10 Best Hotels To Stay In Carrizal Alajuela – Top Hotel Reviews
Carrizal Alajuela is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Carrizal Alajuela. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Carrizal Alajuela. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Carrizal Alajuela. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Carrizal Alajuela right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Carrizal Alajuela with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Carrizal Alajuela:
Featuring a beautiful mountain setting just one mile from Poás Volcano National Park, Altura Hotel features rooms with views of Costa Rica’s Central Valley. This charming hotel is in attractive grounds with gazebos and walking paths.Each spacious room at Altura Hotel has simple, modern décor. There is a sitting area with a fireplace, flat-screen cable TV, a mini-fridge, and tea and coffee-making facilities. Free Wi-Fi is also available.Guests can enjoy a continental or traditional Costa Rican breakfast in the Altura’s dining room. There is also a small library.The staff at the hotel front desk can arrange excursions to local coffee plantations, national parks and waterfalls. Canopy tours of the rainforest at Las Colinas can also be arranged.The hotel has a peaceful location outside Fraijanes, just a 20 minute drive from the city of Alajuela. San José is approximately 22 miles away.
- Flexibility and friendliness of staff- great breakfast!
- Lovely views, very spacious room, lovely gardens. The receptionist was very helpful organising a transfer back to San Jose for $70.
- This is a quirky and surprising find with some really lovely features if you’re looking for something a little less “hotelly” than the norm. We stayed in the container studio and it was well equipped, although we did find it a little cold (probably because we’d just spent days at the coast and were a bit unprepared for the chill). The views were absolutely beautiful and we loved the menagerie of cats, dogs, donkeys and cows that make it feel like you’re on a working farm. The breakfast is fairly basic but was tasty and the staff were friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The lounge area below the breakfast room was a treat, for both the views and the indoor tree!
- I loved everything in that hôtel. Personnel / view / emplacement. It was perfect
- The service was overall welcoming and warm. The location is beautiful.
Hotel Monte Campana Heredia
Located in Birrí, 10 miles from San José, Hotel Monte Campana Heredia features a seasonal outdoor pool and playground. The hotel has a terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.All rooms are fitted with a TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Each room has a private bathroom. Superior rooms have a spa tub or a hot tub.There is room service and gift shop at the property.Alajuela is 6 miles from Hotel Monte Campana Heredia, and Escazú is 9 miles from the property. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 6 miles away.
- The place is really nice and both of our rooms were kinda nice. It does have a lot to do which is good. Canopy, paintball, etc..
- the accommodations where great, and the restaurant for dinner was excellent
Restaurant on site.
Activities on site
Hotel grounds are in the forest.
about 30 minutes from the airport and within an hour drive to national parks, volcanos and waterfalls
- The place was incredibly beautiful and the family environment is just awesomely relaxing
- The property is filled with things to keep you occupied (swimming pools, Jacuzzis, water slides, other activities at an additional cost). Lots of nature including a short walk to a waterfall where you can dive and swim. Excellent for kids of all ages.
Poas Volcano Lodge
Located in Vara Blanca in the region of Heredia, 17 miles from San José, Poas Volcano Lodge features a terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms include a private bathroom.There is room service at the property.Alajuela is 11 miles from Poas Volcano Lodge, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 12 miles from the property.
Common facilities were excellent.
The lobby and library are very cozy with fresh cakes and drinks at discretion, interesting Costa Rican readings, the restaurant serving excellent local organic food, the staff extremely helpful and nice.
The rooms were clean, room service was outstanding. When it got cold they placed a hot water warmer under the blankets, a nice touch.
- The 1950’s Frank Lloyd Wright style architecture of the hotel was very unique and quaint. The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent as was the service.
- Breakfast was excellent. Special places to hang out. Love the little stoves for heat in the common rooms. Beautiful view.
- Peaceful environment. Big room with a nice Poas volcano view (note that the volcano park is closed for security since April 2017, so you cannot visit the craters). Very good restaurant (the best in our Costa Rica trip). Beautiful common hotel areas (lounge, …). Very kind staff. Good service.
Hotel design is the key thing what we remember: cozy style, library, restaurant, rooms with wooden floor.
Views (if it’s not cloudy) are also memorable – here we understand, why Costa Rica is often called Central American Switzerland.
They have their own trails, but it was too messy/dirty to pass all of them.
Recommend it for 2 day stay.
- Common facilities were excellent.
Poas Lodge is located in Poasito, just 19 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a shared lounge at the property.Alajuela is 10 miles from Poas Lodge, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 11 miles from Poas Lodge.
- Fabulous views over SJ from dining room/bar with wood burning fireplace. Hummingbirds by the windows. Friendly hosts, parking right in front. Access into Poas Vocano national park (closed recently due to volcanic activity, check for updates) Easy drive from airport, and day trips to la Paz waterfalls, coffee plantations, Sarchi, etc.
- Very good breakfast. Perfect view over The Valley. Great service. Nice dinner. Beautiful chimney with a warming fire. We didn’t miss anything
- The hosts, Matthew and Leah, couldn’t have been more helpful and kind. The room was clean, comfortable and the bed was great. The wifi in the room was good and the view – spectacular! I had a vegetable stew prepared by Leah for dinner that was exceptional and I heard guests at another table saying the burger they had was delicious. The included breakfast was also great! The location is close enough to the airport (about 45 minutes if you don’t get lost – which I did) that you could begin or end your trip to Costa Rica here at this lovely and friendly spot. It is also very close to Poas National Park and the volcano. I highly recommend this great lodge and hope to visit on my next trip to Costa Rica.
Thank’s to Leah and Matthiew!! Everything was perfect! You are, both, nice and sweet! Hope to see you soon!
Julie and Bertrand
- The volcano park was closed but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay nonetheless. Arrived after dark and enjoyed seeing the lights of the huge Central Valley; the view was all the more spectacular in the morning, and our room (all the rooms, I believe) had a great view. Went to La Paz waterfall and wildlife exhibitions, which was a great introduction to Costa Rica. The new proprietors were very friendly and helpful. Wish them the best of luck. The lodge is homey with a fireplace and couches.
Hotel Mango Valley
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Hotel Mango Valley offers accommodations in Grecia, just 19 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a TV. The rooms have a private bathroom.There is concierge services at the property.Alajuela is 9 miles from Hotel Mango Valley, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- Javier who runs/works there was absolutely amazing. I can’t say enough about how much he went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. The breakfast was great big portion size with coffee and juice. The place was very well maintained. I would definitely stay here again without question.
The location is absolutely stunning! We got a cabin with a private terrace which is definitely worth the extra money – the view of the Poas Volcano and the mountains is just gorgeous.
The little cabin has all you need, very cosy and it was spotlessly clean and in a very good shape. The grounds are immaculate and very well taken care of, the view from the pool is just amazing. The management was really nice and helpful. We thought it would be just a nice and convenient stay close to the airport before we’ll leave but it turned out that is was an very interesting area with lots to do and it didn’t feel touristy at all. The hotel is the best place to end our start your vacation – not just for one night.
- Javier was very welcoming and professional. He went out of his way to explain local activities and to make calls about the best timing to do them. Nuria kept the place extremely clean. Thanks for a very pleasant stay!
- beautiful hotel, fantastic comfy cosy rooms – beautiful wooden cabins, very romantic. delicious breakfast. beautiful views.
- The room was adorable and the view was excellent. Rocking chairs on the terrace were a nice touch. The bookshare/library was also great since I finished my book and needed another. The yummy local restaurant delieverd so I didn’t even have to leave! Javier was very sweet and helpful for everything I needed.
Hotel Buena Vista
Located in Alajuela in the region of Alajuela, 12 miles from San José, Hotel Buena Vista features a playground and terrace. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. Every room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is free shuttle service, a shared lounge, a gift shop, and a shops at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 10 miles from Hotel Buena Vista, and Heredia is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 4.3 miles from the property.
- The bed was extremely comfortable with lovely bedding. Good quality towels.
Food was very good, both Breakfast and Dinner
Indoor common areas were nice
Parking was close to lobby
Hotel owner greeted guests at breakfast
- I loved walking the coffee trail. The grounds are well maintained and the flowers were beautiful. There are separate cottages near the coffee trail for families or larger groups. They looked really nice. They have a security gate that is locked just before dark so only guests can enter the property. The restaurant was very accommodating. They packaged our breakfast to go since we had a very early flight. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very nice. Loved everything about this property!
The bed was wonderful. The eggs,if you’re really picky
Could be an issue, seems “over light”did not compute!? but an egg is an egg and was not an issue for me!
Friendly and incredibility accomodating staff…this was our third visit here…and we continue to be impressed. Transportation provided to and from
SJO. On-site restaurant provides excellent meals. Excursions to nearby points of interest are offered for a reasonable fee. Guests come from everywhere…the majority from Europe.
We will return our next trip to Costa Rica.
Hotel Cibeles Resort
One of our best sellers in Heredia! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Cibeles Resort offers accommodations in Heredia, just 6 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a TV with cable channels. All rooms come with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Alajuela is 7 miles from Hotel Cibeles Resort, and Escazú is 6 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 3.7 miles from the property.
- The grounds are pretty. Which is good, because the rooms are not.
- I had an extended stay here while working at UNA for two weeks, for which the location was perfect and secure, and much quieter than central Heredia, where I have stayed before. Rooms were cleaned every day and were relatively comfortable and good value but it would have been helpful to have access to a fridge. Wifi worked the majority of the time, but was quite slow and sometimes cut out. (This is really a minor point as the room was very clean, but I found small snakes and a large millipede in the room on three occasions – I think coming through a gap in the ceiling, so I guess some of the rooms could use some maintenance.)
- Great staff, very helpful. Security and cleanliness was excellent.
- swimming pool and jacuzzi and decoration of the entire building, the security staff at night were very friendly, helpfully, we and another spanish custumer were hungry at night but was late for restaurants and one of the guys offered to go with us for free to heredia center for buy some foods and come back
- Clean, wifi was perfect, and has kitchen and hot water.
B&B Hotel Vista Linda Montana
Surrounded by gardens, B&B Hotel Vista Linda Montaña offers wonderful mountain views, free Wi-Fi and bright, colorful rooms with private bathrooms. Juan Santamaria International Airport is just a 10-minute drive away.You can enjoy breakfast on the terrace at the Vista Linda Montaña. Specialities include ham and eggs, cheeses, jams and fresh tropical fruit. Homemade evening meals are also available upon request.Hotel Vista Linda Montaña is 12 miles from central San José. The Poas Volcano National Park is a 30-minute drive away. Free parking can be found nearby, and airport transportation can be arranged upon request.
- Very friendly host, clean room and great view. Very good to start or end your holiday.near airport; shuttle can be arranged for 15 us dollar
Quiet away and away from traffic noise. In a safe area. On a local bus line into Alajuela. Everybody gets a balcony sitting area. Great for those with indoor allergies. Beautiful garden and view.
Dinner is available (for a price$17-19) but that’s good since it isn’t near a restaurant except for a taco soda about 20 min walk NE into Tuetal.
Full fledged Continental breakfast included cold cuts cheese fruit toast and hard boiled eggs. And coffee
- Beds were perfect, 10 minutes from San Jose airport, 25 minutes if heavy traffic. Perfectly relaxing for at the end of your trip before you need to fly out. Restaurants within 1.7 miles. Pizza delivery (was very good)!
- The hosts Sabrina and her mom were exceptional. Picked us up at the airport for $15 at midnight cause our flight was delayed by 3 hours. They made sure thst we were very comfortable. Made supper for us for a charge because we didn’t want to go back downtown and that supper was excellent. Left early the next morning and Sabrina packed a lunch for us to take. Couldn’t ask for better hosts.
- Karin and Sabrina are wonderful hosts! They provided me with breakfast at 5 AM due to an early flight and were super kind when I had to cancel my stay on the way back, when my domestic flight to San José got cancelled. Definitely would stay here again!
Hotel Chalet Tirol
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Hotel Chalet Tirol offers accommodations in Alto del Roble, just 10 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is concierge services at the property.Alajuela is 10 miles from Hotel Chalet Tirol, and Escazú is 11 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 9 miles away.
- Quaint place in a cool location surrounded by cypress trees. Good mountain getaway.
- Food was awesome and the restauarant service for dinner was perfect.
TIPICO BREAKFAST! The coffee! Forest Preserves! Lunch soups & salads.
The setting, brook, jungle, walking path. Housekeeper Wilma is a real champ, helping graciously with translating a document – as well as taking care of all other room needs.
- Excellent restaurant, live music and good service in the hotel
- Beautiful property, gardens, and buildings. Food was tasty.
Villa San Ignacio
One of our top picks in Alajuela.Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, Villa San Ignacio is located in Alajuela in the region of Alajuela, just 13 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hotel. The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 11 miles from Villa San Ignacio, and Heredia is 9 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 3.7 miles from Villa San Ignacio.
- Staff super nice helpfull and friendly. Beautiful park. Delicious food at the restaurant
Very friendly staff
Great location to start your vacation @ 20 min from the airport
Great food and breakfast
- The restaurant and bar area are really beautiful along with the grounds. Nice happy hour too. Pool is beautiful and inviting with comfortable lounge chairs. Bed and breakfast wonderful! Staff were friendly and quite available. Our bartender was fun and made a fabulous margarita!!
- Close to airport and good value for money! Breakfast is great
- Beautiful grounds, comfortable rooms, quaint atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff— it was the best way to wake up in our first day in Costa Rica
Top Hotels In Carrizal Alajuela Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Carrizal Alajuela to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Carrizal Alajuela but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Carrizal Alajuela. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!