10 Best Hotels To Stay In Aberangell Powys – Top Hotel Reviews
Aberangell Powys is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Aberangell Powys. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Aberangell Powys. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Aberangell Powys. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Aberangell Powys right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Aberangell Powys with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Aberangell Powys:
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Dolbrodmaeth Riverside Hotel is located in Dinas Mawddwy. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Certain rooms include views of the river or garden. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is provided.You will find ticket service at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as biking and fishing. Aberystwyth is 26 miles from Doldbrodmaeth Riverside, and Betws-y-coed is 27 miles away. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is 55 miles from the property.
- Variety of food excellent .Staff very attentive and helpful .
- Hotel situated in beautiful part of Wales. Views and scenery spectacular.
- Breakfast options were plentiful and quality of food very good.
- The location is beautiful, the staff were very friendly, the bed was really comfortable and the food was excellent.
- Great location. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Excellent breakfast.
With a magnificent location, surrounded by the stunning natural beauty and dramatic scenery of the Snowdonia National Park, the Tynycornel Hotel looks out over its 222-acre fishing lake.With the majestic mountains of Cader Idris reflected in its waters, Tal-y-Llyn Lake is more than a scenic asset; the hotel owns the lake, which is noted for its superb fishing. Tynycornel was a well-known fishing hostelry as early as 1800 and guests enjoy priority access to Tal-y-Llyn’s prized waters, together with fine river fishing.Sensitively refurbished, Tynycornel is a solid, traditional building, rich in original character and traditional charm. The rooms have splendid lakeside or garden views and guests can also stay in the adjacent accommodation, converted from old farm buildings. All rooms have private bathrooms, TVs, telephones and tea/coffee making facilities.There is a spacious lounge overlooking the lake and the quiet bar and restaurant both offer a high standard of cuisine with an extensive wine list.
breakfast was very good , the room was great with excellant views across the lake and mountains
the staff were always on hand and smilling and very helpful. nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.
Nice lakeside location and nice staff at a very reasonable price. We booked late so only their smallest double room was available – and it was very small!
The lounge is very nice to come back too in the evening and the restaurant is excellent.
We can recommend Tynycornel and will return another time – but will book earlier and get a larger room.
- We had an excellent experience. It was the 5th time we had stayed there and will definitely return.
- Everything was perfect nothing was too much for the friendly and courteous staff
- The staff very kindly put a special touch on mine and my partners room as it was our anniversary, the location was everything and more it was stunning! And everything about the hotel exceeded my expectations!
- breakfast was very good , the room was great with excellant views across the lake and mountains
One of our top picks in Dolgellau.Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Royal Ship offers accommodations in Dolgellau. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.The area is popular for biking and hiking. Aberystwyth is 24 miles from Royal Ship, and Betws-y-coed is 24 miles from the property.
- Staff always so friendly and welcoming – breakfast is awesome!!
The breakfast was fantastic.
Location is perfect.
John was brilliant and looked after our party over and above expectations.
Staff very friendly and knowledgeable
- Great hotel, no issues. Exelent in every way, very pleasent staff. Quiet despite very central location.
- The staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was brilliant.
Brigands Inn offers accommodations in Mallwyd. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the mountains or lake. Every room includes a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.You can play darts at the inn. Aberystwyth is 26 miles from Brigands Inn, and Betws-y-coed is 28 miles away. The nearest airport is Liverpool John Lennon Airport, 56 miles from Brigands Inn.
- The homely feel, the food was lovely and the rooms were clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely. good location.
- Service and staff went the extra mile to meet customer requirements.
The service was excellent
The stay was perfect and facilities amazing would recommend to anyone
- The hotel was excellent as were the staff – friendly, helpful and welcoming. The bed was very comfortable and the food was excellent.
- Dinner was delicious and the overall atmosphere of the place was lovely. Very friendly.
The White Lion Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, The White Lion Hotel offers accommodations in Machynlleth, just 16 miles from Aberystwyth. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a TV. Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.Bala is 25 miles from The White Lion Hotel, and Barmouth is 12 miles from the property.
- Comfy bed, good decor. Like the separation of the double bed and single bed in the family room. Great breakfast
Great bar area and pub with real ales and a real fire.Good atmosphere.
Cooked breakfast was very good.
- Big room and although very busy in the pub the room was quiet
- Good location in the middle of Machynlleth. Pretty good value for the accomodation.
- The property meet expectations. The meal was good and a nice selection of beers. The room was quite and the breakfast was good.
Located in Dolgellau, 23 miles from Aberystwyth, Gwernan Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or lake. Each room includes a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries.Betws-y-coed is 26 miles from Gwernan Hotel, and Bala is 19 miles away.
- The owners were very friendly, helpful and understanding. Rooms were beautiful, breakfast great and the bar cosy
- The couple who owns the hotel are great hosts. Couldn’t feel more welcome. The hotel room and bathroom was immaculate, newly renovated and absolutely spotless. Bed was comfy, and the overall atmosphere of the hotel is quaint and homely.
- We liked the warm and friendly welcome from the owners, who had a helpful attitude without being intrusive.The food cooked by the owner was delicious.The bedroom was warm and cosy with a very comfortable bed.The hotel is set by its own lake with beautiful surrounding countryside.It is a fantastic area for walking and very peaceful.
Great location with easy access to the town and nearby walks…., the most helpful new owners ….and the excellent freshly cooked food.
The room was very comfortable with good facilities. New Year’s Eve was an excellent evening
- Beautiful location, very peaceful, very clean and extremely good breakfast. Ideal position for touring north Wales.
One of our top picks in Barmouth.Featuring a bar, The Tilman is located in Barmouth.At the hotel, rooms have a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. All units at The Tilman include air conditioning and a wardrobe.The area is popular for cycling and hiking.Aberystwyth is 21.1 miles from the accommodation, while Betws-y-coed is 28 miles away.
- Central location , fantastic service, high standards in cleanliness, breakfast excellent, and the beds so comfortable ,
- Everything was fantastic from the room to the breakfast! The staff were so friendly and even when we had car trouble they were more than helpful.
- Very stylish, contemporary decor. Extra large bed very comfy and large bath was welcome after a day walking. Large room and breakfasts were excellent.
- Location is spot on. The place was absolutely fantastic . You wouldn’t expect such a little pearl in a tiny simple city what lives from mostly hikers and climbers. The rooms were freshly and very attractively designed. (more fore younger people taste I would say) The cleanliness and the details makes it so nice. The quality is excellent in the room. great hot shower and good pressure (lots of place bleeds out on this details). Lower level rooms are seems to be bigger but the upper floor’s has nicer views. Bar under the rooms are quality (Gin bar) style. Absolutely fantastic breakfast (and they make good real espresso too not just weak black coffee which is a huge + point). Maybe not the cheapest in the area but the place is right next the beach and has parking plots too. Absolutely recommended.
The bed was really comfortable and the shower was amazing. Breakfast was good except no soy milk.
Nice bar area and good selection of wines.
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel sits high in the hills of the Berwyn Mountains, overlooking Lake Efyrnwy. The estate features an award-winning restaurant, luxury spa and on-site clay pigeon shooting.With wonderful views, the elegant rooms at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa feature a flat-screen TV and a work desk. All rooms have a luxurious bathroom with quality toiletries and fluffy robes.The stylish restaurant has an AA Rosette, and serves a creative evening menu and fine wines. Tower Tavern Bar features real log fires, free Wi-Fi and a grand piano, and there is also a terrace.The impressive spa features aromatherapy rooms, monsoon showers, fragrant mist showers, a sauna and hot tub. There is also a fully equipped gym, tennis courts and lake fishing facilities.On the edge of Snowdonia National Park, Lake Vyrnwy Hotel is within an hour drive of Shrewsbury and Wrexham. Free on-site parking is available, and the Welsh Border is a 30 minute drive away.
- Excellent all around! This was a spur of the moment trip that turned out to be one of the best trips we’ve ever had! What an amazing place! The location is amazing, views are stunning, staff were friendly & helpful, the bed was soft and comfy, breakfast and lunch were delicious and we were lucky with the sunny weather aswell 10/10 all around!
- Fantastic remote location with beautiful views looking over the lake. Buildings had character and were well maintained.
- Superb location . Extremely clean and staff very friendly and helpful
breakfast was lovely. plenty of choice.
cleaning service was good,
good size comfy bed.
- Breakfast was gorgeous. ..you couldn’t go without service from all staff was good
Bae Abermaw Hotel
One of our top picks in Barmouth.This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, Bae Abermaw Hotel offers accommodations in Barmouth, just 21 miles from Aberystwyth. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.All rooms are fitted with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. Betws-y-coed is 28 miles from Bae Abermaw Hotel, and Bala is 23 miles away.
- The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our family room was a great size and had a fabulous view.
- We know the hotel well and held our daughter’s wedding there, ten years ago. The management has changed since then – we found the current team to be very friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel is set in a beautiful location overlooking Barmouth Bay and the river estuary. The food is excellent and the service exemplary.
- The size of room was excellent and the location to Barmouth was fantastic.
- Very clean and spacious rooms. Very polite and helpful staff. Beautiful view from the room and a lovely variety of things for breakfast.
- Breakfast and food were amazing. Great room with an amazing view.
Gwesty Minffordd Hotel
Located in Tal-y-llyn, 21 miles from Aberystwyth, Gwesty Minffordd Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Certain rooms have views of the mountains or garden. All rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Betws-y-coed is 28 miles from Gwesty Minffordd Hotel, and Bala is 19 miles from the property.
- We knew there were no TVS so it was not a problem. The owner gives us a good tip of where to see the Jets too
- Perfect location for walking up cader idris, very scenic, excellent breakfast. Good value for money
- Service and food are excellent! Location is perfect for people who don’t have a car but still want to spot aircrafts in Mach Loop. Owner of hotel is a very nice and warm-hearted gentleman and he gave me lots of advices during my stay. In conclusion, highly recommended!
- Nostalgia – my grandparents used to stay here in the 1950’s. But it’s been modernised since, and it has all the comforts you’d expect. And the food is exceptionally good. I am not usually a potato fan but the Minffordd triple-cooked chips are something else !
We had an enjoyable experience thanks to the attentive service provided by Gordon.
It’s an ideal hotel for walkers because of its location and it felt cosy with the roaring fire and the variety of bottled local real ales.
The food was delightful and there was plenty of it. Their full Welsh breakfast was a struggle to complete.
A great find worth a visit.
Top Hotels In Aberangell Powys Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Aberangell Powys to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Aberangell Powys but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Aberangell Powys. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!