10 Best Hotels To Stay In Bergara Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Bergara Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Bergara Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Bergara Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Bergara Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Bergara Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Bergara Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Bergara Basque Country:
Located in the center of Bergara, Ormazabal Hotel dates from 1650 and is decorated in 1920’s style. It offers free Wi-Fi and heated rooms with a balcony and flat-screen TV.All rooms feature wooden floors and a work desk. There is a private bathroom with amenities, and some rooms have a fireplace.A continental breakfast is available at the Ormazabal, and guests can relax in the charming lounge with its large fireplace.Hotel Ormazabal has a 24-hour reception and a tour desk. Parking can be reserved nearby for an extra charge. There is easy access to the AP1 Motorway and Bilbao is 35 mi away.
- Perfect location in the middle of a buzzing town. Old building with loads of character..
- great location in a fascinating town, full of mediaeval buildings. Quirky, clean, comfortable hotel, paintings on the walls by the owner artist. A trip to the museum is essential- an experience of innovation.
- The very friendly owners!! Hospitality like it was meant to be!!
- The personal attendance and the facility to make our stay the most confortable it could be.
- Bread and jam, orange juice and hot drink, adequate for the price.
This pleasant hotel is located in the center, 650 feet from San Juan Bautista Church. Set in a reformed traditional building, it offers bright rooms with free Wi-Fi, 5 minutes’ drive from the AP-1 Motorway.Rooms at the Arrasate feature vibrant decor, landscape paintings and wooden floors. They include central heating, a mini-bar, plasma TV and a private bathroom.Breakfast is served daily in the dining room and there is also a comfortable lounge area where you can enjoy a drink from the bar. Several bars, restaurants and shops are within 5 minutes’ walk.The Arrasate hotel has public pay-parking nearby and is 30 minutes’ drive from Vitoria and Deba Beach. Arrasate, known in Spanish as Mondragón, is around 50 minutes’ drive from Bilbao and San Sebastian.
- The staff, the person who attends is very friendly!
The staff was incredibly nice. Breakfast was good, with fresh orange juice and excellent coffee. Location is great, right in the city center. The parking is a public one, that costs 10 euro per night, but if you find a parking at the street, it is for free.
There is a bath in the bathroom.
Quite central to the town
The personnel will do whatever necessary to cope with hotel’s shortcomings. My room had no A/C, but they put there a “pinguino”
- The gave me the breakfast even out of then breakfast time!
- Cordiality of staff made all the difference after a tiring trip.
Hotel Villa De Ermua
Hotel Villa de Ermua is strategically located next to the A8 Motorway, between Bilbao and San Sebastian. Each bright, air-conditioned room offers a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom.The modern Villa de Ermua Hotel has a 24-hour reception desk and a spacious café-bar, where a daily continental breakfast is served. There are also various shops and restaurants in the town of Eibar, less than 1.2 mi away.Surrounded by countryside, the Villa de Ermua is a 25-minute drive from Bilbao, while San Sebastián and Vitoria are both around a 35-minute drive away. Private parking can be arranged at the hotel for a daily fee.
- The room size was good. Not far away from the city centre. The staff is friendly.
- Booked late in the evening, staff were very helpful and informative. Rooms were a decent size and spacious layout, bathrooms clean with a really good powerful shower.
Good private parking (to pay)
Good breakfast at good price
- It’s a very nice place to stop for a night or two while travelling between destinations.
- A very friendly atmosphere where local people made you feel very welcome. Good for the train and buses to Bilbao to watch the Rugby and San Sebastián for day out. A Irish bar with great food. The surprise of our holiday.
Hotel Mondragon is located in the Basque town of Arrasate, close to the A-1 Motorway. It offers free Wi-Fi and a charming café with a piano bar and a great tapas selection.The Mondragon’s air-conditioned rooms come with flat-screen satellite TV, a kettle and a mini-bar. Each one has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The Mondragon has a spacious lounge area and a terrace. Staff at the 24-hour reception can provide information about what to see and do in the surrounding area.Explore the many walking routes in the area which can take you to neighboring villages such as Oñati, Bergara and the Arántzazu Sanctuary.The hotel offers easy access to the business parks in the surrounding area. There is a taxi stop and a bus stop nearby.Vitoria is just 15 minutes’ drive from the hotel, while Bilbao and San Sebastián are less than 40 minutes away by car. Deba Beach is within 20 minutes’ drive of the Mondragon.
This hotel was a charming renovation — more comfortable and up-to-date than I’d expected. Staff was warm and helpful.
I had business in Mondragon, but the hotel is also midway between San Sebastian and Bilbao, so I decided to make it my base in the Basque Country. For each of three days, I found (free) parking on the street, practically in front of the hotel. Bilbao was an easy (and spectacularly beautiful!) 45 minute drive, actually adding to my pleasure; I was able to get to the Guggenheim and other attractions with time to spare — and I appreciated having a quiet, small-town retreat after a long night out.
- Great location near to an old town. Staff was very nice.
- The friendly atmosphere displayed by the staff, especially the owners who actually work at the Cafeteria / Bar.
Nice large comfortable bed
Best sausage egg and chips for weeks
- Staff very help full, room clean and comfortable, food in the resturant excellent,service excellent.
- This hotel was a charming renovation — more comfortable and up-to-date than I’d expected. Staff was warm and helpful.
Featuring rooms with garden and mountain views, Hotel Etxeberri is set 0.6 mi outside the village of Zumarraga. It features a traditional Basque restaurant and free Wi-Fi access.Hotel Etxeberri’s heated rooms have simple, attractive décor with carpeted floors. All rooms have flat-screen TVs and fully equipped bathrooms.Guests can enjoy a range of local cuisine in the Etxeberri’s restaurant, including fish and meat dishes. There is also a bar and terrace.The surrounding Alto Urola Valley is ideal for hiking and cycling. The beaches surrounding Deba can be reached in 30 minutes by car, while San Sebastián is approximately 31 mi from the hotel.
The staff couldn’t do enough for you – nothing was too much trouble. The room was comfortable and serviced every day.
On paying the bill we were given a complimentary bottle of wine that is a nice touch.
- Staff were very friendly, great location when en route to somewhere, ample parking. Excellent breakfast
- The rooms were very luxurious and the breakfast was excellent. There were lots of outdoor spaces for relaxation and the grounds were well tended. All staff were very attentive and welcoming.
- Fantastic out-of-the-way hotel and restaurant, enhanced further by the welcoming hosts.
Great location and friendly staff.
Good price too ,highly recommend and will defo be back. Fantastic place.
- The staff couldn’t do enough for you – nothing was too much trouble. The room was comfortable and serviced every day.
Hotel Santa Ana
This traditional, renovated rural hotel is surrounded by the stunning mountainous landscape of the Basque Country. It has a fresh, modern style, allowing you to relax in style.The Santa Ana is the ideal place for a peaceful break in the countryside outside Mondragón. Its wonderful hillside setting means you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding mountains from the hotel gardens.In the hotel’s restaurant, you can enjoy delicious and modern Basque cuisine. The seasonal dishes are made with fresh meat and fish from the local area, vegetables from the hotel’s garden, and are accompanied by wines from the best regional producers.
- The room had lots of space and was confortable. Arrasate is not a very pretty city, but the hotel is in a quiet hill, with grass all around, really nice.
- Very enjoyable stay with the lift being very helpful.
- Era el único hotel de la zona en el que me esperaron hasta después de las 00:00 pars hacer el check-in, sin problemas y encantadores
- Enorm grote kamer met aparte zitkamer. Koelkastje aanwezig. Ruime badkamer. Vriendelijke eigenaar. Rustige omgeving. Eenvoudig maar prima ontbijt.
Geweldige gastheer. Klant vriendelijk. Hond meenemen: geen bezwaar.
Dinner is elke keer weer en aangename verrassing.
Ontbijt is voldoende. Lekkere koffie.
Hotel Torre Zumeltzegi
Hotel Torre Zumeltzegi is located in Old Town of Oñati, in the beautiful Basque countryside. This restored 13th-century property offers a garden and charming rooms with free Wi-Fi.The décor at the Torre Zumeltzegi combines the building’s medieval heritage with modern touches, with exposed stone walls, wooden beams and parquet floors. All air-conditioned rooms come with a TV and a private bathroom.The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Basque food using fresh, seasonal produce. There is also a bar where you can get a drink to enjoy on the terrace, which offers fantastic views of the Oñati Valley and the Old Town.The countryside around Hotel Torre Zumeltzegi is great for hiking, and the Arrikrutz Caves are a 10-minute drive away. You can drive to Vitoria and the coast in around 35 minutes, and both Bilbao and San Sebastián are around 50 minutes’ drive away.
- Perfect place to stay in Oñate, nice view to the town
- A wonderful all around hotel in a beautiful region of Spain.
- The hotel is beautifully situated above a small town. The hotel is quiet and peaceful. Staff were friendly and helpful.
– Service was excellent during dinner at the restaurant, food flavor and variety of options offered were great. Dinner starts at 8 pm which is a bit late for me but normal in Spain!
– Breakfast was also very good, bread was coming out of the oven and eggs freshly prepared.
- Staff, food, location and great room with windows around the room!
Offering free Wi-Fi, Hotel Txarriduna is located in the small town of Elgoibar. Featuring modern design, the hotel includes a restaurant with a wide variety of basque pintxos and meals.All rooms include a flat-screen TV and heating. The private bathroom comes with shower.Breakfast buffet is daily available at the bar. Guests can also enjoy a terrace and a meeting room. There is a free public parking on site.Elgoibar Train Station is 1,650 feet from the hotel. Elgoibar is centrally located in the Basque Country, within 30 minutes’ drive of Bilbao, San Sebastian and Vitoria. Deba Beach is 8.1 mi from the property.
- when staff is not busy chilling and chatting with locals, they are nice, cheap beer too.
- Easy cheap hotel . Perfect for Just a sleep when passing by
- We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel, which seemed quite new, was clean and modern and had a bar and restaurant attached. Staff were very friendly and helpful and you can buy your newspaper at the bar! We were going on to Azpeitia and discovered the road from Elgoibar is far better than the route from the motorway via Zestoa.
- Everything from stepping into the hotel to leaving such a great place to stay Daniel is a great host The rooms are great and very comfy a real nice place to stay will deferentially be staying again at this hotel should I be in Bilbao again in the future
- Hotel convenient for railway station,a 10 minute walk. Staff in hotel very help and friendly.
Larramendi Torrea is set next to the Urola River, 10 minutes’ walk from the historic center of Azkoitia. The stone building, dating from 1413, offers modern rooms with free wired internet.Featuring wooden floors, the heated rooms have a flat-screen satellite TV. Each has a private bathroom with a shower, hairdryer and free toiletries. Superior rooms also have large windows and a kettle.The café-bar offers regional tapas and dinner is available. A laundry and ironing service is offered and there is a tour desk.
- Stylish bedroom, surprisingly lively restaurant / terrace with decent choice of tapas
- An oasis in a very unprepossing location with an old trading estate behind it but once in the very well kept grounds you couldn’t see that at all.
- View of the top floor windows is to a nearby mountain that was almost full of snow. great view!
- Lovely room, great staff. Beautiful historic building
- The standard of accommodation is high and we would certainly be happy to stay here again.
Next to the Shrine of Loyola, Hotel Arrupe is a historic marble building with large grounds and terrace. Rooms include free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and DVD player.The Arrupe Hotel has traditional stone and wood features and has been carefully restored. Each room has simple, modern design and includes heating and a private bathroom.The Arrupe is surrounded by beautiful Basque countryside and is just one mile from the town of Azpeitia. The Loyola complex includes a church dedicated to San Ignacio de Loyola.The beaches of the Green Coast are 11 miles away and San Sebastián is within a 45-minute drive of the hotel. Free public parking can be found nearby.
- Adjacent to St. Ignatius Basilica campus. Very modern facilities and efficient/friendly staff. Nice bar and restaurant next door. Breakfast was very good.
- I had the room with great view to the basilica and the mountain. Five stars for the location, the cleanliness of the room, the courtesy of the staff’s, and the great breakfast.
- Is very close to the monastery, and beautiful surroundings, clean and with a good buffet breakfast for value (6€). Also free parking.
- Loved it being situated at St. Ignatius Basilica…
- The setting is absolutely stunning and the staff were really helpful and welcoming. If you decide to eat dinner in the hotel (have to book in advance) it is very good value, although a bit tricky with children as there is no choice at all and kids can be fussy! Lots of choice at breakfast though.
Top Hotels In Bergara Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Bergara Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Bergara Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Bergara Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!