10 Best Hotels To Stay In Carmel California – Top Hotel Reviews
Carmel California is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Carmel California. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Carmel California. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Carmel California. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Carmel California right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Carmel California with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Carmel California:
Carmel Bay View Inn
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a seasonal outdoor pool and sun terrace, Best Western Plus Carmel Bay View Inn is located in Carmel in the region of California.Each room is fitted with a TV with satellite channels. Certain rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monterey is 3.4 miles from BWestern Carmel Bay View, and Santa Cruz is 29 miles from the property. Mineta San Jose International Airport is 56 miles away.
- Great location, good sized comfortable room with working fireplace, distant view of the bay.
- Located close to the centre of Carmel. Good sized comfortable room. The bathroom was spacious and clean. An added bonus was a gas fire in the bedroom which made us feel very cosy on the cool evenings. The self service breakfast was excellent, plenty of selection and replenished regularly. There were hanging baskets and gardens surrounding the property which added to its visual appeal.
- Everything was good!!! Loved the location and the rooms and the breakfast was good! The only complaint that I would have is I got hot some and would have liked to have had a/c in the room. I have hot flashes and we had to open the door one evening to cool off.
- My room was recently remodeled! Everything was new and immaculate! The bed was comfortable and I loved the fireplace!
- The view to the ocean is fantastic and you are just a few steps away from all the action
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Tradewinds Carmel is located in Carmel, 3.2 miles from Monterey and 29 miles from Santa Cruz.A TVwith cable channels, as well as a CD player are provided. Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. Each room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find concierge services at the property.Big Sur is 21 miles from Tradewinds Carmel, and Marina is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 56 miles from Tradewinds Carmel.
- Some of the staff were very friendly but others were not.
- Close to main road and walking distance to beach and all restaurants. Great staff with best lunch and dinner suggestions
Lovely room with a very friendly pussy-cat called Sweety. Lots of great attention to detail and very comfy beds.
Awesome town for a quiet getaway.
- Breakfast is good and fresh . Very clean room and bed is like a cloud . The staff are friendly!
- Parking was very limited and was seating for breakfast. But had great nice touches and rooms were beautiful.
Candle Light Inn
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. In downtown Carmel, this inn features free Wi-Fi and offers an in-room breakfast basket and fresh baked cookies daily. Flat-screen cable TV with pay options is available in guest rooms.A small fridge and free toiletries are both provided in each guest room at Candle Light Inn. A work desk is also available. Some rooms feature a spa bathtub and fireplace.Carmel Beach is a 15 minute walk from the Inn Candle Light. Pebble Beach Golf Course and Point Lobos State Reserve are both a 10 minute drive away.
- The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I am very happy with our decision to stay at the CandleLight inn, and hope to stay there again!
- Loved the room, the fireplace and jetted tub were nice touches. The location was perfect, we walked everywhere.
- Liked the location. Staff was friendly and accommodating.
- On the outside, it looks like a motel. The rooms have been very nicely redone, and the firepit was a nice touch.
The hotel is charming and perfectly located, close to the Ocean avenue.
We liked the warm welcome, the cleanness of the room, the free parking (you can leave the car there, and visit Carmel by walk), the complimentary breakfast (a basket with pastry, milk, orange juice, yogurt, fresh fruits is left outside the room door in the morning)…
Best Western Carmel’s Town House Lodge
One of our top picks in Carmel.This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a seasonal outdoor pool, Best Western Carmel’s Town House Lodge offers accommodations in Carmel, just 3.4 miles from Monterey.Each room has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Santa Cruz is 29 miles from Carmel Town House Lodge, and Big Sur is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 56 miles from Best Western Carmel’s Town House Lodge.
- Size of suite, closed doors for bedroom which allows sitting area activity and person in bedroom to sleep, WiFi, location to Carmel restaurants, breakfast, parking which is prime for AT&T Pebble Beach Golf Event 2/2017 weekend, ability to walk to Pebble Beach Golf Course,housekeepers did great, coffee available in room which is great getting up at 5AM.
- The location is good. It’s in the downtown close to the beach and scenic spots.
- Room clean, breakfast great, staff friendly and attentive.
– great common area
– extra clean room
– spacious room
– very modern
– close to the center
- The staff was very accommodating. I loved we are able to park outside our room. It was extremely quiet and romantic. We were there to celebrate our honeymoon and this lodge and the town was everything we hoped it would be.
Carmel Green Lantern Inn
One of our top picks in Carmel.This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located in Carmel in the region of California, 3.7 miles from Monterey, Carmel Green Lantern Inn features a sun terrace and views of the garden.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Each room has a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Santa Cruz is 29 miles from Carmel Green Lantern Inn, and Big Sur is 21 miles from the property. Mineta San Jose International Airport is 56 miles away.
- This cute charming place was perfect for myself and my pet… it was close to the dog friendly beach and right in the village…. we walked everywhere. The staff was so nice and treats everyone like family. I will stay here every time I go to Carmel! 🙂
- bare bones/ old mattress that should have been retired
- Great close to town location and deliciousbfast, clean but sparten room/bath. Can hear other guests in same bldg. A bit pricey for a small room.
- everything – this place was just perfect and set in a perfect little town! fell in love with Carmel and this inn
- Small eating area. Could accommodate <30% of guests. Food ok
Hofsas House Hotel
One of our top picks in Carmel.Just a 5-minute walk from restaurants and shops in downtown Carmel, this boutique hotel features a heated outdoor pool and a continental breakfast with fresh pastries. Free Wi-Fi is included in all rooms.Cable TV provides in-room entertainment at Hofsas House Hotel. Free toiletries and a hairdryer are provided in each private bathroom. Select rooms feature a fireplace and a deck with an ocean view.Guests at Hofsas House Hotel Carmel can relax in the dry sauna after a day of exploring. Ocean views can be enjoyed from the shared fourth-floor patio. Free parking is available on site.A daily breakfast of seasonal fruit, French roast coffee and fresh pastries from a local bakery is available each morning. Breakfast can be enjoyed in the shared dining area or on the patio with ocean views.This charming hotel is 2 miles from Pebble Beach and a mile from the Carmel Mission. San Jose International Airport is 56 miles away.
I stayed here with my wife about twenty years ago.It still seems the same and I liked that.
Just wish it would have been warm enough to go swimming.
- Quaint, not cookie-cutter! Good location, although built on a hill which makes getting around difficult for someone with mobility issues. Very accessible to the village.
vary warm home hostel
free parking and breakfast
- Great location, a short walk away from the beach and all of downtown shops and restaurants. Clean, comfortable rooms. Friendly staff and cozy atmosphere.
- Great location. Short walk to the town and beach.
- I stayed here with my wife about twenty years ago.It still seems the same and I liked that.
One of our best sellers in Carmel! This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Carmel Lodge is located in Carmel, 3.4 miles from Monterey and 29 miles from Santa Cruz.A TV with cable channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Big Sur is 21 miles from Carmel Lodge, and Marina is 11 miles from the property. Mineta San Jose International Airport is 56 miles away.
- Great location in central Carmel. Very clean, well appointed rooms. ,friendly, accommodating staff.
- The room was huge, the service was great, the shower was insidiously addicting, the water was hot.
- The location is great! The room was clean and the breakfast included was decent.
- Very comfortable bed and wonderful sheets. Very good location. Very nice staff.
Very old Motel, built probably in the 40’s or 50’s, bathroom is dated. There is no A/C with baseboard heat.
Staff tries very hard to make up for inherent age issues.
Lobos Lodge is situated in Carmel, 2.2 miles from Point Lobos State Reserve. The property is located 1,000 feet from Carmel Plaza, 0.9 miles from Carmel Mission and a 5-minute walk from Carmel Beach Access. Each room is fitted with a balcony.Guest rooms in the hotel are equipped with a coffee machine.At Lobos Lodge every room is fitted with a desk and a private bathroom. All rooms feature a fireplace and a sitting area, along with a balcony or patio. Certain rooms come with a kitchenette with a microwave and a toaster.A continental breakfast is available each morning at the property, served in the room.Sunset Center is a 6-minute walk from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 55.9 miles from Lobos Lodge.
No reviews yet.
La Playa Carmel
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Just 5 miles from Monterey Bay Aquarium, this luxury Carmel hotel provides a complimentary champagne brunch each morning. Guests will enjoy the outdoor pool complete with lounge chairs. All spacious rooms include free Wi-Fi.A flat-screen TV with cable is featured in each amply furnished room at La Playa Carmel. A minibar and coffee-making facilities provide beverage options. Select rooms feature ocean views.Guests can enjoy a gourmet breakfast in the library lounge showcasing views of the Pacific Ocean. The menu includes fresh pastries, fruit and a variety of hot entrees. All-day dining is available.Carmel La Playa is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Monterey Airport is 5 miles away.
- Location view food staff pool hotel wine cookies milk shuttle
- Style of property, good location, excellent breakfast and friendly staff.
- we liked the courtyard it was well kept and clean. it was within a couple of blocks from the beach.
- Views of ocean, and proximity to the beach and restaurants, just gorgeous place!! $35 fee per couple, multiple wine tastings, sangria, cookies and milk and amazing breakfast.
- Fabulous historic hotel right in downtown Carmel! Staff was friendly, beds were comfortable and the made to order breakfast was fantastic! We will be back!
The Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites
One of our top picks in Carmel.Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites offers accommodations in Carmel, just 2.9 miles from Monterey.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is concierge services at the property.You can play tennis at this inn, and the area is popular for biking and hiking. Santa Cruz is 28 miles from The Vendange Carmel, and Big Sur is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 55 miles from The Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites.
- Very comfortable bed, nicely decorated rooms, very pleasant stuff and most of all nice selection of breakfast goodies, which is included . This was our about the 5th time we have stayed there.
- The bed was very uncomfortable due to a sag in the middle… And the shower pressure was the worst I’ve ever experienced beautiful looking bathroom lousy shower pressure
Front desk staff was great for suggestions
Tom did a super job in dinner suggestions
- i liked that it was small and personal for me and my spouse
- Upon arrival we had a very warm greeting. The room was very spacious. Large room we even had a couple seating areas to choose from. The king size bed was very comfy. Very quaint lovely grounds. Easy to get to downtown, Ocen Avenue is less than 5 min away.
Top Hotels In Carmel California Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Carmel California to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Carmel California but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Carmel California. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!