10 Best Hotels To Stay In Abertillery Gwent – Top Hotel Reviews
Abertillery Gwent is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Abertillery Gwent. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Abertillery Gwent. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Abertillery Gwent. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Abertillery Gwent right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Abertillery Gwent with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Abertillery Gwent:
The Lion Hotel
Located in Blaenavon, 21 miles from Cardiff, The Lion Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.Bristol is 31 miles from The Lion Hotel, and Weston-super-Mare is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 29 miles from The Lion Hotel.
- Staff were brilliant,a warm welcome and nothing too much trouble. The breakfast was very tasty. Clean ,warm and very comfortable.
- Crisp and clean linen, sparkling clean room. Comfy quality bed. Spacious and powerful shower. Naturally friendly staff. Calm atmosphere. Delicious food from a varied menu. Good location.
- Lovely big bath and bed was really comfortable hotel was in a perfect location to eat or shop walking distance
- The staff were excellent and incredibly welcoming. The breakfast included in the price was delicious and a lovely bonus. My bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spotless with an abundance of towels. It was toasty warm too!
- Staff in the evening were great, as were the locals in the pub…up for a great discussion on Rugby and politics!
The Little Crown Inn
Located in Pontypool, 17 miles from Cardiff, The Little Crown Inn features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.Bristol is 27 miles from The Little Crown Inn, and Weston-super-Mare is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 25 miles from the property.
- Sunday lunch was lush all fresh produce and deserts amazing. Breakfast is excellent.
- The service was outstanding, staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean and well presented and the bed was very comfy.
- The size of the room was very good. We didn’t stay for breakfast as the snow was falling heavily and what with the Inn being at the top of a steep slope we needed to get away before the snow became too deep. We ate at lunchtime after we arrived and it took quite a while to arrive which put us under pressure as we had to get to Cardiff.
- Breakfast was excellent. Food in the restaurant was also great and reasonably priced. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We had to stay an extra night as we got snowed in. It was great to just relax in the comfort of the bar and our rooms for an extra day. The staff could not have been more accommodating and we met some of the lovely locals.
- Great recently renovated premises. Well presented, good service and very clean. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again and thoroughly recommend it to anyone else. The food was top quality too.
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel
Located in Pontypool, 16 miles from Cardiff, Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bristol is 25 miles from BW Pontypool Metro Hotel, and Weston-super-Mare is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport, 25 miles from Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel.
- Very clean room with good facilities and comfortable bed
- For me, it was the hospitable reception and friendliness of the staff that make all our stay enjoyable. Furthermore, the facilities were the bonus addition wonderful and homely. Thank you for making our stay an excellent experience.
Plenty of choice for breakfast.
Cleanliness of room and hotel
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Hotel was mostly very noise fre
- I was pleased with everything about the hotel. The room was warm and clean, the bed was comfortable and the en-suite was excellent. I can honestly praise the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I did not have food or drink there and cannot make a comment about that. I stayed for two nights. The hotel is based on a busy site, but any possible outside noises did not penetrate into the room at all.
- used hotel as a base for rugby international in Cardiff..commuted to city via taxi and train as we have done so before albeit from another nearby location. Travelled with my two sons [age 30 and 33] It is an excellent location as such. We found the staff especially helpful, polite and happy..this costs nothing and makes a considerable difference to the experience.Many thanks to all
Maes Manor Country Hotel
Immersed within 9 acres of beautifully manicured lawns and forest in Blackwood, this majestic manor house enjoys an elevated position on Maesrudded Hill, with spectacular views out over the valley.Originally built in 1892, Maes Manor Country Hotel has been carefully refurbished to offer the modern comforts of the most contemporary hotels alongside the traditional ideals of a charming country house. The picturesque grounds offer magnificent views out over the surroundings, far from the stresses of everyday life.Offering convenient access to the nearby M4 highway, during your stay at Maes Manor you can easily explore the wonderful surroundings, including Newport, Cardiff, Cwmcarn Forest, Caerphilly Castle and the Brecon Beacons.
- Excellent warm friendly staff that could do enough to help.
- The staff and the room were all that could be asked for – very pleased all round
- It had everything required for a business hotel stay in comfortable and quiet surroundings
- The hotel was warm and the bed very comfy. Lovely and quiet too!
- Lovely hotel with amazing views. Executive room was very spacious and comfortable. We’ve stayed here 3 times now.
The King’s Arms
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The King’s Arms offers accommodations in Ebbw Vale, just 21 miles from Cardiff. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You can play darts at the inn. Newport is 16 miles from The King’s Arms, and Hereford is 28 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 27 miles from the property.
- Owners very nice, helpful couple. Wish them all the best.
- everything the owners where very friendly and helpful, I will stay again
- Staff very pleasant and courteous, rooms very clean, good breakfast.
- Owner very happy to help and accommodate our needs.very friendly and chatty
- The owners and the local people were very friendly and helpful
Originally a 16th century farmhouse, this friendly country inn is set in its own grounds, overlooking the small town of Blackwood, near Newport, with the Brecon Beacons within easy reach. Pengam Train Station is 2.7 miles away and there is a bus interchange just 0.5 miles away.There are 15 modern en-suite rooms, each with satellite TV. WiFi access is available throughout.Brewers Lodge was once owned by the family of the infamous Captain Henry Morgan.Just a short distance from some of the region’s most beautiful woodland, the lodge is nevertheless within easy reach of the cities of Newport, Cardiff and Bristol.
- I booked here for one night as it was cheap and close to where I was working
- The staff were excellent and very helpful. We arrived quite late on a very snow and icy night. The restaurant was closed so the receptionist made us a sandwich and tried to cover all our needs.
- A friendly place , nice bar area , rooms in need of updating ! Although to be fair this is being done at the moment .
- Food was amazing, but shame they don’t serve cooked breakfast until 12pm
- Close to the venue we were attending. Bar area and atmosphere lovely.
Cambrian Inn is located in Tredegar, 20 miles from Cardiff and 17 miles from Newport. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is an ATM at the property.Hereford is 30 miles from Cambrian Inn, and Ross on Wye is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 26 miles from the property.
- Very clean modern spacious rooms lovely breakfast
- Clean room and bathroom we got a family room so bed was really big, friendly relaxed staff and nice breakfast included with stay
- Lovely people, fantastic room, lovely breakfast and cool bar/atmosphere in the evening!
- Good price for the accommodation and Breakfast. I didn’t find any other place close to Rhymney and this one was the best option.
- The staff were so friendly which really made me feel welcome. I travelled alone and felt safe and looked after. Even though there was a band on it did not disturb my stay. Comfy bed and clean room!
The Kings Head Hotel
One of our top picks in Abergavenny.The Kings Head Hotel is located in Abergavenny, just 25 miles from Cardiff. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You can play darts at the hotel. Newport is 16 miles from The Kings Head Hotel, and Hereford is 21 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 32 miles from the property.
Room was spacious and very comfortable could have done with another chair.
Breakfasts were excellent
- Staff were excellent…rooms could do with an upgraded
We received a lovely welcome when we arrived at this very nice and friendly family run hotel where our room was warm and comfortable.
We slept well in comfortable beds and enjoyed a rather large Welsh breakfast in the morning.
The Indian restaurant integrated with the Hotel certainly had a very good menu and could also be sent to your room.
Some on street parking is available but just around the corner is pay and display parking which is right behind the Hotel.
The railway station is a short taxi ride away and was under four pounds,
Our visit was to attend a wedding in the town and our accommodation could not have been more convenient,
Thanks again to everyone who were all so helpful and friendly and made our visit so special.
- Professional and helpful staff.good value for money.
- God clean basic single bedroom and ensuite.Poor TV signal for BBC
- Room was spacious and very comfortable could have done with another chair.
Kings Arms Hotel
Located in Abergavenny, 24 miles from Cardiff, Kings Arms Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property.Certain rooms include a private bathroom with a hot tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. You will find a kettle in the room. A TV with satellite channels is provided.There is luggage storage space at the property.Newport is 16 miles from Kings Arms Hotel, and Hereford is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 32 miles from Kings Arms Hotel.
- Large comfortable room and love the ‘sloping floors’ nothing in a straight line, old quirky feel to the place. Great service and the food was superb.
- I really look forward to visiting here. The staff are always very accomadating to any request. This week I had requested a room with a bath but on arrival was allocated a room with a shower. No fuss or nonesence, straight away was given a change of room. The whole place has a great feel about it. Breakfast is fab and the location is perfect being so central.
- Quirky characterful old inn with a welcoming relaxed atmosphere. l had to visit Newport and this was the nearest dog-friendly accommodation that l could find. Staff were friendly, helpful and efficient in all areas. Reception staff even helped to collect luggage from my car and carry bags to the room. Breakfast was outstanding in choices, quality of ingredients, cooking and presentation. Even my dog was happy with the choice of treats at the bar and the welcome and attention he received from the staff. Far better atmosphere, food, bar prices and value for money than the usual iimpersonal chain hotel – and dog welcoming!!!!
- Everything was great. Been there several times and will continue to go to the King’s Arms. Great location and everything is amazing. Room, food, staff are all superb.
- Really nice breakfast, beautiful room, friendly staff
One of our best sellers in Abergavenny! Plas Derwen is located in Abergavenny, 24 miles from Cardiff and 31 miles from Bristol. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. The rooms include a private bathroom.Newport is 16 miles from Plas Derwen, and Hereford is 21 miles from the property. Bristol Airport is 32 miles away.
We enjoyed the room which was in ground floor annex adjacent to the hotel, and it had an extra large bathroom. The hotel was chosen due to its proximity to Abergavenny station.
The meals were fine, but we had to wait due to a large group ,but this was explained prior to our arrival. There was no overnight noise as the Hotel is in a residential area. Everything in the room worked and the staff were really friendly and helpful.
- Lovely staff . Comfy bed . Everything you needed.
- Evening meal was suburb and the breakfast was very tasty, the staff were very helpful and polite and made us all feel very welcome. We would definitely return for another stay
- Good food . Heplful friendly staff and dog friendly.
- The room was outside the main building, but very spacious, warm, you could open the window, a wonderful bath/shower, convenient parking, friendly staff.
- We enjoyed the room which was in ground floor annex adjacent to the hotel, and it had an extra large bathroom. The hotel was chosen due to its proximity to Abergavenny station.
Top Hotels In Abertillery Gwent Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Abertillery Gwent to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Abertillery Gwent but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Abertillery Gwent. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!