10 Best Hotels To Stay In Borrenes Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
Borrenes Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Borrenes Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Borrenes Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Borrenes Castile and Leon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Borrenes Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Borrenes Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Borrenes Castile And Leon:
Cornatel Médulas is located 10 minutes’ drive from Las Médulas, a former Roman gold mine and current UNESCO World Heritage Site. It offers free bicycle rental and ecological farmland.The rooms at the Cornatel-Médulas feature wooden floors and modern décor. Each one has a private bathroom and heating generated by biomass.The hotel has a large lounge with a fireplace and library. There is also a table tennis table and a barbecue in the garden.Cornatel Castle is 1.9 mi from the hotel. Ponferrada is 25 minutes’ drive away.This accommodations is located in the Santiago de Compostela Pilgrimage Path.
- A lovely hotel in a very interesting spot. The rooms were very nice, beds comfortable and good bathrooms. A nice outlook over the balcony to the square. The owners were very nice and despite our lack of Spanish and theirs of English we managed fine. A great meal was provided across the square in their bar. Perfect and so fresh. A great experience and handy to Las Médulas.
- Clean, comfortable room in a beautiful natural environment. Friendliness and helpfulness of the hosts, both preparing a dinner on the moment or guiding in exploring the area. Thanks!
- A lovely rural house with very stylish bathrooms, which look brandnew. The hosts were absolutely charming- we were asked which food they should prepare for us and made delicious meals. A wonderful view from the rooms and a great opportunity to see Las Medulas a take a walk in the mountains- wild origano and lavender as far as you can see. The hotel was a most welcome and peaceful oasis beside the Camino!!!!
- Wonderful reception of the super friendly and helpful hosts, after our first Camino day. Very cute and clean room, sufficient space and a balcony providing you with a view of the peaceful Borrenes and mountains (room at front of hotel). The lovely restaurant of the owners is upstairs of the bar across the street from the hostal, they serve very nice comida casera with a smile!
- The accomodation was incredible. The owners – Marisol and Saturno were excelent hosts, we felt like at home. They gave us many tips and Saturno prepared for us excelent dinner. Very good place for the trip to Las Medulas.
O Palleiro do Pe do Forno
Offering rustic rooms overlooking El Bierzo Valley, this charming hotel is set in the village of Orellán, 1.9 mi from Las Médulas. It has a restaurant serving local food of the area as well as cuisine inspired by ancient Roman recipes.Each bright room at O Palleiro do Pe do Forno has heating, free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom. Rooms open onto an exterior hallway, which overlooks the valley.The restaurant offers lovely views of Las Médulas’ striking mountains.The historic site of Las Médulas includes former goldmines and has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Ponferrada is a 30-minute drive from the Palleiro do Forno. León is 81 mi away.
- This is the best hotel we have ever stayed, in relationship to quality of service, personality, amazing quality of food, location, value for the money, comfort of the room. Above all, the host Isabel is the best ever we have ever encountered in any place, in any country in the world.
- LOVED the hostess owner who was kind and helpful. LOVED the location and pricing.
- Isabel was a wonderful hostess. Loved her property
- Very good location, excellent rooms and tasty home cooked food. Thank Isabel for great service at the restaurant, reasonable prices, huge bowl of coffee in the morning.
- Great service at the restaurant, reasonable prices, huge bowl of coffee in the morning), heater in the room, very close to the mirador.
Hotel Rural Pescadores
Hotel Rural Pescadores is offering accommodations in Sobrado. Featuring a 24-hour front desk, this property also provides guests with a terrace. Both free WiFi and private parking are available at this property.At the hotel, each room has a closet, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Breakfast is available daily, and includes continental and buffet options.Ponferrada is 17 miles from Hotel Rural Pescadores, while Villafranca del Bierzo is 12 miles away.
- What a surprise this place was! Lost in the mountains of Leon, it is a very confortable little bed and breakfast (it also has a restaurant a couple of streets down, next to the river), with lovely rooms (ours had a great balcony facing the mountains), a very confortable bed and great water pressure in the shower. Spotless clean! There is a large common room with windows all around, games, TV and a fireplace, with confortable couches which invite you to play one of the several board games they have. There is also a bar and a pool table. Finally, the breakfast was quite complete and included many gluten-free products.
- I loved the designer rooms and bathrooms—beautiful!
- Very good accomodation and all finished to a very high standard, towels and toiletries provided were excellent and my room was lovely. I was in the top room (sort of converted attic) and it was very comfortable and complete with air con. It’s worth saying that due to the heat and then the change in temperature overnight the wooden beams in the ceiling creaked wasn’t a problem for me but worth being aware of. Breakfast was good as well. The village is small and there is just one bar, owned by the hotel owners and it was nice and friendly and quite charming. All in all a good stop and high quality as well.
- Great room with stone walls, clean, friendly staff and excellent breakfast. I also appreciated their restaurant with tasty food (not expensive). It is something different, new experience.
- Very good breakfast and restaurant nearby the hotel
This pleasant hotel is located in the heart of the historic site of Las Médulas includes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It features a garden, terrace, free Wi-Fi and spectacular mountain views.Rooms at Hotel Medulio are heated and all include a terrace with fantastic views of the surrounding landscape. All feature a TV, telephone and a private bathroom with hairdryer.Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served and the hotel’s restaurant serves traditional, regional cuisine. Drinks and meals can be enjoyed on the hotel’s charming terrace or in the cafeteria.You can visit the former goldmines at Las Médulas, and the Medulio organizes trips and excursion. For stays of 2 nights or more, guests receive a free guided tour of Las Médulas. Hiking, cycling and canoeing are all popular nearby.The hotel offers free parking and is 35 minutes’ drive from Ponteferrada. León is 78 mi away.
- BIg room, big double bed, great location to visit Las Medulas, extremely clean
- Quarto bem dimensionado. Cama espaçosa e muito confortável. A vista era formidável. O pessoal muito atencioso.
- El trato de los trabajadores hacia los clientes han sido muy atentos
- Muy buena ubicación, tranquilo, limpio y el personal fantástico
- La comida excelente y el trato recibido magnífico. Unas personas encantadoras y muy atentas. La pena es que solo pude estar 2 días porque me encontraba como en mi propia casa. Si mi salud me lo permite es seguro que volveré.
Hostal La Torre II
Offering a children’s playground and terrace, Hotel Rural La Torre II is located in Puente de Domingo Flórez. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Ponferrada is 15 mi from Hotel Rural La Torre II, while Puebla de Sanabria is 27 mi from the property.
- Quiet. Close to Las Medulas (because we read about this place here in the reviews, we visited ot the next day). Loads of tresures in bathroom. We also got a extra gift when we left.
Cena muy buena y encima económica.
…que.mas queremos ?
El trato excelente
tienes precio especiaal por estar alojado
y la comida en el restaurante muy bien de precio y bastante cantidad así como frescura en los alimentos, tienen su propio huerto
- Bien ubicado,las habitaciones amplias muy limpio todo,y rl personal muy amables
- Muy buena relación calidad-precio y atención del personal. La ubicación y el entorno. Zumo natural en el desayuno. Buen café.
Located next to the Temple Park in central Ponferrada, this hotel features a medieval-themed design. It offers free Wi-Fi and has a restaurant.The air-conditioned rooms in the Temple Ponferrada all have a TV, mini-bar and telephone. The private bathroom includes a hairdryer.The interiors of the Ponferrada Temple feature stone walls, arches, suits of armor and wallpaintings.The Comendadores restaurant offers characteristic dishes from the Bierzo region. There is also a café open all day.Ponferrada’s Railway Museum is just 650 feet from the hotel, while the A-6 motorway is just 1.2 mi away. The hotel is just 1,150 feet from the railway station and 0.6 mi from the bus station.
- Easy to find location; walk ability to center of town and sights.
- Central to new town centre, average hotel, design a little dated. Clean and comfortable. Street parking around the hotel, discount petrol station behind hotel. It is driving distance to the old town where to templers fort is.
- We loved that compared to the high price breakfast we were offered in Madrid, this place for less then half price had a buffet breakfast with eggs, and meat, various choices, bacon, etc. Doing the Camino you want a good breakfast … This was the best!
- Very close to train station which is what we needed. Also close to everything including shopping mall.
- The hotel is kind a travel to middle age times, all inspired in the temple times, castles and knights. Besides, the staff is absolutely fantastic.
This hotel is located in Corrullón, 1.2 mi from Villafranca del Bierzo, and a 30-minute drive from Ponferrada. There is free on-site parking, and all air-conditioned rooms have free Wi-Fi.The Villa Mencia is set in a garden. There is also a reading room and terrace, where guests can relax.The Mencia Hotel restaurant specializes in regional homemade dishes. There is a café-bar, and room service is available.There is a children’s play area and the hotel has a 24-hour front desk. There is also a tour desk and you can hire bicycles to explore the surrounding countryside.
The staff, the food and the room were all excellent. I was walking the Camino and was in Villafranca and did not want to walk all the way to Corullón. They arranged for “Pedro” to pick me up for a very reasonable price.
In the morning, he took me back to Villafranca to rejoin the Camino!
I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay and appreciated the wonderful, welcoming staff. I hope to return and next time bring my wife. It would be wonderful to share it with her.
- Beautiful location and room with balcony. Good restaurant avoiding need to drive out.
- Lovely rural hotel. Very friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed the balcony to gaze at the expansive view. Good food and local wine.
- Lovely hotel & staff really nice. Enjoyed the dinner there as well.
Cozy little place. Comfortable beads, free parking, great breakfast.
They only speak Spanish but that was no problem.
- The staff, the food and the room were all excellent. I was walking the Camino and was in Villafranca and did not want to walk all the way to Corullón. They arranged for “Pedro” to pick me up for a very reasonable price.
Restaurante – Hotel La Tronera
Easily accessible from the A6 Motorway, Hotel Rural La Tronera is located in Villadepalos, in the Bierzo area of Castilla y León. It offers a hot tub and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.The rooms at Hotel Rural La Tronera feature wooden floors. Each one has a flat-screen TV and private bathroom, many of which come with a hydromassage bath.The hotel offers a home-made breakfast, made from fresh, local products. For lunch and dinner, the restaurant serves traditional Castilian food in the rustic dining room. A different tasting menu is available every season and there is a barbecue in the garden in summer.Hotel Rural La Tronera is 30 minutes’ drive from Las Médulas, a Roman gold mine and UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can drive to Ponferrada in around 20 minutes.
- El establecimiento es muy tranquilo. Recibes una atención muy cercana lo que hace muy agradable la estancia. Un lugar para volver.
- L’accueil ++++++ de Theresa , la cuisine originale et inventive de Miguel, le professionnalisme de Fanny. Hôtel original et confortable en milieu rural avec un restaurant detrès grande qualité
A pesar de ser hotel, te sientes como en casa.
La calidad del desayuno espectacular!!
Los dueños, encantadores.
- La mezcla perfecta entre lo tradicional y vanguardia, lugar tranquilo en plena naturaleza las habitaciones confortables, el trato y su cocina extraordinarios todo un descubrimiento hemos aprendido mucho sobre el Bierzo y sus lugareños en La Tronera.
1.- La habitación era grande y estaba bien decorada.
2.- Los desayunos estupendos.. por 5.50 € se desayuna muy bien. Buena relación calidad-precio. El comedor/jardín donde se sirven los desayunos es un lugar muy agradable.
Hotel El Castillo
Only 150 feet from Templarios Castle in Ponferrada, hotel El Castillo offers free Wi-Fi in a perfect setting. It is just by the Camino de Santiago.The Hotel El Castillo is just a short walk to the ancient center of Ponferrada. This city is capital of the El Bierzo region.Authentic El Bierzo wine is available. This beautiful region offers a range of walking and cycling routes.The hotel restaurant serves delicious local cuisine and a continental breakfast. Special dishes include pork, mushrooms, chestnuts and characteristic soups.Rooms at the Castillo are spacious and soundproofed.
- It is our secobd time at El Castillo, started Camino from Ponferrada last year and this year stopped in Ponferrada, coming from Léon.Will stay there again in future.
- The location was perfect: very close to the Castle of the Knights Templar and several places to eat. Staff helpful: arranged taxi to Vodafone office. Onsite easy to use parking. Did not eat at restaurant but light dinner and breakfast in cafeteria fine: pleasant service. Elevator. Have stayed here before.
- Location was great, right across from the Templar castle.
- The restaurant has excellent food and the service was very good. It’s close to the castle and close to the El Camino path.
- Location s fantastic. Literally across the street from Templar castle and a block away from city center
Hotel Aroi Ponferrada
The Aroi Ponferrada Hotel is close to Ponferrada’s main shopping area and within walking distance of the Templar Castle and the Museo Bierzo. It has free Wi-Fi and complimentary minibars.The modern rooms all have flat-screen TVs, telephone and air-conditioning. Children up to 12 years can stay for free when using existing beds.Aroi Ponferrada has a quiet reading area in the lobby where you can find newspapers.The hotel offers a buffet breakfast. There is a cafe offering drinks and snacks throughout the day.Ponferrada is the final city on the Camino de Santiago before you reach Galicia. The hotel is located just off the Avenida de España, the business center of the city. Public parking can be found nearby.
- It was clean and a good place for us to stay before walking the Camino Francés. We started in Ponferrada. Restaurants we’re close by. They contacted me when we had a miscommunication with my final payment. They were kind and understanding!
- Staff very helpful, clean comfortable room near the train station
- Nice hotel with very modern and clean room. Room was not large, but was quite comfortable. Very quiet — no street noise. Close to train.
- Beds were white sheeted, large and comfortable. Lots of pillows. Felt clean and fresh.
- Excellent location for taking train. Good breakfast. Treasure is the La Bodeguilla restaurant behind it.
Top Hotels In Borrenes Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Borrenes Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Borrenes Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Borrenes Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!