10 Best Hotels To Stay In Borleña Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Borleña Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Borleña Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Borleña Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Borleña Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Borleña Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Borleña Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Borleña Cantabria:
Hotel De Borleña
Featuring a garden, Hotel De Borleña is located in a peaceful green area of Borleña. The hotel is set in a rustic stone building. Free Wi-Fi access and parking are available.The classically designed rooms feature comfortable furnishings and a flat-screen TV. The private bathrooms come with a bath and hairdryer.Hotel De Borleña has a bar and restaurant serving local cuisine. Laundry service is available. Torrelavega is 12 mi away. The historic town Santillana del Mar is a 30-minute drive from Hotel De Borleña.Bilbao Airport is 78 mi away.
- Good for a stopover, staff friendly, restaurant in front offers good food although a bit pricey.
- Javier (the owners son) speaks English and could not do enough for us, a very pleasant man. Lovely evening meal.
The bed was super comfortable,
The breakfast and the staff were
Super Nice and the host was a very friendly man. (Javier)
- Well maintained, everything worked. Liked the decor, and the location for the riverside walk before we set off the next day. Its a quiet road, about 30 miles from Santander where we caught the ferry the next day. Its also close to a very enjoyable cycle route. We saw three red kites flying nearby, and visited a neolithic cave and its paintings ( 40,000 years old ) in a nearby village.
- Good location next to the N623 but quiet in the evening even with the bedroom window open. The owner (3rd generation in the family) looked after us royally. We were five motorcyclists arriving a bit late in the wet. The chef (owners mum) cooked all our meals especially for us. The wine was a good price and excellent quality. The hotel has a lovely veg garden as well
B&B El Jardín de Aes
B&B El Jardín de Aes is a renovated 18th-century colonial house, located 1,650 feet from Cantabria’s Puente Viesgo. Set in gardens, it features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.The rustic rooms are heated and feature a TV and wooden floors. Some have wooden beams and a seating area. The private bathroom comes with a shower.Breakfast is available at B&B El Jardín de Aes. There is an outdoor terrace and guests can also relax in the library.Puente Viesgo is known for its cave paintings and thermal spa, as well as many hiking trails. Santillana del Mar and Suances Beach are within a 30-minute drive. Santander Airport is 22 mi away.
- Relaxing environment. Scenic views. Great pictures. Awsome service.
- Loved the rooms views. Shower was very good. Lovely people who came and found us when we couldn’t find the place.
- The lady was very sweet but neither she or her husband could speak English . The house is beautiful and the views from the balcony are wonderful . There’s a restaurant along the road which is good . Good for a stop over from Santander.
- The B&B was located in an attractive rural and mountainous area on a main road and represented very good value for money. There was parking space and the large house had very interesting decor and architecture. The breakfast was good.
- The owner was very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much for her.
Villa Arce Hotel
Villa Arce Hotel offers a shared garden, a terrace and free WiFi throughout in Puente Viesgo. Suances Beach is 30 minutes’ drive away and Santander is 25 mi away.All the modern rooms at this property come with a terrace, TV and mini-bar. Their private bathrooms include a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some include a sofa and a spa bath. There is a shared library and TV area for guests to make use of.The hotel has a tour desk where you can arrange outdoor activities such as hiking, canoeing, cycling and fishing, or get tourist information of the area.Parque Natural Dunas de Liencres Nature Reserve is 17 mi from Villa Arce Hotel and a 30-minute drive will take you to Santander Airport.
- A bit hard to find, off the road in an unlikely rural neighborhood. Lovely building with a rustic view of fields and farms. No English spoken at all, nor the humor to make a stab at communication… comfortable but not welcoming.
- Charming hotel in lovely countryside. Very friendly staff. Superb breakfast.
- We arrived late due to the ferry, the lady then went out of her way to prepare us a meal. Good bed and toilet facilities. Breakfast was very nice and I must admit the staff were top notch. The views were superb and has a sitting room, balcony where you can relax.
- Very smart and modern design new hotel in the countryside with very pleasant people looking after us.
- Lovely rural location, very clean and comfortable. A 40 minutes walk to Puente Viesgo.
El Rincón de Doña Urraca
Set in extensive gardens, this charming rustic hotel is located in the village of Cotillo, in Cantabria’s Anievas Valley. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking and a 24-hour reception.Heated rooms at Hotel-Posada El Rincón de Doña Urraca feature wooden floors and mountain view. Each has a TV and private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries. Some have a balcony and hydro-massage shower.Breakfast is available in the hotel’s country-style restaurant. There is also a bar and a lounge with a fireplace.Luggage storage is offered and the Rincón de Doña Urraca has a tour desk. The A67 motorway is a 10-minute drive away and Santander Airport is 31 mi away.
- We booked two nights but we stayed three nights at this charming little hotell. I hope to come back in the future, love it. If you want to relax from everything go here. We spent two weeks in Cantabria/Asturia and the best food we was served here.
- Gorgeous location in pretty hamlet, beautiful views from balcony, magnificent property, warm welcome, excellent food (evening meal and breakfast). Highly recommended.
I Spend 14 days with them. In every aspect was great. Every detail is very important for them. Attention can not be better is just a great experience.
A great concept done by a hard working couple.
Congratulations, see you soon.
- Absolutely everything, can’t tell how much we were charmed by this property and its owner it’s perfect in every way, I really can’t think of anything to fault. The location was beautiful hamlet, the property was beautifully restored with very tasteful interior design , attention to detail was shown everywhere. The service provided by Alfredo was 6star very professional a lovely quiet gentleman who seemed to be able to cater for everything you needed before you knew you needed it. Yolanda provided some excellent food not only was the presentation top notch it tasted amazing too! Fantastic value for money for the quality you receive.
Very nice conversion on an old farm, with some interesting features.
Great place if you want to get away from it all.
Nice quiet surroundings -very peaceful.
A warm welcome from the host
Gran Hotel Balneario De Puente Viesgo
Gran Hotel Puente Balneario Viesgo features a luxury spa, fitness center and free parking. It is set in attractive gardens by Cantabria’s River Pas and is 17 mi from Santander.All rooms at the Gran Hotel Puente Viesgo have free WiFi. Each includes cable TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom. Most rooms have air conditioning.The hotel spa offers a range of hydrotherapy treatments, a massage service and flotation pool. It also has a hydro-massage pool, hot tubs and saunas.The Balneario Viesgo is surrounded by hills and forests. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Caves of Monte Castillo is 5 minutes’ drive away and the Cabárceno Natural Park is just 9.3 mi away.The hotel has good access to major roads. These include the E70 and A67 motorways. The hotel has an airport transfer service, available on request.
- The location in a beutifull village is amazing. visited during November and the wether was great
bedrooms are small but confortable ,
the restaurant is nice and calm
this is a place to rest
- the location is stunning. The complex was very relaxed and the staff attentive and friendly. The food was good. It’s a great place to go for two or three days to unwind, enjoy the spar and Pool
- Beautiful bedroom in the other building. Quiet and very comfortable. Excellent Spa treatments but a bit pricey. Ideal location for the local caves and famous villages. Staff on reception spoke some English. They were all very helpful, professional and cheerful. Very popular with Spanish retired folk.
- This is a really lovely hotel in a beautiful location. We chose it initially as it was the closest to two caves which we wanted to visit. The caves contain some of the world’s oldest cave art and are only a 10 minute drive from the hotel. This hotel is out in the countryside in a small village but is within very easy striking distance of Santander. Would make a great stop off point for those taking the ferry to/from the UK. The hotel had a variety of spa facilities but we didn’t partake of any of those.
Hotel La Terraza De Puente Viesgo
This small, attractive hotel is over 100 years old and located in the picturesque Cantabrian village, Puente de Viesgo is famous for its prehistoric caves and stunning countryside surroundings.Hotel La Terraza de Puente Viesgo is located right in the heart of the region, where you can find some superb unspoiled beaches not over-crowded like many other areas of Spain, as well as the spectacular Picos de Europa mountain range, great for hiking, climbing and various other outdoor pursuits. There are also many interesting medieval villages, monuments, architectural and well-preserved prehistoric cave.
- Lots of new furnishings and fixtures give this older property a new and fashionable feeling. Light colored wood trim and furniture make it seem light-filled and airy inside. Our room was well-planned and stylish with a skylight that opened nicely. There was a sitting room just outside our room which added a feeling of spaciousness. Breakfast is included and was delicious and the set-price evening meal was offered to hotel occupants at a discount.
- Room size, bed comfort and quality, & cleanliness better than in many 4-star hotels. (I stayed in a room with window facing to the back garden, not the main road)
- Friendly staff. Nice food on site. Nearby carpark. Smallish town with a lot of character.
- We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions, every aspect of our stay on all occasions has been excellent. The only suggestion I would have, is that it would be helpful to have the menus in English on days that English guests are staying.
- considering it was booked on line it was very pleasing. pleasant staff good value for money public parking not so good.
Hotel La Alfonsina
Hotel La Alfonsina is set in Santibáñez de Villacarriedo, 15 mi from Santander. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Hotel La Alfonsina features free WiFi throughout the property.Hotel La Alfonsina offers buffet breakfast prepared with characteristic local products. There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge, a tour desk and shops at the property. Guided tours are also offered.Santillana del Mar is 17 mi from Hotel La Alfonsina, while Suances is 16 mi away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 12 mi from Hotel La Alfonsina.
- All is new, clean, comfortable and accurately furnished/decorated. Divine breakfast and owners very warm.
- Room was spacious clean modern, nice decor, staff good breakfast good, good atmosphere, easy parking however not totally secure but off road. Easy to find. Would recommend to people, owners seem to have put thought into what they are achieving.
- Hotel is located at country side there’s beautiful landscapes from your window. Rooms are clean and cozy. Owner and the staff is super friendly. Breakfast is good and we arrived late night the owner took us to his restaurant for late dinner. Area is really different and beautiful from southern Spain. Nothing to complain ?
Very helpful, friendly and nice staff.
Beautiful rooms – lovely use of wood and stone.
- Great location, super -friendly staff, and one of the best buffet breakfasts we’ve ever had (we were the only guests that night, and they still put the whole buffet for us). The rooms are stylish and newly renovated. The whole experience was superb.
Palacio de Trasvilla
Palacio De Trasvilla is in Escobedo De Villafufre, in the Cantabrian countryside, a 30-minute drive from Santander Airport. It features an outdoor pool, and offers free parking and free Wi-Fi.The hotel is a converted 18th-century noble house, decorated in traditional, elegant style. You will find wooden beams and stone walls throughout.All heated rooms at the Trasvilla have a flat-screen TV, wooden floors and countryside views. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers.The Palacio has a café-bar, and there is a lounge where you can relax in front of the fireplace.The hotel is surrounded by nature. You may see foxes or badgers. There are vultures and falcons in the area too.
This is a wonderful place to spend a few days.
The attention to detail in all aspects is excellent and Alfredo was very welcoming and helpful.
- Unique welcoming spotless and very comfy good continental breakfast
- A really unique place, fantastic history and wonderful ambiance. Highly recommend.
- The building is very attractive, the bedroom suite was luxurious. The three public rooms were fascinating. You could be in a museum. If you want somewhere that is very quiet and are happy to eat out every night this might suit you.
- Wonderful place and Alfredo is a great host. Would go back tomorrow.
- This is a wonderful place to spend a few days.
Hotel Balneario De Alceda
Hotel Balneario Parque De Alceda is located in Alceda, just 26 mi from Santander. It features outdoor thermal pools, a gym and rooms with under-floor heating.The Parque de Alceda Hotel rooms are spacious and have a TV and phone. There is a hairdryer in the bathrooms.The hotel’s thermal spa offers various treatments based on the therapeutic qualities of the naturally warm water from the Alceda Spring. Massage and beauty treatments are also available.The Parque de Alceda has a café-bar where guests can enjoy tapas and home-made cakes and pastries. The hotel’s à la carte restaurant specializes in local dishes.Hotel Balneario Parque De Alceda is 1,000 feet from the local bus station, where there are daily connections to Santander, Burgos and Madrid. There is also free parking outside the hotel.
- The grounds around at the hotel are pleasent but even outside a smell of sewerage is present.
- La comida muy buena. Con ese toque casero que encanta
- Desayuno excelente. Buena relación calidad precio.
- Las aguas del balneario son lo único que valoro en positivo
- La ubicación es magnífica. En medio de un paraje natural que dan ganas de quedarte ahí a vivir. Las dos piscinas estupendas y el trato del personal muy bueno. Las habitaciones están muy bien.
Posada Ribera del Pas
Posada Ribera del Pas in Iruz features a garden and a terrace. Offering a restaurant, the property also has a shared lounge. Guests can enjoy mountain views.The rooms in the inn are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Each room includes a private bathroom with a shower, free toiletries and a hair dryer. All rooms at Posada Ribera del Pas include air conditioning and a desk.The area is popular for cycling and hiking.Santander is 21 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 18 miles from Posada Ribera del Pas.
- Secure parking. Nice family atmosphere. Very accommodating on eating times. I am a vegetarian,but they were happy to offer an alternative. Ideal for port of Santander, 40 mins.
- How the family was so friendly tried and went out there way to speak with you.. The language barrier was not a problem… The cleanliness of every inch the place was so good.. The food was so outstanding.. It is a family run buisness that is so good
- Beautiful location. Staff are very nice. They make you feel at home.
- La limpieza, buen trato, un sitio muy acogedor y buena atención.
- El entorno, la casa y la amabilidad de los propietarios
Top Hotels In Borleña Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Borleña Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Borleña Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Borleña Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!