10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ambergris Cay – Top Hotel Reviews
Ambergris Cay is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ambergris Cay. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ambergris Cay. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ambergris Cay. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ambergris Cay right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ambergris Cay with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ambergris Cay:
Captain Morgan’s Retreat
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Captain Morgan’s Retreat offers accommodations in San Pedro. There is a restaurant and guests can have fun at the casino. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Each room has a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is featured.You will find a tour desk, gift shop, and shops at the property.The resort also provides bike rental. Philip Goldson International Airport is 40 miles away.
- Facility was very nice and the on site store was great
- Only onsite restaurant and bar convenient – need taxi to go anyplace else. Staff and service was excellent – all travelers at hotel were pleasure to meet. Only constructive criticism was shower/water pressure wasn’t good. Suggestion would be to investigate see if is as simple as changing showerhead / if it is the water pressure well it wasn’t good but didn’t spoil trip
- View was beautiful, rooms were big and clean, full kitchen, very nice staff.
Awesome retreat and the reviews I saw prior to my trip did not show the true value for this place. Affordable but yet so much to do. This retreat looks like paradise, like the rest of the island, not many white sandy beaches but the retreat made up for it by having 3 pools andnplenty of areas to hang out under palm trees and enjoy cold drinks! Very private, only 10minutes by golfcart to town, 20 minutes to secret beach (a must see!)
Staff is AWESOME, very personable, they remember you, give you the right amount of privacy but asre looking out for you all the time to help you and make the vacation the perfect stay. We will go back here soon again!
- Property was well kept. The room was nice and the housekeeping staff did a great job. All the staff that worked on the property were super friendly and accommodating.
Costa Blu Adults Only Beach Resort
One of our top picks in San Pedro.Featuring free WiFi, Costa Blu Adults Only Beach Resort offers accommodations in San Pedro. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is free shuttle service at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. The nearest airport is Philip Goldson International Airport, 42 miles from Costa Blu Adults Only Beach Resort.
We really loved the staff. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. We want to give a particular mention to John, our bartender, and Wayne, who took extra time answering all of our questions. Very personable & welcoming.
The resort is a collection of small cottages located on the quieter north end of the island. San Pedro town is only a 15-20 minute boat ride from the resort, and there are many other resorts with restaurants in between. The resort has its own dive shop, which will happily make arrangements for scuba or snorkel tours. We enjoyed our meals on the restaurant’s patio and at the bar.
On our trip in February, we had no issues with bugs. The breeze was pretty constant but never bothersome.
Pool area is very nice
Rooms and veranda is cool
The time the bartender use to make your drink remind you that you are on holiday – takes for ever 🙂
Breakfast was excellent but evening menu often seemed nit particularly fresh.
Rooms are amazing with everything you could need.
Location is quiet and a little out of the way. A free water taxi would be good to town.
- Staff were awesome. Pool is beautiful. The property is central to everything.
- Airport shuttle was easy and quick. Staff friendly and efficient. The kyack was worth trying we all the way out to the barrier reef.
- We really loved the staff. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. We want to give a particular mention to John, our bartender, and Wayne, who took extra time answering all of our questions. Very personable & welcoming.
Cocotal Inn and Cabanas
One of our top picks in San Pedro – and a guest favorite.
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and views of the sea, Cocotal Inn and Cabanas is located in San Pedro. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms have views of the pool or garden. The rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is concierge services at the property.Free use of bicycles is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The nearest airport is Philip Goldson International Airport, 37 miles from the property.
- Great location. Far enough from town to be quiet, but close enough to walk to several restaurants. Also the dock on the lagoon side is perfect for watching sunsets.
- It’s all about scale. We wanted our own little casita, we wanted the same people behind the counter every day, we didn’t want a noisy bar. This was a perfect fit.
- This was an excellent location. Accommodations were perfect for our family of four. We rented a golf cart which kept the kids entertained. We did some scuba diving and snorkeling which were awesome. Ben arranged everything and did a great job.
The staff obviously took a lot of pride in the property. The Cabanas and grounds were very well maintained and very clean . The staff was always working at maintaining the grounds and facilities
Being picked up at the airport and getting the opportunity to purchase a few groceries was a big benefit. We also appreciated the ability to use bikes and kayaks for no charge and the ability to rent golf carts on site. Ben booked our tours and excursions and all were excellent and reasonably priced.
- Everyone was so friendly & helpful, from Ben the manager to the rest of the staff. The smaller size of Cocotal makes it more private & serene. We stayed in the spacious 1 bedroom unit in the main house which has a lovely ocean view. Most of the time, we had the pool to ourselves. There are plenty of restaurants nearby serving delicious meals. It was a wonderful & very relaxing vacation!
Lina Point Belize Overwater Resort
Showcasing an outdoor pool, year-round outdoor pool and barbecue, Lina Point Belize Overwater Resort is located in San Pedro. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.The nearest airport is Philip Goldson International Airport, 36 miles from the property.
- Roo was amazing, honestly the guy makes you feel like you’re home. The place was great but I’d go back just for the kindness and respect that guy showed me. Highly recommend the hotel but ask for Roo!
- We really liked Lina Point. Situated over the water at the end of a pier, the place is pretty unique compared to other places in San Pedro. Our view was great with water on all sides. The staff was all very helpful. An associated tour company picked us up at the ferry and gave us a ride to the hotel. They did offer to sell us tours upon arrival. While we were a little concerned we were getting scammed, we chose to book with that tour company. We were very glad we did, as the tour company was responsive and got us just what we needed at a competitive price (less than others paid for the same tours). We’d definitely stay here again.
- Location was amazing. And that they had their own restaurant as it was a bit remote.
- Amazing view. Amazing property. Outside of the main city but was definitely nice to get away. A lot of great restaurants and bars on the northern part of ambergris
- Location was nice above the water, spacious, modern and clean rooms. A little far from San Pedro itself, you need transportation if you dont want to walk half an hour.
Ocean Tide Beach Resort
One of our best sellers in San Pedro! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Ocean Tide Beach Resort offers accommodations in San Pedro. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. Every room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.You will find a tour desk at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. The nearest airport is Philip Goldson International Airport, 35 miles from the property.
- We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, its nice and small with only 8 rooms so you get to meet people. The room was huge with two large double beds, plenty of water out the shower and it was hot. We loved the fact you were right on the sea front so always had an ocean view even from your room. The pool was a bonus given you can’t really swim in the sea because of the seaweed. Its close enough to the restaurants and bars but far enough away that you don’t hear any noise. Raymond the barman made some great cocktails. The staff were so nice and lent me a kettle so I could make tea as they only serve coffee in the morning which I don’t drink.
- Staff was very helpful. I liked the location; right in front of the beach and away from the buzz but close enough to bars, restaurants and convenient stores. The complimentary punch was a nice touch and the bartender was very friendly and ready to help. The check in was quick and hassle free.
- Good location and reasonable value for the property.
- The room was spacious and very clean. Our view from the 3 floor was great! The staff are friendly and communicated well.
- Friendly and attentive staff. Bartender Ray was awesome!
Hotel Del Rio
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, Hotel Del Rio offers accommodations in San Pedro. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include views of the sea or garden. Every room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a tour desk and gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Philip Goldson International Airport is 35 miles from the property.
- Beautiful hotel, great staff, great view. Within walking distance to restaurants and town.
- Fantastic to be right there by the sea and very relaxing environment.
- Really friendly and great location, away from main drag but still on beach. Great place to meet other travelers under the palapa eating breakfast of toast and fruit. Can watch sunrise over the jetty, hire golf carts and bikes and explore the island. They can help you book tours. Short walk to bars, restaurants and the main pier.
- The room was very comfortable and clean and the maid service was excellent. Having a small refrigerator was very convenient and the room met all my expectations.
- Property was unique and well maintained. Beautiful breezes swept across the upper room. Great, large private balcony. Would definitely stay again
The Palapa House
Showcasing an outdoor pool and views of the sea, The Palapa House is located in San Pedro. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.The nearest airport is Philip Goldson International Airport, 35 miles from The Palapa House.
No reviews yet.
Seven Seas Resort
Showcasing an outdoor pool and sun terrace, Seven Seas Resort is located in the San Pedro town neighborhood in San Pedro.The rooms are fitted with a TV. Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms include a private bathroom.There is a shops at the property.Philip Goldson International Airport is 35 miles away.
- Customer service beyond reproach, bar none, Roberto, Anthony, and julio were first class, met kim and clint the owners. Folks with a great start on a very good vision
- Location is great. Staff was ok. Property rate is not worth at all due to size of room being very tight. There was no air-conditioning in 2nd bedroom which was also a living room. Pillows were missing. Shower head was missing.
- Location is amazing, right on the water. Dive shop across the street is FANTASTIC. Owners were fun and friendly. Lots of nightlife within a few blocks.
- The staff was really nice and helpful. The second room we got was clean.
- They were doing a renovation. It was noisy for much of the day.
Belizean Princess by Ramon’s Village Resort
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Belizean Princess by Ramon’s Village Resort offers accommodations in San Pedro. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Certain rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms.There is free shuttle service and gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. The nearest airport is Philip Goldson International Airport, 34 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Blue Tang Inn
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, Blue Tang Inn is located in San Pedro.Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the sea, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find free shuttle service at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking.
- Fresh cooked breakfast, luscious fruits, coffee ready at 6:00 a.m. Thorough attention to amenities of the room and hotel. Beautifully maintained. Excellent staff and management. Pickup and drop off at water taxi. From start to finish, attention as only a small hotel can deliver.
- Blue tang was very convenient to restaurants, grocery and activities.
- The room was comfortable and clean. Nice to be close to diving and restaurants.
- Fantastic room, great view, great staff, excellent location
- Staff was fantastic (thanks Germain and Roger!). The Hotel is within walking distance form the ferry of the airport. It is at the north end of town so it is a bit quieter but still close to town. For dinners try Elvi’s and Caramba, both are excellent.
Top Hotels In Ambergris Cay Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ambergris Cay to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ambergris Cay but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ambergris Cay. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!