10 Best Hotels To Stay In Assen Drenthe – Top Hotel Reviews
Assen Drenthe is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Assen Drenthe. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Assen Drenthe. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Assen Drenthe. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Assen Drenthe right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Assen Drenthe with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Assen Drenthe:
Van der Valk Hotel Assen
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Van der Valk Hotel Assen offers accommodations in Assen, just 16 miles from Groningen. The hotel has a terrace and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea from your terrace or balcony. All rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.You will find a gift shop at the property.A number of activities are available in the area, such as golfing and biking. The hotel also provides bike rental. Giethoorn is 25 miles from Van der Valk Hotel Assen, and Emmen is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 9 miles from Van der Valk Hotel Assen.
Breakfast was 3xcellent
Room suite as per expectations outlook less interesting
- I had a great room with a. Kew on the forest – the food in the restaurant is surprisingly good.
- Comfy beds, great bathrooms, huge balconies. The rooms here are very nice and I regularly stay here for work for 3-5 nights. Huge park next to the hotel that is great for going for a walk/run. You can also rent city bikes to get around Assen which is great.
- Breakfast is amazing. Rooms are superbly comfortable in this price range
- Very nice hotel, comfortable room, excellent restaurant and very good breakfast.
- Breakfast was 3xcellent
Best Western City Hotel de Jonge
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Best Western City Hotel de Jonge offers accommodations in Assen, just 15 miles from Groningen. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms have a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. The hotel also provides bike rental. Giethoorn is 27 miles from Hotel de Jonge, and Emmen is 20 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 9 miles from Best Western City Hotel de Jonge.
- Beautiful modern large clean room with great wheelchair accessibility in the center of the town near to the museum and shops. Very comfortable beds and a large bathroom with all the extra’s provided plus coffee and tea in the room.
Simple, nice, comfortable and large rooms.
I love this hotel!
- Large rooms in the middle of Assen . Cheap parking
- Breakfast in a cosy cafe was nice. Staff was lovely, bed was great.
- Staff were excellent and very friendly especially Bart. Rooms were great
De Bonte Wever
Located in Assen in the region of Drenthe, 16 miles from Groningen, De Bonte Wever features a playground and terrace. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. Some units feature a sitting area where you can relax. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk, hairdresser’s, and gift shop at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Giethoorn is 26 miles from De Bonte Wever, and Emmen is 20 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 10 miles from the property.
- Just nice to get a good quality hotel with a decent sized room. After some very poor budget ones this seemed like luxury.
- Room was large and clean. Breakfast had a good selection of food.
- Large onsite carpark, use of sports centre included in room cost. Large breakfast restaurant with good selection of food. Rooms clean and comfortable and very well insulated against noise from adjacent rooms. Easy walk into town. Hotel design very good with plenty of space in public areas. Hotel was full but never felt overcrowded. Would definitely stay here again.
- The new dining area is much better than it was before, however the food still needs attention.
- STAFF ARE VERY HELPFUL , ALWAYS WILLING TOO ASSISIT AND HELP ONE .
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Golf Lodge offers accommodations in Zeijerveen. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Groningen is 14 miles from Golf Lodge, and Giethoorn is 27 miles from the property. Groningen Eelde Airport is 7 miles away.
- Nice clean modern room. Property good enough to change booking date as we had initially booked for the wrong weekend. Really good bus service to TT circuit from the train station.
- Really convenient if you have to work at Assen circuit. The venue is absolutely beautiful. Staff was very kind to help me to check-in outside the usual hours.
- Excellent place to stay if you like to golf as it is on the golfcourse. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. It is close to the TT circuit in Assen (10-15 min) so you can stay there as well if you want to visit the races. Rooms are modern and clean, and so is the clubhouse, with a neat bar and restaurant.
- The food in Restaurant was very good and the staff excellent. So helpful and friendly. We stayed there for Assen MotoGP.
- Very expensive. However, we were there on the Assen TT weekend so we were charged 159 euros per night.
Fletcher Hotel – Restaurant de Zeegser Duinen
The Fletcher Hotel is in the Drentse Aa National Park in a tranquil woodland and a heather-field setting. It includes free Wi-Fi and free access to the indoor pool and the sauna.All rooms at the Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant de Zeegser Duinen include a balcony or a terrace, a flat-screen cable TV and a safe.The Fletcher Hotel–Restaurant de Zeegser Duinen is near highway A28 and is only a 10-minute drive from Groningen Airport Eelde. Groningen and Assen are both less than 20 minutes away by car. TT Circuit and TT Hal are 13 miles away.The Paviljoen Duinoord features an open kitchen where guests can see live-cooking from the chef as they prepare breakfast and dinner. La Lisiere offers lunch menus everyday and guests can enjoy their drinks on the terrace that overlooks the heath or in the lounge area with a fireplace.The Fletcher Hotel offers recreational facilities including a tennis court, a sauna and a tanning bed. There is also a children’s club and an bouncy castle. Guests can also use the bike rental and box lunch services.
- The value for money was good. Decent bed, Decent Room. The staff was friendly.
- Hotel is in a good location is good Truck show at Assen.
- Nice evening dinner. It was a buffet with enough choice. Relaxed and quiet stay.
- Plenty of birdsong, mornings and evenings, friendly staff, lovely area, easy to get into the swimming pool. Chess at one bar. Rooms were pretty good value. Near to National Forest.
- Nice room with balcony in the middle of nowhere. Free parking and real quiet.
Bitter en Zoet
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the garden, Bitter en Zoet is located in Veenhuizen in the region of Drenthe, just 14 miles from Groningen. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms have a TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms come with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk and gift shop at the property.A number of activities are available in the area, such as biking and fishing. The hotel also provides bike rental. Leeuwarden is 27 miles from Bitter en Zoet, and Giethoorn is 25 miles from the property. Groningen Eelde Airport is 10 miles away.
Great breakfast with fresh bread baked in Hotel Restaurant, in general great food, tinctures, variety of tea.
Very comfortable bed, plenty of room in the room.
The peace and tranquility of the hotel and the area.
A great place to rest and regenerate the body.
- very good location, friendly people, excellent breakfast. If I go to this place, I always choose them.
- Beautiful and peaceful location. The hotel integrated old and new without losing the feeling of history. Well done. Friendly staff. Nice food in restaurant. Local and biological.
- The dinner was delicious, staff was professional, everything was clean, village interesting.
- The bed was very comfortable. The staff more than friendly. Good food and the location was perfect for us. Walking distance to the theater.
- Great breakfast with fresh bread baked in Hotel Restaurant, in general great food, tinctures, variety of tea.
Hotel de Vriezerbrug
Showcasing a terrace and views of the river, Hotel de Vriezerbrug is located in Tynaarlo, just 10 miles from Groningen. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room has a TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience.There is luggage storage space at the property.A number of activities are available in the area, such as biking and fishing. The hotel also provides bike rental. Assen is 6 miles from Hotel de Vriezerbrug, and Emmen is 24 miles from the property. Groningen Eelde Airport is 3.1 miles away.
- Simple but comfortable room. Nice quiet location with easy access to Assen and Groningen. Good beds and simple but tastefull breakfast. Friendly staff that made some hot food not on the menu at our request which tasted good!
- Excellent value for money and close to the city of Groningen. Diner was very good and breakfast offered plenty of choice.
- The hostess gave good suggestions of places to see.
Very convenient for Groningen and Assen. Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast.
Pretty location, next to a canal. Quiet. Clean.
Good range of beers.
- Eten was goed, ontbijt ook, genoeg keus, brood was lekker vers. Bed was goed en douche ook.
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Hotel Norg offers accommodations in Norg, just 11 miles from Groningen. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room comes with a private bathroom.You will find room service and hairdresser’s at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Leeuwarden is 29 miles from Hotel Norg, and Schiermonnikoog is 31 miles from the property. Groningen Eelde Airport is 7 miles away.
- Location was great , windmill literally just across the road , manager , was amazingly helpful. Hotel very clean and tidy . Restaurant attached to hotel , food very good. A lot of other restaurants nearby. All within walking distance.
- The hotel was spotlessly clean and welcoming. We were met by the owner who went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. He made an early breakfast for me on one day and recommended local restaurants. They even noticed that we preferred tea rather than coffee so made sure we had plenty of tea bags in our room. Very very nice people and a great stay.
Super friendly helpful and welcoming host.
My room was at the back and so quiet slept very well
- The owner was really friendly and made us feel at home. The back garden is beautiful and quiet, the room was one of cleanest ones I’ve stayed at, very nicely decorated (simple but elegant) , so was the bathroom:) Will definitely come back, should we be in Drenthe!
- The owner was really helpful and accommodating as we were not arriving until mid night he made sure a key was left out for us to find, also they phoned me the day before to check our arrival times. We have never had this before.
One of our top picks in Norg.Hotel Karsten is located in Norg, 11 miles from Groningen and 29 miles from Leeuwarden. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms include a flat-screen TV.There is luggage storage space at the property.Schiermonnikoog is 31 miles from Hotel Karsten, and Giethoorn is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 6 miles from the property.
We thought the hotel staff were warm and friendly at all times from early morning
to late at night. They could not have been more attentive and helpful. The food
was superb and always fresh. The room was spacious and extremely clean! We
will definitely return and enjoy a wonderful stay at Hotel Karsten! It was super!
- Very rural location but with plenty of facilities in the village and a typical and authentic Dutch experience. Great family atmosphere and lovely staff too.
De kamers zijn redelijk ruim en prettig voorzien van ook een bureautje en zithoek met 2 goede stoelen, salontafel en leeslamp. Zitje buiten ook leuk, al is dat door ons nu niet gebruikt gezien het jaargetijde.
En in de badkamer waren naast de handdoeken ook washandjes, wat door ons zeer werd gewaardeerd.
De bar met lounge stoelen in verschillende zithoekjes was heerlijk. Mooi gedekte tafels in het restaurant gedeelte. Prima keuken voor het diner.
- Het restaurant en het café gedeelte is wel in de drentse sferen. Je voelt je er wel gelijk thuis
- Comfortabele lounge/restaurant om ook na de maaltijd gezellig te zitten.
- We thought the hotel staff were warm and friendly at all times from early morning
DroomHotel ‘t Heinenhoes
Located in Anderen in the region of Drenthe, 16 miles from Groningen, DroomHotel ‘t Heinenhoes features a terrace and views of the garden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Every room includes a private bathroom.You will find room service at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Assen is 5 miles from DroomHotel ‘t Heinenhoes, and Papenburg is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 9 miles from DroomHotel ‘t Heinenhoes.
The setting of the hotel was perfect – beautiful and peaceful. The surroundings were excellent especially for our daughter who runs a lot and our grandson who plays football non-stop.
The breakfasts were excellent and beautifully served.
- very friendly nothing to much trouble food very good
- Rustige ruime kamer met heerlijke bedden. Alles lekker fris en schoon. In een stille onbedorven landelijke omgeving. Naturel uitstraling, geen poeha of gemaakt design. Het 3 gangen diner was buitengewoon goed.
We hebben daar heerlijk ontbeten met lokale producten.
Daarnast hebben we er heerlijk gegeten er wordt met lokale producten gewerkt . Alles vers.
- Super gemütlich eingerichtetes Zimmer, herrlich ruhige, ländliche Lage. Sehr persönliche Betreuung. Wir kommen wieder!
- The setting of the hotel was perfect – beautiful and peaceful. The surroundings were excellent especially for our daughter who runs a lot and our grandson who plays football non-stop.
Top Hotels In Assen Drenthe Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Assen Drenthe to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Assen Drenthe but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Assen Drenthe. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!