10 Best Hotels To Stay In Amatitlán Guatemala – Top Hotel Reviews
Amatitlán Guatemala is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Amatitlán Guatemala. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Amatitlán Guatemala. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Amatitlán Guatemala. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Amatitlán Guatemala right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Amatitlán Guatemala with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Amatitlán Guatemala:
Located in Amatitlán in the region of Guatemala, 11 miles from Guatemala, Kawilal Hotel features a hot spring bath and hot tub. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room has a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 9 miles from Kawilal Hotel.
- Intereresting and pleasing modern architecture built to an eco-friendly standard. Large and well-appointed room with full-sized balcony.
- The hotel design was very unique. The pool and hot tub were lovely and warm. The menu was amazing and food was delicious.
- The concept of the hotel, the place where the rooms are located
- Spa treatments were nice, waiter staff was polite and complimentary breakfast was good.
- The rooms here are super cool and definitely unique! Really loved the kind of indoor/outdoor tub and the wall of windows in the room. Nice pool and hot tub area. Restaurant is pretty good.
San Gregorio Hotel & SPA
Showcasing an outdoor pool and sun terrace, San Gregorio Hotel & SPA is located in Villa Canales in the region of Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.Some rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or lake. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 12 miles from San Gregorio Hotel & SPA, and Antigua Guatemala is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 10 miles from the property.
- The staff was very friendly and the property is beautifu
- Great location. Spacious rooms that stand on their own with the most amazing view. Can be fairy busy on the weekends, so you might need to remind the staff for room service orders but a lovely experience overall.
- great views; peaceful and quiet; nice room and restaurant; had a great massage and enjoyed the jacuzzi
neck thingy part of the massage
- Excellent food, staff was amazing. Location is perfect. Embraced by nature and the tunes of birds.
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel
One of our top picks in Guatemala.Showcasing a spa center and sauna, Grand Tikal Futura Hotel is located in Guatemala, just 13 miles from Antigua Guatemala. The hotel has a sun terrace and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find free shuttle service, a 24-hour front desk, hairdresser’s and gift shop at the property.You can play racquetball at the hotel. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 3.1 miles from Grand Tikal Futura Hotel.
Zona 11 is a great choice for travelers interested in culture, food and Mayan ruins.
- Really good pool, gym, sauna and lovely restaurant. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Lots of towels and pillows
- It was within walking distance of most places I needed to come. I got a beautiful room with a spectacular view of the volcano.
- Rooms are big and comfortable but you can only use the a/c – no heating so it was cold. Swimming pool was crowed due to families spending Christmas holidays there.
- I’ve stayed in this hotel several times and enjoy the location, comfort, and friendliness of the employees. It is my favorite place to stay in Guatemala City! It is connected to a shopping mall, has another one right next to it, and is an excellent location. The pool and jacuzzi very nice and relaxing too!
Hotel Palacio de Doña Beatriz
Offering beautiful, colonial-style suites set around a courtyard, Hotel Palacio de Doña Beatriz is less than half a mile from Antigua’s historic quarter. It features an outdoor swimming pool, a hot tub and a restaurant.Each spacious suite at Hotel Palacio de Doña Beatriz has striking décor including rich colors and fabrics, and finishes such as colored tiles and terracotta floors. There is a 4-post bed, a sitting area with cable TV, and free Wi-Fi.An breakfast is served in the courtyard, where there is a fountain and plants. There is a also a charming lounge area and a library.Antigua Cathedral and Central Park are less than 1,650 feet from the hotel. The famous Agua Volcano is a 10 minute drive away.
Staff were excellent very accommodating. Late evening fridge breakdown fixed promptly. Arrived after volcano hike, shattered and early. Checked in early, welcome drinks.
Breakfast exceptional. Best we have had so far and included with our room.
- The staff were extra accommodating,warm,friendly. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Private gated community. Walkable distance into town.
- Breakfasts we’re delightful. Comfortable rooms and a warm greeting atmosphere. Plus a breath taking view from the Terrace.
- A nice secluded property. Individual suites, jacuzzi tub and nice view from the rooftop terrace.
- The staff could speak English and were helpful. The room was comfy. The property was very quiet.
- Staff were excellent very accommodating. Late evening fridge breakdown fixed promptly. Arrived after volcano hike, shattered and early. Checked in early, welcome drinks.
Porta Hotel Antigua
One of our top picks in Antigua Guatemala.In the historic town of Antigua, Guatemala, this hotel is within walking distance of main churches and colonial buildings. Porta Hotel Antigua offers a spa and an outdoor swimming pool.The rooms at Porta Hotel feature wood or carpet floors, and beam ceilings, while most of them have a fireplace and offer views of the pool or the gardens. There is another room section that can be reached through a tunnel, resembling a cloister.The spa offers a special indigenous steam bath called Temascal. There is also a beauty parlor and a massage room. Los Moros Restaurant serves traditional Guatemalan cuisine, and the bar offers snacks and drinks.The nearest bus station is one mile away. Guatemala City is a 35 minute drive away, while La Aurora International Airport is 40 minutes from the hotel.
- We never ate at the restaurant, but heard good things from others.
- The location was great…and in the center of beautiful Antigua. The atmosphere was pleasant but not outstanding.
- After staying in a couple of places with uncomfortable beds and general grunginess, the Porta felt like paradise with its beautifully decorated rooms, meticulously landscaped grounds, big fluffy pillows, in-room toiletries, and all the amenities you’d expect from a first-rate establishment. It feels like a resort in the middle of Antigua — without breaking the bank. Nighttime bed turndown included a different candy every day. If the Porta had been our first stop rather than our last, we might have stayed there the whole time.
- We loved the Porta Hotel! What we found to be most exceptional was the pool, gardens, room service (see photo below-this was less than $30 US and it was superb!), patio off of our bedroom, staff, attentiveness, location (there was a pharmacy, San Martin, and main square within two blocks), shuttle to the airport (there was a fee, but again we felt like the price was very low for the distance and service) and the we can’t say enough about the beauty of the grounds themselves…simply stunning. A true paradise!
- The fire place was a nice touch to a chilly night. All though they had celling fans heat and AC unlike other hotels in the area for the same price
Good Hotel Antigua
One of our top picks in Antigua Guatemala.Located in Antigua Guatemala, 14 miles from Guatemala, Good Hotel Antigua features a terrace and views of the garden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from Good Hotel Antigua.
- We liked the clean, modern decor, the super friendly staff, and the good food and drinks. We also liked that we felt as though we were in a guest suite at someone’s home – step out your door into the garden and “living” area for a drink, food, or to relax with others. We also really liked the concept of the hotel – using a business to do good by supporting and giving back to the community.
- Like an oasis in the middle of Guatemala and the staff is all part of a brilliant social impact effort that’s great for the region.
- Amazing boutique style hotel in a quiet street in Antigua. Beautiful rooms situated around a garden patio with great common area. Service and ambiance both excellent!
- Cleaness and location are the strenght of this hotel
- The clean lines of the architecture and the beauty of the gardens. I love the way the outside seating area brought everyone all together. It was quite and everyone was kind and exstreamly helpful. The idea that this hotel gives back to the community is a wonderful thing. If your looking for the same kind of stay around Lake Atitlan then check out Anzan House in San Marcos /Tzununa
Barceló Guatemala City
One of our best sellers in Guatemala! Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and playground, Barcelo Guatemala City is located in the Zona 9 neighborhood in Guatemala, just 15 miles from Antigua Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms have views of the pool or city. Each room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find free shuttle service, hairdresser’s, and gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
Zona 9 is a great choice for travelers interested in culture, Mayan ruins and food.
- Bed was super comfy and the amenities in the room were excellent. The location can’t be beat and the staff were always there to help with anything.
- Best breakfast! Great staff! Good location and free shuttle to the airport. Very enjoyable.
- I personally love the pillows, we got to be at the pool for a while and it was really nice.
- This property is beautiful, from the lobby to the pool,restaurants,gym,and shops The staff is very friendly most speak English.We ate at 3 of the restaurants including buffet,the food is amazing and fresh. The rooms good size and kept very clean. Very safe and comfortable
- Excellent buffets for both breakfast and supper! Lovely pool and enjoyed the hot tub too!
Hotel Casa del Parque
One of our top picks in Antigua Guatemala.Hotel Casa del Parque is located in Antigua Guatemala, just 14 miles from Guatemala. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.The rooms include a flat-screen TV. Some rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or garden. All rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles from the property.
- There were three double beds, the view was nice and the location was very central. Some of the staff were lovely and they printed off our boarding passes.
The location is great, steps away from the main plaza.
It was nice to have a pool, which is not common in Antigua. Traveling with kids it offered a good leisure alternative to the city.
- Thé location is excellent. A lot of pressure un thé shower.
- Helpful staff and awesome location. Would recommend to anyone travelling to Antigua!
- Location is perfect, and the hotel is really nice. Pool is not tempered but still is nice on a warm day. When returning late to the hotel, they close the front gate, but someone is there to open. Good stay.
Hotel Real Plaza
Featuring a terrace with swimming pool, an extensive garden and free Wi-Fi in all areas, Hotel Real Plaza is a 10 minute walk from the Antigua Central Park and from the cathedral.The rooms and suites offer rustic décor, safe, wardrobe and cable TV. Some of the accommodations may feature a fireplace and the suites have whirlpool bathtub. The bathrooms have a shower and toiletries.The on-site restaurant at this hotel serves regional cuisine, and also the guests will find a variety of food places within less than half a mile. The breakfast in included on the rate.Hotel Real Plaza is 1,300 feet from the Antigua Handcraft Market and half a mile from the Colonial-Art Museum. Guatemala Capital City and La Aurora International Airport are a 40 minute drive away.
- The gardens were beautiful and location was secure. Breakfast was great!
- loved the architecture, and the place was convenient, very close to everything
- Here you can enjoy life and feel good. Good breakfast, nice staff, clean and frächt room. Wonderful garden and nice pool. We had booked two nights and then proceeded but booked another two nights. The guard on the back was very helpful and pleasant, as we often walked through that gate. The only thing missing was a hair dryer, convinced that there was lending if it had been needed.
Rooms and furnishings attractive
and authentic. Desk people very helpful.
- Room was fairly comfortable, but not much more so than a hotel 1/3 the price.
Holiday Inn Guatemala
One of our top picks in Guatemala.Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Holiday Inn Guatemala offers accommodations in Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. All rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is free shuttle service, gift shop, and shops at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. La Aurora International Airport is 1.2 miles away.
Zona 10 is a great choice for travelers interested in food, sightseeing and history.
- In an easy to get to area, my business associates were able to meet me here easily. Also it is close to the airport. Many things to do in the area of interest. Safe for walking, even at night. I have stayed here many times and will continue to do so! Thanks!
- Very nice hotel with excellent breakfast, nice rooftop swimmingpool
- Great place to stay in Guatemala City. Close to the airport, nice pool, comfy beds and great location for restaurants and bars! I would definitely stay here again.
- Great city view, super comfortable bed, perfect location for shopping and dining.
- FABULOUS breakfast and helpful and friendly staff:))
Top Hotels In Amatitlán Guatemala Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Amatitlán Guatemala to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Amatitlán Guatemala but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Amatitlán Guatemala. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!