10 Best Hotels To Stay In Barrika Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Barrika Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Barrika Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Barrika Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Barrika Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Barrika Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Barrika Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Barrika Basque Country:
One of our top picks in Sopelana.Located just 650 feet from Sopelana Beach, Hotel Goizalde features a restaurant and rooms with free Wi-Fi. It is set in a garden, offering lovely sea views.Each room at Hotel Goizalde has simple décor. There is a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.Guests can enjoy a continental breakfast in the Goizalde’s restaurant. Basque cuisine is on offer for dinner.The surrounding region is ideal for surfing, kayaking, hiking and horse riding. The center of Sopelana is just over 0.6 mi away.Bilbao and Barakaldo can be reached in 20 minutes by car. San Sebastián is just over 62 mi from the Goizalde.
- Great location, easy parking, wonderful staff at reception
- The waiter was very kind and helpful. Help with some info about surroundings.
- The manager was nice, he served breakfast everyday. Freshly made coffee and orange juice. The beach nearby is stunning with various surf schools to watch on a sunny day
- Despite my not speaking Spanish my hosts understood my requests and where very helpful.
- the location was great looking out over the sea, room very clean and food very good. great atmosphere relaxed and friendly. on the right side of Bilbao for the airport which was 30 minutes away I would stay there again.
Modus Vivendi is 1,300 feet from Sopelana Metro Station, with trains to Bilbao, 11 mi away. Free WiFi is offered, and it is 1.1 mi to Sopelana Beach.The hotel has a gym and sauna. The tour desk can organize several excursions to the surrounding area.All air-conditioned rooms have satellite TV and wooden floors. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer. Some rooms have a private balcony and hydro-massage bath.There is a bar in the Modus Vivendi Hotel. Shops and restaurants can be found within a short walk of the hotel.
- Staff very helpful. Easy stroll to downtown Sopela and metro to Bilbao. Bakery down the road is awesome.
- Excellent location, easy walk to the Metro, and to the fantastic local beaches, or to nearby shops and restaurants. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly and could speak English to us. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, especially the suite which had a balcony, (which we could use to dry our swimming costumes) and the breakfast provided was delicious. Lovely local bakeries, fruit shops and supermarkets, and a Tourist information centre. Free parking in the streets around. Perfect place to stay to explore Bilbau and the lovely local towns by Metro.
- Great breakfast with lovely fresh products daily .best coffee ever in Spanish hotel .
- The staff were extremely helpful with any enquiries and would recommend for visiting Bilbao
- Great sauna at the hotel, staff was kind and nice.
Petit Palace Tamarises
One of our top picks in Getxo.Located in Getxo, this boutique hotel is located next to the beach and a 20-minute drive from the main cultural spots in Bilbao, such as the Guggenheim Museum.Rooms at the Petit Palace Tamarises are designed in an avant-garde style and most of them feature fantastic sea views from their own private terraces. All rooms come equipped with free WiFi internet access. Bathrooms feature hydromassage showers.Business meetings or conferences can be organized here in the event halls overlooking the sea.The town of Getxo features 6.2 mi of stunning coastline and picturesque surrounding countryside with forests and rolling hills. It is also a great destination for outdoor pursuits.
Bed for my dog.
Space for the bicycle.
Perfect room for our family
- We loved the sea view! Couldn’t get enough of it. Super comfy beds, excellent showers and friendly staff.
- Location, parking just outside which was free, lift, bathroom, beds were comfortable staff please when not on phone
- A great find! Amazing hotel, staff are so friendly and helpful. The room was great , bed was comfortable, room temperature was just right. The bathroom was luxurious and was fully equipped with shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, shaving kit, dental kit, shower cap. Had a great shower and played about with the jets coming out the wall. Great fun! Had a good restful sleep before continuing my journey. Exceeded all expectations.
- Stayed there for a friends wedding with my fiance, really nice hotel.
- Bed for my dog.
Hotel Artaza is set in 46 ft² of parkland and gardens, in the Santa María area of Getxo. The hotel’s popular restaurant serves creative Basque food.Rooms at the hotel are spacious and comfortable. They all have heating and a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi internet and an private bathroom. A buffet breakfast is included.The Artaza has a bar and a terrace. There is also a 24-hour reception desk. Free private parking is available on site.The beaches of Andra Mari are less than 0.6 mi away. There is direct access to Bilbao city center from Neguri Metro Station, 1,650 feet from Hotel Artaza.
- Spacious rooms, good breakfast and great location.
- In a lovely building, we chose this hotel for its proximity to the ferry terminal. It has great charm and it must be lovely to eat outside when it’s not raining. The snack bar was busy with local people having lunch when we arrived and we enjoyed some delicious croquettes. The evening meal was excellent. The staff were very helpful and printed out our ferry ticket for us. Breakfast was good. Some reviewers suggested there was no lift but there definitely is.
Quiet hotel, pleasant view over the park.
Restaurant fixed price menu was good value with limited choice.
Near Leioa and Getxo cities
Breakfast included in the price is worthy to pay
Walking distance to urban areas
- The Hotel in a great spot for exploring both Bilbao and Getxo because the metro was close by. Tha Staff were very helpful and friendly and there was plenty of on site parking.
Hotel Naval Sestao
Hotel Naval Sestao is a modern design hotel 2.5 mi from Bilbao Exhibition Center and 7.5 mi from the famous Guggenheim Museum. There are excellent Metro and bus connections to the city center.The air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Naval Sestao are decorated in soft natural tones and have wooden floors. Each room includes free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a stylish bathroom with a hairdryer.Hotel Naval Sestao has a bright, spacious café with a covered terrace. The elegant restaurant, Bolardo, serves traditional Basque food.The hotel has a quiet location, just 7.5 mi from central Bilbao. Urbinaga Metro Station is a 10-minute walk away and is just 2 stops from the famous Portugalete Suspension Bridge.
Nice comfortable room very basic but for the price I couldn’t complain.
Nice breakfast very good value for money.
We are not familiar with this part of Spain, the Hotel Naval was very very difficult to find.
We drove around late at night from 23.00 hours until 1.15 a.m very tired
- The rooms were very spacious, clean, and comfortable, although there were no coffe/tea making facilities.
- Excellent accommodation and very helpful staff, rooms very generous and beds comfortable, bathrooms excellent size and everywhere exceptionally clean.
- In a slightly eerie industrial area, but this made it more fun. Right in amongst the ship building places. Odd and interesting and highly recommended.
- Nice comfortable room very basic but for the price I couldn’t complain.
Hotel San Jorge
Hotel San Jorge is located in the Basque town of Santurtzi, at the mouth of the Nervión River. It offers free Wi-Fi and rooms with a flat-screen TV.All rooms at the San Jorge feature carpeted floors and are equipped with central heating. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.The hotel serves buffet breakfast. Staff at the 24-hour reception can provide information about what to see and do in Santurtzi and the surrounding area.Bilbao, with its iconic Guggenheim Museum and Palacio Euskalduna, is just 15 minutes’ drive away. Kabiezes Metro Station and a bus stop are just outside the property, connecting guests to Bilbao.
- Perfect location for ferry to Portsmouth. Secure underground parking. Very friendly reception staff
Spacious, clean, excellent breakfast. Also in a good neighbourhood.
Very helpful staff. We stayed here as part of our walk on the Camino del Norte, heading back to Bilbao the next day.
- The hotel is ideally situated for a one night stay before catching the ferry from Bilbao. It ticked all the boxes but you need to know where the parking is.
- The room and bed were very comfortable..The toilets were very clean. On the whole the stay was good. Close to metro. The breakfast was excellent.
- Staff was very helpfull and friendly, everythink was very clean
NH La Avanzada
The modern NH La Avanzada offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and a plasma satellite TV. This designer hotel is in the exclusive Leioa-Getxo district, just a 10 minute drive from Bilbao city center.NH Avanzada’s bright rooms have hardwood floors and colorful, functional design. They all include a minibar and a stylish bathroom with toiletries.La Avanzada’s Txipirón Restaurant features a terrace and serves modern Basque cuisine, including a varied buffet breakfast. There are also various typical tapas bars within a 5 minute walk.The hotel’s tour desk can provide information about the Basque region. NH Avanzada is within a 20 minute walk of Getxo Beach and Abra Marina. Negurí Golf Course is a 10 minute drive away, and BEC Convention Centre is 4 miles away. You can drive to Bilbao Airport in 10 minutes.
- The price is really attractive – good option for a business trip for a couple of days. Personnel is nice and polite.
- The room was very good, very clean, the bed was a comfortable 6ft. The air conditioning worked very well. The bathroom was stunning.
Large clean room, good sized bathroom with complimentary toiletries. Free parking outside.
A little way outside Getxo but walkable. Nice parks, seafront and pinxtos bars.
- spacious room, nice vibe, nice staff, quiet and comfy.
- Staff were extremely helpful and accomadating,rooms were comfortable and clean breakfast better than expected
URH Palacio de Oriol
Located in Santurce, a 10-minute walk from its train station, URH Palacio de Oriol offers soundproofed rooms with air conditioning, heating, and free WiFi.The rooms are equipped with satellite TV, small fridge, and safety deposit box. The private bathroom comes with a bath or a shower. Hairdryer and toiletries are provided.The property’s restaurant specializes in traditional Basque cuisine. It also serves a varied buffet breakfast, including a selection of pastries, cold cuts, fruit, and cereal.The hotel also offers meeting and banquet facilities, as well as laundry services. Private parking is possible for a surcharge.Bilbao can be reached in 15 minutes by car.
- Staff helpful. Room was excellent size and comfortable
- The room and view where good. The restaurant was good and food was good.
- Bed really comfortable and great sized room overall.
- Very convenient location close to ferry port. Large comfortable room. Good restaurant. Large parking garage.
- The breakfast was better the the average in Spain and the asked for ( at the time of booking) 2nd pillows were there as well.
Hotel Mariñerune is a 1-star property located in Mungia. This 1-star hotel offers free WiFi. Rooms are equipped with a terrace.At the hotel, the rooms include a desk and a TV. All guest rooms at Hotel Mariñerune include air conditioning and a closet.Bilbao is 10 miles from the accommodation, while Castro-Urdiales is 29 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 6 miles from the property.
- The hotel is in the center of Mungia, a 10min drive to the airport. There’s lots of bars & restaurants nearby & the town has a good vibe. It’s clean and the room size is decent. The host was very friendly & spoke a little bit English.
- Very friendly, helpful staff. Good value when every other hotelier in the Blibao region was cashing in on the European rugby finals.
- Comfortable rooms. There was easy access to the town and public transportation.
- The staff went out of their way to make this a very comfortable stay. The owner was exceptionally attentive to our needs.
- Very helpful staff, provided secure parking for our motorbikes, re-arranged beds, and agreed to a late check out with no charge.
Ibis Bilbao Barakaldo
The Ibis Bilbao Barakaldo is located 7.5 mi from the center of Bilbao and the famous Guggenheim Museum. This hotel features a restaurant, free parking and rooms with flat-screen TV’s.The air-conditioned rooms at the Ibis are bright and comfortable. Each room has cable TV, a desk and good-value Wi-Fi access.The Ibis Barakaldo serves a daily, continental buffet breakfast. Guests can dine in Brocheta-Bar and make use of the hotel bar, which serves snacks and drinks 24 hours a day.The Ibis is approximately 1.2 mi from the center of Barakaldo and has easy access to the Autovía de Mar Cantábrico Motorway, a 5-minute drive away. Bilbao Airport is a 20-minute drive from the hotel.
- Great location for onward travel to Bilbao Port. Facilities whilst basic were very clean and comfortable. Great sleep on VERY comfortable mattress. Bathroom very clean with great shower. Reception staff very helpful and speak perfect English. Overall good experience. Will definitely use again. Also immediate access to major road networks to Bilbao Port making the short journey a simple task.
- The staff were absolutely wonderful, from the guy behind reception to the waitresses. They could not have done anymore than they did to be helpful whether it was detailed directions to the port or allowing a taster of the various wines on offer before deciding on what to drink or reserving a favourite table in the restaurant.
- Ideal for stopover before catching ferry. Excellent food and friendly staff.
- I am disabled & use a wheelchair, the room we had was excellent for our purpose. We found all the staff eager to help & very friendly, could not have wished for better treatment.
- Good location and hotel for ferry crossing from Bilbao
Top Hotels In Barrika Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Barrika Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Barrika Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Barrika Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!