10 Best Hotels To Stay In Barros Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Barros Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Barros Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Barros Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Barros Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Barros Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Barros Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Barros Cantabria:
Posada Medieval El Manjon
Featuring a garden and a restaurant, Posada Medieval El Manjon is located in Barros. The property features a terrace, as well as a shared lounge. The property has free WiFi.Guests at the inn can enjoy a continental breakfast.Posada Medieval El Manjon has a playground. Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around Barros, like skiing.Santander is 22 miles from Posada Medieval El Manjon, while Potes is 55 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 21 miles from the property.
Lovely little hotel ,great location just off the A67 1/2 hour from Santander. Perfect for us as a quick stop.over on route to/from the ferry. Lovely clean room and lovely welcoming staff. Parking on site. Restaurant on site and breakfast available for a small fee although we didn’t use so can’t comment.
Would have rated as excellent but for lukewarm hot water. Staff were lovely so sure it would have been sorted had we had more time but we were up early and off on our onward journey.
- Lovely staff, lovely dog! fabulous breakfast and coffee. great sized room and good shower!
- Ideally located off the motorway, beautifully done out
- Very comfortable and warm room. Spotlessly clean. Could not hear the road.
- Location. The hotel had was nice as was the staff.
- Lovely little hotel ,great location just off the A67 1/2 hour from Santander. Perfect for us as a quick stop.over on route to/from the ferry. Lovely clean room and lovely welcoming staff. Parking on site. Restaurant on site and breakfast available for a small fee although we didn’t use so can’t comment.
Palacio Garcia Quijano
This unique hotel is set within 2 emblematic buildings, El Palacio and La Casona, dating back to the 17th century. It offers an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi.Palacio Garcia Quijano features classic rooms with original stone walls and wooden floors. Each room includes a balcony and private bathroom.Located in the heart of Cantabria, Garcia Quijano is only 11 mi from Cabarceno National Park and the Valle del Pas. Guests can rent bicycles to explore the surrounding area.The Garcia Quijano Palace can be found in the green meadows of the Buelna Valley and features beautiful gardens where guests can relax. There is also a lounge with a fireplace, a cafeteria and a library. Santander is 30 minutes’ drive away.
- Very old world hotel with matching furnishings but very comfortable. Room had two large balconies which were good for sitting out. The one staff member on at night was extremely helpful
- The welcome was lovely and information for our stay was clear and concise. The room itself was unbelievably comfortable and spacious. The location was spectacular and although we only booked in for one night en route south, we will return and base ourselves at the hotel to explore further.
- The courtyard was pretty. Rooms were clean and well decorated
- The great and calm garden with swimming pool, fantastic staff
- Comfortable for stopover after arriving at Santander
Hotel del Parque
Set 0.6 mi from Besaya River, Hotel del Parque is located in Los Corrales de Buelna. At the foothills of Saja-Besaya Nature Reserve, the charming hotel offers free Wi-Fi.Each bright room with heating features a TV and telephone. The private bathroom comes with a bathtub and bidet. Towels and bed linen are included.Hotel del Parque is 5 minutes’ walk from a variety of lively bars and restaurants serving local cuisine. The surrounding nature is ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking.The center of Torrelavega is 10 minutes’ drive and Santander is 19 mi from the property. Suances Beach is 25 minutes away by car and Santander Airport is within the same distance.
- It was central within easy walk of shops, bars food etc, room was fine and bed comfy along with good wi fi. A good stop off point out of Santander, if you are heading south Spain or like me Portugal.
- Easy reach of Santander. Very friendly welcome, easy walk to the main street and bars. Good wifi. Reasonably priced for what it is.
- Me gustó mucho el trato del personal, la situación geográfica del hotel, y la limpieza general de la habitación era buena.
El alojamiento está en una zona ideal tanto en el pueblo como para visitar los mejores lugares de Cantabria y porque no también de Asturias.
El trato y la amabilidad de Ernesto (responsable del Hotel) hacen la estancia más agradable. La habitación es confortable y amplia y la pequeña cocina que tiene el hotel y la terraza vienen muy bien para desayunar o sacarte de un apuro en las comidas y cenas.
- Nos encarto la pequeña cocina y su terraza.Muy bien para desayunar y disponías de ella siempre que te apetecía,,el propietario muy agradable,simpatético,,,,recomendable,,,
Gran Hotel Balneario De Puente Viesgo
One of our top picks in Puente Viesgo.Gran Hotel Puente Balneario Viesgo features a luxury spa, fitness center and free parking. It is set in attractive gardens by Cantabria’s River Pas and is 17 mi from Santander.All rooms at the Gran Hotel Puente Viesgo have free WiFi. Each includes cable TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom. Most rooms have air conditioning.The hotel spa offers a range of hydrotherapy treatments, a massage service and flotation pool. It also has a hydro-massage pool, hot tubs and saunas.The Balneario Viesgo is surrounded by hills and forests. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Caves of Monte Castillo is 5 minutes’ drive away and the Cabárceno Natural Park is just 9.3 mi away.The hotel has good access to major roads. These include the E70 and A67 motorways. The hotel has an airport transfer service, available on request.
bedrooms are small but confortable ,
the restaurant is nice and calm
this is a place to rest
- the location is stunning. The complex was very relaxed and the staff attentive and friendly. The food was good. It’s a great place to go for two or three days to unwind, enjoy the spar and Pool
- Beautiful bedroom in the other building. Quiet and very comfortable. Excellent Spa treatments but a bit pricey. Ideal location for the local caves and famous villages. Staff on reception spoke some English. They were all very helpful, professional and cheerful. Very popular with Spanish retired folk.
- This is a really lovely hotel in a beautiful location. We chose it initially as it was the closest to two caves which we wanted to visit. The caves contain some of the world’s oldest cave art and are only a 10 minute drive from the hotel. This hotel is out in the countryside in a small village but is within very easy striking distance of Santander. Would make a great stop off point for those taking the ferry to/from the UK. The hotel had a variety of spa facilities but we didn’t partake of any of those.
- Very nice room. Comfy bed. Great beauty services and thermal facilities. inside and outside pools. Located in a marvelous valley. Great nature surroundings and just +/-20 km from Santander. To repeat for sure.
- bedrooms are small but confortable ,
This modern hotel is located in Torrelavega in Cantabria. It offers a wide range of sports and leisure facilities, including a 1640 ft² fitness center and 2 heated swimming pools.Relax in the Torresport’s impressive spa facility, where you will find steam baths, saunas and a spacious gym. There are experience showers, a hot tub or spa pool. You can even pamper yourself with a massage or beauty treatment available in the center.The restaurant serves a daily buffet breakfast and also offers dinner. There is a café serving snacks and drinks which you can enjoy on the terrace.Hotel Torresport is conveniently located for visiting the region of Cantabria and the rest of Green Spain. It lies just 12 mi outside the regional capital of Santander and features great road connections.Cabarceno Nature Reserve is a 30-minute drive from the hotel, and the Altamira Caves can be reached in 20 minutes by car. The Soplao caves are 1 hour away.
- Close to the Port of Santander if you don’t want to night drive soon after you arrive. Cleanliness was vey good and the staff were helpful and friendly.
- Open to late check-in after long ferry delay. Easy to reach from Santander. Restaurant open till late.
- This was a stop after getting off the ferry in Santander, so I was not expecting too much, however after enduring 20km in a torrential electrical storm and 3 hours late off the ferry I was welcomed dripping into a lovely clean warm hotel at gone midnight, asked if I was hungry-I wasn’t but nice they cared as I looked like a drowned rat.
Satisfactory for a business trip.
Restaurant open late for late flights in
- Very comfortable room, very good well stocked bar, and excellent restaurant. Sports facilities available if you are so minded.
Puerta de Santillana
New and modern 3 star 28 rooms hotel (built in 2005). Our rooms are very comfortable and full of light with a complete luxury bathroom(free toiletry set and hairdryer) all with shower and bathtub. Direct dial telephone and internet access, tv with private channels, central heating/airconditioning system, radio alarm clock, videogames (on demand), mini-bar and safety box. Other services of the hotel are meeting room, breakfast service, parking, and heated outdoor swimming pool with a little and cute solarium.
- Staff is very friendly. Breakfast and a bar is available at petrol station. Despite a dodgy location it is actually very good and at the same time rather cheap.
- Friendly staff great room reasonable price pool was a bonus
- Bien situé pour une étape repos au bord de l’autoroute
- La atencion del personal de recepción y sus recomendaciones.
- Proximidad a lugares de interés y rutas recomendadas por Santi, grandes conocimientos de lugares de la zona.
La Casona de Somahoz
Offering a garden and a terrace La Casona de Somahoz hotel is set in an impressive 17th-century country house located in Somahoz. There is free Wi-Fi throughout.This charming hotel features traditional architecture like exposed wooden beams and stone walls, and combines it with classic and modern décor. The heated rooms offer mountain views and come with a wardrobe, desk, TV, telephone and a private bathroom with a bath and hairdryer.At La Casona de Somahoz you can find a shared lounge and a restaurant serving local traditional cuisine. They have some areas dedicated for wine and food tastings.A 30-minute drive will take you to Santander Airport and Santander city is 26 mi away. Santillana del Mar is 20 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
- Rural location just off motorway and very convenient for Santander port. Owners were charming and the lovely old hotel was spotless. €10 for a very comprehensive breakfast and a pub/restaurant across the street for dinner. We would wholeheatedly recommend.
- We were late arriving as the ferry was 4 hours late at Santander. The hotel was made aware of this. Arrived at 10.15 pm and the owner greeted us and offered us food. We declined as we ate on the ferry knowing we would be late. The accommodation was first class and the breakfast was excellent. Would definitely go back
- The staff were wonderful. The breakfast was above average, the hotel was in a building of interest, and it was very convenient for the Santander ferry port if driving.
- Very friendly and helpful owner who took the time to explain the things to see and do in Cantabria/Asturias. Good location from the Santander ferry. Great room and bathroom in a really interestingly restored old tax collector’s house. Good value restaurant across the road for the evening and a good breakfast to set us up for a day’s exploring.
- This is an amazing place, we loved it. The host is very helpful and there is a nice restaurant across the road, and more restaurants and shops in the next village a kilometre away. The hotel is stunning and the host did everything he could to make our stay comfortable and relaxing.
Aparthotel Playas de Liencres
Located next to the protected Liencres Nature Reserve, this Aparthotel has an indoor pool and a seasonal outdoor pool. Central Santander is just 7.5 mi away.The countryside in the Valle de Pielagos area is characterized by its beaches and cliffs. You can drive to the Cabárceno Nature Reserve in 15 minutes.The complex has 97 apartments, each sleeping up to four guests, and all with full hotel services. Guests can help themselves in the on-site buffet restaurant, which offers panoramic views.The outdoor pool with panoramic views is open from 15 May until 15 September.There is also a children’s playground and entertainment program, which is available from 29 March until 31 March and from 23 June to until 2 September.
- The facilities for the children, specially swiming pool and places for they to play
- There are no vergeterian food options at the restaurant.
- They have a billiard pool and is quite nice to play with the children. The flat is comftable. The staff is very friendly
- The hotel was in beautiful location on top of a hill looking down into a valley and the ocean. It’s a very family focused resort with helpful staff and good value buffet dinner and breakfast. A great place for a family holiday.
- Staff were friendly, hotel was overall very nice BUT…..
This traditional, rustic-style hotel offers an authentic and charming setting in the very heart of Santillana del Mar, few feet from the Plaza Mayor square.The hotel’s interior blends modern comfort with antique-style furnishings. Rooms at Hospederia Santillana also feature rustic décor and wooden beamed ceilings. Each of them has a TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer.Hospederia Santillana allows guests to explore the impressive local coastline and the world-famous Altamira Caves.Outside the hotel you will find a small garden and swimming pool. Free Wi-Fi is also available.
- Central location, no fuss simple place. Been there before.
The lady who greeted us was lovely.
I loved the character of the building, the style of the room, the balcony and the location of the property.
- Loved Juliette balcony and the location of hotel with only a short walk down the cobbled street to the centre but with nearby car park. Great view across fields from hotel to the church of Santillana.
Great location with free parking, the parking space is shared with other lodgings so it’s ‘first come’ but there was space on our trip even though we were a late arrival.
The room (in the roof conversion) was fine and spacious, nice bathroom and shower.
- Location xlnt. A wonderful village to visit & the area is so pretty & green.
B&B El Jardín de Aes
B&B El Jardín de Aes is a renovated 18th-century colonial house, located 1,650 feet from Cantabria’s Puente Viesgo. Set in gardens, it features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.The rustic rooms are heated and feature a TV and wooden floors. Some have wooden beams and a seating area. The private bathroom comes with a shower.Breakfast is available at B&B El Jardín de Aes. There is an outdoor terrace and guests can also relax in the library.Puente Viesgo is known for its cave paintings and thermal spa, as well as many hiking trails. Santillana del Mar and Suances Beach are within a 30-minute drive. Santander Airport is 22 mi away.
- Loved the rooms views. Shower was very good. Lovely people who came and found us when we couldn’t find the place.
- The lady was very sweet but neither she or her husband could speak English . The house is beautiful and the views from the balcony are wonderful . There’s a restaurant along the road which is good . Good for a stop over from Santander.
- Relaxing environment. Scenic views. Great pictures. Awsome service.
- The B&B was located in an attractive rural and mountainous area on a main road and represented very good value for money. There was parking space and the large house had very interesting decor and architecture. The breakfast was good.
- The owner was very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much for her.
Top Hotels In Barros Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Barros Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Barros Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Barros Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!