10 Best Hotels To Stay In Astorga Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
Astorga Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Astorga Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Astorga Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Astorga Castile and Leon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Astorga Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Astorga Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Astorga Castile And Leon:
El Descanso de Wendy Hotel
One of our top picks in Astorga – and a guest favorite.
This hotel is located in Astorga, just 500 feet from the cathedral. It offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and a seating area with a sofa and flat-screen TV.The elegant rooms at El Descanso de Wendy feature wooden floors and private bathroom with a bathrobe and hairdryer. Guests have access to a shared kitchen, which includes a hob, oven and microwave.Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in Astorga. They also offer a luggage collection service for pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route.You can walk to Antoni Gaudí’s impressive Episcopal Palace in just 5 minutes from El Descanso de Wendy. With good access to the A-6 and AP-71 Motorways, Astorga is a 35-minute drive from León.
- Very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Optional laundry service. Well cared for. Excellent WiFi. Gracious hostess.
- The property was convenient to the Camino route and in a quiet location. The room was spacious, clean and had AC (which I loved).
- Very homely with all comforts, a traditional Spanish city home. Friendly and helpful hosts.
- Really homely feel and spacious accommodation. Apartment was very well equipped-a true home from home. We loved it
- This was an amazing place. Beautiful, clean, great staff. Highly recommend!
Hotel Astur Plaza
Located in the historic town of Astorga and next to its main square, this hotel is set on the Camino De Santiago Pilgrimage Route. Hotel Astur Plaza features a restaurant with a wine cellar, and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.The EntreCepas restaurant serves traditional dishes featuring meats and a wide selection of beers and wines. There is also a large lounge-cafeteria with a glass roof, where breakfast is served each morning.The rooms at the Astur Plaza have parquet floors and each comes with a flat-screen TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Some rooms have views of the square and others are interior-facing.Guests can enjoy discounts at a spa located close to the hotel. Astorga’s Roman Museum is just 150 feet away.The Medulas Mine is 50 mi from the Hotel Astur Plaza, while León City is a 40-minute drive away.
- The hotel was lovely and the location was excellent.
- Loved this hotel overlooking the town square, but well insulated from the noise. Staff at reception spoke English and were so so so helpful. Most comfy beds on the Camino, I think. Super breakfast.
- Location was excellent and the place very clean. Staff very helpful and friendly
One of the best breakfast on the camino
- My favorite hotel room on the Camino. Very comfortable set up with sofa and desk (if you request and pay for a double). Too expensive though. Perfect location
Hotel SPA Vía de la Plata
This stylish spa hotel is 350 feet from Astorga Town Hall, in the city center. It offers an extensive spa and modern rooms with free WiFi.Rooms at the Hotel SPA Vía de la Plata feature parquet floors and smart, elegant décor. Each one has flat-screen satellite TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The hotel’s spa includes a thermal pool with hot tub, loungers, Finnish and Turkish saunas, different showers, UVA cabin, and other services. Access to the spa and treatments and massages available for an extra charge.Mondays Spa is closed.The hotel’s restaurant is located 1-minute walk away.Antoni Gaudí’s Episcopal Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is just 7 minutes’ walk from the hotel. León and it airport are around 40 minutes’ drive away.
Modern clean property. Bathtub in the room. Nice toiletries. Very quiet.
Convenient to sites, restaurants, and the Camino.
- So relaxing n nice especially our long camino walk.
- Such a lovely treat whilst walking the Camino, quality toiletries, mini bar included, comfortable bed, great location
- Beautiful hotel located just outside the main center. Great room, delicious breakfast, wonderful staff! Highly recommend!
Good Hotel with safe, gated car parking, close to town centre.
Plenty of bars and restaurants close by and a beautiful town square.
Breakfast was plentiful.
- Modern clean property. Bathtub in the room. Nice toiletries. Very quiet.
Hotel Gaudi is set across from Astorga’s Santa María Cathedral and Gaudí’s Episcopal Palace, on the Santiago de Compostela Pilgrimage Route. Its dining room offers views of the palace.Typical meals from León and the Maragato region are served at Hotel Gaudí’s restaurant. Pilgrims can enjoy special meal options, including local dishes such as cocido maragato, a stew. The hotel also has a bar-cafeteria, a garden-terrace and lounges.Each room at Hotel Gaudi is air-conditioned and heated. Satellite TV and a hairdryer are included.
- Excellent location. Bed very comfortable . Staff helpful and friendly. Bar has a good atmosphere.
staff were excellent, helpful even after we had left- small problem with a parking ticket. Easily sorted by Reception
Asked for a front balcony room if possible- and yes we got one— super- it even had flags on the balcony
Great location and great facilities
Easy access to the Camino and cathedral
After 28 hrs traveling, this place felt like heaven!
The location is also amazing, right at the Camino path and in front of big landmarks in Astorga.
This is a nice hotel to start or rest during the Way.
- Right opposite the Cathedral and The Gaudi Bishops palace. Old world feel but a bathtub and a bidet rate highly in my book.
Hotel Spa Ciudad de Astorga
Set in a beautiful Art Nouveau mansion in central Astorga, this hotel is just 350 feet from Antoni Gaudí’s Episcopal Palace. It offers a spa and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Hotel Spa Ciudad de Astorga serves a daily buffet breakfast in the dining room. The Chalet de Josele Restaurant serves traditional Castilian food, and there is a terrace where you can enjoy a meal outside.The spa features a Finnish sauna, a hot tub, an indoor pool and a hydrotherapy shower.Astorga Cathedral is 500 feet from the hotel, and there are Roman ruins within a 5-minute walk. Astorga’s Chocolate Museum is just 2 minutes’ walk away.With good access to the A-6 and AP-71 Motorways, the Ciudad de Astorga is 40 minutes’ drive from León and around 1.5 hours’ drive from Oviedo. There is parking on site.
- A slice of paradise on the Camino at a really reasonable price. The staff were lovely and very helpful, the room was beautiful and the spa was exceptional. Any fellow pilgrims seeking some well deserved pampering look no further!
- The reception staff were excellent. We needed help and nothing was too much trouble. (Vehicle breakdown). Stayed for an extra two days.
- Large, sunny room. Lovely bathroom, generally really comfortable. A great treat while walking the Camino de Santiago!!
- Boutique hotel with spa close to the Cathedral. Rooms are outstanding, quiet and comfortable. Staff was great; hotel restaurant convenient and good
- Everything. An almost perfect hotel experience for us.
Posada Real Casa de Tepa Hotel
Set in the walled town of Astorga, Casa Tepa is next to the cathedral and Gaudí Palace. This restored 18th-century palace offers elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi and plasma-screen TVs.Formerly home to the Earl of Tepa, Casa de Tepa’s most famous resident was Napoleon. The house has large grounds, a gallery and a spacious library with a fireplace.Each of the Casa Tepa’s rooms is unique. Some rooms have a private balcony, a patio or a lounge. All rooms include central heating and a private bathroom.The Casa is located on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route, and next to the A6 and A71 Motorways. León is about 30 miles away and Ponferrada is 37 miles away. The staff can arrange hiking or horseback riding trips.
- The room was large and comfortable. Generous bathroom. Lots of public space to hang out with others in our party and close to the sights.
- Well positioned, staff good could not have been more helpful. Requested recommendation for a restaurant, the hotel made the booking and the restaurant was an excellent choice. Room was large and well furnished overlooking courtyard/garden. Breakfast buffet catered for all tastes and there was a wide variety to choose from.
The charm of this hotel was apparent instantaneously. The innkeeper graciously welcomed me as if I were an old friend. The hotel was quiet and there were multiple other sitting areas, including a large courtyard outback to relax after a long day on the Camino.
The bathroom was large and modern and the breakfast spread was wonderful. I have never left a review for a hotel before, but this place is so special I had to give credit where credit is due!
- The architecture in the building, the calm atmosphere and the honesty bar.
- What was not to like! The owner of this beautiful charming home was amazing. I could of talked to him for hours about the city and his family and the home history.
Hotel Restaurante La Peseta
Hotel Restaurante La Peseta is centrally located beside San Bartolomé Church in Astorga, on the Santiago Pilgrimage Route. Just 10 minutes’ walk from Astorga Cathedral, it offers free Wi-Fi and 24-hour reception.Air-conditioned rooms feature wooden floors and a flat-screen TV. They are heated and come with a work desk and private bathroom with toiletries and a shower.Traditional cuisine is offered in the hotel’s à la carte restaurant.Luggage storage is offered and the hotel has a tour desk. There is easy access to the A6 and AP71 Motorways. Leon and Ponferrada are both around 30 minutes’ drive away.
- Everything was wonderful. We are bicigrinos and they kept our bikes safe for us secured while we stayed. Great location. Helpful staff. Room spotless
- Very central. Very comfortable, large room. Very friendly and accommodating staff
- Very nice hotel. Staff were great. Very early breakfast was a plus
- Friendly and helpful staff. So clean. Location was great
Very comfortable room. Air con was great
Had the best nights sleep so far on the Camino.
Temple Pradorrey Hotel
This Mediaeval-style, country hotel is in Pradorrey, a small town 2 miles from Astorga. There is free parking and easy access via the A-6 La Coruña Highway.Surrounded by gardens, the Temple Pradorrey offers great views of the Leonese Mountains. Some rooms have mountain views. Wi-Fi is available upon request.All heated rooms have a private bathroom, and you can park your car next to the room. Children under 12 years old stay free when using existing beds and accompanied by 2 adults.The Temple restaurant offers regional cuisine from March to October, including grilled meats and homemade desserts. The rest of the year the restaurant caters for groups, upon request.The area is popular for hiking, fishing and bike excursions. León is 28 miles away. Pets are welcome at the Temple Hotel and stay free, upon request.
- The rest of the hotel was very nicely decorated, almost like a castle. They would really benefit from a renovation in the rooms to get them to the level of the rest of the hotel
- the location, close to Astorga city center, and the easy access by the main highway to those who have a car. The attention and kindness of staff is also to be highlighted
- Parking right outside your room.Lovely bar restaurant area.Pet friendly
- Hotel is close to the A-6 motorway and it looks like medieval castle.
- habitaciones muy amplias, la cama muy cómoda, duchas con buena agua a presión.
Hotel Rural La Rosa de los Tiempos
Featuring a spacious garden and a sun terrace, La Rosa De Los Tiempos offers rooms in Carneros. There is free WiFi throughout the property and a continental breakfast is served.Rooms at this bed and breakfast featured themed décor and are heated and come with a seating area and a private bathroom with a bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms feature a balcony with garden views.Guests are welcome to enjoy a shared lounge, a games room and a library. A free shuttle service is also offered at La Rosa De Los Tiempos. There is a grill restaurant 350 feet from the property.There is a riverside beach 0.6 mi away and León is 31 mi from La Rosa De Los Tiempos. Las Médulas is a 1-hour drive, while the historical town of Castrillo de los Polvazares is 15 minutes’ drive away.
- Rosa and Fernando were wonderful hosts, so warm, friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, and we enjoyed delicious breakfasts and dinners. Beautiful house in an excellent location.
- Lovely location and a super welcoming couple – amazing accommodation
- Fernando and Rosa are excellent hosts. Though a bit out of the way if you are walking Camino it is worth it. They want to make your stay enjoyable and it was. MUCHOS GRACIAS
- This was one of our favorite accommodations of our month long trip. The owner/operators went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Each room is unique and fun. We had a great view over a stream to farm fields beyond. Great service, fun and comfortable rooms, good food. The location is a few km from Astorga, but that wasn’t an issue at all.
- Outstanding hospitality from Rosa and Fernando! Gorgeous building and room; a very short drive to town; easy to find; great breakfast with home grown tomatoes and home made jam. The ideal stay! Go you will not be disappointed! Enjoy beer and tapas in the lovely garden.
Posada Real La Lechería Hotel
Offering charming, country-style accommodations, Posada Real La Lecheria has a picturesque setting in the village of Val de San Lorenzo. It features free Wi-Fi and rooms with flat-screen TVs.Set in a former dairy, La Lecheria maintains original features including beamed ceilings and exposed stone walls. Its luxurious rooms have bright décor and some feature a balcony.The Posada’s restaurant offers a range of innovative traditional cuisine from the León region. The spacious lounge area features a fireplace and a library.The Maragatería region is ideal for walking. Astorga is a 5-minute drive from the Posada while León can be reached in 25 minutes by car.
- We stayed in this amazing property for one night. The facilities are all excellent. It is located in a small village but they had everything we needed for our short stay.
- Restaurant was amazing!! The small village very beautiful and peaceful.
- We have been traveling in Spain for a month. Favorite place so far. Owner, María, helpful and place designed with such attention to detail. Very modern facilities in 300 year old building. Bathroom had jet shower. Marble, exposed brick, wood. Flowerfilled balconies. Stay here! You will love it. If you need to leave early, a picnic breakfast will be left for you. Excellent dining in restaurant.
- We enjoyed everything about this stay. The manager/chef could not have been more helpful and friendly.The food in the restaurant was superb,as was the breakfast.The building itself is beautiful.
- Really cute place and would have enjoyed the restaurant as it is highly rated but it was closed on Sundays. Would stay again and highly recommend.
Top Hotels In Astorga Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Astorga Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Astorga Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Astorga Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!