10 Best Hotels To Stay In Balk Friesland – Top Hotel Reviews
Balk Friesland is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Balk Friesland. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Balk Friesland. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Balk Friesland. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Balk Friesland right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Balk Friesland with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Balk Friesland:
Showcasing a terrace and views of the city, HCR Teernstra is located in Balk in the region of Friesland, just 23 miles from Leeuwarden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms have a flat-screen TV and DVD player. The rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a shops at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and fishing. The hotel also provides bike rental. Giethoorn is 23 miles from HCR Teernstra, and Lelystad is 27 miles from the property. Groningen Eelde Airport is 45 miles away.
- A very tiny hotel in Balk with 6 rooms. Nice staff who kindly helped us store our bikes in a nearby storage shed. Table service breakfast included in the price.
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere, staff amazing, food outstanding, great choice of bread rolls at breakfast. Although booked bed and breakfast they provided picnic lunch baskets for daily trips Fantastic location alongside the canal with a seating area for patrons and the general public, lots of little interesting shops, restaurants and bars. Everyone greets you in Friesland so be prepared to respond. A must – rent a boat for the day and travel the beautiful canals, through woods and lakes.
- Good price, good location, friendly stuff, pleasant restaurant
Convenient location, right across a bus stop. Situated beside the canal.
Friendly staff. Included breakfast which is a good meal – bread, peanut butter, butter, eggs, bacon, cheese, coffee, juice, fresh fruits, yogurt and more.
The breakfast was amazing. Fresh bread, croissants, suikerbrood.
Yoghurt, eggs, cheese, ham. It was lovely.
Staff was very friendly.
Herberg Boswijck is located in Wijckel, just 23 miles from Leeuwarden. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Giethoorn is 22 miles from Herberg Boswijck, and Lelystad is 26 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 43 miles from the property.
- Warm welcome, spacious room, tea/coffee maker, wonderful breakfast and last but not least- reasonable price!
- Speak to the owner and anything is possible. Very positive vibes. B&B is spacious and is very well located. Given the soft transformation of the place it can only become nicer.
- Hele aardige mensen met een persoonlijke benadering. Ze dachten mee over ons verblijf en uitjes in de omgeving. Ruime kamer, heerlijk schoon. Lekker ontbijt. Ik zou zo terug gaan!
- Die Gastgeber sind äußerst freundlich und herzlich!
- De kamers waren super ruim, het ontbijt uitgebreid en de gastvrouw enorm vriendelijk! Is voor herhaling vatbaar.
Located in Sloten, 22 miles from Leeuwarden, Hotel Stedswal features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.You will find a shared lounge at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Giethoorn is 21 miles from Hotel Stedswal, and Lelystad is 27 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- Quirky interior and layout proved a big hit with our party of seven guests , excellent breakfast . secure parking for our motorcycles and a wonderful place to stay . I think we may be returning to Hotel Stedswal again at some point in the future
The breakfast was beyond all expectations. Really great.
The room was comfy.
Small-scale hotel, with a really personal approach by the hosts.
In a beautiful location along the canal in the cute city center.
- Complementary wine provided in our room. Lovely Dutch building. Friendly helpful and welcoming hosts. Beautiful town
- Very warm reception, Marcella and Epko are wonderful, attentive hosts. Very abundant breakfast, and a comfortable dining room and outdoors eating area. Sloten is a beautiful, fairy-tale like ancient ‘staad’ and a great base to explore the region.
- Everything was really good. The room was clean and cosy, the breakfast was very delicious and the location was just perfect for me!
This former farmhouse from 1885 is situated in a peaceful setting, a 5 minute drive from Balk. Landgoed Welgelegen has a spa area with sauna, solarium and range of massage treatments.Landgoed Hotel Welgelegen offers rooms and with a TV and a bathroom with a shower or jacuzzi bathtub. Some rooms are equipped with antique furnishings, others have a more modern lay-out.The restaurant at Hotel Welgelegen serves international cuisine and Frisian inspired dishes. The hotel also features a cozy lounge and a terrace with views of the countryside.The nearest bus stop is 1,300 feet from Welgelegen. Guests can use the bike rental and packed lunch services when exploring the local area. Private parking is available on site.
- The property is near a quiet small town Balk with canal and surrounding nature area.
- Extremely kindness of the staff with reference to our late arrival for breakfast and as a result of that our checkout time>
warm welcome by friendly and responsive staff;
nice atmosphere , the premises is a former Frisian style farm, with original decoration and ceilings in the living room, now the nice bar/restaurant
for supper we enjoyed nice buffet in the old stable area .
At walking distance to nearby small city of Balk in s-w of Friesland (one of the 11 cities of the 200km Ice skating route in wintertime.) classic Bike/- Car rental, opposite the facilities. For (motor)bikers, lockable garages are available.
- Alles was goed, maar bovenaan blijft staan: de warme ontvangst!
Prachtige locatie, mooi gebouw van buitenzijde en algemene ruimtes.
Fijn ontbijt in mooie ruimte met prachtig uitzicht. Vriendelijke dame bij receptie en ontbijt.
Hotel Restaurant Boschlust
This cozy family hotel, located in the beautiful countryside of Gaasterland, offers everything you need for an unforgettable vacation in Friesland.The hotel has 40 beds, divided over spacious single, double, triple and quadruple rooms – all of which are equipped with modern facilities and warmly decorated. The suites have a private terrace or balcony.Both the terrace and restaurant are popular venues for a light snack or quality meal. The picturesque surrounding countryside offers a relaxing environment for walking and biking.
Large light airy room.
Great outside terrace and good beer
- Cozy and tidy, we really enjoyed our night in Oudemirdum. Super friendly staff and very good breakfast.
- Het ontbijt was prima, het diner ‘s avonds was uitstekend tegen een redelijke prijs
het hotel lag vlak bij de startlocatie van de wandeltocht
je kon gratis parkeren
het hotel was goed met het openbaar vervoer te bereiken (130 meter vanaf de bushalte)
- Het ontbijt was perfect. Ik ging al voordat je kon ontbijten weg en kreeg een lunchpakket als ontbijt mee. Heb nog nooit zo’n pakket meegekregen. Ik ben ‘s-avonds naar hotel terug gegaan want ik was nog niet uitgecheckt. Geen enkel probleem van gemaakt. Heb daar ‘s-avonds nog heerlijk diner gehad en daarna pas alles afgerekend. Echt een aanrader!!
- Large light airy room.
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Hotel Jans offers accommodations in Rijs. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Enjoy a cup of tea from your terrace or balcony. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.A variety of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. The hotel also provides bike rental. Leeuwarden is 26 miles from Hotel Jans, and Giethoorn is 26 miles from the property. Groningen Eelde Airport is 48 miles away.
- Superb restaurant and dinner, excellent staff and vey enjoyable stay. Would have preferred better wifi connection in room but it was just possible to connect.
- Welcoming staff and always ready to help and facilitate. The food was well prepared. Good place for a quite break
- very nice and friendly people and a nice spot. we felt very welcome
- Very welcoming staff and they serve very good food.
- Ich war bereits mehrfach in dem Hotel und bin von der Lage, der familiären Atmosphäre und dem tollen Essen immer wieder begeistert.
Galamadammen Hotel Jachthavens
Hotel Galamadammen has a unique location along the water of the Frisian lakes and offers spacious guest rooms. The restaurant has unique harbor views. Guests have free Wi-Fi.The restaurant serves a variety of meals. When weather is nice, guests can have a refreshing drink on the waterside terrace and watch boats sail by.The sauna and swimming pool offer a relaxing setting after a busy day. Kids can have hours of fun with the ping-pong table.Hotel Galamadammen is in between the Frisian lakes, 2 miles from the Gaasterland Forests. Villages like Stavoren, Workum and Hindeloopen are a 15 minute drive away.
- Very nice hotel, next to a lake. Never traveled this part of Holland before. Very nice 2 nights getaway. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and the dinner at the restaurant also excellent. Very nice swimming pool. Huge room with a nice terasse.
- Easy going to check (very organized) in and that the food in the evening was very good (excellent). We really enjoyed the personal sauna and pool and atmosphere which we had to ourselves for 1 hour at a fair rate.
- Great service, super friendly staff and great accommodation.
- Fantastic hotel. Great location….great staff….great food. Just great !
- Fabulous quiet location , rooms while a little dated are a great size and very comfortable .
Hotel Gast Inn Workum
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the river, Hotel Gast Inn Workum is located in Workum in the region of Friesland, just 22 miles from Leeuwarden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.You will find a tour desk at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and fishing. The hotel also provides bike rental. Terschelling is 28 miles from Pension Gast Inn Workum, and Den Helder is 28 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 49 miles from Hotel Gast Inn Workum.
proximity to the harbour
views on historic shipyard
proximity to countryside
tasty breakfast (good quality ingredients)
- The welcome was friendly and efficient, breakfast unfailingly delicious, and the owner was very helpful, particularly in finding a garage to repair a slow puncture on the afternoon we arrived. Location is superb, right next to the harbour.
- Very friendly host, spoke several languages and very helpful
- Location on canal at a lock- very picturesque. Nice small town with lots of places to cycle to. Do NOT miss the museum it is SUPERB and I really dont like museums much.
- Good location, personal very friendly! Breakfast was really good and also the bathroom was very clean and quite big.
- proximity to the harbour
Hotel St. Nicolaasga
St. Nicolaasga offers spacious rooms, a bright restaurant and a cosy lounge with fireplace. Enjoy this peaceful location amidst the Frisian Lakes.
This boutique hotel is surrounded by green fields, forests and charming villages.The hotel is an ideal base for bike trips and sailing on the lakes. Thialf Stadium is less than 25 minutes’ drive away.The leisure facilities at St. Nicolaasga include a sauna, tennis courts and a spacious garden terrace. There is also an outdoor heated swimming pool which is open during the summer months.A breakfast buffet is served daily in the restaurant or on your balcony or terrace. The restaurant is specialized in classic meals with a modern touch. A la carte dishes are available as well.
- Location. All staff were helpful and friendly. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Bathroom was a good size. Breakfast was good. Evening meal was wonderful.
- staff was great. Restaurant was suprisingly good – very nice – michelin recommended and decent price – watch out for the price of water bottles though…. rooms were large and spacious, beds a bit too soft.Very good price / quality relationship all around. Highly recommended – but you need a car as it is remote
- The hotel has an outdoor pool, tennis court and offers bicycles for hire. Lovely setting and cycling area. Across from golf club.
- This hotel was fantastic! The service was excellent. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. And, the location is perfect. Great biking and driving distance to many nice Friesland towns. I would definitely stay there again.
- Not great but ok. Dinner was fine. Based on other reviews we expected more, but it was fine.
This property is a 11-minute walk from the beach. Located in Lemmer in the region of Friesland, 28 miles from Zwolle, Hotel Lemmer features a terrace and views of the garden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Leeuwarden is 25 miles from Hotel Lemmer, and Giethoorn is 17 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 41 miles from Hotel Lemmer.
- Small family hotel in a nicely renovated ship mast manufacturing facility within walking distance from the town centre. Clean and comfortable rooms, good breakfast and friendly staff.
- Nice old building but with all modern conveniences. Very friendly staff. I left my samsung phone charger in room 14, so hoping the manager sees my great review and sends it back to me in the UK? 🙂
We arrived dripping from a rain storm and were very warmly received. The hotel owner made an extra effort to help us park our bicycles inside and to allow us to dry our clothes in the utility room.
The hotel room itself had recently been redecorated, which has been beautifully done. The deco was stylish. The bathroom is worth a stay alone.
The breakfast buffet was extremely well stocked with a wide variety of dishes.
- Our room had a door which opened out into a lovely garden. Great breakfast.
- The ambience of the old ship sailing theme right next to the canal & the outdoor furniture was unique.
Top Hotels In Balk Friesland Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Balk Friesland to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Balk Friesland but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Balk Friesland. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!