10 Best Hotels To Stay In Castillo de San Felipe Izabal – Top Hotel Reviews
Castillo de San Felipe Izabal is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Castillo de San Felipe Izabal. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Castillo de San Felipe Izabal. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Castillo de San Felipe Izabal. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Castillo de San Felipe Izabal right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Castillo de San Felipe Izabal with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Castillo De San Felipe Izabal:
Hotel La Cabaña el Viajero
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing an outdoor pool, year-round outdoor pool and playground, Hotel La Cabaña el Viajero is located in Castillo de San Felipe in the region of Izabal. Just 1.6 miles from Rio Dulce Town. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain units include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms feature views of the pool or garden. Each room has a private bathroom.
- The family that runs the hotel were amazing hosts; so friendly and caring. They catered to our every need and made the stay wonderful. Great grounds with lots of foliage and a pool. The in house cooking was very good; due to the location in San Felipe, there are very few restaurant choices so we ate most meals at the hotel and were very happy with the cooking.
- Great hot water, food wonderful for a small hotel .staff very helpful and spoke English
- Warm welcome, very clean, great look, good size rooms, restaurant serves tasty food, pool, very cosy and homely feel, bus available to the centre every 30 mins, great service especially Michelle who even offered me a lift to get my boat to Livingston in the centre! Definitely will return.
If you come to Rio Dulce and you want to stay “on the land” it is good place. Swimming pool, nice garden, nice, simple room. Not warm water in the bathroom, what is often in Guatemala. Helpful girl working in the reception – Michel – she speaks english.
Close from the hotel is castle San Felipe. You can walk there.
Staff was very hospitable. Kitchen and breakfast is good. The family room is large and has a great bed. Only the economy room doesn’t have hot water. The pool is clean and loved by kids. The whole area is green and they actually utilise green energy – that’s why the light is a bit dim in the room.
One of the quietest platest in the country.
Showcasing a sun terrace and water sports facilities, Tortugal is located in Rio Dulce Town in the region of Izabal. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Some units have a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms feature views of the river or garden.There is free shuttle service at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as canoeing and hiking.
- What a beautiful place we stayed at!! I loved our room. It felt like a little jungle oasis. The room and the property were all so spacious. Wish we could’ve stayed longer.
- Double room with private toilet was good, cleanliness and sheets, platform on the river
- We stayed here for 1 night to break up our trip to Livingston. The location was very scenic and convenient and the grounds of the hotel were very nice. Lots of public space to sit and relax and take in the atmosphere.
- Loved the bamboo room with open air windows well covered with mosquito netting, restaurant is terrific!
- Location, property, and everything has been perfect! Also “local dog” Jefe :))
Hotel y Restaurante Backpackers
Located in Rio Dulce Town, 20 miles from Izabal, Hotel y Restaurante Backpackers features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.
- Lovely location right on the river bank, nice wooden building, big restaurant on the water with very good food. They have their own pier and the boats doing the trip down the Rio Dulce river can pick you up straight from the hostel, you can also buy your tickets for the trip at the reception. Room a bit mouldy but it’s understandable as the building is on water. Good wifi in the common areas.
- The restaurant and bar with direct view on Rio Dulce and the bridge are nice; food and service are good.
- Located directly on the lakeside at the other side of the bride. Just a few minutes walk to rio dulce town.
- The place looks abandoned, the room assigned was in very poor conditions. I used to stay here all the time, but I will have to reconsider next time I travel.
- The staff was extremely friendly and the restaurant was willing to cater to my children’s needs (one is vegetarian, the other likes her food cooked in a particular way). The hotel was extremely clean. I felt safe, as did my children.
Banana Palms Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, a fitness center and a year-round outdoor pool, Banana Palms Hotel offers accommodations in Rio Dulce Town, just 18 miles from Izabal. The hotel has a playground and terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.
We came in late for instance and they were waiting for us with a meal!;))
All very kind and sweet!!
Eland yes, you have absolutely killer views over the lake
Food is also good although you have to be aware that all guests dine together at a big table..!
Rooms/ apartments are breathtaking!!
- The staff was very friendly, the room was simple but clean and comfortable, the swimming pool and the facilities are very very nice, the views to the lake are also very nice.
The grounds are beautiful, well maintained pool, nice restaurant, great gardens.
Staff did not speak english, but was very kind.
- The pools didn’t look that appealing. The floor was not appropriate. It didn’t have tile.
- Great location on the lake, gorgeous gardens and grounds. Rooms great for families.
- Almost everything!
Nana Juana Hotel & Marina
Showcasing an outdoor pool, year-round outdoor pool and barbecue, Nana Juana Hotel & Marina is located in Rio Dulce Town, just 20 miles from Izabal. The hotel has a sun terrace and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property.Free use of bicycles is available at this hotel and the area is popular for hiking.
No reviews yet.
Hotel y Restaurante Cafe De Paris
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the lake, Hotel y Restaurante Cafe De Paris is located in Rio Dulce Town in the region of Izabal, just 20 miles from Izabal. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. A flat-screen TV is available.There is a shared lounge at the property.
- Probably the nicest place to stay in Rio Dulce. Had great aircon, wifi was weak and would not work from the room…..needed to go to the cafe downstairs to get a decent signal. Pillows could have been better, mattress was ok but showing some signs of wear. Hot water and decent water pressure in the shower. I liked the town but it wasn’t really a tourist town…more of a transit town but food and drink was cheap. Nice covered deck on top of the building. Don’t get a room facing the road as it is full of trucks all day and pretty noisy. I stayed in a room not facing the street and with the aircon on had no trouble sleeping and heard no street noise. Stayed here 2 nights because I liked the simple little town which was not tourist oriented and overcharging you for everything.
- Great value for money, good shower, lovely staff, nice cafe
- Very clean rooms best rooms in Guatemala. Nice food also.
- Good place to crash for a night on your way to somewhere else
- It was amazing that Brenda woke up at 1am and gave us the keys 🙂
Denny’s Beach Resort Hotel
Showcasing a private beach area and water sports facilities, Denny’s Beach Resort Hotel is located in Mariscos in the region of Izabal. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the lake, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Some accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including canoeing and hiking. Rio Dulce Town is 13 miles from Denny Beach Resort Hotel, and Izabal is 9 miles away.
- Excellent place for relaxing and exploring the region. We had a Bert comfortable stay and excellent food. Denny helped us out sorting transportation and connections in Rio Dulce. Without his assistance the travel time would have doubled! Great guy and excellent staff. We have seen manatees passing by from his peer. Recommanded!
The location is exceptional. Nice comfortable surroundings, very nice beach and good food.
The staff was extremely helpfull and courteous. There are many excursions within a short boat ride which add to the value.
Highly recommended and will definitely stay here again.
Ideal getaway destination where you can truly enjoy your stay.
- Fabulous location, friendly helpful staff, good food. Great place for a family with children–horses, ducks–and fun little kids of the local families. Basic and clean and very reasonable prices. But best of all was all the help and support we got from the owner who facilitated our onward travel. Especially appreciated as he was having some health challenges at the time and still went of his way to be accommodating.
- Very nice hotel in a great location just outside Chiquimula. No-brainer for an overnight stay or even a couple of nights.
- Él lugar muy tranquilo, bastante cómodo, con lo necesario, variedad de comidas y bebidas en el restaurante, kayaks gratis para uso de los visitantes, traslado desde el parqueo al hotel y viceversa en lancha, un viaje maravilloso
Maya Tenamit offers accommodations in El Higuerito. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or garden. All rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a shower.
- By far the best hotel we had in Guatemala!! The concept (lost in between the jungle and the lake) is awsome! Staff was amazing and the manager very helpful. Food was very good! Facilities was outstanding with nice wood everywhere. Nice private boat tour at very fair price and just for the 2 of us.
- The setting and location are beautiful, peaceful and full of nature. The little dog chocolate and a few members of staff were delightful.
- A little gem close to nature, Maya Tenamit recently opened and have I guess a few more months to completely finish the place (swimming pool in planning) but already is wonderful. I was never disturb by any works tough. The team at Maya Tenamit are also restoring the forest and mangrove! Lovely people all around taking care of you like royalty and taking you to where you need in boat. Just fab.
- Very nice place to relax, with you family or solo. Here have nice action to try. Or solo sit near the lake, the river, take a shot of whiskey.
- Excelente atención, me encantó el lugar y su personal súper amables
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Casa Vieja offers accommodations in Franceses, just 15 miles from Rio Dulce Town. The hotel has an outdoor pool and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Each room has a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.
No reviews yet.
G Boutique Hotel
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and fitness center, G Boutique Hotel is located in Mariscos in the region of Izabal, just 17 miles from Rio Dulce Town. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a flat-screen TV. Some units include a sitting area where you can relax. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find concierge services and gift shop at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking.
- Las instalaciones estaban muy buen cuidadas, se notaba que el mantenimiento era constante.
- atención del personal y el confort de la habitacion
- El lugar extremadamente lindo y cómodo. La vista al lago impresionante.
l’hotel etait désert mais très agréable tout de même ,ils auraient pu nous mettre dans les bingalow avec salle de bain balinaise comme nous étions les seuls clients de l’hotel
toutefois la chambre était très agréable et la piscine aussi
- Las habitaciones estaban muy bien decoradas y equipadas. Aunque la primera noche nos quedamos sin aire acondicionado en la habitación. Eso fue terrible!!!! Pasamos muy mala noche, pero el día siguiente nos dieron una habitación muy comoda.
Top Hotels In Castillo De San Felipe Izabal Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Castillo de San Felipe Izabal to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Castillo de San Felipe Izabal but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Castillo de San Felipe Izabal. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!