10 Best Hotels To Stay In Amoroto Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Amoroto Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Amoroto Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Amoroto Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Amoroto Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Amoroto Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Amoroto Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Amoroto Basque Country:
Set on the Bay of Biscay, this charming hotel is located in Mendexa, 5 minutes’ drive from Lekeitio and 12 mi from Mutriku. It offers a seasonal outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Offering a private terrace with sea views, rooms at Hotel Garazar are bright and spacious and feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Hotel Garazar has a bar and an outdoor terrace. There is also a large garden area with sun loungers.Bilbao and the airport are less than 1 hour’s drive of the hotel. You can also drive along the north coast and visit Zarautz or San Sebastián.
- Beautifully executed rooms, super-comfy bed, proper power shower in spacious bathroom, lovely seating area for each mini-apartment (room does not do them justice) – with a wonderful view over the Bay of Biscay
- A fabulous hotel in a beautiful location. The owners were very welcoming and helpful
- The brother and sister who own and run the place are great. Nothing was too much trouble. Our Spanish is minimal at best but the sister’s English is more than adequate even though she claims it isn’t. Very clean throughout. Good value breakfast at €4 or €7 if you have eggs and bacon plus fruit on top of the base continental breakfast option. The position of the hotel is not in Lekeitio itself but about 2.5 kms up in the hills. This then gives you a very quiet and safe location with absolutely beautiful and wonderful views. The grounds are beautifully cared for and it was just a delight to stay there. The walk down to the town of Lekeitio is not really a walk as we believe that the journey down and certainly the journey up in the dark at night by car is preferable.
- Excellent location. Beautiful gardens and swimming pool. Very quiet with clean ocean air so sleeping was heavenly. Nicely designed architecture. The owners were super nice and helpful and spoke great English.
Quiet, only 6 rooms, fantastic view.
Exellent breakfast and very reasonable priced
One of our top picks in Lekeitio.This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. The traditional 18th Century building of Hotel Zubieta is situated in Lekeitio. All rooms are uniquely named and decorated, and have free Wi-Fi and satellite TV.A breakfast buffet featuring local produce can be served in the cafe or outside on the terrace. In the evenings hot and cold tapas are available.The cozy bar features original wooden beams and the hotel also has grounds where guests can relax.The Zubieta Hotel is just 30 minutes from Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve. It is also one hour from Bilbao and San Sebastián.
- Beautiful old hotel with lots of character. Lovely reception and bar area, also nice garden outside. .
- It was a great stay in a wonderful historical setting with a lovely garden to enjoy a glass of wine and to have dinner in. Easy 5 min walk to old town and beaches. Regional bus depot across the street for day trip transport to Bilbao.
- A really lovely boutique hotel in a peaceful spot on the outskirts of town with great parking. The staff were very welcoming to us and our dog, and the cafe facilities are lovely.
- The quietness,the superb service of the staff was incredible
- Nice having dinner outside in the ‘reserved for clients’ balcony during nice weather. Good food, friendly service, peaceful setting.
Silken Palacio Uribarren
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. The hotel is located on the shores of the Bay of Biscay, in the incomparable setting of the fishing town of Lekeitio.With many of the rooms boasting sea views, a cafe with a large terrace overlooking the beach. The hotel is a lovely setting for a relaxing holiday.Leikitio is a small Basque summer seaside town, with 3 lovely beaches and an attractive harbor, as well as a great selection of bars and restaurants.
- Nice rooms, fantastic view, excellent breakfast and very friendly stuff.
- Very modern hotel right on the beach and only a few steps from bars and shops. Our room was quite large with a lovely view of the sea, beach and marina.
- Very comfortable large rooms and a balcony with sweeping views over the beach. A nice relaxing stay, halfway between Bilbao & San Sebastian
- rooms were good, only issue was there was no air-con just a ceiling fan which was ok for the time of year. Pool was small but adequate, sea on your door step as was the small town which had amazing restaurants and tapas bars.
Very stylish hotel, great location, lovely friendly staff
Really great value for money
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. On the beachfront at Karraspio, this hotel affords beautiful views of the sea and is near the center of Lekeitio.Hotel Metrokua has light, double rooms, all equipped with a double bed and directly accessible from the terrace. The hotel features some very special spots, including the solarium terrace with spectacular views and ideal for relaxation. The lounge has a fireplace and comfortable sofas that also incite relaxation.In the seafaring atmosphere of the bar-cafeteria you will be able to sample the delicious tapas on offer. From here, you also have views of the beach, and at the rear of the house the beautiful gardens must not be forgotten.Accommodations that creates tranquility, intended as much for those wanting to visit the Costa Vasca, as those who stay for professional reasons.
- Nice location near the beach, clean and good shower. Free soft drinks provided and air con which helped as it was a hot night.
- Friendly helpful staff, great location and simple comfort.
- Everything:) Really the hotel is located further from the town centre which makes it really calm and peaceful. You can lie down on the terrace which looks on the beach, and you get a full day of sun to sunbath. The room is well equipped, comfortable, maybe a bit humid. We had dinner a couple of times, they serve very good food! We enjoyed our stay there.
Room had an amazing seaview with table and chairs outside and direct access to a large sun terrace. Peaceful location with garden and flower beds all round. Room was spacious with comfy bed and large modern bathroom. Lovely friendly staff and good food.
Walk into town is enjoyable and scenic.
- Great hotel in good location. Made to feel welcome with bowl of fruit in room and soft drinks in mini bar.
Located in the heart of the charming town of Lekeitio, just 1,300 feet from Isuntza Beach, Hotel Piñupe offers a bar, a restaurant and free WiFi in all rooms.Heated rooms at this property come with a private bathroom with free toiletries, shower and hairdryer. Bed linen and towels are provided.There are bars, restaurants and supermarkets in the surrounding streets.Hotel Piñupe is an hour’s drive from San Sebastián and a 30-minute drive will take you to Guernica. Bilbao is 36 mi away.
Good location, near to harbour.
Food and drink at taberna below hotel is decent quality, and breakfast is more than adequate.
Recommended – Lekeitio was an interesting place to stay
- The hotel is located over a popular local bar which serves breakfast and pintxos all day – what better way to connect with the community and see Lekeitio from the point of view of a resident: charming and homey, right down to the pigeon who makes the rounds under the barstools to eat the pintxo crumbs. The manager, who works from dawn to long past dusk, is welcoming and helpful, given the language barriers. In total, it seems to me that we lucked into a slice of coastal Spanish life, with an easy walk to the more touristy port area and the beauties of this coastal town.
- This place is a little gem of a town with a lovely marina food was also great with very welcoming people.Also great for our two dogs. The owner and rest of staff were amazing, so welcoming and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The tapas bar below us which is part of the hotel was fantastic, food was amazing and the locals were lovely. Can’t wait to get back there.
The hotel is located in a lively shopping street.
- The hotel was very welcoming. Issues during the booking phase were resolved between us and the hotel before we arrived. The food and drink service was very adequate, and it was easy to move ariund Lekeitio from the hotel.
- Good location, near to harbour.
Hotel Palacio Oxangoiti
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. This charming 17th-century building is situated just feet from the beach and Town Hall in Lekeitio, on the Basque Coast. The rooms with private bathrooms feature free wired internet and heating.Hotel Palacio Oxangoiti is a restored palace building that has been listed for its architectural value. It has spacious public areas with free Wi-Fi access.All of the rooms at the Palacio Oxangoiti include a bathroom with amenities and hairdryer and a TV. All have exterior views, some over the Medieval Santa María Church, and most have a balcony.The traditional fishing port of Lekeitio is renowned for its traditional seafood and tapas restaurants. The Oxangoiti’s friendly front desk staff can offer recommendations and arrange reservations at local restaurants.Hotel Palacio Oxangoiti is situated a 5-minute walk from Lekeitio Bus Station. Hourly buses depart for Bilbao. Guests can also take a boat to San Nicolas Island, with its beautiful beaches.
- Quaint Basque harbour town with nice clean sandy beach and reasonable priced bars and restaurants serving good food.
- Great old building. The owner was most helpful. Views over the plaza with a bit of harbor. Easy walk to bars and restaurants.
Lekeitio should be on veyone’s list for a short visit. A small old town section, adjacent small boat port and many walking opportunities will really give you a floor of the Basque region.
The hotel retains some of the old world feel, convenient to everything.
The young lady at check was full of enjoyable enthusiasm as she explain in part English, part Spanish with descriptive gestures, everything I needed to know. She was a joy to meet.
- Great location in the old town with a fantastic view and very close to quayside, beach and restaurants.
- This was a fascinating place – very old building with great character. A certain austerity when it came to comfort or luxury, but certainly adequate and reflected the ambiance of the setting. The staff did not speak English so communication was somewhat strained. Ok breakfast, nothing special. I guess what made it so intriguing was the location on the bustling main square and the building itself from the 1600s.
Hotel Rural Natxiondo
Offering free WiFi, Hotel Rural Natxiondo is located in Lekeitio. This 2-star hotel offers luggage storage space. The restaurant serves Spanish and Local dishes.At the hotel, each room includes a desk. The private bathroom is equipped with a shower, free toiletries and a hair dryer. At Hotel Rural Natxiondo each room is equipped with a closet and a flat-screen TV.A continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Hiking is among the activities that guests can enjoy near the accommodation.San Sebastian is 47 miles from Hotel Rural Natxiondo. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 32 miles from the property.
- ander and jon are exceptional human beings. we were honored to be guests in their home and to receive the insights into the culture and history that Ander’s wit and Basque passion provided.
- The owner/ manager was so very welcoming. It was a lovely place to stay. Breakfast was delightful and all home made jams and freshly squeezed orange juice. Perfect.
- The experience was wonderful- lovely building and superior hosts.
- Very nice place, in quiet and pleasant environment. Our host was very kind and gave us a lot of useful information about the surroundings. The room was comfortable and the breakfast very good.
Un hotel rural con encanto, donde se nota el trabajo bien hecho. Jon y Ander, joven pareja emprendedora, te hacen sentir en familia, te aconsejan sobre actividades en la zona y te informan de lo que necesites siempre con trato amable. Nos dejaron la llave del hotel por si llegamos tarde.. como en casa.
A un paso de parajes impresionantes que te ayudaran a descubrir.
El desayuno riquisimo, con zumo natural, tostadas y dulces. Eskerrik asko, chicos.
Hotel Antsotegi is located in Etxebarría, in the Basque Country’s Lea-Artibai Basin. This converted medieval blacksmith’s offers an adventure park and individually decorated rooms with cable TV, a private bathroom and garden views.The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Basque food for lunch and dinner, upon request. It has an attractive, open-plan lounge and dining room with sofas, a gallery and a large stone pillar.The countryside around Hotel Antsotegi is great for hiking, and you can drive to the coast in just 20 minutes. Bilbao and San Sebastián are both around 45 minutes’ drive away.
- Did not get accommodation, as booked, being transferred to other accommodation when we arrived. See comments elsewhere.
- Great location, friendly helpful staff, beautifully decorated and great value, and excellent breakfast.
- Everything was fantastic, beautifully restored building, rooms were comfortable with large balcony. The hotel was close to the village but far enough away to have peace and quiet in a stunning rural setting on a stream. We stayed for 2 nights walking the Camino, perfect place to rest or explore the beautiful Basque Country. Food was amazing, Fish cook to perfection. Staff brilliant, Jon is so helpful and so happy. Great to meet someone that genuinely loves life.
- Beautifully restored building. Beds were comfortable. Comfortable seating areas
A magnificent authentic Basque house, amazing layout of the rooms around the central space. House full of art and mementos of owners’travels around the world.
One of the best mattresses I have ever slept on.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Very good food.
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Zumalabe Hotel is set in the Basque fishing village of Mutriku. This small hotel offers simple, elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi, minibar and wonderful views of the port and sea.Rooms at Hotel Zumalabe have either a private balcony or large windows, with lots of natural light. They all include a plasma TV, climate control and a bathroom with hairdryer.Set on the Bay of Biscay, Mutriku is less than a one hour drive from Vitoria, Bilbao and San Sebastian. Free private parking is available at the hotel.Mutriku has various restaurants, serving local dishes such as fish stew and monkfish. The village is also famous for its canned tuna and anchovies.
- The whole place is a pleasure the Hotell it self is in a great location parking right outside the front door owner and staff are great in fact i have no negatives and will be booking a gain soon for next year.
- We had a stunning view from the room. Although breakfast was basic, it was good value for money and hot and cold drinks were available all day and the staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a great location with parking (but make sure you park correctly less you incur the wrath of the owner).
The serve yourself breakfast is available all day…. €5!
- The property is quite close to the center of town. The owners live at the site and property presents itself as a clean haven at the end of the day. Our room had a view of the harbor and was bright. The owners recommendation of a restaurant in the town was of a modest restaurant which prepared us a fresh fish dinner. All was well.
- The bed was very comfortable. Much more comfortable than many of the hotels that we stayed in that were 4 and 5 star. We had a spectacular view over Mutriku and the harbour. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. The Hotel Arbe – Adults Only is a modern and well-equipped hotel in an unbeatable location overlooking the Bay of Arbe on the Guipuzcoana coast.A drive through lush green areas will take you to the Arbes free car-park, one of a number of benefits that will make your stay a pleasant one.The Hotel Arbes comfortable rooms are designed with the location in mind, boasting large windows to give you the feeling that you are literally above the Cantabrian Sea.The hotel has an impressive outdoor pool, set in a peaceful setting.You can also use the free Wi-Fi to choose between one of the many high-quality restaurants nearby.The Arbe is a green hotel down to the last detail. Not only can you enjoy a lovely stroll through the surrounding oak forests and garden, but the hotel’s air-conditioning is powered by the regions geothermal energy.
- Great location and view. Easy to acces both Mutriku and Deba. Staff were great room was very comfortable. Breakfasr was delicious.
- Amazing ocean views from the rooms. Great location to take a walk in the mountains. Friendly and ready to help people.
.Fantastic views of the ocean
In fact lets just say everything about the hotel is “perfecto ”
Excellent service by Itzi and her husband, really above all expectations.
The property is modern and the rooms look to the sea.
We got super service here
- Fantastic view, great location, marvelous breakfast, all is clean, tidy, nice looking. I highly recommend it.
Top Hotels In Amoroto Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Amoroto Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Amoroto Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Amoroto Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!