10 Best Hotels To Stay In Busturia Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Busturia Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Busturia Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Busturia Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Busturia Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Busturia Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Busturia Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Busturia Basque Country:
Hotel Ibaigune is set a traditional Basque-style building, overlooking the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve. This hotel is located 3.7 mi from Guernica and 2.5 mi from the Biscayan coast.The Hotel has 20 exterior-facing rooms with mountain views. Each room has a private bathroom with a bath and free toiletries.Hotel Ibaigune offers a shared lounge area next to the reception with WiFi zone. It is surrounded by gardens and offers free parking.Canoeing, horse riding, diving and surfing are popular in the surrounding countryside. Trains to Bilbao and Bermeo leave from San Cristobal – Busteria Station, 1,950 feet from the hotel.
The location is great and it is good value for money.
The parking is good and the wifi is stable and fast.
The staff was nice and helpful.
- Our room was quite big with an own bathroom. The breakfast was good and the 5€ price was reasonable. Free parking and location is peaceful enough, eventhough the hotel is located just next to the main road.
- The did not provide any coffee or food, but were helpful in lending us cutlery!
Lovely building and we had a suite which consisted of two adjoining rooms and an ensuite. 4 of us shared the room. It was spacious and adequate for our needs. There was a TV and settee. The property was set back but on a main road. It was quiet in the room and there was plenty of parking.
On arrival we were offered the option of breakfast the following morning at a cost of 5 euro each. We declined as we had already brought food with us.
The hotel provided plenty of towels and sachets of shampoo, shower gel and soap.
The hotel was about an hour from the ferry port to England.
- Comfortable and clean. Staff very nice and helpful
- The location is great and it is good value for money.
Hotel-Apartamento Rural Atxurra
One of our top picks in Bermeo – and a guest favorite.
Hotel-Apartamento Rural Atxurra has an ideal setting in the Urdaibai Natural Park, near the Basque coastal town of Bermeo. It has a terrace and a garden. The area around the hotel is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property and free public parking is available on site.The Atxurra Hotel has spacious rooms and apartments. They have a balcony, with views of the countryside. All rooms have underfloor heating and a flat-screen TV.There is a bar and restaurant, serving characteristic local food. There is also a children’s play area.Hotel-Apartamento Rural Atxurra is just 3.1 mi from Bermeo. There is good access to Bilbao, via the BI-631 road.
- Beautiful location and room! The staff was so very helpful with information about sights around the property. Our stay was perfect!!
The location is very rural but we were given excellent directions so this was not a problem. The hotel has a definite ‘WOW’ factor, the bedroom was large, all the facilities were excellent and there was an excellent choice for breakfast. We also took advantage of the set price meal in the restaurant for two nights which was excellent value.
The member of staff who checked us in gave us really excellent information for our short stay so we were able to make the most of sampling this beautiful part of Spain.
- Management staff was very accommodating and also conversed in English.
- The food was amazing. And it was a VERY relaxing experience. I highly recommend this wonderful place and hotel.
- Great room quiet. Good information from the excellent staff about things to see it do around the area. A fabulous market on Mondays in Guernika.
Hotel El Puerto
El Puerto Hotel is located in the center of the pretty Basque port of Mundaka. A restored fisherman’s house, it offers free Wi-Fi and a terrace bar with harbor views.All of the rooms in El Puerto have satellite TV, heating and private bathrooms with hairdryer. Some rooms have views of the estuary.The Hotel El Puerto has a 24-hour front desk, and offers luggage storage. Staff will also be happy to offer advice on local sights.The town of Mundaka is popular with surfers, and is also ideal for fishing and diving. Bilbao is about 22 mi away.
- A beautiful hotel near the port . It was lovely to enjoy some delicious food and drinks in the hotel restaurant, which has amazing views to the ocean.
- Fab location and wonderful staff. The property is impeccable in every way. Breakfast is very memorable.
- Great location and comfortable room. I liked room design and colors. The hotel building was a fisherman house long ago. Also the breakfast was good.
- All the people were very welcoming and hospitable. We and our very large (but well behaved) dog were treated very well. The bread at the restaurant was the best I’ve had in Spain.
- Small but cozy rooms, very well located, great heating, fantastic bathrooms and showers and very confortable beds. It is all renewed and in front of the decks with all the beautiful ships and in front of the church and main square of the city. For surfers: you get out of the hotel with the board and in 2 minutes you will be walking down the stairs and jump in the water to surf the well-known Mundaka’s wave. The hotel has a nice bar with pintxos and good food (pasta, seafood, etc…) so you can sleep, eat, surf and relax at the same place for a very cheap price! ).
Hotel Atalaya is centrally located next to Santa Maria Church and 650 feet from Mundaka’s Marina and the Bus Station. The hotel offers a sauna, free Wi-Fi and free parking.Heated rooms offer views of the garden, sea and mountains. There is a flat-screen satellite TV, mini-bar and desk. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries.You can have breakfast on the terrace of the hotel’s café-bar. There are restaurants just opposite which offer characteristic regional cuisine.A laundry service is available and luggage storage is offered. There is a tour desk and concierge service. Guernica is 7.5 mi away.
- Location, the view from the room and the receptionist.
- The staff were very friendly. The rooms very spacious and clean
Very nicely and tastefully furnished room, beautiful old building with style, lots of space, nice big bathroom with window (at least in room 25).
My bike could be parked in the hallway.
- Location. Staff. Room. Facilities. View. Food. Secure parking. Just the best. Value for money. Why would you stay anywhere else in Mundaka. Star rating should be higher.
- Good shower. Excellent breakfast. The staff were very helpful with our bikes.
This hotel is located in the Basque town of Guernica. It has a 24-hour reception desk, a business center and free onsite parking. Free WiFi is available throughout.Hotel Gernika’s air-conditioned rooms feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Gernika Hotel serves a daily buffet breakfast for an extra cost. Guests can also get tourist information of the area onsite and there is luggage storage and a laundry services.There is a bus stop with busses to Bilbao opposite the hotel and Hotel Gernika is a 10-minute walk to Gernika Railway Station. Bilbao Airport is 19 mi away.
- I loved the place, very friendly staff, perfect attitute, very nice hotel
- We stayed here for 2 nights and it’s within walking distance to downtown Gernika. We rented a car and parking is awful in town so walking is best. They allowed us to keep our car in their parking lot even on the day we checked out until we were ready to leave. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room and bathroom was clean, large and the bed was comfortable.
- Wonderful staff who went above and beyond to assist us with lost luggage (Camino walking). They were so kind to us and persistent with the luggage service. Cannot thank them enough. Will definitely stay here again.
- I am walking the Camino and the hotel is right on the route! Spacious comfortable room with a comfy bed and super bathtub! Bonus!
- Great staff and a comfortable, well-equipped room. The bath tub was perfect for a long soak after a long day on the Camino de Santiago Norte. Convenient to restaurants and the Camino.
Hotel Txaraka is located 10 minutes’ walk from the center of Bermeo, in the Urdabai Nature Reserve. Rustic rooms feature wooden floors and flat-screen TVs. Some have a furnished terrace.Each room is heated and has a work desk and mini-bar. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and bath tub. Superior rooms also feature a seating area.Free on-site parking is available and the BI631 Main Road is easily accessible. The hotel is a 15-minute drive from the picturesque San Juan de Gaztelugatxe Hermitage.
- Hotel Txaraka is an excellent place to stay a few days if you want to discover the beauties of the Northern coast of Bizkaia, with the Gaztelugatxe peninsula, the Urdaibai biosphere reserve, the martyr city of Gernika, the local train to Bilbao, and last but not least the active fishing port of Bermeo. An excellent breakfast is served by the friendly owners and the hotel has all the facilities you need.
- Very personal service, friendly and helpful. Beautiful rural location and yet only a short walk from the town.
- Lovely entry salon on each floor with doors opening off to individual rooms. Nice balcony with views of the city. Very friendly staff member who had a good grasp of English and was very attentive. Lovely breakfast area.
- Comfortable, clean and airy room with space for luggage and clothes. .
- Everything was basic but very clean. Bathroom needs a little talc but adequate. A bit dated outside.
Hotel Restaurante Arimune
One of our top picks in Bakio.Set on the beachfront in Bakio, with a terrace overlooking the sea, Pensión Restaurante Arimune offers an on-site restaurant and bar. This small hotel features rustic-style rooms with free WiFi.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV, wardrobe and garden views. The private bathroom includes a bath.International dishes are served in the Arimune’s restaurant, featuring sea views. There is a cozy shared lounge area with a reading area and TV. The hotel also has a second outdoor terrace with mountain views.Bilbao is 17 mi from the property and Guernica is 16 mi away.
- The beds were super comfy, and surrounded by a conopy. The hotel definitely has some history. And the breakfast in the morning is delicious.
- Good value very clean and right on the beach .. good breakfast too
- Staff were super friendly and eager to please! Great little hotel.
- Included in our room rate was a complementary breakfast buffet that was superb; so many tempting items that we could hardly stop eating.
- Older style hotel but clean and in fantastic location right on the beach.
This charming 18th century house is located in the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve, just outside Guernica. The simple rooms feature exposed stone walls and enjoy views of the beautiful surrounding landscape.Hotel Urune has been carefully restored and maintains traditional features alongside modern design. The lounge area includes contemporary furniture and a fireplace.Guests can listen to the radio in their bedrooms.Set within gardens, the Urune offers a furnished terrace with stunning views of the reserve. Hiking is popular in the area and the tour desk can recommend interesting routes.
- Location is fantastic. Know it is not in a town in any way, but is not far away, the Rural setting is great, and the space and common areas make good use of it.
Very friendly staff. Very nice location with nice view.
Very good breakfest.
Very quiet place
Old and modern decor together make this place very exciting
- The staff was extremly helpful, the atmosphere was very good, the house/building is very nice, I just liked it very much and I am going to visit this hotel now again in October 🙂
- The hotel is beautiful in the most amazing setting. The staff were great and loved how relaxing it was
- Very Beautiful hotel with great view, very nice stuff.
Hotel Katxi is set in the Busturialdea-Urdaibai wetlands, a Biosphere Reserve. Each room has unique design and includes free Wi-Fi access, air conditioning and a mini-bar.This rural hotel is in the quiet village of Morga. It offers free public parking on site. The hotel’s tour desk can provide information about the local area.The Bizkaia Coast is within a short drive. The historic Basque city of Guernica is less than 7.5 mi from Hotel Katxi, and Bilbao is 14 mi away.Katxi’s restaurant has more than 100 years of history. It serves a wide range of traditional dishes with modern touches.
- We have stayed in 17 hotels during our Camino. All of them were great and good value for price. So I put the marks comparing all this 17 hotels on our way. The main differences are in breakfast, room design and old of the room. This hotel is one of the best from 17, but also it is little more expensive.
- Spotlessly clean, all the comforts, great ambiance, with a charming and very gracious host. Silent at night – hidden away in a small village, with a good restaurant adjacent to the inn.
- Beautiful place in the mountain. Very good service from the hostess.
- Stayed two nights in this small private hotel. Room 5 was large & quiet room on first floor. Easy to find and provided several free parking places. Lovely Miriam made us feel welcomed on arrival and provided assistance for our drive into Bilbao. Small TV had poor reception but provided one english channel. Modern bathroom with lots of toiletries.
- Very quiet location in a small village, ideal for hiking. Large room, very comfortable. Perfect hostess.
Castillo de Arteaga
This impressive castle is located in Gautegiz Arteaga, in the Basque Country’s Urdaibai Nature Reserve. It offers a gourmet restaurant with a roof terrace boasting fantastic countryside views.Originally built in the 13th century, Castillo de Arteaga was restored in the 19th century in the Neogothic style. The charming, air-conditioned rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers.The hotel’s restaurant offers quality Basque cuisine. There is also an extensive wine cellar, where you can enjoy tasting sessions.The countryside around the Castillo de Arteaga is great for hiking, and you can drive to the coast in around 10 minutes. Guernica, the inspiration for Picasso’s famous painting, is also 10 minutes away. You can drive to Bilbao in 35 minutes.
- Wonderful castle with an excellent staff. Feel like royalty for one night.
- Beautiful room and exceptional service. The hotel grounds are stunning.
- Beautiful room and impressive property. Dinner at restaurant was excellent – particularly the sirloin for two. Truly a dine and stay destination.
- This is an amazing hotel with an incredible view, wonderful amenities and the hotel staff made us feel like royals!
- We were treated like we owned the castle! Great staff, superb service in the restaurant, a private tour of the wine cellar-we LOVED it!
Top Hotels In Busturia Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Busturia Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Busturia Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Busturia Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!