10 Best Hotels To Stay In Athens Georgia – Top Hotel Reviews
Athens Georgia is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Athens Georgia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Athens Georgia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Athens Georgia. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Athens Georgia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Athens Georgia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Athens Georgia:
Holiday Inn Athens – University Area
One of our top picks in Athens.Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Holiday Inn Athens – University Area offers accommodations in Athens, just 650 feet from The Georgia Theatre. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Georgia Museum of Art is 1.1 miles from Holiday Inn Athens – University, and Farmers Market is 1.9 miles from the property.
- Room was perfect, the location is great if you’re wanting to go downtown or anywhere really. Quick and short walk downtown and quick drive to the Terrapin Brewery
- Free breakfast is an excellent HOT FULL buffet, not the normal cold bar/cereal.
- This Hotel is fabulous for the price. The rooms are spacious classy and clean. The staff is wonderful.The location is perfect. I travel to Atlanta, downtown near the CNN Center often, I wish there was a dullicate there.
Restaurant on site was nice for full buffet breakfast! Bar is also nice.
Although rooms were old, they were very clean and well kept up.
Location to all downtown attractions was perfect and the price was very nice!
Secure parking with on site security guard. No problems!
- Excellent friendly helpful staff. Other than that what an awful place to stay. Dirty, dark, dingy and stuffy.
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Athens, GA
Featuring a heated indoor pool with a hot tub and daily hot breakfast, this Athens hotel is 2 miles from historic Athens city center. Free Wi-Fi access is available. The University of Georgia is 2 miles away.A 32-inch flat-screen cable TV, microwave, and small refrigerator are provided in every suite at this Athens Country Inn and Suites. Coffee-making facilities are also included.A fitness center is available to all guests throughout their stay. A business center and 80-person meeting facilities are available. A shared lounge, mini-market, and library are also at Country Inn and Suites Athens.The hotel is 2 miles from the Sanford Stadium and 3 miles from the Georgia Museum of Art. The State Botanical Garden of Georgia is 4 miles away.
- The location was perfect for us. Breakfast was good.
- Bed was comfortable. I didn’t utilize the free WiFi, but was glad that it was offered free of charge. Breakfast was good & hit items were hot.
- I found the lobby very nice. The room how ever was very old you renovating so should be better. Bed very uncomfortable cleaning was not very good. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was not good eggs were processed and the buns and muffins were stale.
- Great value,very comfortable and clean and convenient close to lots great places
- Everything, location, the hotel,the room, the staff, breakfast,check out
Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown
Located in Athens, 1,300 feet from The Georgia Theatre, Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Certain accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV is provided.There is a 24-hour front desk, an ATM, room service and a shops at the property.Georgia Museum of Art is 1.3 miles from Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown, and Farmers Market is 2.1 miles away.
- The staff was very courteous, even when they were very busy. They were fast and efficient, as well.
- The Hotel was centrally located in Athens and was right across the street from one of the events I attended. Luggage caddies were right at the entrance. Accommodations were satisfactory and very clean. Staff was very nice.
- Close to the University and the square. Close to lots of eateries and shops.
- It was across the street from the Classic Center…our destination. We are Georgia Ice Dog fans!
- The Hotel was close to all attractions and was very clean and professional.
Wingate by Wyndham Athens GA
One of our top picks in Athens.Featuring free WiFi and a hot tub, Wingate by Wyndham Athens GA offers accommodations in Athens. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV. The rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The Georgia Theatre is 1.2 miles from Wingate by Wyndham Athens GA, and Georgia Museum of Art is 2.2 miles from the property.
- King suite was comfortable and quiet on 2nd floor. Slow elevator, but for an overnight stay it got the job done.
- The rooms were clean, but a little worn in appearance. The shower curtain hung down into the tub to the bottom plus more and got wet when showering. That was kind of gross. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The free breakfast was actually quite nice and always well stocked.
- Great place We have stayed there 3 times and We Love it
Breakfast was fresh every morning. Grandkids loved it.
Coffee was good.
- Walls paper thin, could hear amorous couple next door and their dog.
Hyatt Place Athens Downtown
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Hyatt Place Athens Downtown offers accommodations in Athens, just 1,650 feet from The Georgia Theatre. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or city. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Georgia Museum of Art is 1.4 miles from Hyatt Place Athens Downtown, and Farmers Market is 2.1 miles away.
- The bathroom was beautiful and we had a wonderful view from the 6th floor.
- The staff was phenomenally helpful. The property is beautiful. The only negative was a temporary one: an outage of all elevators to the parking deck, which presented an accessibility concern
I did not realize breakfast was included so that was a very nice surprise!
The hotel itself was very nice and the location is great.
- I enjoyed being close to downtown and not having to pay an arm and a leg for it. It was fairly new and the staff was great. It makes it better for me seeing how my company’s office is just a short walk from the hotel.
- They charged me $50 more than it was supposed to, not a good deal…
In Athens, Georgia, this luxury Graduate Athens hotel features an outdoor swimming pool and a full service spa. It provides rooms with free Wi-Fi access and is pet friendly.A coffee machine is available in each room at the Athens Graduate hotel. Guests can enjoy a flat-screen cable TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.A fitness center is available at the Athens Hotel. Free on-site parking and a complimentary shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel are available.Other facilities include The Foundry, which is a premier venue with live music, a bar, and a restaurant. Iron Works Coffee is a walk-up juice and coffee bar with grab-n-go eats in the hotel lobby.The University of Georgia is just a 2-minute drive from this hotel. Guests will be 2.5 miles from Georgia Museum of Art and 6 miles from The State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
- Everything is close by. Downtown is within walking distance.
- This hotel has a good location. It is downtown and close to the university. Check in staff was nice and helped us get an early check in.
- Check in was easy, there is even a coffee bar in the lobby. Decor is excellent. My room was super cool and screamed Athens! The pillows were soft and squishy, not lumpy and hard. The mattress was fantastic. I slept like a baby.
- There was a coffee shop in the lobby and restaurant/bar/music venue on the property!!
- Our family stayed a full week during hurricane season when we had to evacuate. This hotel perfect for us because it was within walking distance of fantastic restaurants. It’s pet friendly with no fees. The Wi-Fi was top notch even with my kids streaming movies and my husband and I working via VPN.
Holiday Inn Express Athens – University Area
One of our best sellers in Athens! Showcasing a seasonal outdoor pool and fitness center, Holiday Inn Express Athens – University Area is located in Athens in the region of Georgia, just 1,650 feet from The Georgia Theatre.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Georgia Museum of Art is 1.2 miles from Holiday Inn Athens – University, and Farmers Market is 1.7 miles away.
- Pillows very comfortable. Continental breakfast was amazing, big selection. The other holiday inn is closer to where we needed to the downtown area. We probably won’t stay here again if they are available.
The receptionist is very good. Friendly reception and he gave us usefull information.
He made us feel welcome.
- We have stayed that this hotel several times the location is great for us and it’s clean.
- Beds comfortable with pillow choices. Good AC. Good parking
- Had to change rooms, the heat/air conditioning unit was really noisy in the 1st room; staff was really helpful and supportive, no hassles at all.
SpringHill Suites Athens
SpringHill Suites Athens is a 15-minute drive to the University of Georgia and Sanford Stadium. It offers studios with kitchenettes and flat-screen TVs and features an outdoor pool and a gym.All suites feature a kitchenette area with a small refrigerator, a sink and a microwave. They are fitted with 37″flat-screen TVs with cable channels and a small seating area.The on-site gym is equipped with cardiovascular equipment. The SpringHill Suites Athens has an agreement with the nearby St. Mary’s Wellness Center for 24-hour access to their facilities and equipment.The Georgia Museum of Art and the State Botanical Garden of Georgia are a 15-minute drive away from the SpringHill Suites.
No reviews yet.
Days Inn Athens
Located in Athens, 1,300 feet from The Georgia Theatre, Days Inn Athens features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking.Every room is fitted with a TV with cable channels. All rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Georgia Museum of Art is 1.4 miles from Days Inn Athens, and Farmers Market is 1.6 miles away.
- the bed was comfortable. the room was clean, the TV worked and the picture was good. It was close to where my workshop was located. It was quiet.
- The staff was welcoming and helpful, even though their computer system was down.
- The bath towels didn’t smell like they had been burned in the dryer. There was a nice flat screen television in the room. Convenient location for main attractions.
- The staff was competent and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. Overall, a nice overnight stay.
- The spacious rooms, easy parking, helpful staff and pleasant staff
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Athens
Located in Athens, 2.1 miles from Farmers Market, Microtel Inn by Wyndham Athens features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property.Each room has a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The Georgia Theatre is 3.9 miles from Microtel Wyndham Athens, and Georgia Museum of Art is 4.2 miles from the property.
- There was a student practicing his trumpet outside. Sounded nice.
- Convenience, but would rather sleep in my car next time if this is the only room available.
- It met my expectations. It was not too expensive and clean. The staff was ok, but not great. The bed was super comfortable. Overall, I will stay again if I am in Athens. I got what I wanted out of the place; a nice, clean, affordable, bed bug free hotel.
- Staff was very sensitive at our concern over the room horrible conditions
- The staff member who checked me out of the place was very nice.
Top Hotels In Athens Georgia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Athens Georgia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Athens Georgia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Athens Georgia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!