10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ayala San José – Top Hotel Reviews
Ayala San José is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ayala San José. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ayala San José. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ayala San José. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ayala San José right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ayala San José with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ayala San José:
Hotel Boutique Luz de Luna
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Hotel Boutique Luz de Luna offers accommodations in San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Every room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 12 miles from Hotel Boutique Luz Luna, and Escazú is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 6 miles from Hotel Boutique Luz de Luna.
- Nice and clean hotel, friendly staff, good location surrounded by lots of nice cafes and restaurants
- The place was clean. The lady who took care of us on the reception and seemed to be the manager was very nice and helpful. The shower was great! The location was a little far from the airport but that could have felt worse than it was because of the terrible traffic in San Jose.
- the staff is good, and the hotel is nearby a number of entertainment centers, of the noise from the train
- The location was excellent for what we wanted. We didn’t want to be in the downtown hub but could easily walk to all the places of interest in San Jose within 15 minutes. We picked this area because of the restaurants and craft beer nearby and if you’re a foodie with a love for craft beer, this is the spot for you. The Tipico breakfast was awesome as well.
The space is really nice decorated: Costa Rica style. It is a very nice play to stay as where the hotel is located, you can find a lot of different restaurants, it has a variety of food from Peru, Argentina, Mexican, bars, “organice food store”, etc if you go for tourism it 100% recomendable to book this hotel.
The breakfast is awesome! Warm and tasty!
The personnel is very nice and oriented to service, they always make sure your stance is confortable.
Fleur de Lys
One of our best sellers in San José! In central San José, Fleur de Lys offers individually decorated rooms in a Victorian mansion. It features an attractive terrace, gardens and a restaurant.The Fleur de Lys’s individually decorated rooms feature local art work. They have cable TV, free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom.Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast in the Obelisco Restaurant. A range of international cuisine is available for dinner. There is also a bar with live music.Costa Rica National Museum and the National Theater are within a 15 minute walk of the Fleur de Lys. Several buses stop nearby, while Procuraduria Train Station is 650 feet away.
- Room was super nice! Clean and everything you need. Location was perfect and safe to walk around
- Rooms clean with coffee making facilities. An upgrade from the hotel to one nicer room was a pleasant surprise. Good location.
- Satisfactory breakfast buffet from 6:30a.m. Cleanliness. Hotel decor (floral theme, very much natural woodwork, with Old World feel) is very lovely and staff accommodating. Small bar area with indoor and small outdoor seating at hotel entrance, and some food could be ordered (no fulltime restaurant).
- Location in the heart of the city – Large room with balcony – Good bar/restaurant in the hotel
- Great location! Wonderful friendly staff with a great little dinner restaurant and bar. Very cool older building. Nice complimentary breakfast.
Hotel Don Carlos
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Hotel Don Carlos is located in San José, just 11 miles from Alajuela. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a TV with cable channels. Certain rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the garden or city. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 5 miles from Hotel Don Carlos, and Heredia is 5 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 4.3 miles from the property.
- Very good location. Interesting building each room different
- A very cool hotel. Older, but very well kept. The restaurant offers a wonderful traditional breakfast buffet. The staff are friendly and helpful.
- Common grounds are full of artwork and charming. Staff at reception are friendly and helpful. Bed is comfortable. Room was clean. Overall good value for the price.
- This hotel has a lot of character and history based on the founder Don Carlos Bessler. There is a large collection of interesting artifacts of the history of Costa Rica to admire. The location makes it a short walk to the downtown core. Breakfast was your typical Tico fare but plentiful. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone heading to San Jose.
outstanding and uniquely charming
beautiful to say the least
Hotel Cibeles Resort
One of our best sellers in Heredia! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Cibeles Resort offers accommodations in Heredia, just 6 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a TV with cable channels. All rooms come with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Alajuela is 7 miles from Hotel Cibeles Resort, and Escazú is 6 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 3.7 miles from the property.
- The grounds are pretty. Which is good, because the rooms are not.
- I had an extended stay here while working at UNA for two weeks, for which the location was perfect and secure, and much quieter than central Heredia, where I have stayed before. Rooms were cleaned every day and were relatively comfortable and good value but it would have been helpful to have access to a fridge. Wifi worked the majority of the time, but was quite slow and sometimes cut out. (This is really a minor point as the room was very clean, but I found small snakes and a large millipede in the room on three occasions – I think coming through a gap in the ceiling, so I guess some of the rooms could use some maintenance.)
- Great staff, very helpful. Security and cleanliness was excellent.
- swimming pool and jacuzzi and decoration of the entire building, the security staff at night were very friendly, helpfully, we and another spanish custumer were hungry at night but was late for restaurants and one of the guys offered to go with us for free to heredia center for buy some foods and come back
- Clean, wifi was perfect, and has kitchen and hot water.
Posada el Quijote
Posada el Quijote is located in San José and housed in a colonial-style building. It has a spacious garden, free Wi-Fi access and a snack bar.The bright rooms have wooden furniture and will provide you with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Featuring a shower, the private bathrooms also come with a bath or shower and free toiletries. All rooms offer garden views.Other restaurants, like Chi Chi’s Restaurant and Novillo Alegre, can be found within 2,650 feet away.At Posada el Quijote guest will also enjoy of a shared lounge, a tour desk and luggage storage. The property offers free parking.The hotel is 15 minutes’ drive from the Metropolitan Cathedral, as of the National Theatre of Costa Rica and the Pre-Colombian Gold Museum. Juan Santamaría International Airport can be reached in 20 minutes by car.
- The staff and the infrastructure of the hostal. Feels like home.
- Gorgeous location, pool with salt water, great views, very friendly and helpfull owner, big rooms, nice balcony, relaxed vibe, great breakfast.
– very nice location with views over the city
– excellent staff and service
- This place was wonderful! All the staff, including the owner Björn who lives on site, plus Alcides and Douglas and the ladies who are working behind the scenes bent over backwards. The deluxe room with the twinkly night view of the City was delightful. Breakfasts were yummy. The pool was refreshing, and sunning in the warm Costa Rican sun felt sooooo good, although the hotel can’t take credit for that. 🙂 It’s nice to find a small hotel that takes pride in being the best, and where the service is personal.
- Beautiful location, lovely staff, wonderful pool. Very relaxing place to stay!
Hotel La Guaria Inn & Suites
One of our best sellers in Alajuela! Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Hotel La Guaria Inn & Suites offers accommodations in Alajuela, just 11 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or city. Each room includes a private bathroom.You will find free shuttle service at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Escazú is 8 miles from Hotel La Guaria Inn & Suites, and Heredia is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
Beds very old and lumpy; whole place rather tatty; about what to expect for $50
Location near airport only plus
- Bed comfortable,breakfast good.pool area quite pretty
- The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly; he helped me settle in and he gave me walking directions to nearby food markets, the beautiful village square and to nearby restaurants. He also scheduled a complimentary shuttle for my transport to the airport. The hotel is bright and clean. I was grateful for the efficient, quiet a/c which kept my room dry and cool. The breakfast was exceptional – lots of fresh fruit and coffee, and an attentive breakfast hostess kept the buffet well stocked and tidy.
- Always enjoy my stay here. Quiet at night. Comfortable beds.
- The airport shuttle offered and the pool were two extras that were important to us when we booked here.We were on an overnight stay,arriving at the airport and then leaving from the airport the next day.The manager himself sent us an email with detailed instructions on how to get a taxi shuttle from the airport to the hotel.These instructions were the most detailed that we have ever received before,and it made the shuttle experience stress free!Thanks again,Jose Castro!The pool was as pictured,with lounge chairs and bathrooms to facilitate a relaxing afternoon after we checked out and before we went to the airport!Great location!Would recommend for your consideration!
- Beds very old and lumpy; whole place rather tatty; about what to expect for $50
Holiday Inn San Jose Escazu
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, Holiday Inn San Jose Escazu is located in San José in the region of San José, just 7 miles from Alajuela. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Each room has a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Escazú is 1.5 miles from Holiday Inn San Jose Escazu, and Heredia is 5 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 1.2 miles from the property.
- The location was excellent, the rooms were large and confortable, clean and quiet. Everything worked fine and there were plenty of channels to watch on the TV.
Faucet and shower head not in order
No glassware in the room, only paper cup
Room telephone out of service
- I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this holiday Inn was. Stayed here because it was near my relatives and it is a lovely hotel. Too bad the Holiday Inn name is usually associated with mediocre. This was definitely quite nice.
- We liked the service and that the place is quiet. Check in and check out very easy.
- Location and convenience to amenities and choices of restaurants.
Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Escazu
An outdoor pool with mountain views, a gym and spacious suites with free Wi-Fi and a kitchen are found at this stylish hotel. Situated next to CIMA Hospital, it offers free local area transportation.Each air-conditioned suite at the Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Escazu offers a lounge with flat-screen cable TV and a sofa bed. Kitchens come with a dishwasher, microwave and coffee maker.A first-night grocery kit is provided upon arrival, and a free shopping service can be requested. The on-site convenience store opens 24 hours a day.Residence Inn San Jose Escazu is a 10 minute walk from various shopping and restaurants. Central San Jose is 4 miles away, while San Jose Airport is 9 miles away. Free parking is available at the hotel.
- Wonderful breakfast. Staff was wonderful. Hotel was nice.
- For the price, we thought it was good. Staff were friendly.
Located near a large mall with several restaurants within walking distance.
Breakfast included made to order omelettes.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The suite offered everything you needed.
- The breakfast — Outstanding,– Outstanding. My compliments.
Out of Bounds Boutique Hotel
One of our best sellers in San José! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Out of Bounds Boutique Hotel offers accommodations in San José. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Views of the mountains, garden or city are featured in certain rooms. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge, a gift shop, and a shops at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 7 miles from Out of Bounds Boutique Hotel, and Escazú is 1.6 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 1.9 miles from the property.
- Nice,clean facility, easy welcoming folks, great breakfast
- The hotel was quiet with a beautiful view of the city. We loved hanging out on the porch at night. The complimentary breakfast was delicious!
- The breakfast was wonderful and the staff were helpful and available when needed.
- Clean bathroom. Excellent breakfast. Very helpful front desk staff!!
- This is a nice hotel with great potential. Very friendly staff, and english channels after 3 weeks of no tv 😀 very cozy, although the door was a little draughty with all the cracks. My opinion is that with a little effort this could easily be even better. Now the value for your money is good and I could easily see myself staying here again.
Sheraton San Jose Hotel, Costa Rica
One of our top picks in San José.This modern hotel near Costa Rica’s capital of San Jose features a casino, free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour fitness center. Guests have access to several on-site restaurants and bars and an outdoor swimming pool.Each air-conditioned room at the Sheraton San Jose Hotel, Costa Rica includes modern décor, a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a comfortable sitting area. They also include a safety-deposit box and a private bathroom with free toiletries.The hotel’s 8vo Bar and Restaurant serves international food, and the Kitchen by Rausch has delicious cuisine with a local flare.Guests will find a major shopping center just over a quarter mile of the property. Downtown San Jose is 7.5 miles away and features sightseeing and nightlife.The Sheraton San Jose Hotel, Costa Rica is just a 5-minute walk to the Meridiano Corporate Centre, and the city’s Juan Santamaria International Airport is 12 miles away.
- Fantastic breakfast, tasty fresh and healthy options. Wonderful service! The bed was soooo comfy, especially after flying for almost24hrs I was happy it was an extra amazing bed!
- Absolutely fantastic staff and hotel room. Front desk even remembered our name and room number. I am pleasantly surprised by this Sheraton hotel
- The room is super comfortable, especially the large bed and shower. The staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast is very good. Good fun experience at the casino located inside the hotel.Very secure place. The fitness room is clean and well equipped.
- You would need a vehicle to explore the town from this location, the hotel is right off the highway. Malls and restaraunts are a 7 minute drive ( on the highway). It is a very modern hotel, the beds are very comfortable.
- Convenient business hotel in San José with all the standard amenities
Top Hotels In Ayala San José Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ayala San José to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ayala San José but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ayala San José. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!