10 Best Hotels To Stay In Asteasu Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Asteasu Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Asteasu Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Asteasu Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Asteasu Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Asteasu Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Asteasu Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Asteasu Basque Country:
Situated in the middle of one of the most important towns in Guipúzcoa, 4 miles from San Sebastián, this is a highly convenient location whether you are booking a stay for business or tourism.The rooms are spacious and tranquil, ensuring that you enjoy a comfortable stay. In the hotel restaurant you can sample the exquisite Basque cuisine, as well as regional tapas dishes and breakfasts in the cafeteria.There is an exterior parking area in the hotel, making it easy to come by car and explore the nearby towns of Zarautz, Biarritz and San Juan de Luz.
The mattress and pillow which are often a problem in hotels were perfect for me.
The hotel was excellent value for money.
The receptionist was friendly and helpful. He spoke good English.
Very comfortable,relaxed Hotel
Would come back again.
- Great location, friendly and polite staff, clean room and bathroom
Bus to San Sebastian was convenient, 20 min. Cheaper and quicker option.
Had a good stay but price is high for what it is.
the Hotel was very old but clean and comfortable, great views, lovely white cotton sheets, comfortable beds we slept very well, going back in June for the annual festival of one of the first F1 racing circuits, that’s pre, First World War. The receptionist spoke a little English enough to converse with him, he told us all about the festivals in San Sabastion
There was a lovely bar downstairs, everyone was really nice.
- The mattress and pillow which are often a problem in hotels were perfect for me.
Hotel Atxega is located in the village of Ursubil, 4.3 mi from San Sebastián. It is a restored mansion offering rustic design, free Wi-Fi and parking and characteristic Basque dining.All of the rooms at Atxega include original stone and wood details with modern facilities, such as air conditioning and a TV. All have a private bathroom.Hotel Atxega’s bar-café opens onto a terrace with wonderful mountain views. It serves characteristic Basque tapas.The main restaurant offers Basque country cuisine and features stone walls and rustic charm. It opens for lunch and dinner throughout the week, except for Sunday evening.Guests at Atxega can enjoy hiking and cycling in the countryside around Atxega, or try the famous cider produced in Ursubil. The coast, just 3.1 mi away, is popular with surfers.
- Helpful staff, fine accommodations with a fine feel for historical preservation of the building. The train line to San Sebastián is a convenient three minutes away.n
Confortable bed and spacious bathroom
The restaurant was amazing, excellent food
Very comfortable enormous bed. Plenty of plug sockets
Off road parking for motorbikes
Nice restaurant with very good set menu.
It’s a historic 16th century? building but the rooms are furnished to a modern standard.
A quaint, old (allegedly XVI century) building but fully modernised. Large room and comfortable bed. The proprietress spoke excellent English. She reduced the price we were quoted since we only needed one double bed and not an extra single bed.
The hôtel is only a 100m or so from the Usurbil railway station; trains to central Donastia Amara/San Sebastian take only 14 minutes and €1.75 pp single, avoiding the need to find parking in the resort.
Iriarte Jauregia is a beautifully restored 17th-century palace is located in fabulous Basque countryside, 19 mi from the coast. Enjoy fine dining, stunning views and eye-catching design. Browse the Wi-Fi for free.The Iriarte has carefully designed its interiors to balance both the old and new. Cutting-edge design such as contemporary furniture and fabrics are contrasted against original features of the building such as stone walls and beamed ceilings.All rooms have views of the valley or the garden. Featuring elegant décor in neutral tones, they come with a plasma-screen TV and a well-equipped bathroom.Set in beautiful gardens, the hotel features a fine-dining restaurant that serves creative cuisine, the Bailara, run by the chef Enrique Fleischmann. There is also an informal snack bar and a library with a reading lounge.Make a visit to the Basque city of San Sebastian, just 19 mi away where you can browse the shops, galleries and characteristic tapas restaurants.
- We decided to stay again at this hotel after the beautiful time we spent here two years ago. The location, the surroundings, the fresh morning air of the countryside, the relaxing room and its view, the appetizing breakfast, and the welcoming staff will make you feel away from the busy world and immersed in a relaxing atmosphere. Beautiful places to see within half hour of driving will keep you busy for a few days. For longer trips, San Sebastian and the ocean are 40 minutes away, Hondarribia – 50, and within an hour you can explore the Pyrenees.
- Acammodations, Restaurant, breakfast, staff, beauty of location, relaxing
- The hotel is a lovely building, well kept and the rooms comfortable. The location was very pretty and we we’re thrilled with the assistance of one of the front desk managers, Anna – who was amazingly helpful and really assisted us in finding our way around sightseeing and finding a good sideria off seaon. Breakfast was nice.
- The mountain location was fantastic, the room was well laid out and food fantastic. Between dinner and breakfast I could not fault a thing. The 5 layer chocolate dessert and breakfast were both exceptional.
- The hotel is lovely but it’s a bit remote it said it was 20 mins from San Sebastián but it’s more like 45 mins
Aginaga Hotela is located in Aginaga village, 8.7 mi from San Sebastian. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi and geothermal heating and hot water. There is free parking and public transport is 150 feet away.Air-conditioned rooms offer river and mountain views. They are soundproofed and feature wooden floors, a desk and flat-screen TV. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and shower.A free breakfast is offered in the breakfast room. The hotel’s Sidrería Aginaga offers a characteristic set menu or a varied à la carte menu of traditional Basque cuisine. There is also a TV lounge.There is a tour desk and the hotel offers easy access to the E70 Motorway. Irún and the border with France are a 30-minute drive away.
- The hotel is located in rural area in close proximity to San Sebastian and Zarautz (15 min by car). It also takes around 1 hour to get to/from Bilbao, Guernika or Pamplona. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The room was well furnished and clean. The bathroom was also very good. We had a great view from our room to the hills of Basqueland. The breakfast was not too diverse, however, the basics were done right (good coffee, fresh orange juice, tasty croissants and bread with selection of jams, jamon and cheese). On top of that the Hotel has a traditional Basque cider house where you can enjoy 7 types of local cider along with delicious Basque cuisine for a decent price (hotel guests also get 10% discount). Over and all this hotel offers a great value for money if you plan on travelling around Basqueland.
- Nice clean rooms, excellent restaurant at 30 metres. Beautiful views from balcony
A bit difficult to find but worth the effort. Modern hotel is attached to a cider factory and evening meals are taken in ajoining cideria. Good food and all you can drink (€5-80 extra) 5 types of cider and 3 wines. Large comfortable air conditioned room. Good breakfast in hotel (Standard continental)
Would stay again if in area
- Clean rooms, comfortable beds. We really appreciated the heater in the toilet that allowed us to dry our towels overnight – coming from the ocean every day. But the best thing is the easy access to the awesome restaurant/cider house attached to the hotel. Amazing!
- Elevator available to first floor. Very clean room and large walk in shower.
Set in the heart of the Basque province of Guipúzcoa, this modern hotel provides an ideal base to explore the scenery of this picturesque region.The Oria lies just a 500 feet walk from the train station in the center of Tolosa. It is divided between 2 buildings – one stylish, contemporary and one renovated, historic building dating from the turn of the century. This older building still retains many charming period features and is surrounded by a pretty garden.Taste the local specialties in the Botarri grill restaurant, which serves delicious freshly grilled meat and fish. You can then enjoy another Basque specialty – cider – along with other tasty regional dishes in the hotel’s own typical cider house.Leisure and business guests can both make use of the free Wi-Fi internet service which covers public areas and guestrooms.
Check in was quick & easy and the room was well furnished with white bed linen and towels. Room was nice and quiet. Receptionist was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was ample, great coffee, fresh orange juice and then a choice of one pintxos and one pastry fresh fruit and yogurt.
Downstairs restaurant was superb with one of the best T bone steak that I have ever had. The missus was convinced her sirloin was a fillet. Easy access to town, market and the local rail station.
- It is as advertised. Great location in a wonderful town. The attached bar/cafe as well as restaurant are excellent.
- Central position in Tolosa, close to historical city center. Clean a tidy room, nice shower.
- Kitchen opens long hours. Bocadillos were superb and staff really friendly and helpful.
- The rooms and cabinet dressers had ample space for 2 guests.
- Check in was quick & easy and the room was well furnished with white bed linen and towels. Room was nice and quiet. Receptionist was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was ample, great coffee, fresh orange juice and then a choice of one pintxos and one pastry fresh fruit and yogurt.
Hotel Txanka Erreka
This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. This small hotel is located in a quiet area just 0.9 mi from Playa de Orio Beach and offers free WiFi throughout, a sun terrace and a garden.Hotel Txanka Erreka’s heated rooms feature an elegant décor with tiled floors and modern furnishings. Each is equipped with a flat-screen TV and a mini bar. The private bathroom with shower includes free toiletries.Txanka Erreka has a snack bar and the nearby town of Orio, just 15 minutes’ walk away, has many restaurants and bars.The hotel is just 1,000 feet from the A-1 Cantábrico Motorway. Zarautz is 3.7 mi away and San Sebastian can be reached in about 7 minutes by car.
- We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Txanka Erreka. Our stay was seamless and very comfortable. The hotel is a good and quiet place to stay in if you want to go around different towns in the Basque Region.
Small patio area where you can look up at stars, little light pollution due to setting between two hills.
Rooms were clean
Had a cute little gift for us due to it being our honeymoon.
- Comfortable beds, coffee machine and fridge in room. Good size room.
- Great value, great quality, clean – friendly staff
- Appeared “out of the blue” just as I needed it most, having just emerged from the tunnel walking from San Sebastian. Helpful staff, good food.
Offering free Wi-Fi, Hotel Txintxua is located 10 minutes’ drive from San Sebastián. This hotel features rooms with TVs and private bathrooms.The Txintxua has simple, modern décor throughout with wooden flooring. Each room comes with air conditioning and heating.Breakfast and light meals are served in the hotel’s café-bar, which is open until midnight. Guests can also purchase packed lunches.There are many charming traditional cider houses nearby. Hernani’s railway and bus stations are approximately 0.6 mi from the hotel. Free private parking is available on site.
- A nice room perfectly adequate for a one night stopover. Very helpful young guy on the Reception desk.
- Very friendly staff and helpful accessible very good
Simple hotel very close to the center. Just 15’ from San Sebastián, It’s a good choice cheaper than other options in San Sebastián.
The hotel is clean and the room is ok.
You can have breakfast for 3,50€ and it include: coffe/tea, toast/croissant, orange juice. Recommended
- Restaurant available on site.Close to motorway good for one off overnight stop.
- Once again this hotel and staff provided us with comfort, good food and a warm welcome.
This modern décor hotel is located in Urnieta’s Industrial Park, only 7 minutes’ drive from the city of San Sebastián. It offers free Wi-Fi and air-conditioned rooms.Rooms at Hotel K10 feature plenty of natural light. Each room has a flat-screen TV, mini-bar and a private bathroom with hairdryer and free toiletries.Hotel K10 offers a bar, and other facilities include a 24-hour reception, meeting rooms and luggage storage.The charming coastal towns of Zarautz and Getaria are 25 minutes’ drive from the hotel. Free private parking is possible on site.
- Breakfast is overpriced. Could cost MAXIMUM € 8.00 and no more.
Very clean and comfortable room, also very modern, friendly staff, good breakfast, the mini-bar had different things to drink, water others.
Very good location with good parking
- It was clean and the staff couldn’t do enough for you.
- The hotel staff was kind and helpful. The room was very clean.
- We booked this hotel just as a stopover and were positively surprised. Modern, clean, helpful and nice staff. Close to the highway and border with France. Bar and good restaurant for dinner (although the websites are not too clear about this, there is one! Meals are simple but very tasteful) and very complete breakfast.
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Zarauz is hotel on the Basque Coast, 9.3 mi from San Sebastian. It is only 350 feet from the beach and 1,000 feet from the Zarauz Golf Course. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property.Rooms feature a flat-screen TV and heating. The bathroom comes with bath and hairdryer.The hotel’s Santa Barbara restaurant offers a buffet breakfast, a daily set menu, and a children’s menu. It can cater for up to 200 people.Surfing is a popular activity in Zarauz, and the nearby countryside is popular for hiking.Bilbao is 50 mi away, while France is within a 20-minute drive on the nearby A-8 Motorway.
- Location close by the beach, friendly staff, very clean.
- Location was good. Room was large, excellent bathroom.
- It‘s quite cheap and close to the beach. Friendly staff.
Location was great. Close to beach and to the Camino del Norte.
Breakfast was adequate.
Lots of good beachfront restaurants nearby
- there is no problem with leaving the bike in the luggage room
Hotel Ibiltze is a modern, functional hotel just 4 miles from San Sebastian. All rooms are exterior-facing and have free Wi-Fi and a 32-inch flat-screen TV.The hotel offers excellent public transportation services to San Sebastian and throughout Guipúzcoa. Bus stops and the train station are both nearby.Free public parking is available by the Hotel Ibiltze. There is also a private garage, available for an extra fee.All rooms also have a telephone and a fan.The Ibiltze offers free use of a 27-inch computer in reception. There is no restaurant, but there are many restaurants nearby.
- Given the high prices in SS, this hotel was a good place to stay for one night.
- Staff were friendly and it is close to buses directly into San Sebastian which was the purpose of our stay. There was also private parking which was at an additional cost per day/night
- David gave us plenty of information and was super friendly! I would return to this hotel solely based on our interactions with him.
- Extremely clean, nice peaceful little town, perfect point to explore Donostia SS. The one-star hotel surprisingly better than some 3 star ones. Bus to Donostia stops very close to the hotel and in 20 minutes you are in SS.
- Staff was very friendly. Clean hotel and good location. Very calm city.
Top Hotels In Asteasu Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Asteasu Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Asteasu Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Asteasu Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!