10 Best Hotels To Stay In Berango Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Berango Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Berango Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Berango Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Berango Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Berango Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Berango Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Berango Basque Country:
Modus Vivendi is 1,300 feet from Sopelana Metro Station, with trains to Bilbao, 11 mi away. Free WiFi is offered, and it is 1.1 mi to Sopelana Beach.The hotel has a gym and sauna. The tour desk can organize several excursions to the surrounding area.All air-conditioned rooms have satellite TV and wooden floors. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer. Some rooms have a private balcony and hydro-massage bath.There is a bar in the Modus Vivendi Hotel. Shops and restaurants can be found within a short walk of the hotel.
- Staff very helpful. Easy stroll to downtown Sopela and metro to Bilbao. Bakery down the road is awesome.
- Breakfast is satisfying, room is nice and clean. We prefered a calm accomadation so I love the location!
- Excellent location, easy walk to the Metro, and to the fantastic local beaches, or to nearby shops and restaurants. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly and could speak English to us. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, especially the suite which had a balcony, (which we could use to dry our swimming costumes) and the breakfast provided was delicious. Lovely local bakeries, fruit shops and supermarkets, and a Tourist information centre. Free parking in the streets around. Perfect place to stay to explore Bilbau and the lovely local towns by Metro.
- Great breakfast with lovely fresh products daily .best coffee ever in Spanish hotel .
- The staff were extremely helpful with any enquiries and would recommend for visiting Bilbao
One of our top picks in Sopelana.Located just 650 feet from Sopelana Beach, Hotel Goizalde features a restaurant and rooms with free Wi-Fi. It is set in a garden, offering lovely sea views.Each room at Hotel Goizalde has simple décor. There is a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.Guests can enjoy a continental breakfast in the Goizalde’s restaurant. Basque cuisine is on offer for dinner.The surrounding region is ideal for surfing, kayaking, hiking and horse riding. The center of Sopelana is just over 0.6 mi away.Bilbao and Barakaldo can be reached in 20 minutes by car. San Sebastián is just over 62 mi from the Goizalde.
- The location of Hotel Goizalde can NOT be beaten and the staff is warm, helpful and welcoming. Ricart who was on duty much of my two-day stay was a real benefit. I spent my birthday here so I chose this hotel carefully and wasn’t disappointed. Ricart overhead me saying it was my birthday (he speaks English) and didn’t let me forget it! The facility is updated and comfortable with comfy mattresses. It isn’t ‘luxury’ and it isn’t really ’boutique’; rather, it’s updated Provincial Basque/Spanish and based on how many locals I saw come here for happy hour to watch the sunset, or a ladies luncheon one afternoon, I can vouch for not only the traveler reviews but also the locals endorsement.
- Good location by the Sopellana beach. Restaurant of the hotel had ok food and was available for lunch and dinner. The romanian guy working there was very friendly.
- Great location, easy parking, wonderful staff at reception
- The waiter was very kind and helpful. Help with some info about surroundings.
- The manager was nice, he served breakfast everyday. Freshly made coffee and orange juice. The beach nearby is stunning with various surf schools to watch on a sunny day
Offering a picturesque setting on Getxo’s Ereaga Beach, Hotel Igeretxe features rooms with sea or garden views. It is within 10 minutes’ walk of Neguri Metro Station, which connects you to central Bilbao in just 25 minutes.Each stylish, air-conditioned room at Hotel Igeretxe is decorated in contemporary gray tones. There is free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a mini-bar.The Igeretxe has a snack bar and an attractive terrace with views of the bay and mountains.Portugalete Suspension Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is less than 1.9 mi from the hotel. Bilbao Airport is a 20-minute drive away.
- Beautiful Hotel, Great breakfast. Lots of choices and fresh food. Great value.
- The receptionist was outstanding! She was extremely helpful, professional and friendly!
- Bed in room 10 was super comfortable. Good light control with the blackout curtains. Lovely view of beach. Friendly and helpful staff. Their English was pretty good.
- It was on the outskirts of Bilbao, just minutes away by metro to the Guggenheim Museum and Old Town, by tram.
- The location cant be better. Getxo is beautiful and only 20 min away from Bilbao. I would highly recommend this hotel. Near the beach and the old port.. great walk along the sea to the hanging bridge.
The family-run Hotel Neguri is located in Getxo, 1,000 feet from the beach and 6.2 mi from central Bilbao. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the property and free parking.Neguri Metro Station is just 650 feet away. This offers a direct link to the heart of Bilbao.Some rooms in the Neguri Hotel have balconies, and all have TV and private bathrooms with hairdryers. All rooms have heating.The Neguri offers a varied breakfast, and there is a bar.
- Excellent place and excellent staff. We will be back!
- loved the garret room (except for bumping my head!)
- Nice geographical location, helpful staff fluent in English, close parking, large rooms.
The people working at reception were incredibly kind and helpful. We got a lot of information and they were very welcoming
Style of the house is very charming
Parking available, albeit narrow and small
Good free wifi
Nice outdoor porch for sitting on
- Very handy for the Metro into Bilbao, well placed in Getxo….leafy pleasant town. Breakfast looked ok but we went to local cafes out of choice to see the area . Clean , pleasant staff , lots of local info available. Would book again.
Petit Palace Tamarises
One of our top picks in Getxo.Located in Getxo, this boutique hotel is located next to the beach and a 20-minute drive from the main cultural spots in Bilbao, such as the Guggenheim Museum.Rooms at the Petit Palace Tamarises are designed in an avant-garde style and most of them feature fantastic sea views from their own private terraces. All rooms come equipped with free WiFi internet access. Bathrooms feature hydromassage showers.Business meetings or conferences can be organized here in the event halls overlooking the sea.The town of Getxo features 6.2 mi of stunning coastline and picturesque surrounding countryside with forests and rolling hills. It is also a great destination for outdoor pursuits.
- Right across from one of the beaches. Nice breakfast. Great staff. WiFi.
- Great room with awesome view of the ocean! Absolutely blew us away! Staff was very easy to talk to and even though my daughter is fluent in Spanish they spoke English to. Free bicycles available. Right on the coast with walking and bike lanes.
- Not many options for dining and many don’t start serving until 8.or 8.30.pm
- Small but efficient room. Great shower an restroom. Nice breakfast. Great location
- Staff was fantastic room wservered our needs. Shower was the best
Hotel Artaza is set in 46 ft² of parkland and gardens, in the Santa María area of Getxo. The hotel’s popular restaurant serves creative Basque food.Rooms at the hotel are spacious and comfortable. They all have heating and a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi internet and an private bathroom. A buffet breakfast is included.The Artaza has a bar and a terrace. There is also a 24-hour reception desk. Free private parking is available on site.The beaches of Andra Mari are less than 0.6 mi away. There is direct access to Bilbao city center from Neguri Metro Station, 1,650 feet from Hotel Artaza.
- In a lovely building, we chose this hotel for its proximity to the ferry terminal. It has great charm and it must be lovely to eat outside when it’s not raining. The snack bar was busy with local people having lunch when we arrived and we enjoyed some delicious croquettes. The evening meal was excellent. The staff were very helpful and printed out our ferry ticket for us. Breakfast was good. Some reviewers suggested there was no lift but there definitely is.
Near Leioa and Getxo cities
Breakfast included in the price is worthy to pay
Walking distance to urban areas
- Nice location in beautiful building close to Las Arenas and Getxo. Good coffee and snacks.
- Spacious rooms, good breakfast and great location.
Quiet hotel, pleasant view over the park.
Restaurant fixed price menu was good value with limited choice.
Hotel Boutique Bahía de Plentzia
The hotel is located in the center of Plentzia, a traditional coastal town just 16 mi from Bilbao and 9.3 mi from the airport and located very close to Plentzia beach.Plentzia beach is considered one of the best of the Bay of Biscay and offers the option to practice an array of water sports.The establishment with its panoramic views over the Plentzia estuary offers 10 guest rooms and 4 apartments, fully-equipped for your comfort.In addition, there is a restaurant serving traditional cuisine and a coffee shop service overlooking the Paseo de la Ría de Plentzia.
- Location cleanliness & convenience to metro to Bilbao.
- The Staff was really friendly and did everything to meet our needs and really gave us a great experience. Kids loved it and so did we. The staff everywhere were very friendly and helpful.
- It has an excellent central location next to the river. The staff were friendly and helpful.
- Excellent location with lovely views of the river. Rooms very comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly, warm and welcoming.
- Hotel appears to be brand new – well situated in nice village area – near metro for city access – free parking close by –
NH La Avanzada
The modern NH La Avanzada offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and a plasma satellite TV. This designer hotel is in the exclusive Leioa-Getxo district, just a 10 minute drive from Bilbao city center.NH Avanzada’s bright rooms have hardwood floors and colorful, functional design. They all include a minibar and a stylish bathroom with toiletries.La Avanzada’s Txipirón Restaurant features a terrace and serves modern Basque cuisine, including a varied buffet breakfast. There are also various typical tapas bars within a 5 minute walk.The hotel’s tour desk can provide information about the Basque region. NH Avanzada is within a 20 minute walk of Getxo Beach and Abra Marina. Negurí Golf Course is a 10 minute drive away, and BEC Convention Centre is 4 miles away. You can drive to Bilbao Airport in 10 minutes.
Very fast to get to places by car. Easy to find.
Quality of the bed and the room configuration, lots of lamps and modern.
Staff was very helpful and kind.
Parking not too expensive in the hotel garage.
- The price is really attractive – good option for a business trip for a couple of days. Personnel is nice and polite.
- The room was very good, very clean, the bed was a comfortable 6ft. The air conditioning worked very well. The bathroom was stunning.
Large clean room, good sized bathroom with complimentary toiletries. Free parking outside.
A little way outside Getxo but walkable. Nice parks, seafront and pinxtos bars.
- spacious room, nice vibe, nice staff, quiet and comfy.
- Very fast to get to places by car. Easy to find.
This glamorous hotel is located on Getxo’s elegant Paseo Zugazarte. Rooms have a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi and décor inspired by the 1920s. All overlook the sea or hotel garden.Hotel Embarcadero is set in a former Basque mansion in Las Arenas, in the heart of the coastal town of Getxo. There is easy transport to central Bilbao via Gobela and Areeta Metro Stations.Traditional Basque cuisine is served at the Embarcadero’s café-restaurant. There is also a gift shop.Private parking is possible on site at the Embarcadero. Vizcaya Bridge is just 2,650 feet away, while Bilbao Airport lies within 5.6 mi.
- Everyone was very nice. The room was wonderful, comfortable and clean. Transportation was easy. Our second visit and worth the return! They were able to communicate in English well. We are from the USA. The restaurant staff struggled a bit, but we got through it.
- Building, location, sea & port views, Living Room, Service (staff was polite and always available). Room very comfortable. Food in the restaurant excel!
- The staff was kind and helpful in moving us to a nicer room.
Everything was just fine. The style of the hotel interior should give credit to the architect/ interior designer
Service and food excellent
- Great location and beautiful town. We received an upgraded room which was stunning. Really great property with v helpful staff
A refurbished 19th century historical building, located just below the Biscay’s Bridge, considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel offers views of Bilbao’s Estuary, the sea and Bilbao’s Puente Colgante Bridge.The Hotel is well connected and located next to the residential area of Getxo. The train is a 4-minute walk from the hotel and the metro is just 10 minutes’ walk away and takes you to Bilbao center in 15 minutes. The harbor is located 1.2 mi away, the Convention Center is 3.7 mi away and the airport is 7.5 mi away.
- Location for the ferry. Friendly and helpful staff.
- The view from the room of the river and the transporter bridge was spectacular. Onsite parking costs a bit but is secure and in the hotel, rare in this area. Location was great both for the local area and for getting into Bilbao by metro. Breakfast was great the first morning with fresh made omelets but the small staff was overwhelmed by a large group the second day. We ate dinners in the local area and had great food for very reasonable prices. Staff was very nice.
- the view was outstanding, the staff was incredibly helpful. the bathroom was exceptionally clean and up to our standards.. and the safety was comforting.
- Great staff at this hotel that is excellently situated for the Port. Great for accepting dogs and good area for walking. Love this hotel and Bilbao.
- Central location, friendly staff, comfortable & clean rooms
Top Hotels In Berango Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Berango Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Berango Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Berango Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!