10 Best Hotels To Stay In Birdaard Friesland – Top Hotel Reviews
Birdaard Friesland is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Birdaard Friesland. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Birdaard Friesland. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Birdaard Friesland. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Birdaard Friesland right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Birdaard Friesland with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Birdaard Friesland:
Hotel Restaurant It posthus
Hotel Restaurant It Posthûs is located in Burdaard. The hotel is located along the Elf Stedentocht ice skating route and has a waterside terrace. Bicycle rental is available for guests to explore the surroundings of Friesland.The rooms have a private bathroom and internet access.Seasonal dishes are served for lunch and dinner in the restaurant. When weather is nice, you can sit out on the terrace and relax with a refreshing drink from the bar.From Hotel Restaurant It posthûs, it takes a 20-minute drive to the ferry that takes you to Ameland and Dokkum is a 10-minute car drive. Around the area of Waddenzee there are many possibilities for hiking. Leeuwarden, the cultural capital city of Europe 2018, is at a 20-minute car journey.
- Good room facilities. Both dinner and breakfast were of high quality. A place to return to!
- So peaceful and relaxing. Amazing location near the windmill, on the canal and watching the sailing/boats go by. Was a special trip to the Netherlands to see where my ancestors lived nearby at Oenkerk.
breakfast was excellent but orange juice was enormous and I would not have ordered it so my husband had to drink it. Perhaps they could have asked us beforehand.
Dinner was also good.
- Beds were very comfortable, owners and staff excellent – very friendly and super helpful. Breakfast was superb! We ate in the restaurant for 2 nights which was delicious.
Nicely styled room, good bed, really great breakfast. Convenient to have a restaurant in house as well. Relatively limited menu, but choice enough for a few diners, and quality is okay.
Great value for money, perfect for a short stay (up to 3-4 nights).
Hotel Café Restaurant De Posthoorn
Hotel De Posthoorn is situated in the idyllic, historic center of Dokkum. The hotel has a big terrace on the canals and is an ideal starting point for a daytrip to the West-Frisian Islands Ameland and Schiermonnikoog.The “Lauwersmeer” (a big recreation lake), is perfect for swimming, sailing, and kite- and windsurfing, and is only 10 minutes by car from the hotel. In and around Dokkum you will find enough activities for a quiet as well as an active vacation. The hotel is also very suitable for business stays (early breakfast, takeout lunches, day menu).
- Excellent location, room was large and clean, very quaint little town, relaxing! I would recommend this hotel😊
- Very nice hotel and restaurant, centrally located in the historic section. The only suggestion we have is that a refrigerator in the room would be nice.
Breakfast is in the restaurant. You can get what you want. For drinks there is tea, coffee, orange deuce, milk.
For bread is there enough choice. Close to the centre. Downstairs the hotel have a restaurant and bar.
- The location was nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. we had to leave the room early in the morning for wadlopen and they helped us with packaging the breakfast. And the room was clean.
- They specially cooked a vegan meal for me in the evening not on the menu. Fantastic service!
Hotel Café Restaurant ‘t Raedhûs
Hotel Café Restaurant ‘t Raedhûs is located in the city center of Dokkum and there is a charming terrace.The hotel has been renovated in November 2016. The rooms have been painted and guests benefit from new beds. A TV is also featured. Some rooms have private facilities while others have a shared bathroom.The waterfront terrace is a beautiful place to eat an ice-cream and enjoy the views on Dokkum. When the weather is cold enough in winter the terrace offers views of the famous Elfstedentocht.The café serves drinks, snacks, pastry and dinners. Meat, fish and vegetarian meals are on offer in the well rated restaurant. The bar is a friendly place for a chat with other guests or locals.Dokkum is well-known for being 1 of the Frisian Elfstedentocht cities. From ‘t Raedhûs, you can easily explore the city on foot.
- Breakfast was ok. . Bud the bed was comfy. Location is perfect.
- A friendly atmosphere, with welcoming staff. A lovely breakfast and the location was great.
- Location – very close to the centre and the party we were attending. We were allowed to put the motorbikes in the garage
- Staff very friendly and accommodating. Room / bathroom very clean.
- Location great and the town look very nice with boats on the river.
Van der Valk Hotel Hardegarijp – Leeuwarden
Van der Valk Hardegarijp offers rooms in a semi-rural setting 1,800 feet from Station Hurdegaryp Railway Station. This hotel features bicycle hire and packed lunch service.All of the rooms at Van der Valk Hotel Hardegarijp – Leeuwarden benefit from cable TV, seating area and a work desk. Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast including scrambled eggs, bacon and many cold items.The center of Leeuwarden, featuring sights including Het Princessehof National Museum of Ceramics, is a 15-minute drive from Van der Valk Hotel. Groningen is less than a 45-minute car journey away.The restaurant at Van der Valk serves modern International cuisine with local seasonal specialties including asparagus and mussels. Lighter meals and lunch dishes can be enjoyed on the terrace in warm weather.
- The beds were super comfortable, it was quiet and the breakfast was good!
- The room was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was very nice!
- This is an old hotel that was built in 1896. My purpose in Hardegarijp (Hurdegarijp) was to locate a hotel with the family name. Turns out this was the same hotel, but with additions over the years (we believe grandparents or great grandparents ran/owned the hotel in the early years). The room we stayed in was in the addition, and was quite spacious and comfortable. Hardegarijp is a quiet little town just outside of Leeuwarden. We arrived on the King’s Birthday, celebrated all over the Netherlands, and Leeuwarden was no exception. It was nice to be able to get away from the crowds by staying outside of town. Nice restaurant and outside dining area, friendly staff. I enjoyed my walks in the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Staff are super nice and responsive. Enjoy the stay very much
- Comfortable beds, cool room and great food. Had several English speaking channels which is a bonus
Post-Plaza Hotel & Grand Café
Post-Plaza Hotel & Grand Café is located in the city center of Leeuwarden. After the renovation and restoration of the old post office, the Post-Plaza Hotel & Grand Café is transformed into a place where guests can stay in a historical atmosphere. The hotel rooms are located within the old post office in the old Gratama Bank. Both locations are connected through a glass bridge.This hotel has 82 rooms which feature a flat screen TV, laptop safe, coffee and tea making facilities, a bathroom and free WiFi.All rooms are nonsmoking. Beauty treatment and massages are available on request.The Grand Café is located within the former post office. In the Grand Café guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch and diner. The Grand Café is opened from 07:00 to 01:00. Authentic meals and beverages are served. The Barista burns his own coffee beans.Post-Plaza Hotel & Grand Café is located in a quiet street, a 2 minute walk from the city center. The station is 0.7 mi away from the hotel. The nearest bus stop is Blokhuisplein 1,000 feet away. The hotel offers parking at the backside of the property, reservation is needed. Several parking garages are available within walking distance.
Location was great.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Friendly staff, great location, delicious breakfast
- I liked the location.Location was safe, central and I was able to easily access many places. Quite and pleasant environment Staff were pleasant and spoke English making communication easy.
- I liked nearly everything. Service staff comfort location. Everything was well above my expectations.
- The hotel is in a perfect location for me, close to the center but still in a calm street. The Historic Post office building houses the beautiful restaurant where the breakfasts and snacks were excellent and staff very attentive. This time I requested specific rooms and got to stay in them and loved the design and comfort of the beds and bathroom. Also chose the hotel as it has a gym and sauna which were nice but could use a few upgrades. The Bike rental is very practical.Overall had a great stay and will definitely come back again!
- Location was great.
WestCord WTC Hotel Leeuwarden
Located on the edge of Leeuwarden’s city center, WestCord WTC Hotel Leeuwarden is directly connected to the WTC Expo and located next to Holland Casino Leeuwarden. Free WiFi access is available. Free parking is available next to the hotel.The hotel rooms are modern and spacious. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, a TV, a mini-bar, coffee/tea making facilities, a safety deposit box and a separate toilet.WestCord WTC Hotel Leeuwarden offers fitness facilities at a surcharge. Guests can also make use of the wellness facilities and solarium, at an extra charge.Guests can enjoy dinner in Restaurant Élevé, which offers panoramic views.The Skybar can be found on the 11th floor of the hotel and offers a variety of wines, cocktails and gin tonics.The city center of Leeuwarden is a 15-minute walk from the WTC Hotel Leeuwarden. You can find plenty of boutiques, shops, museums and cafés there.
- Location is perfect for start of Elf Steden Fiets Winter Tocht bike event.
- The hotel was great, the staff called me 10 minutes after checking in to make sure everything was ok. the location was perfect and you can walk downtown in about 15-20 minutes. Free parking is a huge bonus.
Breakfast and pricing.
Well worth it!
- Fantastic, extra comfortable room, great breakfast, wonderful people working there. Would love to come back again, all was impeccable.
The location. The reception. The casino. The friendly Ness of the deskclercs and the nice rooms;. Very tidy, clean, good atmosphere; relaxed and the little refrigerator with the automatic electronic paid beveridges was a hit.
I liked it.
Fletcher Hotel Paleis Stadhouderlijk Hof
One of our top picks in Leeuwarden.The 4-star Hotel- Paleis Stadhouderlijk Hof in the capital of Friesland epitomizes the region’s historic grandeur. Guests have free Wi-Fi during their stay.The property was in fact a palace owned by the Dutch royal family until 1971. And each of the palace’s rooms has retained its regal air.Enjoy a dinner fit for a king or a princely lunch against the backdrop of its 18th-century decor. The hotel’s surroundings also offer a range of activities and sights.
- Staff were very friendly and food was great. Great central location
- Beautiful location made me feel like royalty. No wonder this hotel used to be a palace. My accommodation consisted of a large bedroom, a large sitting room and a large bathroom. The staff printed out the history (1567 on). The public rooms had many period paintings. The garden behind the hotel was lovely. All together a real find. I stayed an extra night needless to say I’ll be back!
- Located in city where you can go everywhere easily, rent a bike at the hotel was the best experience to explore leeuwarden
- excellent location, very friendly staff, beautiful and good restaurant
- I liked everything about my stay there. I have no complaints whatsoever. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I will stay there again if I ever return to Leeuwarden.
Campanile Hotel & Restaurant Leeuwarden
Situated on the outskirts of Leeuwarden in the province of Friesland in the north of the country, this friendly and affordable hotel is easily accessible from highway A32.Campanile Hotel & Restaurant Leeuwarden is a friendly hotel offering affordable accommodations in a convenient and easily accessible location, making it perfect for a stopover or as a base when visiting the city of Leeuwarden. Situated about 75 minutes ride time from Amsterdam, Leeuwarden is an historic quarter with canals, museums and shopping streets with terraces, bars and discotheques.In the surroundings of Leeuwarden there are many old towns and picturesque villages, 24711 acres of water made up of hundreds of canals and 30 lakes with yachting harbors and sailing schools, 21004 acres of forest and nature reserves.
- Clean and quiet place to sleep. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Food was great. We got great help with finding transportation to the center of town. My laundry was done very nicely, and for only 15.00 euros!
Staff was friendly
Easy check in check out
Room is what you would expect for the price
- Convenient location for a stopover on the way through. Rooms were basic but clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant was good and also good value.
- Breakfast was nice and a good start to the day. The location was perfect both for access to the town and the countryside. It was quiet outside with views of the countryside and nice walks along the canal.
Oranje Hotel Leeuwarden
This 4-star hotel is located in the historical center of Leeuwarden, one of the Cultural Capitals of Europe 2018, directly opposite the train station. Oranje Hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Guests benefit from an on-site restaurant and terrace. The Fries Museum is located at a distance of 2,650 feet.This hotel offers spacious rooms, air conditioning and coffee and tea facilities. You will have a private bathroom with a modern touch.For a drink or tasty dinner, you can visit Brasserie Oranje. This friendly place prepares seasonal dishes for its guests. If you want to relax, you can either sit out on the terrace or have a drink in the bar or conservatory.From the parking garage, guests can use the elevator to reach the reception.From the Oranje Hotel Leeuwarden you can walk to the city center and discover the shopping streets and museums. Sit down for a cup of tea at 1 of the cafés or make a city walk through Leeuwarden.
- The whole experience was wonderful friendly people, everything worked, lovely room, all great!
It was very clean and modern.
Staff was very nice.
- It’s really clean, good beds and pillows. Situated near the centre. Breakfast was delicious.
- Beds were so comfortable. Loved having a bar fridge to use . Great location, train and bus station right across the street . Breakfast was amazing but didn’t realize we had to pay . Still worth it !
- Just as we were leaving our room to check out an alarm went off. The LIFT would not work so we had to take the stairs. We both are in our 70’s and we were having trouble with our bags. One of the workers from the restaurant, I believe he might have in charge of things there, grabbed both of our bags and carried them down the stairs for us.
Bastion Hotel Leeuwarden
Bastion Hotel Leeuwarden is along the A32 highway, near the Congress Center FEC, as well as central Leeuwarden with its great theater, cinemas, movie house, bars and restaurants.Bastion Hotel Leeuwarden has a 24-hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the menu in the atmospheric restaurant.Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or lounge. The lounge features LCD TV and relaxing lounge chairs.The hotel also has free Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel. In the lobby, there is a computer with internet access, at the guests disposal free of charge.
- We had a party nearby it started late we had friends over in our room nothing was a issue with the staff
- Friendly staff, nice little fridge to keep our drinks cold.
- Excellent value for money, very friendly and helpful staff
I liked how professional and prepared the room looked.
Specially the fact that it had a mini fridge despite being a small room.
Another thing I liked was the free bottles of water and the espresso capsules.
The bathroom door was made of a nice semi-transparent glass.
- Very close to a bus stop, easy to reach from the train station.
Top Hotels In Birdaard Friesland Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Birdaard Friesland to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Birdaard Friesland but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Birdaard Friesland. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!