10 Best Hotels To Stay In Bilbao Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Bilbao Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Bilbao Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Bilbao Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Bilbao Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Bilbao Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Bilbao Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Bilbao Basque Country:
Vincci Consulado de Bilbao
Located in Bilbao, less than 0.6 miles from Euskalduna Conference Centre and Concert Hall, Vincci Consulado de Bilbao has a terrace and a bar, as well as free WiFi. Popular points of interest nearby include Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, Guggenheim Museumd, Bilbao and Casco Viejo. The hotel has newspapers and a fax machine and photocopier that guests can use.At the hotel, the rooms have a desk. The private bathroom is equipped with a bidet and free toiletries. At Vincci Consulado de Bilbao each room comes with air conditioning and a flat-screen TV.Guests at the accommodation can enjoy a buffet breakfast. At Vincci Consulado de Bilbao you’ll find a restaurant serving European cuisine.Speaking English and Spanish at the 24-hour front desk, staff will be happy to provide guests with practical information on the area.Arriaga Theatre is one mile from the hotel. Bilbao Airport is 8 miles away.
No reviews yet.
One of our top picks in Bilbao.Hotel Ercilla is a modern hotel located in central Bilbao. It offers a fitness center and stylish accommodations with flat-screen satellite TV, free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom.The hotel’s modern Bermeo Restaurant serves a mix of traditional Basque food and modern international dishes. Here you can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner.The Le Club Lounge, is a gastro-lounge set on the rooftop, where you can have a drink or a meal enjoying the panoramic views of the city.The Lobby is a stylish bar set near the reception where you can have breakfast, tea or cocktails depending on the time of the day.Bilbao’s stunning Guggenheim Museum is 15 minutes’ walk away. There is a metro station just across the road from the hotel, connecting you with the beach within 20 minutes.
- Beautiful room, clean, comfy bed. Rooftop bar is great.
- Great location! Very comfortable room with a nice terrace for coffee or drinks.
- The location is very good. We walked everywhere and you have many restaurants close by. We got the “club level” room that gives you access to the rooftop and our room was larger than others.
- Great location, clean room, comfortable bed. Friendly stuff.
- Location / spacoius room / comfortable and quite room / nice bathroom
Hotel Bilbao Jardines
One of our top picks in Bilbao.This innovatively designed hotel is very well located for exploring all of the main sights of the city on foot. The property is close to the river in the old part of central Bilbao.Because of its location on a pedestrian street, the hotel is surrounded by the charming atmosphere of the most historic part of the city. Guests can still reach the hotel by car, and the train station is also only 5 minutes away.The Santiago Cathedral is just around the corner and the famous Guggenheim and Fine Arts museums are only 10 minutes away. Business travelers will appreciate being just 15 minutes from the Euskalduna Conference Centre.The hotel’s rooms also include air conditioning and a 21-inch (53 cm) TV. If you have forgotten your alarm clock, you can also receive a wake-up call via your telephone, before heading down to enjoy the continental breakfast (available for a fee).
Location extremely convenient, less than 10 min walk distance from train station and at the core of the “casco viejo” next to the river and Arriaga theater.
Bathroom/towels/amenities provided ok.
Room temperature was very comfortable.
- Location perfect, room very clean, staff very helpful.
- This hotel is right in the heart of Old Town Bilbao, and an easy walk to many sights including museums, churches, and wonderful restaurants and pinxtos bars. I will definitely stay here again.
- That it was in walking distance of everything in Bilbao
- Location was very good in the old city. Plenty of restaurants and shops. Bakeries, coffee bars, etc… Very walkable location. Guggenheim Museum not far. We walked evrywhere. Tahe a bvus to San Sebastian and spend the day, beautiful!
- Location extremely convenient, less than 10 min walk distance from train station and at the core of the “casco viejo” next to the river and Arriaga theater.
One of our top picks in Bilbao.Located on Plaza de Federico Moyúa square, this elegant hotel stands as an impressive landmark in Bilbao. It offers free access to its gym and spacious rooms with luxurious décor.The rooms at Hotel Carlton feature a classic or contemporary design and have a private bathroom. They also have air conditioning and a flat-screen TV.Hotel Carlton offers a business center with a computer and free internet access. There is also a printer and complimentary minibar. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.The grand restaurant serves Basque specialties and international classics. The menu changes daily, from Monday to Friday.Set next to Gran Vía, Carlton Hotel is less than a 10 minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum. Moyua Metro Station is next to the hotel, providing easy access to Bilbao and its surroundings. The airport bus stops nearby.
- Very helpful staff, excellent location to all attractions, beautiful hotel. Would highly recommend to anyone.
- Excellent location, staff and the room was incredible. We would definitely stay here again. It exceeded our expectations.
- very comfortable bed, very big room, excellent service and nice bathroom. Excellent position too
- The bathroom is very comfortable and also has all the amenities, the room and hotel’s decoration is very nice, the seating and bed comfortable with different pillow selection options. Location is really top both from airport and for sight seeing!
- A real wonderful stay. excellent location with excellent service. Vast room, quiet, clean and very comfy bed. The breakfast was truly amazing. Definitely recommend.
Hotel Ilunion Bilbao
Located in the commercial heart of Bilbao, Hotel Ilunion Bilbao is 350 feet from San Mamés Bus and Metro Stations. There is a gym, and free WiFi is offered.All modern, air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Ilunion Bilbao include a mini-bar and flat-screen satellite TV. They also come with a private bathroom and a hairdryer.This hotel is officially adapted for guests with reduced mobility, accessible rooms are available on request, also for people with auditory and visual impairment.You can have a varied breakfast buffet at the hotel’s restaurant La Kedada Bar & Restaurant where you can also find traditional Basque cuisine. The hotel also has spacious lounge areas and a 24-hour reception with tour desk.Located next to Iturriza Casilda Park, Hotel Ilunion Bilbao is just 1,950 feet from Bilbao Fine Arts Museum and Euskalduna Conference Center. The Guggenheim Museum can be reached within a 15-minute walk.
- The Location was perfect, easy to reach from the Airport and Close to the conference Center where we had the Event. Wifi worked fine. I did not get the Chance to try other fascilities.
- Its nice to stay here,its very near in the terminal of buses and the price is good and all of the staff is very accommodating..
- Great staff helped me with some issues. Comfortable room.
- good location in city center. friendly staff. rooms functional and very clean.
- It was the first hotel that I felt catered to the tired traveler! It had Ramos for luggage and wider passageways. It was perfect in everyway. The people at the desk were wonderful. The best hotel of our trip
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! The Abando Hotel is in central Bilbao, across from Abando Metro Station and 500 feet from Abando Indalecio Prieto Train Station. Its air-conditioned rooms all offer free Wi-Fi and satellite TV.Abando is just 650 feet from Bilbao’s main shopping streets, and just over a quarter mile from the Guggenheim Museum of contemporary art. The historic quarter is just 1,000 feet away. There is a tram stop 500 feet away.The hotel offers a varied breakfast, while the stylish Epaia Restaurant serves typical Basque cuisine. It specializes in fresh fish, and has an extensive wine list.Abando has a free gym with sauna and Turkish bath. There is also a gift shop and internet terminals.
- I loved the location (within walking distance to everything) and the fact that even though it is in the center of Bilbao, the rooms are very calm. Also the beds are very comfortable.
- modern and clean with all amenities in place. The staff was helpful. And the location near the train station was perfect.
- this is a great hotel for guest with a car as it is easy to reach , in the city centre & also there is a good garage
- Good hotel, central location to old town. Many restaurants near by. Ten minutes walk to Guggenheim museum.
- Central location to the things we wanted to see in Bilbao. Well kept property.
Hotel Meliá Bilbao
One of our top picks in Bilbao.The Meliá Bilbao is set 1,000 feet from the Guggenheim Museum and features design inspired by sculptor Eduardo Chillida. It offers a heated outdoor swimming pool, award-winning restaurant and a gym.Each luxurious room at the Bilbao has flat-screen TV and a pillow menu. Bathrooms have stylish marble floors with their own adjustable heating system.The hotel’s Aizian Restaurant was awarded a Michelin star in 2014, while the Quatre restaurant serves a range of Basque cuisine and has a terrace with views of Doña Casilda Park. Guests can enjoy a cocktail and tapas in the stylish Q Lounge.Located on the 6th floor, the Meliá’s fitness room has views of Bilbao’s Nervión River. It has a sauna and offers a range of massage treatments.The hotel is a 5-minute walk from Bilbao’s Bellas Artes Museum and less than 150 feet from the Palacio de Congresos Exhibition Center. You can walk to the Guggenheim Museum and the San Mames Stadium in less than 10 minutes.
- The location is nice, near the river, and close to the Guggenheim museum, breakfast is excellent and the room was big.
- Exquisite room with balcony overlooking the park just a short walk from the fabulous Guggenheim museum. truly warm and excellent service I would definitely stay here again.
We arrived from Latin America to do our jet lag in Bilbao for 2 days. On the third day we left our big luggage w the bell man for our return – 8 days later after walking part of the Camino de Santiago (Estella-Burgos and seeing the Festival El Cid in Burgos).
We returned after a great walk – but my wife was w/crutches and not so happy (having fallen a few miles from Burgos, was quickly taken to the local hospital). The hotel Melia let us borrow a wheelchair for our return stay of 4 days. We were able to continue w seeing sites and going around the lovely city. The staff were exceedingly accommodating. They would help w an easily accessible table for our meals and when me wife wanted another coffee they would bring it to her at breakfast. Two evenings we remained in the hotel because of the rain and the staff easily gave us good food recommendations and again assisting in every way. Thanks Melia Bilbao.
Staff was very good.
Location was good for nice riverside walks.
The breakfast buffet was amazing. The the staff was nice. The beds were comfy.
I liked the location, next to a lovely park and the Guggenheim. Being able to walk around the city was a plus.
Cosmov Bilbao Hotel
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Located in the Bilbao City Center district in Bilbao, 1,000 feet from Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Cosmov Bilbao Hotel features air-conditioned rooms and private parking.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Rooms are equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. Cosmov Bilbao Hotel features free WiFi throughout the property.There is a 24-hour reception at the property.The hotel also offers car hire. Etxebarría Park is 0.7 mi from Cosmov Bilbao Hotel, while Alhondiga Bilbao is 2,650 feet from the property. Bilbao Airport is 3.1 mi away.
- Great location for access to Guggenheim, bus station and airport. Helpful staff. Good amenities.
- Friendly staffs, good location, and coffee and cookies.
- Great location! I didn’t eat at the facility but they did have some sort of breakfast deal. My bed was very comfortable. Room was a decent size. Shower was nice with good pressure and lots of hot water. I enjoyed my stay and staff was very helpful.
- Andrea at the front desk was helpful, funny and very accommodating. Great little hotel in the middle of the City.
- We were in Bilbao to see the Guggenheim Museum. The hotel is within walking distance, with good restaurants nearby. The room was big, comfortable, clean, quiet; the staff friendly and helpful.
Offering free WiFi, a gym and casino, Sercotel Coliseo occupies Bilbao’s former opera house. Centrally located, it is a 5-minute walk from Abando Metro Station and Bilbao Train Station.The Coliseo maintains its original façade and offers contemporary décor. All air-conditioned rooms have satellite TV and a mini-bar. The modern rooms are heated, and have a safe and work desk.Guests can relax in the hotel reading room, TV lounge or sun terrace.The hotel has a 24-hour front desk and guests can hire a car at the tour desk. The property offers guests free coffee every day from 12:00 to 16:30. On-site parking is available for an extra charge. The Guggenheim Museum is just over 0.6 mi away.
- Staff friendliness, cleanliness, convenience to Guggenheim and old town.
The room very clean
The location very near the center
- Pretty good location for our needs. Staff was helpful with answering questions.
- Room was fantastic but a little expensive. Breakfast was over priced. Great location. Staff need to smile more. 😉
- The Hotel i modern and located in the a good area. You can walk to the old town and also to the Guggenheim museum.
Ercilla López de Haro
One of our top picks in Bilbao.This boutique hotel offers a traditional Basque restaurant and stylish rooms with flat-screen satellite TV, as well as an exclusive VIP area. Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim Museum is just 1,650 feet away.Ercilla Lopez de Haro is a restored historic building, located a 15-minute walk from Bilbao Old Town. Uribitarte Tram Station is just 1,150 feet away, while Abando Metro Station is within 650 feet.The Lopez de Haro’s air-conditioned rooms features unique classic décor in white and gray tones. Each air-conditioned room comes with a mini-bar and a desk.Guests can enjoy a varied buffet breakfast at Ercilla Lopez de Haro. Staff at the hotel’s reception can also recommend characteristic tapas bars in the surrounding streets.
- Great place staff were helpful and genuinely friendly.
- The staff were super friendly and the location is perfect.
- The staff were very friendly and tried to be helpful but were probably not empowered to really deal with our complaint about the bedding and the Aircon especially when it’s the weekend
- Very nice hotel with helpful and friendly staff. Staff was very good at providing directions and restaurant recommendations. I would suggest they not use a felt marker on the maps and the ink covers street names, but their directions were excellent. Onsite parking and a nice breakfast.
- Staff is super friendly and hospitable. Hotel is impecable, very clean. I will stay there again for sure.
Top Hotels In Bilbao Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Bilbao Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Bilbao Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Bilbao Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!