10 Best Hotels To Stay In Castro-Urdiales Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Castro-Urdiales Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Castro-urdiales Cantabria:
Sercotel Las Rocas
Overlooking the beautiful Brazomar Beach, this distinctive hotel is located on Spain’s north coast between Santander and Bilbao.Set in the picturesque port of Castro Urdiales, the Sercotel Las Rocas provides ideal accommodations for those visiting the Green Coast. It blends a tranquil location and traditional service with modern technology for a comfortable stay. One of its most impressive features is the restaurant, where you can try the range of regional specialties including grilled fish.The hotel’s elegant guestrooms mix classic decor with contemporary facilities, such as music equipment and free Wi-Fi internet access. All rooms enjoy fantastic bay views.
- It was very quiet and the room very big and comfortable. The staff were pleasant. The location was great, beach and town all by foot.
- The hotel wasexcellent. Perfect location. The rooms well appointed beds superb staff in every location more than helpful. The gin and tonic whilst taking 10 minutes to make was just heaven !,,
- Beautiful although the brochure on the table showed a picture of our hotel on the front, then when you turned it over it showed a picture of a beautiful pool that was not, alas, on the property.
- The location was excellent – just down the street from the beach. Checking in was a breeze. The room and bathroom are very clean. We had an end-of-the-hallway room and the wifi was a little slow. It sped up considerably as we moved toward the beginning of the hallway and in the lobby. The restaurant downstairs has a fresh-squeezed orange juice machine which I really loved.
- Excellent breakfast! Very helpful and friendly staff. Ideal location for beach. A short walk along the prom to the old town.
Agua Viva Hostería & Spa Castro
Agua Viva H. & Spa Castro has been elegantly constructed with wood to respect its surrounding environment. It is located in Mioño, 1.9 mi from Castro Urdiales and 19 mi from Bilbao.The spa at Agua Viva has a swimming pool, hammam and relaxation area with music therapy. There are also many therapeutic and beauty treatments available.The property and its rooms have been furnished in an Indonesian style providing a relaxing atmosphere for guests.A garden terrace provides an area for guests to barbecue and the bar-restaurant looks out over the pool.The BEC Convention Center is just 20 minutes away by car. Santander can be reached in 50 minutes’ drive.
- Nice location. Out of town but within sight of the town.
- The breakfast was good and the coffee was fantastic!
A very pleasant atmosphere. I had excellent therapeutic massage from Senor Manuel and chatted in English to D. Belen, the owner and a fellow English teacher. The room was warm and comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The surrounding area is residential and quiet – and totally safe to leave a packed car in.
I shall certainly stay there again when I am next flitting between Portugal and Scotland.
- Rooms in a house in a quiet neighbourhood. Castro is a lovely town to visit
- Great value for money short walk ten minutes to beach x
Castro Sun And Beach
Located in Castro-Urdiales, Castro Sun And Beach offers accommodations with a terrace and free WiFi.All units comprise a seating area, and a fully equipped kitchen with various cooking facilities, including a dishwasher, an oven, a microwave and a fridge. Some units have a balcony and/or a patio with sea or city views.Bilbao is 21 miles from the condo hotel. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 27 miles from the property.
- Charming helpful host. Great value for money. Well equiped and comfortable accommodation. Very close to all the facilities.
The location was perfect for what we were looking for. The apartment was exactly like in the pictures. Everything inside is in a good condition.
Mister Iñigo was really kind, really a nice person, even if we couldn’t speak Spanish very well and he couldn’t speak English or Italian, everything was perfect.
The entrance of the apartment is not so beautiful but the apartment inside is really really nice and clean. The only issue could be the noise from the other apartments, but in the evening the street downstairs is calm and silent. And it has wifi. It could be a problem for elders, little kids or in case of people with heavy and lot of luggage as it doesn’t have any lift (but not a problem for us). It is perfectly located close (walking distance) to almost all the best things that Castro Urdiales can offer. Close to bus stop to Bilbao, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, cafes, stores, monuments, taxi stop, underground car parking, etc.
- La amplitud y comodidad del piso. Muy limpio. La cocina cuenta con todo lo necesario para pasar unos dias sin echar nada en falta, platos, vasos, cubiertos, cazuelas,etc. Como queríamos celebrar la Navidad, pedimos permiso para decorar el apartamento. Quedó precioso. Nos sentimos como en casa.
- la ubicación (está justo en el centro);el apartamento nuevo, amplio y muy limpio; el anfitrión
El apartamento estaba todo reformado, muy limpio y las fotografías igual que lo que era a la realidad. Una cocina equipada, toallas para todos, y todo y que tenia un aire en el comedor con calefacción no hacia frio en el piso y no lo tuvimos que poner.
Perfecto para ir a Castro, sin duda
Hotel La Ronda
Hotel La Ronda is centrally located in Castro Urdiales main shopping street, and only 10 minutes’ walk from the beach. It offers simple décor rooms with free Wi-Fi, a TV and private bathroom.The hotel features a café bar and a lounge where guest can relax while reading a book or watching TV.Staff at the 24-hour front desk can provide tourist information about the area. The hotel also has a bicycle storage facility which you can use for free.The surrounding area is ideal for hiking and surfing. Bilbao is 22 mi from the hotel while Santander is 47 mi away.
- It was nice and well located. The staff were amazing at making us comfortable
Location is very central.
Staff was polite and efficient.
Room was clean.
Great central location – easy to find on the Camino .
Room comfortable and clean .
Castro is a nice town with a good vibe and plenty to explore. Great tapas bars and restaurants in the old quarter .
- Very close to centre. Easy to find from the Camino. Easy to start again. String shower.
Good clean two star hotel. Bed rooms clean & comfortable. Everything worked OK in the bathroom with good hot shower. Staff very friendly & helpful.
The town is very picturesque & only a 200 metre walk from the hotel to the sea front.
Posada Casa Rosalia
Posada Casa Rosalia is located in Sámano, less than 10 minutes’ drive away from Castro Urdiales. Free WiFi access is available.Each heated room at Casa Rosalia features rustic décor with wooden furniture, tiled floors and exposed brick walls, as well as wooden beams on the ceilings. There is a flat-screen TV, a wardrobe and a private bathroom with free toiletries. Most rooms have a hydromassage shower. Bed linen and towels are included.At Posada Casa Rosalia you will find a garden and a terrace. The property offers free parking.Bilbao Airport is 26 mi away.
- the hotel itself is nice and the first receptionist was very friendly, but the 2nd was a disaster. He locked himself in the neighboring room in the evening to watch TV, instead of being available to customers. Worse, the next morning, breakfast (I paid extra for that) was to start at 8am. He didn’t come down until 8:15 and first wanted to go out to get bread. The coffee machine took 15min to get hot and the coffee I got (30min late) was luke warm. The breakfast was terrible, just pre-packaged muffins, etc. and the laziness of the staff ruined the experience. I contacted the property later via email and never received an apology or a reply. They should have refunded for the breakfast at the very least. Also, the walls are paper thin and next room was loudly watching TV until 1:30am.
- A perfect spot for the exploration of Cantabria and Pais Basco. Near the highway but there isn’t traffic rumor. A good breakfast. A real rural accomodation
- Beautiful location, the place is very nicely decorated and the room very comfortable. Staff nice and welcoming too.
Friendly staff and interesting old building. Beautiful rooms, super comfortable bed and a fantastic spa tub – perfect if you have been hiking.
There is a bus station and a bar close by, but no store or restaurant.
- Large top floor room, reminded me of Switzerland. Lovely owner. HOT water, plenty to fill the jacuzzi tub. Great option to treat yourself if you are walking the Camino.
Hotel El Haya
Set in the countryside, on the border between Cantabria and the Baque Country, this hotel offers easy access from the A-8 Motorway, a 24-hour front desk and free Wi-Fi throughout.Hotel El Haya features heated rooms with TV and a fully equipped bathroom.The restaurant serves a variety of traditional dishes of the area, pintxos and sandwiches.Castro Urdiales is 10 minutes’ drive from Hotel El Haya. Bilbao is 17 mi away while Santander is approximately 40 minutes’ drive of the hotel.
- We’ve stayed several times in the past and it ticks all our boxes – very close to the ferry for the journey back to England and, when we have the time and the inclination, is a convenient place to stay while exploring the area. It’s not palatial by any stretch of the imagination but is clean and comfortable enough, the staff, usually very busy, are friendly and helpful enough, and the food in the restaurant is reasonable in price and quality.
- Closeness to ferry port in Bilbao. Also direct access to the motorway system to the port.
- Great location for ferry port the next morning… Clean basic rooms. Friendly staff.
- If you are looking for a hotel for the night before the morning ferry from Bilbao to Portsmouth, this is ideal….only 20 minutes away. Staff friendly – not much English but they are very helpful. Rooms are good size, bathrooms properly equipped. Lively bar, great value evening meal – €12 included on this occasion perfectly-grilled scorpion fish!
- Perfect for a 1-night stay. Great location, close to major roads, but excellent sound proofing. Ready access to restaurant and cafe. The menu of the day for the evening meal was fantastic value. The staff were super courteous and friendly. Check-in and check-out were easy. Some lovely timber work in the decor.
Hotel Palacio Muñatones
This hotel is a former palatial home dating back to the 18th century, located close to Arena Beach and 20 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. Hotel Palacio Muñatones is located in the San Julian de Musques neighborhood.This hotel has been restored from a former manor building featuring an elegant, historical façade. It has exterior-facing rooms and is the ideal location for a relaxing holiday or business trip.Located near the motorway, this hotel is an ideal base from which to explore the Vizcaya region and Eastern Cantabria.
- Well maintained building. Excellent restoration of the property, in good taste and charm. Comfortable and warm surroundings.
- The location was ideal for the ferry, the staff were very friendly and helpful evening snacks and breakfast very good secure on site free parking and good value for money lovely old building
- One staff member was super friendly and nice. Eager to please and helpful. Good enough breakfast. Clean. Convenient parking on premises.
- A delightful tastefully restored building, it was spotless, nothing was too much trouble.
- Amazingly well appointed and superb in all respects. No a/c which could be an issue ion the summer as it is across the valley from an oil refinery which is a bit pongy if the windows are open. Were it not for the refinery I’m sure it would have a much higher star rating, as in all other respects it is run like a boutique 4star. Self service breakfast was lovely. V convenient for the ferry port which is about 10 minutes away. Owners were v welcoming and helpful.
Set in beautiful countryside, outside the town of Muskiz, this hotel is 5 kms from Arena Beach. The rustic Hotel Muskiz offers rooms with satellite TV and free Wi-Fi.Just a 20-minute drive from Bilbao, Muskiz Hotel is on the border between the Basque Country and Cantabria. There is easy access from the A-8 Motorway and free parking is available on-site.Rooms at the Muskiz have heating and are decorated in traditional style. The private bathrooms are equipped with a bath and hairdryer.The hotel has a coffee bar. There is a restaurant 150 feet from the hotel.
- Good location for our onward journey from the ferry to La Rioja. Restaurant within walking distance. Breakfast was good value. Car parking was easy.
All night traffic outside hotel
Road facing rooms noisy
- Location was fine. Beds were OK and free parking.
- Excellent location for overnight stay before Catching ferry. Comfortable quiet room, Resturant across road did good menu del dia for 12 euros, we did not stay for breakfast.
- Very friendly and helpful staff. I had the best tea during my time in Spain. Nice soft towels . Comfortable bed. Good value restaurant only 50 metres from the hotel. Good location just off the motorway.
Hotel Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz
This rural hotel is a converted 18th-century house, set beside the Barbadún River, in Muskiz. It is 2.5 mi from La Arena Beach and offers free parking and free Wi-Fi.All heated rooms at the Palmeras Muskiz have a flat-screen satellite TV and tiled floors. The private bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer.Hotel Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz has a café-bar. There is also a garden terrace, where guests can enjoy the scenery.The hotel has a tour desk, and is centrally located beside Muskiz Town Hall and church. There is easy access to the A-8 Motorway and Bilbao is 14 mi away.
- Our host couldn’t speak English and we only have basic spanish, but he was fantastic. We arrived late at night and he arranged for a driver to take us to a restaurant that was still open for dinner.
- It was quiet with a bar downstairs. Helpful staff.
- Close to ferry terminal, good (public) parking across the road, excellent walking path to beach (ca. 2miles)
Lovely place on edge of village.
View of church from balcony
Good terrace for drinks.
Most enjoyable and only 15 mins from ferry
- The owner was brilliant. Even his Mum waved us off in the morning. Best evening we’d had, true Basque Spanish. Even had me behind the bar serving!
This rural-style hotel is located just 100 feet from Salve beach, on coastline of Cantabria, and is the ideal place for spending a relaxing vacation in a stunning natural seafront setting.Hotel Cortijo boasts exterior facing rooms, in which you can enjoy plenty of natural light. They also come with satellite TV.In the evening you can enjoy a drink in the on site bar, before going for a meal in one of the restaurants in the town of Laredo – the center is 1,000 feet from the hotel.Cortijo is an ideal base for exploring the natural beauty of this region of Cantabria, including Cabárceno Nature Reserve. Bilbao and Santillana del Mar are within easy reaching distance of the hotel.
- It was one street behind the main beach from walk. Cozy little place. The single room had a big bed in it but the bathroom was tiny. Free breakfast but it wasn’t great.
- For the price this was great value in a proper hotel. Shame they don’t make more use of their lovely dining room but we did visit off season when the town was very quiet.
- Very good location close to the beach. Nice service and relaxing atmosphere. Comfortable room with terrace.
- Very helpful staff they allowed us to park our motorcycles inside the locked courtyard. This was our third stay here and we would certainly stay here again.
- Typically Spanish good accommodation. Nice bathroom. Pleasant decor.
Top Hotels In Castro-urdiales Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!