10 Best Hotels To Stay In Artea Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Artea Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Artea Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Artea Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Artea Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Artea Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Artea Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Artea Basque Country:
Balneario Areatza Hotel
The Hesperia Balneario Areatza is set on the outskirts of the Gorbea National Park, 30 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. Set in gardens, it features a spa and free Wi-Fi.Rooms at the Balneario Areatza are spacious and have contemporary décor. All rooms have a TV, mini-bar and a desk.The hotel spa offers a range of treatments including hydrotherapy, facials and wraps. There is also a hot tub, spa and steam baths.The Balneario’s Aizea restaurant serves a range of buffet cuisine, while the Lur restaurant offers a variety of Basque dishes.The hotel has free, on-site parking for its guests. San Sebastián and Vitoria-Gasteiz can be reached in approximately one hour, by car.
- The staff at the bar was very nice and also the pintxos + snacks & drinks were good. The surroundings were nice for hiking.
- Big, comfortable and clean room. Very good and nice service.
- El chico de la recepción fue encantandor. Soy vegetariana y cuando fui a preguntarle si sabía el menú que había, habló con el cocinero y me hicierón comida expresamente para mi, para que yo pudiera cenar. Otra de las camareras majisima y muy atenta.
- La gentillesse du personnel et sa disponibilité. Surtout au niveau du bar de l’hôtel. Le spa (pensez à réserver indication donnée le jour de notre arrivée) à part le manque d’information : obligés de demander des serviettes et personnel limite désagréable à part la jeune fille de l’accueil. Aucune indication pour les bonnets apparemment obligatoires mais non distribués.
- Habitaciones grandes y limpieza excelente .buenas instalaciones
Casa Rural Etxegorri
Located in the Gorbeia Nature Reserve, Etxegorri Landetxea offers fantastic views of the Orozko Valley. Its elegant rooms come with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The rooms feature smart, modern décor and wooden furniture. Some have a hydromassage bath and others have a balcony and fireplace.The hotel serves a daily breakfast in the dining room. Traditional Basque dinners are also available on request.Staff at Etxegorri Landetxea’s reception can provide information about the Gorbeia Nature Reserve. There are many beautiful hiking routes in the surrounding area.With easy access from the AP68 Motorway, the hotel is 30 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. Vitoria-Gasteiz Airport is around 45 minutes’ drive away.
- The staff was amazing and the room was excellent and clean! The view is just breathtaking! I recommend it !
- Breakfast and dinners, everyday something else and all fresh where possible from their own garden , good beds, beautiful view, very nice people, comfortable rooms rooms, muy agradable
- Family-run hotel with excellent breakfast and set menu with local and fresh dishes. Served in a warm atmosphere.
- The great location at the entrance of the Gorbea park. We loved the diners with local products.
all food is home made, a bit expensive, but very good
it is a small village in front of a HUGE hill! The view is marvelous
stuff is extremely friendly, even if some do not talk english, we manage to comunicate in a mix of poor spanish (my side), poor english and portuguese (their side) and all worked very well
Ibis Budget Bilbao Arrigorriaga Hotel
Offering a continental breakfast buffet with coffee, pastries, cereals and fruits, Ibis Budget Bilbao Arrigorriaga is located just 10 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. Free WiFi is available in all areas.Each air-conditioned room includes a flat-screen TV and seating area with a desk. The private bathroom features a shower. All rooms have easy access for disabled.There is easy access to A8 and A68 Motorways with good connections to Santander and San Sebastian. Bilbao Airport can be reached within a 20-minute drive away.
- Ideal stopover for Bilbao ferry… easy to find and close enough to town for us to walk into bars and shops.
Hotel was easy to find with plenty of outside parking. The room was basic but perfectly adequate for one night stay and the bed was comfortable. There was a good park area across the bridge on the other side of the river for walking the dog.
Whilst the hotel has no restaurant, they can supply a basic pizza and have machines for coffee, soft drinks, beer and snacks.
About half an hour from Bilbao ferry port.
- As usual with IBIS properties facilities are always clean.
- It fits the money. The room is comfortable, a bit small but it is a place to sleep and leave, so it is ok. Breakfast is simple but enough. Reception people are friendly
- Clean, comfortable and best value for a stay in Bilbao, chosen for price and distance from the airport and port. Friendly welcome and great value buffet breakfast.
Surrounded by nature, this historic building is located on the heart of Ayala Valley. Hotel Errekagain is set on beautiful grounds and offers rooms with heating and free Wi-Fi.The Errekagain combines modern and antique design, featuring stone walls and exposed stone windows. The rooms have parquet floors and come with a TV and a private bathroom.The hotel also offers a furnished terrace with views of the mountains, as well as a cafeteria and a private parking. Staff at the reception provide tourist information.The nearest city is Lloido, which is a 5-minute drive, while Bilbao is 12 mi away. The accommodations can be reached taking the Bilbao-Victoria motorway.
- Convenient and first class service at the price paid.
- Chose because of location from ferry travelling to Javea and it accepted pets. It did not disappoint in both of these respects and was perfectly suited for an overnight stop. The room and hotel in general was spotlessly clean. The reception staff were very helpful and ordered us a takeaway to be delivered to the hotel. (they do not have food available) and we were supplied with a bottle of wine to have with our food. Breakfast was basic but again fine, with toast, croissants, cereals, ham ,cheese, juice and coffee available. The parking is at the back of the hotel and is not fenced or secure, but we did not have a problem. A walk along the river is fine for the dog. The area is a bit run down but the hotel if fine for an overnight stop. Be aware that no English is spoken so you need a bit of Spanish to get by.
- Good views from room and around hotel. Good value buffet breakfast. Friendly staff. TV in room and clean bathroom.
- this kind of place by the river ,is the type of place that you would want to stay a little longer just to enjoy the area and the river ,simply a beautiful hotel
- Nothing to rave about and nothing much to complain about.
Offering a terrace and hot tub, Osabarena Hotela is located in Murueta-Orozko, in the Basque Country Region, 12 mi from Bilbao. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms include a private bathroom with a spa bath, while others have free toiletries and a hair dryer. Some units feature a seating area where you can relax. Osabarena Hotela features free WiFi throughout the property. A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a shared lounge at the property.Vitoria-Gasteiz is 24 mi from Osabarena Hotela, while Castro-Urdiales is 23 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 20 minutes from Osabarena Hotela.
- Lovely building in quiet rural village. Beautiful hilly surroundings
- This is a spotlessly clean hotel with a lovely warm feeling about it. The owners were very friendly with much better English than our Spanish. We spent may be over an hour at breakfast nothing was to much trouble and just a take your time atmosphere perfect to relax in the small village location. This was a stop of for us after flying into Bilbao and it was wonderful only half an hour from the airport and a great place to unwind after a days travel.
- Charming little village and totally with taste renovated house. Clean and quiet. Parking in the front of the house.
- Excellent breakfast. Well decorated clean rooms. Free parking.
- stylish bathroom, comfortable beds, beautiful furnished room
This design hotel features an original 13th century tower, and offers facilities such as free WiFi and parking. It has a peaceful country setting surrounded by parkland.Set within the beautiful Gorbea Natural Park, just a short drive from Bilbao and Vitoria-Gasteiz, the well-equipped Ellauri also has a convenient airport transfer service.Enjoy a restful stay in your well-lit, soundproofed rooms, which come with a spacious terrace where you can admire the surroundings.The Ellauri Hotel- Adults only’s building is composed of stone, wood and glass. It houses colorful, sophisticated interiors, including a cafe and terrace.Spend the day exploring the impressive landscapes. You can enjoy cycling, as well as horse riding and hiking.Do some quiet reading in the library. You can also enjoy delicious regional meals at the hotel’s restaurant.
- Hotel is in peaceful location surrounded by beautiful countryside. The proprietors are lovely and couldn’t do enough for us. We had breakfast and dinner, both of which were to a high standard, particularly dinner which we thoroughly enjoyed. Would hope to return one day.
- The room was beautiful! Beautifully designed, spacious and nice views. Large breakfast with lots of choices, also for vegetarians. Owners try really hard to make your stay a pleasant experience and they are truly nice people!
- The food was perfect in the restaurant. Room was big and comfortable with fantastic view. Good airco. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. After 30 minute drive you have a very nice hiking area.
- The owners could not do enough for us. Great peopl
The owner was quite helpful in pointing out local hiking trails. Unfortunately we were not able to go on the hikes because of weather conditions.
Dinner was very good. We had the hake. For a starter we had tuna and tomato salad. Very good but we should have asked about salads with more greens. Dessert of apple crumble was delicious but needed a bit more ice cream to come out even.
Hotel Konbenio is located in Amorebieta-Etxano, 11 mi from Bilbao and 26 mi from Vitoria-Gasteiz. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms feature views of the garden or city. Hotel Konbenio features free WiFi throughout the property. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.Zarautz is 29 mi from Hotel Konbenio, while Castro-Urdiales is 27 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 11 mi from Hotel Konbenio.
- It was in the center of the city, near to good restaurants and bars. Very quiet street. It’s got its own parking but you have to be quick. The room is big and spacious.
- a small hotel right in the centre of town with car parking . i had a small single room but the bathroom was roomy . the view was of a car park and the room lights were not very bright . the location is good straight across the road into the central square .
- Nice old-style refurbished villa in the heart of Amorebieta. Lot of atmosphere. Nice rooms but a bit dark as windows are quite small. Walking distance to restaurants, bars and the train station (25 minutes ride to Bilbao). Free parking lot outside the hotel.
- The receptionist was very nice and took time to explain everything in the hotel thoroughly. Very helpful. It is a simple and beautiful building, well-situated about 100m from center. The inside of the building has a simplistic, rustic elegance to it that is warm. The room was very comfortable and had ample space. The city itself is surrounded by hills and mountains and maintains wonderful walking and cycling paths extending outward (the path to the south wends around the river along woodland).
El trato personal y cercano.
La chica de recepción muy atenta , me espero a que llegara aunque su horario había terminado.
Conveniently located next to Euba Train Station and the A-8 Motorway, Euba Hotel is just 20 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. It offers free Wi-Fi and modern rooms with a balcony.Hotel Euba offers a café service for drinks and snacks. There are also several restaurants just 2 minutes’ walk from the hotel.Decorated in neutral tones and dark wood furniture, the rooms include air conditioning and heating. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer.Euba Hotel is located in the heart of the Basque Country, 45 minutes’ drive from Vitoria and 50 minutes from San Sebastian. Durango and Amorebieta are 5 minutes away by car or 1 train stop away, while Bilbao International Airport is 16 mi away. Free parking is available on site.
- Breakfast was very simple, but effective for it’s price. The room was superb, very clean, comfy and luxurious. Nice and quiet location. Free and easy parking.
A nice size room and very clean.
Very nice bathroom facilities.
Cafeteria/restaurante is convenient, reasonable prices, with a pretty simple menu. The meals I had were good.
The WiFi service worked fine (slow, only a few times).
Big and airy room.
Spacious bathroom with shower.
- It was a clean and newly renovated building with a cafeteria style restaurant and bar in the basement run by friendly local people. The man at check in was very friendly and spoke English well. The food was good and staff there were friendly and helpful as well.
- Staff friendly hotel clean good value train station across the road .If you ask they have a locked garage where you can put bikes /motorbikes .
This charming hotel is located in Galdakao, just 10 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. It offers attractive rooms with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and a private bathroom.The hotel’s Petit Komité Restaurant serves gourmet Basque food, using fresh, seasonal produce. There is also a weekly themed evening, when the chefs offer dishes from around the world.Iraragorri has a garden with a terrace where you can enjoy a drink in the sun. There is also a jogging circuit and sports center nearby.Zuhatzu Train Station is next to the hotel, connecting you with central Bilbao in 15 minutes. There are also good connections to Santander and San Sebastián via the A-8 and A-68 Motorways.
- So cosy and incredibly friendly staff. Fabulous breakfast and train station is just two minutes walk, which takes you to Bilbao center in 15 min for only 2 euro’s!!
- We’ll equipped and quirky. It was fascinating talking to the owner about his father, an Athletico Bilbao and Spanish football legend! And the Rioja from his vineyard was fantastic!
- Hotel with large soccer history. Son and wife of owner were very n ice people. Hone made cakes wer very good, specially the rice cake. Kitchen was closed on monday which was a pity.
- The hotel looks very nice. Caution – it’s a bit difficult to find it if you didn’t make a Streetview survey beforehand. The train station for Bilbao is just 100 meters away. There are quite a number of steps inside and my wife has problems with them, but the staff did its utmost to help us, carrying our baggage inside without being asked (nowhere else in Spain anyone ever bothered about our baggage).
The hotel is a little shabby and could do with some refurbishment but, having said that, it is the sort of place that grows on you as it is totally one off. Bit like comfy old slippers ! By contrast, the restaurant is quirky, with plenty of interesting and individual touches. The food was delicious and interesting. They have an excellent chef. In addition, the staff and owner could not have been kinder or more attentive.
The other big plus about this place is that the local train station is 2 minutes walk down the road and will get you into central Bilbao in 20 mins. We wanted to visit the Guggenheim without taking our car and this was the perfect solution as parking is a problem, as usual in any big city.
If the owners were to upgrade the bedrooms, this hotel would have had a much higher rating from me.
Hotel Rural Matsa
The Hotel Rural Matsa is a former wine press in the countryside just outside Bilbao. There is free Wi-Fi and free onsite parking.The rooms are all individually decorated in a rural style. All have TV and telephone, and many have good views of the surrounding countryside.The Matsa has large gardens and a lounge with a fireplace.Hotel Rural Matsa is well located for exploring the area north of Bilbao. Train and bus stations can be found just 1,300 feet away; from here there are trains to Bilbao every 30 minutes. Bilbao Airport is about 1.9 mi away, and the hotel offers good access to the A-8 motorway.
- Very friendly and helpful owners. Nice tranquil location even though at edge of industrial area. Very convenient to Bilbao.
- The croissants were actually extra flakey. The place was great, an excellent, restful stop on our El Camino trek. There is a charming grey cat there as well.
- Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Food was delicious , fresh, and good value. Gluten free options were provided. I would wholeheartedly recommend Hotel Matsa.
- We went to this hotel with a purpose – to spend two days in Bilbao – whereupon we needed to park a full car and trailer safely. We did exactly that.
- Exceptional hosts and a marvelous communal dinner. Excellent value for pilgrims.
Top Hotels In Artea Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Artea Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Artea Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Artea Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!