trees and gardens. Love it.
Poas Lodge is located in Poasito, just 19 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a shared lounge at the property.Alajuela is 10 miles from Poas Lodge, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 11 miles from Poas Lodge.
- Fabulous views over SJ from dining room/bar with wood burning fireplace. Hummingbirds by the windows. Friendly hosts, parking right in front. Access into Poas Vocano national park (closed recently due to volcanic activity, check for updates) Easy drive from airport, and day trips to la Paz waterfalls, coffee plantations, Sarchi, etc.
- Very good breakfast. Perfect view over The Valley. Great service. Nice dinner. Beautiful chimney with a warming fire. We didn’t miss anything
- The hosts, Matthew and Leah, couldn’t have been more helpful and kind. The room was clean, comfortable and the bed was great. The wifi in the room was good and the view – spectacular! I had a vegetable stew prepared by Leah for dinner that was exceptional and I heard guests at another table saying the burger they had was delicious. The included breakfast was also great! The location is close enough to the airport (about 45 minutes if you don’t get lost – which I did) that you could begin or end your trip to Costa Rica here at this lovely and friendly spot. It is also very close to Poas National Park and the volcano. I highly recommend this great lodge and hope to visit on my next trip to Costa Rica.
Thank’s to Leah and Matthiew!! Everything was perfect! You are, both, nice and sweet! Hope to see you soon!
Julie and Bertrand
- The volcano park was closed but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay nonetheless. Arrived after dark and enjoyed seeing the lights of the huge Central Valley; the view was all the more spectacular in the morning, and our room (all the rooms, I believe) had a great view. Went to La Paz waterfall and wildlife exhibitions, which was a great introduction to Costa Rica. The new proprietors were very friendly and helpful. Wish them the best of luck. The lodge is homey with a fireplace and couches.
B&B Hotel Vista Linda Montana
Surrounded by gardens, B&B Hotel Vista Linda Montaña offers wonderful mountain views, free Wi-Fi and bright, colorful rooms with private bathrooms. Juan Santamaria International Airport is just a 10-minute drive away.You can enjoy breakfast on the terrace at the Vista Linda Montaña. Specialities include ham and eggs, cheeses, jams and fresh tropical fruit. Homemade evening meals are also available upon request.Hotel Vista Linda Montaña is 12 miles from central San José. The Poas Volcano National Park is a 30-minute drive away. Free parking can be found nearby, and airport transportation can be arranged upon request.
- Very friendly host, clean room and great view. Very good to start or end your holiday.near airport; shuttle can be arranged for 15 us dollar
Quiet away and away from traffic noise. In a safe area. On a local bus line into Alajuela. Everybody gets a balcony sitting area. Great for those with indoor allergies. Beautiful garden and view.
Dinner is available (for a price$17-19) but that’s good since it isn’t near a restaurant except for a taco soda about 20 min walk NE into Tuetal.
Full fledged Continental breakfast included cold cuts cheese fruit toast and hard boiled eggs. And coffee
- Beds were perfect, 10 minutes from San Jose airport, 25 minutes if heavy traffic. Perfectly relaxing for at the end of your trip before you need to fly out. Restaurants within 1.7 miles. Pizza delivery (was very good)!
- The hosts Sabrina and her mom were exceptional. Picked us up at the airport for $15 at midnight cause our flight was delayed by 3 hours. They made sure thst we were very comfortable. Made supper for us for a charge because we didn’t want to go back downtown and that supper was excellent. Left early the next morning and Sabrina packed a lunch for us to take. Couldn’t ask for better hosts.
- Karin and Sabrina are wonderful hosts! They provided me with breakfast at 5 AM due to an early flight and were super kind when I had to cancel my stay on the way back, when my domestic flight to San José got cancelled. Definitely would stay here again!
Airport Hotel Costa Rica
One of our top picks in Alajuela.Surrounded by native trees and gardens, this hotel is next to Pan American Highway, 2.5 miles from Juan Santamaría International Airport. It offers a pool and free airport shuttle.Rooms at Airport Hotel Costa Rica are air conditioned and spacious, featuring cable TV, free Wi-Fi and free local calls. They offer nice views of Alajuela´s rich natural landscape.Guests enjoy a daily buffet breakfast with tropical fruits, as well as regional cuisine and vegetarian dishes. Room service is available.Airport Hotel Costa Rica has also a tour desk and provides currency exchange. Free parking is supplied on site, and the airport shuttle service is available 24 hours a day.
- Staff very friendly and helpful. Property was safe, secure and quiet. Hotel paid for our taxi to the airport the morning we left.
- We arrived late at night at the airport – no particular expectations of the hotel. Shuttle (via taxi) arrangement worked well. Check in quick and easy, staff pleasant and efficient. Hotel more attractive and interesting than we had expected – it would not be unpleasant to spend more time here, unlike many airport hotels. Breakfast good.
- Good restaurant nice grounds free airport transportation
- Spent a night here before my early flight home. Perfectly located near the airport and the free shuttle there is a definite bonus. Room was just as advertised and the bed was super comfortable. There is a restaurant on-site for added convenience. Service was great all around. I fully plan on spending another night here (before and/or after my flight) on my next trip to Costa Rica.
- For an overnight stay in route to the airport it was a good value.
Poas Volcano Lodge
Located in Vara Blanca in the region of Heredia, 17 miles from San José, Poas Volcano Lodge features a terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms include a private bathroom.There is room service at the property.Alajuela is 11 miles from Poas Volcano Lodge, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 12 miles from the property.
Common facilities were excellent.
The lobby and library are very cozy with fresh cakes and drinks at discretion, interesting Costa Rican readings, the restaurant serving excellent local organic food, the staff extremely helpful and nice.
The rooms were clean, room service was outstanding. When it got cold they placed a hot water warmer under the blankets, a nice touch.
- The 1950’s Frank Lloyd Wright style architecture of the hotel was very unique and quaint. The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent as was the service.
- Breakfast was excellent. Special places to hang out. Love the little stoves for heat in the common rooms. Beautiful view.
- Peaceful environment. Big room with a nice Poas volcano view (note that the volcano park is closed for security since April 2017, so you cannot visit the craters). Very good restaurant (the best in our Costa Rica trip). Beautiful common hotel areas (lounge, …). Very kind staff. Good service.
Hotel design is the key thing what we remember: cozy style, library, restaurant, rooms with wooden floor.
Views (if it’s not cloudy) are also memorable – here we understand, why Costa Rica is often called Central American Switzerland.
They have their own trails, but it was too messy/dirty to pass all of them.
Recommend it for 2 day stay.
- Common facilities were excellent.
Hotel La Guaria Inn & Suites
One of our best sellers in Alajuela! Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Hotel La Guaria Inn & Suites offers accommodations in Alajuela, just 11 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or city. Each room includes a private bathroom.You will find free shuttle service at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Escazú is 8 miles from Hotel La Guaria Inn & Suites, and Heredia is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
Beds very old and lumpy; whole place rather tatty; about what to expect for $50
Location near airport only plus
- Bed comfortable,breakfast good.pool area quite pretty
- The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly; he helped me settle in and he gave me walking directions to nearby food markets, the beautiful village square and to nearby restaurants. He also scheduled a complimentary shuttle for my transport to the airport. The hotel is bright and clean. I was grateful for the efficient, quiet a/c which kept my room dry and cool. The breakfast was exceptional – lots of fresh fruit and coffee, and an attentive breakfast hostess kept the buffet well stocked and tidy.
- Always enjoy my stay here. Quiet at night. Comfortable beds.
- The airport shuttle offered and the pool were two extras that were important to us when we booked here.We were on an overnight stay,arriving at the airport and then leaving from the airport the next day.The manager himself sent us an email with detailed instructions on how to get a taxi shuttle from the airport to the hotel.These instructions were the most detailed that we have ever received before,and it made the shuttle experience stress free!Thanks again,Jose Castro!The pool was as pictured,with lounge chairs and bathrooms to facilitate a relaxing afternoon after we checked out and before we went to the airport!Great location!Would recommend for your consideration!
- Beds very old and lumpy; whole place rather tatty; about what to expect for $50
Hotel Cibeles Resort
One of our best sellers in Heredia! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Cibeles Resort offers accommodations in Heredia, just 6 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a TV with cable channels. All rooms come with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Alajuela is 7 miles from Hotel Cibeles Resort, and Escazú is 6 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 3.7 miles from the property.
- The grounds are pretty. Which is good, because the rooms are not.
- I had an extended stay here while working at UNA for two weeks, for which the location was perfect and secure, and much quieter than central Heredia, where I have stayed before. Rooms were cleaned every day and were relatively comfortable and good value but it would have been helpful to have access to a fridge. Wifi worked the majority of the time, but was quite slow and sometimes cut out. (This is really a minor point as the room was very clean, but I found small snakes and a large millipede in the room on three occasions – I think coming through a gap in the ceiling, so I guess some of the rooms could use some maintenance.)
- Great staff, very helpful. Security and cleanliness was excellent.
- swimming pool and jacuzzi and decoration of the entire building, the security staff at night were very friendly, helpfully, we and another spanish custumer were hungry at night but was late for restaurants and one of the guys offered to go with us for free to heredia center for buy some foods and come back
- Clean, wifi was perfect, and has kitchen and hot water.
Hotel Villa Los Candiles
Hotel Villa los Candiles features an outdoor swimming pool, gardens and non-smoking facilities. Free Wi-Fi is also available.The elegantly decorated accommodations at this eco-friendly property feature DVD player, flat-screen TV, free toiletries, hairdryer and some may have equipped kitchen.The 24-hour front desk has bilingual staff members from 6 am to 10 pm, and the facilities can accommodate the disabled. Massage services are also available. There is a golf course within 2 miles and Juan Santamaría International Airport is 5 miles away.
- Small hotel in a quiet location. Enjoyed our private patio. Felt safe. Very nice staff.
- Excellent hotel with friendly staff in Santa Ana, a nice neighborhood in San Jose.
we stay just for 1 night before leaving the country and it was exactly what we need – 30 min drive to the airport, fresh modern room with all necessary things including fridge. District around is nice and has variety of shops/cafe.
Price/performance is good.
- So clean, fresh, and modern! Truly the best hotel I’ve stayed at in Costa Rica. Excellent service, provided me with incredibly serene comfort and rest.
- Staff were very friendly and helpful. Martha who cooked us breakfast was a very dear lady. Wish we spoke more Spanish so we could converse better. Rooms were clean, comfortable bed. Enjoyed walking to the Farmer’s Market in Santa Ana on Sunday morning. Overall nice stay, though we didn’t spend a great deal of time at the hotel. This is a small, quiet, quaint, hotel away from the noise. Very relaxed.
Top Hotels In Cedro Alajuela Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Cedro Alajuela to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Cedro Alajuela but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Cedro Alajuela. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!