10 Best Hotels To Stay In Barranca Puntarenas – Top Hotel Reviews
Barranca Puntarenas is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Barranca Puntarenas. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Barranca Puntarenas. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Barranca Puntarenas. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Barranca Puntarenas right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Barranca Puntarenas with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Barranca Puntarenas:
Cabañas Rusticas Aromas
Showcasing an outdoor pool and hot tub, Cabañas Rusticas Aromas is located in Barranca. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a TV with cable channels. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the sea or mountains. The rooms have a private bathroom.There is business center at the property.Jacó is 27 miles from Cabañas Rusticas Aromas, and Tambor is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 28 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica – Puntarenas/All-Inclusive
Located in El Roble, 25 miles from Jacó, DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica – Puntarenas/All-Inclusive features a hot tub and water sports facilities. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Certain rooms have views of the pool or garden.There is a hairdresser’s at the property.You can play tennis, ping-pong, and pool at the hotel. The hotel also provides car rental. Tambor is 27 miles from DoubleTree Resort Hilton Puntarenas, and Monte Verde is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 37 miles from the property.
- The pools and grounds were beautiful, and we actually loved the black volcanic sand beach. My kids had a wonderful time here, and we spent most of it outside. The food was actually pretty good for an all inclusive hotel. The rooms however were super old and cold and wet feeling. We were in building 3, the premium building, and they were still very dirty and torn up. But honestly, the property is why we stayed here and it didn’t disappoint at all!
- The bed was alright, but the property itself was reasonably well maintained.
- We were two months in Costa Rica and this was our only resort. It was beautiful, lovely staff, and great food, wonderful pools. The downside is there is really nowhere to go within walkin distance, although we found a nice natural beach about 2km called Dona Anna and that was a nice place to go to…saw lots of monkeys there. The beach at El Roble is not very walkable as it is on such a slant given the riptide. I did not go into the water, although I swam at ten other beaches and am a very good swimmer. The ocean is a muddy brown at this point. I did not feel safe given the riptide and wonder if the kayaks ever get used given the riptide. The resort itself is fantastic and feels like a tropical oasis.
- The layout of the hotel makes it easy to navigate the property. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
- Beds and linen were lovely , food was amazing . Best fruit I have ever tasted
Puerto Azul Resort & Club Nautico
One of our top picks in Puntarenas.Located right on the Pacific Ocean in Puntarenas, this hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool, plus a sailing club and sports facilities. Puerto Azul Resort y Club Nautico also boasts free breakfast.Each room here comes equipped with a flat-screen TV and a private terrace. The apartments have a full kitchen, plus a seating and dining area.Guests enjoy international cuisine at the on-site restaurant, and there are 2 major supermarkets located within a 5-minute drive. There is also an on-site bar.Puerto Azul Resort y Club Nautico has extensive conference facilities, and also offers a children’s playground and volleyball courts.Isla Tortuga Island is a 35-minute drive from the property, while guests can reach Puntarenas Airport in a 120 minute drive.
- Good bathroom and well designed for my disabled wife. Also good accessibility from the car park.
- It is difficult for us to review this hotel, because we had to change the room. After changing the room the stay was great. We got an upgrade, a big brand new apartments in the new nice building, with great views.
- You next to next to the marina so viewing the boats were great. The bar and the restaurant were great and staff were help full. The site was very secure. The whole place was spotless
- Beautiful rooms, free breakfast, friendly staff, near the beach
- We got a free upgrade which was much appreciated. Stayed in a beautifully fitted out two bedroom aircondioned apartment. It was 5 star and a pleasant change to our usual 3 star. Would highly recommend it. X
Hotel Mar y Mar
Showcasing an outdoor pool and views of the sea, Hotel Mar y Mar is located in Puntarenas in the region of Puntarenas, just 28 miles from Jacó. The hotel has a terrace and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.Each room has a flat-screen TV. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. All rooms come with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Montezuma is 29 miles from Hotel Mar y Mar, and Tambor is 24 miles from the property. Tambor Airport is 22 miles away.
- Very cute property. Exactly like it is in the photos. Everyone was very helpful although not much to no English lol but were very helpful. Very friendly. Food was great to. Only small thing that wasn’t great is the water was cold for shower but other than that I was happy. Thank you for the stay😊
- Personnel were extremely helpful and understanding, I loved them
- Nice property with all you need, cozy rooms, small pool, beach front, minimarket next door
- The adjoining store and restaurant provided exactly what we needed, without getting back into our car! The motel itself is super clean, well designed, beds were comfy….although the pillows were a bit too firm. We really enjoyed relaxing on the beach across the street, on which they provide tables and chaise loungers. It’s a treat!
- Hotel is quaint and clean. Owner really takes pride. Not expecting such a nice little hotel in Puntareanas.
Hotel Villas Posada del Sol
Located in Esparza in the region of Puntarenas, 25 miles from Jacó, Hotel Villas Posada del Sol features an outdoor pool, year-round outdoor pool and terrace. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some units have a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of coffee while looking out at the pool or garden. Every room comes with a private bathroom.Alajuela is 30 miles from Hotel Villas Posada del Sol, and Monte Verde is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 30 miles from Hotel Villas Posada del Sol.
- The pool was nice and the rooms are large and well appointed; an easy stroll into the town.
- Location was what we prefer, off beaten path and in a neighborhood,
- close to route 606 which is the rode to Monteverde
Lovely place, quiet, and relaxing
Looking forward to our next stay
- 20min from Puntarenas and 1h from the International Airport
Hotel Puntarenas Beach
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and an outdoor pool, Hotel Puntarenas Beach offers accommodations in Puntarenas. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a TV. All rooms include a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hotel. The hotel also provides car rental. Jacó is 28 miles from Hotel Puntarenas Beach, and Montezuma is 27 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 43 miles from the property.
- Puntarenas is not really the place where you stay a few nights to enjoy beach life but it comes in handy if you want take the ferry to Paquera.
- Nothing to be honest – Alan at the front desk was very pleasant
- Excellent location for the price, ocean front, everything is right in front of you. They should have their own beach umbrellas for guests right on the beach. Family oriented, the restaurant is great also.
The opportunity for horseback riding, zip lining, and other outdoor activities. My desire for scuba diving was fulfilled.
I also liked the hotel’s commitment to good environmental practices.
- Air conditioner worked well. Breakfast was delicious! Attached Seafood restaurant was some of the best food I had in Costa Rica. Swimming pool was fun for the kids.
Hotel y Restaurante Costa del Sol
Hotel y Restaurante Costa del Sol is located in Mata de Limón, just 22 miles from Jacó. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a TV with satellite channels. Each room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.Montezuma is 31 miles from Hotel y Restaurante Costa del Sol, and Tambor is 26 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 24 miles from Hotel y Restaurante Costa del Sol.
- Beautiful location on a lagoon with lots of birds and fish. Hotel had great seafood restaurant had the freshest fish, shrimp and lobster there. Owners from Croatia everything super clean. Owners drove us to harbor where we boarded Windstar cruise and did not charge us.
- Wonderful location, friendly staff, very clean room, excellent breakfast
- The room was large, the location great, the food excellent, and the hosts friendly and helpful.
This was a wonderful find. (Car necessary) Situated by an attractive lagoon in an ordinary village, this hotel was well away from the tourist areas. Bright, clean and airy. We had lovely clean rooms with balconies overlooking the lagoon, perfect for birdwatching. Comfortable beds.
Service was mostly very pleasant. Food was good although most people who rave about it tend to eat the fish or lobster from the tanks, which we didn’t. Excellent value bed and breakfast. Some rooms only have windows onto the corridor so avoid those.
- The owners and staff were incredible! The personal connection we felt during our stay was very appreciated! We even got a ride from one of the owners on his day off to get to our ship! Hospitality to the MAX!
Cabinas Dormi Bene
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Cabinas Dormi Bene offers pet-friendly accommodations in Miramar, just 28 miles from Fortuna. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. All rooms have a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monte Verde is 16 miles from Cabinas Dormi Bene, and Montaña Grande is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 37 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
One of our top picks in Puntarenas.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Alamar offers accommodations in Puntarenas. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play ping-pong at this hotel, and car rental is available. Jacó is 29 miles from Hotel Alamar , and Montezuma is 27 miles from the property. Tambor Airport is 20 miles away.
- I can not think of one thing I liked about this roach coach hotel.
- No restaurants open in the area past 8:30 -staff did not tell us that. When we came down for supper the restaurant was closed- as was all the other restaurants in the area. Very poor!
- Right across from beach where there were many street food vendors. Restaurant was good. Bartender made some very good cocktails.
- Eifache Unterkunft an guter Lage für weiter reise. Preis_Leistung ja so weit gut.
- Die Lage des Hotels ist super. Das Frühstück war sehr üppig und vielseitig. Sehr nettes Personal.
Hotel Oasis del Pacifico
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Puntarenas in the region of Puntarenas, 28 miles from Jacó, Hotel Oasis del Pacifico features an outdoor pool and year-round outdoor pool. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a flat-screen TV. Views of the sea, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Montezuma is 27 miles from Hotel Oasis del Pacifico, and Tambor is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- Notthing tgey rent swimming pool to the public, it was so crowded.
- The pool was decent, but, way too busy (it’s a public pool).
- Good hotel for one night. Location was good for me, close to the busstation and beach. 5 min away from Ferry harbor to Paquera/playo naranjo. My bed was OK!
- El precio es adecuado, la ubicación muy buena si quieres estar en el centro de puntarenas
- Fantástico todo muy limpio el personal muy amable excelente ubicación . Me encanto . Volvería al lugar
Top Hotels In Barranca Puntarenas Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Barranca Puntarenas to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Barranca Puntarenas but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Barranca Puntarenas. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!