10 Best Hotels To Stay In Bárcena Mayor Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Bárcena Mayor Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Bárcena Mayor Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Bárcena Mayor Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Bárcena Mayor Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Bárcena Mayor Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Bárcena Mayor Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Bárcena Mayor Cantabria:
Posada Reserva Verde
Posada Reserva Verde offers accommodations in Bárcena Mayor’s Old Town. This recently renovated sixteenth century building has a large living room area with a fireplace and a shared lounge with a TV.The stylish rooms are decorated with a delicate palette and come with flat-screen TV.The property has a seasonal terrace and an à la carte restaurant where dinner is served. Home made breakfast is also available.Alto Campoo Ski Resort is 33 mi from the property. Santander is 44 mi from Posada Reserva Verde, while Potes is 57 mi away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 45 mi from the property.
- Amazing place, wish I could be there more. The hosting was great, the location, the room. everything.
This cozy posada, set in the sleepy historic village of Barcena Mayor is like a real home away from home with warm, comfortable interiors and lovely country style decor. The owners, Umberto and Charo are incredibly welcoming and nothing is ever too much trouble.
You can tell by how they explain where they have sourced their products from, that they really care about provenance. They have found a lot of local foods and items that will anyone’s stay with them even better. Don’t miss their food either, their menu, although simple, is of a very high quality, local and the flavours are wonderful.
The Posada Reserva Verde will definitely become a regular for us when we need to switch off and unwind from our city lives!
- Charo y Humberto, los propietarios, son encantadores, nos hemos sentido muy a gusto, la única pega que eran camas de matrimonio y nosotros éramos amigos, el trato exquisito y la comida fantástica. MUY RECOMENDABLE
- Excelente el trato de los propietarios, Humberto y Charo, y lo principal, muy detallistas a nivel personal. Nos han hecho sentir como en nuestra casa. La casa muy acogedora y confortable. Limpieza. La ubicación del pueblo y de la casa. El desayuno estupendo, todo fresco y casero, todo preparado cuidadosamente igual que las cenas, con productos muy frescos y bien seleccionados.
- Humberto y Charo los dueños nos hicieron la estancia muy agradable, en un sitio inolvidable. Muchas gracias por vuestra hospitalidad. Posada muy recomendable.
Casona Camino Real De Selores
Located in the Cantabrian countryside, Casona Camino Real de Selores is a restored 17th-century manor house. Surrounded by gardens, it offers a traditional restaurant, free Wi-Fi and free private parking.The Casona Camino Real combines original features with unique modern design. Themed around a different color, each spacious room has a flat-screen TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom.The Camino Real’s rustic-style restaurant serves Spanish cuisine, including homemade pastries for breakfast. The guest house also has a tour desk and a gift shop.Casona Camino Real is just 16 mi Comillas Beach, on the beautiful Costa Verde. Santander is a 40-minute drive away.
- Only around an hour from Santander, just far enough to travel when you get off the boat late. It has character and all the rooms were individually furnished and very comfortable. The staff were pleasant but seemed to flap because they could not speak English and we have little Spanish but we managed. Turned out there was no electricity the following morning and they were trying to let us know ?. They actually managed the planned power cut really well and we all managed to have a good breakfast by candle light. Safe Parking at the back of the hotel.
Diego was an absolute star . The hotel is unique in the best possible way .
Lovely restaurant .
The Rain Gin was the icing on the stay .
- The rooms are beautiful, a treat for the senses. Out of this world, quirky, imaginative and tasteful. Very special.
- EVERYONE CHARMING. EVEN CAME OUT ON TO THE ROAD TO GUIDE US IN. OUR SAT NAV GOT US ALMOST THERE BUT WE NEEDED HELP FOR THE LAST QUARTER OF A MILE. SUITE COMFORTABLE AND DECOR DELIGHTFUL. GARDENS BEAUTIFUL. LOVELY SOFT JAZZ PLAYING IN THE BAR…WE ATE FROM THE A LA CARTE MENU. SHARED WARM FISH SALAD WITH CHEESE SAUCE. ALSO SHARED DELICIOUS TBone STEAK..OVER A KILO! WE ATE IN THE FIRST DINING ROOM WHICH IS SMALLER. AND MORE INTIMATE. WE HAD A VERY GOOD BREAKFAST IN THE LARGER DINING ROOM. THE STAFF MADE OUR TWO LITTLE DOGS VERY WELCOME. OUR FERRY WASN’t UNTIL THE EVENING SO WE SPENT A VERY PLEASANT DAY INTHE GARDEN AND LOOKING AT THE VILLAGE. SO NEAR SANTANDER…A JOY. THE ROOMS HAVE ALL BEEN DESIGNED INDIVIDUALLY…..AS WE WILL CERTAINLY RETURN WITH FRIENDS WE LOOKED AT ANOTHER SUITE. THIS HOTEL IS A CREDIT TO THE FAMILY WHO OWN IT.
- Comfortable bed in a large room. Delicious breakfast brought to the room.
Bright, heated rooms at Posada Ormas are set in charming country houses with a central patio. Alto Campoó Ski Slopes are just 30 minutes’ drive from Ormas.Individually decorated rooms feature exposed stone walls and colorful finishes. Each one includes a flat-screen TV and a bathroom with free toiletries and a hairdryer.Posada Ormas has a shared lounge area, as well as a furnished porch and terrace with many colorful plants. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.The on-site restaurant and bar offers traditional Spanish cuisine. Reinosa is a 15-minute drive from the guest house and also has a selection of dining options.Free private parking is available on site, and there are also ski storage facilities. Staff can help to arrange car rental or shuttle services and can provide tourist information.
- Third time we have stayed here in quiet beautiful rural location.fantastic rooms,decor,food from such a good value for money varied menu.hard to beat!
- The welcome & helpful staff were brilliant for our late arrival due to ferry docking late,the room was very spacious & spotlessly clean, dogs were also welcomed the owner let them off their leads in the entrance brilliant!!! The restaurant & choice on the menu fantastic our 2nd visit to this fantastic posada.
- Lovely alpine setting. Friendly welcome for us and our dog. Lovely big room newly decorated. Our second stay here.
- Hosts were so helpful and we think their breakfast prices are far too cheap. Can’t fault this posada and will return whenever we are in the area.
Our boat was delayed and I advised the Posada and they beautifully left a light delicious supper and bottle of wine in our room.
Stunning location, beautifully renovated property with very helpful staff.
We hope to return
Hotel Spa Casona La Hondonada
Hotel Spa Casona La Hondonada features a spa, restaurant and air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. Set in a 17th century Cantabrian house in Terán de Cabuérniga, it is located within a nature reserve.Each room is decorated individually and with rustic finishes. Rooms include a TV, safe, and a modern bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some have a a hydromassage bath.The on-site restaurant serves traditional dishes and also has a bar. There is a guest lounge with a fireplace, as well as a furnished porch.Comillas and San Vicente de la Barquera are both 30 minutes’ drive away on the Cantabrian Coast. Free private parking is offered at the property.
The peace: everything very hushed and tranquil: reception, lounge, restaurant, room: staff spoke softly.
The customer attention- from reception staff, bar staff, restaurant staff
The standard of the food
The comfort of the bed
The spa bath
The really really really excellent massage- WONDERFUL
Bañera hidromasaje de gran tamaño.
Muy buen desayuno tipo buffet.
Restaurante propio recomendado.
Hilo musical en la habitacion.
Spa Privado bien equipado
- Habitacion limpia y bonita,el personal muy amable,un lugar para relajarse sobre todo si accedes al spa que es una pasada
- La cama y la almohada eran comodísimas!! El personal es muy atento y muy amable.
Espectacular el hotel, atención, emplazamiento, personal…
Todo perfecto!! Ya estamos planeando volver
- The peace: everything very hushed and tranquil: reception, lounge, restaurant, room: staff spoke softly.
Posada La Casona De Ucieda
Offering rustic-style rooms set in a renovated 17th century house, Posada La Casona De Ucieda is located in the Cantabrian town of Ucieda. The surrounding Saja-Besaya Nature Reserve offers a peaceful environment.Painted in bright colors, the rooms feature wooden finishes and ceiling beams. Each one is heated and has a private bathroom with a shower. The property also has a public lounge area and free Wi-Fi is available throughout.There are restaurants and shops within a 5-minute drive of the guest house. While in the area you will be able to try its famous Mountain Stew.Hiking and cycling are possible in the picturesque forests and mountains which surround Posada La Casona De Ucieda. It is also only a 30-minute drive to the coast, with Comillas and San Vicente de la Barquera both under 19 mi away. Santander Airport is a 45-minute drive.
- very friendly, very clean, lovely area, english speaking host who was most helpful, restaurant and small shop in the village
- El trato de ls anfitriones. La libertad que te dejan (estas como en casa, pudiendo hacer uso de la cocina, comedor como gustes), casa antigua restaurada, disponen de multitud de infusiones de calidad que puedes utilizar cuando desees
- Genial el alojamiento, el dueño encantador y muy atento, el lugar nos ha encantado y volveremos a ir, se hizo corto y se estuvo genial.
- En principio la ubicación. Y por supuesto la amabilidad del gerente,que aún estando recién operado,nos trató con muchísima eficiencia
- La cama comodísima; la habitación amplia; con un restaurante justo enfrente de la casita para comer o cenar, en un entorno estupendo y de naturaleza espectacular. Los dueños muy amables y el desayuno estupendo en relación calidad – precio.
Posada Rural La Flor Del Nogal
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Posada Rural La Flor Del Nogal offers accommodations in Ruente. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer. Daily cleaning service is provided.There is a tour desk at the property.The hotel also offers bike hire. Santander is 27 mi from Posada Rural La Flor Del Nogal, while Llanes is 27 mi away. Santander Airport is 25 mi from the property.
- Very clean and fresh rooms and bathroom. Friendly, helpful staff all were willing to accommodate us even with different breakfast requests. Owners were more than happy to help with giving directions and advise about places of interest and places to visit. Area was a bikers paradise.
- Una experiencia increíble, trato súper cercano, la habitación súper acogedora y que decir del restaurante magnifico ? y el desayuno que incluye una maravilla
- Habitacion comoda y amplia. Buena limpieza y servicio. Los dueños atentos a darte información sobre los alrededores. Desayuno completísimo.
- El trato inmejorable asi como la limpieza. El.restaurante tambien supero nuestras espectativas.
- Posiblemente una de las casas rurales más bonitas en la que hemos estado, preciosas habitaciones y el baño muy grande y bien decorado. La cama muy cómoda y el restaurante de abajo muy acogedor. El desayuno a la carta
La Casa de las Brujas
Offering an outdoor pool, sauna and restaurant, La Casa de las Brujas is located in Barrio. The property features a garden and terrace. Free Wi-Fi access is available throughout.Including wooden ceiling beams, all rooms are equipped with a seating area. Each has a bathroom with either a spa bath, bathtub or shower. Some rooms include a TV and fireplace. A shared lounge with TV is available.La Casa de las Brujas is a 10-minute drive from the ski resort of Alto Campóo. Reinosa with bars and restaurants is 3.7 mi away. Santander Airport is 34 mi away.
- The staff is really nice and the SPA is a Super PLUSS!!
- La Casa de las Brujas was just a great property to stay in & we had the place to ourselves. The room we had was tastefully decorated & was very comfortable. There’s a nice pool area but we didn’t get to use it as the weather was a bit cool, would be great in the summer months.
- We had to communicate via booking .com but that was no problem. We were late arriving due to a late ferry but the gentleman was brilliant and left us bread, cheese and ham. I had a broken ankle and was given a suitable room and when we paid the bill they would not charge for the food. We will stay again it was great.
- Beautiful location, absolutely rural and quiet. Attractive rooms. Good facilities
The accommodation is situated in a small hamlet not too far from main transport routes and is not your typical impersonal chain hotel. All rooms are different and quirky in a nice way. We stayed only one night on our journey south, but it would make a good base if you were exploring region.
Staff were very helpful and welcoming.
Featuring free Wi-Fi and a garden including barbecue, Posada Trisileja is located in Cos in northern Spain and is 11 mi from the coast. It is 26 mi from Santander Airport.This country house offers double or twin bedrooms with individual heating, TV and private bathroom including hairdryer and free toiletries. Rooms offer guests a mountain view and include a wardrobe.Posada Trisileja offers guests a shared kitchen and dining room. Other facilities include tourist information, luggage storage and laundry service.Posada Trisileja guest house is located 9.3 mi from the coastal town of Comillas and 11 mi from Sierra del Escudo de Cabuérniga Mountain Range. Saja-Besaya Nature Reserve is 6.2 mi away.
Excellent host Adelina and her husband. Very friendly, efficient and attentive to guests
Included breakfast was all that we needed
Feels like home. This is more like a bed and breakfast than a hotel
- The real Spanish experience but the best thing was the amazing breakfast
- Excellent place for the money, and a great base to explore all of Cantabria if you have a car. Cos is a beautiful village and Posada is in a beautiful older house in the middle of the village. We were welcome despite we arrived around 11pm and the landlady was very helpful with all information we may have needed. She only spoke Spanish though so we had to use online translator. It was obvious she loves the Posada and her guests receive a great care and she can give you a lot of tips what to do and see. You may not even bring any travel guide with you.
- Beautiful lication fantastic room very friendly hosts
- The proprietor was fantastic, did everything to accommodate our needs
- Excellent host Adelina and her husband. Very friendly, efficient and attentive to guests
Hotel Villa Liguardi
Featuring impressive views of the Alto Campoo Valley, Hotel Villa Liguardi is located 1.6 mi from Espinilla. Surrounded by a forest, this adults-only hotel offers ski storage and free WiFi.Each stylish room features individually designed décor, and includes a flat-screen TV and heating. There is a private bathroom with free toiletries. Suites also offer either mountain views or a spa bath.The breakfast is homemade with local products. Hiking and horse riding are popular in the surrounding countryside, and bike rental is available.Hotel Villa Liguardi also has a shared lounge area with a library, and a 24-hour reception.Santander is an hour’s drive from the hotel and the Ebro Reservoir is 9.3 mi away.
Las habitaciones fabulosas
La atención del personal excepcional
El entorno ideal para hacer senderismo , montaña ….
- Hotel muy cuidado, todo ordenado y limpio, era como estar en casa, además de un ambiente muy relajado. La habitación cumplía su función, con una cama muy cómoda. La atención por parte de Victor y Javier, excelente, de 10.
- La ubicación, la casa es preciosa, comoda, decorada fabulosamente, con un desayuno casero riquísimo y un trato exquisito por parte de nuestros anfitriones. Siempre que volvamos a la zona, nos alojaremos aquí sin duda.
- Nos sorprendió muchísimo la limpieza u el trato personal que nos dispensaron. El desayuno muy completo y las habitaciones un 10!
- El lugar muy tranquilo, en plena naturaleza. Un hotel con mucho gusto. La atención del personal muy cercana y profesional.
- Las habitaciones fabulosas
El Rincón de Doña Urraca
Set in extensive gardens, this charming rustic hotel is located in the village of Cotillo, in Cantabria’s Anievas Valley. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking and a 24-hour reception.Heated rooms at Hotel-Posada El Rincón de Doña Urraca feature wooden floors and mountain view. Each has a TV and private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries. Some have a balcony and hydro-massage shower.Breakfast is available in the hotel’s country-style restaurant. There is also a bar and a lounge with a fireplace.Luggage storage is offered and the Rincón de Doña Urraca has a tour desk. The A67 motorway is a 10-minute drive away and Santander Airport is 31 mi away.
- We booked two nights but we stayed three nights at this charming little hotell. I hope to come back in the future, love it. If you want to relax from everything go here. We spent two weeks in Cantabria/Asturia and the best food we was served here.
- Gorgeous location in pretty hamlet, beautiful views from balcony, magnificent property, warm welcome, excellent food (evening meal and breakfast). Highly recommended.
I Spend 14 days with them. In every aspect was great. Every detail is very important for them. Attention can not be better is just a great experience.
A great concept done by a hard working couple.
Congratulations, see you soon.
- Absolutely everything, can’t tell how much we were charmed by this property and its owner it’s perfect in every way, I really can’t think of anything to fault. The location was beautiful hamlet, the property was beautifully restored with very tasteful interior design , attention to detail was shown everywhere. The service provided by Alfredo was 6star very professional a lovely quiet gentleman who seemed to be able to cater for everything you needed before you knew you needed it. Yolanda provided some excellent food not only was the presentation top notch it tasted amazing too! Fantastic value for money for the quality you receive.
Very nice conversion on an old farm, with some interesting features.
Great place if you want to get away from it all.
Nice quiet surroundings -very peaceful.
A warm welcome from the host
Top Hotels In Bárcena Mayor Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Bárcena Mayor Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Bárcena Mayor Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Bárcena Mayor Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!