10 Best Hotels To Stay In Azcoitia Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Azcoitia Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Azcoitia Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Azcoitia Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Azcoitia Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Azcoitia Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Azcoitia Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Azcoitia Basque Country:
Larramendi Torrea is set next to the Urola River, 10 minutes’ walk from the historic center of Azkoitia. The stone building, dating from 1413, offers modern rooms with free wired internet.Featuring wooden floors, the heated rooms have a flat-screen satellite TV. Each has a private bathroom with a shower, hairdryer and free toiletries. Superior rooms also have large windows and a kettle.The café-bar offers regional tapas and dinner is available. A laundry and ironing service is offered and there is a tour desk.
- Stylish bedroom, surprisingly lively restaurant / terrace with decent choice of tapas
- An oasis in a very unprepossing location with an old trading estate behind it but once in the very well kept grounds you couldn’t see that at all.
- View of the top floor windows is to a nearby mountain that was almost full of snow. great view!
- Lovely room, great staff. Beautiful historic building
- The standard of accommodation is high and we would certainly be happy to stay here again.
Next to the Shrine of Loyola, Hotel Arrupe is a historic marble building with large grounds and terrace. Rooms include free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and DVD player.The Arrupe Hotel has traditional stone and wood features and has been carefully restored. Each room has simple, modern design and includes heating and a private bathroom.The Arrupe is surrounded by beautiful Basque countryside and is just one mile from the town of Azpeitia. The Loyola complex includes a church dedicated to San Ignacio de Loyola.The beaches of the Green Coast are 11 miles away and San Sebastián is within a 45-minute drive of the hotel. Free public parking can be found nearby.
- Great location right next to Loyola Sanctuary. Very peaceful ambience. Simple & comfortable, value for money. The staff was very friendly & helpful to give us some recommendation. Breakfast was delicious, for just 6 eur/person. They have free parking on site, so very convenient for us who drive.
- Adjacent to St. Ignatius Basilica campus. Very modern facilities and efficient/friendly staff. Nice bar and restaurant next door. Breakfast was very good.
- I had the room with great view to the basilica and the mountain. Five stars for the location, the cleanliness of the room, the courtesy of the staff’s, and the great breakfast.
- Is very close to the monastery, and beautiful surroundings, clean and with a good buffet breakfast for value (6€). Also free parking.
- Loved it being situated at St. Ignatius Basilica…
Hotel Loiola is located in Azpeitia, just 1,650 feet from the Loiola Sanctuary and 15 minutes’ drive from the north coast. It offers a 24-hour front desk, an à la carte restaurant and free Wi-Fi throughout.Rooms at this hotel feature plenty of natural light and offer views of the city and the mountains. Each of them comes with a TV, a DVD player and a private bathroom.Hotel Loiola also offers a covered parking space for motorcycles and bicycles free of charge.San Sebastián and Zarautz can be reached in less than 30 minutes’ drive from the hotel. Vitoria and Bilbao are approximately 43 mi away.
Great view on the mountains, nice staff.
Big rooms and very clean.
- Good beds, nice shower, great Parking, old elevator!
Good big size coffee for breakfast.
Calm area about 15 min on foot from the city center.
Nice small and simple hotel.
- Staff was very helpful in assisting me when I needed a dentist for my son
- Nice of them to offer us a couple of beers – the people of the Basque country are so friendly.
- Great view on the mountains, nice staff.
Housed in a building of great historic and artistic interest, this family hotel is surrounded by the beautiful Basque countryside, and provides the perfect spot for a rural getaway.Hotel Larrañaga boasts charming rooms, decorated in a classic style. They are perfect spaces to relax and enjoy a typical Spanish siesta in the afternoon.Equipped with a playground, children can play and make friends in this hotel, while you read on the terrace.Finish the day by dining in the on-site restaurant, where you can sample tasty, regional-style cuisine, accompanied by a bottle of fine, red wine.
- This is a quirky traditional hotel . The people are very welcoming and helpful. The food is very good at a very cheap price it was €12 for 3 courses plus wine. Playground on site so kept the kids happy .
- Fantastic kitchen, kindly service and personal behave.
The staff were very friendly, and as in many family run hotels well organised. Not withstanding 2 wedding receptions and an anniversary function on the same afternoon and evening at no time were hotel guests ignored or forgotten at their evening meal or breakfast.
A super stay.
- Nice hotel with Basque character in a quiet spot. Cheerful and helpful staff. Big rooms. Good dining that attracts a lot of locals. Can’t believe it only has one star! A real find.
Fabulous building. Amazing rooms. Excellent breakfasts. Some staff very kind and helpful.
Mountain scenery very nice. Great parking outside hotel. Safe and secure.
Balneario de Cestona Hotel
This great spa hotel is housed in a modernist building dating back to the 19th century. The property has preserved it charm, romance and special old-time spa atmosphere.Regarded one of the most classic and prestigious in Spain, the spa hotel combines grand open spaces, large lounges and above all else, the guesalaga salt waters.Enjoy the beautiful architecture, the natural surroundings and the relaxed atmosphere at the Balneario De Cestona.
- Great location and very clean room. Enjoyed the excellant spa which was offered in price. Lovely safe walks around property and surrounding area. Good value for money.
- The helpful and pleasant attitude of the staff. Very nice people who did their best to make our stay a comfortable and happy one.
- Lovely location, particularly if we had stayed for more than one night as there appeared to be some lovely walks and spa treatments. Room was adequate, clean and bed comfortable. Plenty of parking and reasonable access to major routes.
- I asked for a quiet room and receive a good and quiet one, better than the one on my first stay. Personnal at the spa really nice. Thank you
- This hotel was built at the turn of the 1900’s and it would have been a grand place to stay then. The proportions of the restaurants, lounge, reception and hallways are impressive. The location is about 5km from the motorway so handy for an overnight stop.
Featuring rooms with garden and mountain views, Hotel Etxeberri is set 0.6 mi outside the village of Zumarraga. It features a traditional Basque restaurant and free Wi-Fi access.Hotel Etxeberri’s heated rooms have simple, attractive décor with carpeted floors. All rooms have flat-screen TVs and fully equipped bathrooms.Guests can enjoy a range of local cuisine in the Etxeberri’s restaurant, including fish and meat dishes. There is also a bar and terrace.The surrounding Alto Urola Valley is ideal for hiking and cycling. The beaches surrounding Deba can be reached in 30 minutes by car, while San Sebastián is approximately 31 mi from the hotel.
- Staff were very friendly, great location when en route to somewhere, ample parking. Excellent breakfast
- The rooms were very luxurious and the breakfast was excellent. There were lots of outdoor spaces for relaxation and the grounds were well tended. All staff were very attentive and welcoming.
- Fantastic out-of-the-way hotel and restaurant, enhanced further by the welcoming hosts.
Great location and friendly staff.
Good price too ,highly recommend and will defo be back. Fantastic place.
- Superb food, comfortable rooms, and management that goes an extra mile.
Offering free Wi-Fi, Hotel Txarriduna is located in the small town of Elgoibar. Featuring modern design, the hotel includes a restaurant with a wide variety of basque pintxos and meals.All rooms include a flat-screen TV and heating. The private bathroom comes with shower.Breakfast buffet is daily available at the bar. Guests can also enjoy a terrace and a meeting room. There is a free public parking on site.Elgoibar Train Station is 1,650 feet from the hotel. Elgoibar is centrally located in the Basque Country, within 30 minutes’ drive of Bilbao, San Sebastian and Vitoria. Deba Beach is 8.1 mi from the property.
- when staff is not busy chilling and chatting with locals, they are nice, cheap beer too.
- Easy cheap hotel . Perfect for Just a sleep when passing by
- We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel, which seemed quite new, was clean and modern and had a bar and restaurant attached. Staff were very friendly and helpful and you can buy your newspaper at the bar! We were going on to Azpeitia and discovered the road from Elgoibar is far better than the route from the motorway via Zestoa.
- Everything from stepping into the hotel to leaving such a great place to stay Daniel is a great host The rooms are great and very comfy a real nice place to stay will deferentially be staying again at this hotel should I be in Bilbao again in the future
- Hotel convenient for railway station,a 10 minute walk. Staff in hotel very help and friendly.
Wonderfully rustic and with a beautiful rural position 1.2 miles from the Basque coastline and within easy reach of San Sebastian. This hotel has a charming restaurant and spacious bedrooms with balconies.From your Kanala bedroom, enjoy views toward the sea or mountains from the comfort of your private balcony or terrace.Admire the decor of the Kanala Hotel which is harmony with the Basque Country’s tradition and its rural setting.Keep up-to-date and email friends on the free internet connection.Make a day trip to the seaside or to the fine city of Bilbao. Return to the Kanala for a tasty meal in the restaurant-brassiere with a delightfully informal atmosphere.
- The staff was great and the food was really delicious. It helps that we showed up after a 25k walk.
- Beautiful view over the basque gulf. Good restaurant with fresh fish.
- The panoramic views, friendly staff and restaurant.
- Kanala is a basic hotel, ideally situated to explore The coastline.
- Don’t bother with breakfast. Toast, juice and coffee which is typical but it was white toasted bread. Certainly not worth price. Dinner was great.
Located in the center of Bergara, Ormazabal Hotel dates from 1650 and is decorated in 1920’s style. It offers free Wi-Fi and heated rooms with a balcony and flat-screen TV.All rooms feature wooden floors and a work desk. There is a private bathroom with amenities, and some rooms have a fireplace.A continental breakfast is available at the Ormazabal, and guests can relax in the charming lounge with its large fireplace.Hotel Ormazabal has a 24-hour reception and a tour desk. Parking can be reserved nearby for an extra charge. There is easy access to the AP1 Motorway and Bilbao is 35 mi away.
- Perfect location in the middle of a buzzing town. Old building with loads of character..
- great location in a fascinating town, full of mediaeval buildings. Quirky, clean, comfortable hotel, paintings on the walls by the owner artist. A trip to the museum is essential- an experience of innovation.
- The very friendly owners!! Hospitality like it was meant to be!!
- The personal attendance and the facility to make our stay the most confortable it could be.
- Bread and jam, orange juice and hot drink, adequate for the price.
Hotel Azkue is set in vineyards, 3 miles from the Basque fishing village of Getaria. It has easy access to the A-8 Highway and offers free parking and free Wi-Fi.All heated rooms at the Azkue have satellite TV and hardwood floors. The private bathroom is equipped with amenities and a hairdryer.The Azkue restaurant, with its terrace, serves traditional Basque cuisine, including fresh fish from Getaria harbor. There is a bar, and a lounge with a fireplace.The hotel has a tour desk. It is a 10-minute drive from Zarauz Royal Golf Club, and San Sebastian is 14 miles away.
Surprising good new rooms
Perfect kitchen. We were even able to have dinner after 10 pm
Nice friendly owner and huis family staff. Wonderfull surroundigs, vignards!!
- This place has so much charm and character. A very comfortable overnight stay with excellent food. Fantastic value for money.
Location outside of Getaria. Easy to park, and easy to get on the road. Although we visited on a relatively cloudy day, the views were nice.
The common areas – lounge, dining room, etc., had a nice rustic character.
- Lovely view from the bedroom window and balcony, and another great view from the dining room.
What a fantastic hotel, located in the middle of very beautiful and scenic surroundings. The hotel has a cosy restaurant with a good look as well as a nice bar area.
Friendly hosts and good atmosphere. Room also very neat. WiFi also quite good.
- Surprising good new rooms
Top Hotels In Azcoitia Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Azcoitia Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Azcoitia Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Azcoitia Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!