10 Best Hostels To Stay In Venado Guanacaste – Top Hotel Reviews
Venado Guanacaste is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Venado Guanacaste. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Venado Guanacaste. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Venado Guanacaste. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Venado Guanacaste right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Venado Guanacaste with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Venado Guanacaste:
Pipe House Playa Grande
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a barbecue and a private beach area, Pipe House Playa Grande is located in Playa Grande in the region of Guanacaste, just 1.1 miles from Tamarindo. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom fitted with a shower.Bike rental and car rental are available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking.Playa Conchal is 6 miles from Pipe House Playa Grande, and Playa Hermosa is 21 miles away. Liberia Airport is 28 miles from the property.
- Staff was great and flexible about payment, let us pay with paypal when we were running low on cash. By far the cheapest thing we could find last minute in this upscale area. You could probably save money by staying Tamarindo and then take the quick little boat across the estuary or a taxi if you want to spend time in Playa Grande. But the pipes are a cool concept and very nicely designed, constructed, and decorated, and attracted an interesting group of travelers. Common shower/bathroom area clean and attractive, outdoor common kitchen decent and provides whatever you need for cooking. Just beside the beautiful beach.
- Love this place, the open kitchen area is amazing . The only thing missing is a pool but the ocean is right there . Felipe is a great host and it was very clean that’s why I kept on extending my stay 😉
- Felipe was an excellent host! Always available but not intrusive. I have traveled a fair bit and Playa Grande has the most amazing beach! We met some interesting people from all over the world. I am glad we had a car even though Tamarindo is less than 2 kilometers away it is a 45-minute drive. You would have to Google Map it to understand
- The location was lovely – right on the beach and the kitchen facilities were great!
- We love the experience at the Pipe House ! It took us a little bit of time to find it because there is no sign. Felipe is in amazing host, he gave us recommendations and we hanged out a little bit. The place is clean, AC and super cute ! Highly recommended if you want to experience something different
Tamarindo Hostel Resort
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Tamarindo Hostel Resort is located in Tamarindo, 7 miles from Playa Conchal and 22 miles from Playa Hermosa.The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Playa Grande is 1.6 miles from Tamarindo Hostel Resort, and Nosara is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 29 miles from Tamarindo Hostel Resort.
- I was in the shared co-ed rooms and I had a great time! I felt like my belongings were totally safe in the lockers, and the room’s A/C was nice and cool to come back to after a long day in the sun. The hammock area was great and everything felt very open and clean. Definitely will go back!
- Very clean hostel. Helpful staf, Close to beach. A bit of a noisy place but it is in the center of the tourist town.
- This was my first hostel experience (also as a solo girl traveler) – chosen based on the online reviews, and it’s probably given me unreasonably high expectations for my subsequent travels. The facilities were spotlessly clean and the staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming, and detail-oriented – one of the wonderful receptionists at the front desk even remembered my name and followed up to make sure I’d found a locker for my stuff in the room. My Spanish is fairly poor, and even that was nary a hindrance to the experience. The group rooms are what you’d expect of a hostel in regards to layout and beds, but were also bright, clean, and with linens that are changed regularly. The hostel is right across the street from the beach, with hammocks on a lovely patio, and nestled in a busy corner of town with access to everything you might need – restaurants, grocery, internet café, and laundry all within a 5 minute walk or less. Could not have asked for better.
Close proximity to everything, beach, Market, restaurants, pubs, sodas, bank, etc. Bustling nightlife, especially on weekends. Friendly and helpful staff, and good vibes all around. We felt safe in and around Tamarindo Hostel Resort and around Tamarindo overall. Check out the night market just behind the hostel and Nogui ( by the beach for great seafood ).
We enjoyed the lobster omelette for breakfast immensely. NEXT UP Playa Grande.
- This place was really nice. Very quiet and chilled. There’s a nice terrace with hammocks and the dormitory room is very nice- air conditioned, clean and very spacious.
Coral Reef Surf Hostel and Camp
One of our best sellers in Tamarindo! This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Coral Reef Surf Hostel and Camp offers accommodations in Tamarindo, just 7 miles from Playa Conchal. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play ping-pong at this hostel, and bike rental and car rental are available. Playa Hermosa is 22 miles from Coral Reef Surf Hostel and Camp, and Playa Grande is 1.7 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 29 miles away.
- Good location, lots of communal space to sit and eat outside your room, free coffee available, never had to wait for a toilet or shower as there were 4 of each
- You didn’t need a car everything was within walking distance lots of good places to hangout easy comfortable beds
- Everyone in Costa Rica is super friendly. Many thanks to our hosts who recommended us great spots.
- The beds were nice. And they had a lot of places to relax not just in your room.
I really enjoy the facilities on this hostel
I went to play volley during the weekend 🙂
The conditions were really good to stayed at the beach and to enjoy the hostel, cooking, etc!!!!
There is a nice spot in the public areas and people who attends are kindly
The best wishes to next visitor on this hostel a big hug to Sharon, Andreas, Don Daniel and the girls who always do the coffee in the early morning and clean the common areas
Playa Grande Surf Camp
Located in Playa Grande, 1.3 miles from Tamarindo, Playa Grande Surf Camp features an outdoor pool and barbecue. The hostel has a sun terrace and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels and DVD player is featured.There is a shared kitchen at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental. Playa Conchal is 6 miles from Playa Grande Surf Camp, and Playa Hermosa is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 27 miles from Playa Grande Surf Camp.
- A chill place to stay just in front of the beach. In my opinion it is overpriced for what the installations offer, but it is average for the area.
- Environment, access to the beach, open kitchen, spacious bedroom, good surf instructor
- Host treated us like family from the outset. Outstanding and reasonably priced restaurant. Quite close to the airport. Across the street from the beach. Relaxed and safe.
- Nice crowd, super friendly staff and welcoming people
- I loved the diversity of guests staying there. Sarah and Sam were so accommodating. I would suggest that a light sleeper might not want to stay in one of two “tree houses” as the morning light comes right through the shutters and the howler monkeys are quite loud ( if you are a camper like myself then you will love staying in one). I always worry about dirty bathrooms in a hostel, these were very clean to my relief!
Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. This property is located just steps away from the beach in Tamarindo. Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp offers accommodation-only stays and surf camp packages in private rooms and shared dormitories.Surf Camp Packages include accommodation, surf lessons, board rental and an excursion. Free WiFi access is available and there is free public street parking.Each room here will provide you with air conditioning. There is a full kitchen with a microwave and an oven. All rooms feature an ensuite bathroom with hot shower.At Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp you will find a common area, board rental and surf shop. Other facilities offered at the property include laundry service, a tour desk and luggage storage.Playa Ventanas is 8.1 miles away and Liberia International Airport is 39.8 miles away.
Bed was very confortable for a hostel/bunkbed even the pillow. A/C worked just fine, almost cold at night. Small hostel so relativiely quiet but a lot of friendly people, not a party hostel. Beach right across the street. Good coffee shop next door and cornerstore across the street.
Wifi was always working, good connection.
- Actual aircon, not just a loud fan as most places have. Chill hammocks (if only you could enjoy them without having smoke puffed in your face)
The location was amazing, very close to the beach and you could borrow your board straight into the hostel
There was nice communal area where we all hanged out. People were great there
- It has a great location near the beach, but the staff was not really nice. It was somewhat clean
Huge surf board selection at your finger tips ready to take to the beach… literally across the street.
Hammock & couches makes the place cozy and warm. Especially after exploring and surfing.
Owner is really kind, helpful and available for any inquiry you have about your stay and the activities to do around Tamarindo.
2 corners away there’s the best local food street, managed by a lady that cooks the best chicken sticks around. Good budget / top quality.
Epic sunset happening every night and many shops to consider for souvenirs & gifts all around the hostel.
Good coffee place next door.
- Bed was very confortable for a hostel/bunkbed even the pillow. A/C worked just fine, almost cold at night. Small hostel so relativiely quiet but a lot of friendly people, not a party hostel. Beach right across the street. Good coffee shop next door and cornerstore across the street.
Casa Esmeralda offers accommodations in Tamarindo. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Playa Conchal is 5 miles from Casa Esmeralda, and Playa Hermosa is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Tamarindo Airport, 2.5 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Showcasing a barbecue and sun terrace, Casa Mymy is located in Paraíso in the region of Guanacaste, just 7 miles from Tamarindo. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a coffee machine in the room.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Playa Conchal is 14 miles from Casa Mymy, and Playa Hermosa is 28 miles away. The nearest airport is Tamarindo Airport, 8 miles from Casa Mymy.
- Really nice place to meet people, have nice dinners and close to the beach! Mymy is super friendly!
- the place is beautiful and has a very personal touch. perfect for people looking for a relaxed atmosphere away from the crowds. Mymy is an excellent host and even invited us to an excellent christmas dinner and a moroccan tagine.
- Set amidst nature, a large rustic grounds … hammock under the stars if you like. A Costa Rican experience away from the tourist traps. Mymy is an inspiration… she owns and runs the place with love after a corporate career. The lodge used to be a family home, and feels like one. The two dorm rooms are what used to be cosy bedrooms upstairs. Downstairs is the lounge and kitchen. The house is all wood, so has that charm. Playa Negra is a surfing beach. There’s no town, just a few homes, a store, and two fairly expensive restaurants (why?). There is one resort on the beach. I got there from Tamarindo on a $15 shuttle … took maybe 25 minutes on bumpy dirt road. You can take a public bus from Santa Cruz, 90 minutes, $2. Go if you’re a surfer, or just want some quiet Costa Rican time. Don’t go if you’re looking to party… it’s not even a one horse town.
- Casa Mymy is one of the best hostels I ever stayed in! The house is beautiful, beds are comfy, the kitchen is well-equipped (and so is the outdoor BBQ!) and the bathroom is always clean and tidy. The host Myriem is an amazing person, very welcoming, and made me feel at home for the week I was there. The beach is only a short walk away and the waves are pretty damn good too!
This hostel is amazing. Mymy is a friendly, gracious and helpful host. She makes amazing dinners and her place is beautiful.
There are many monkeys that are right outside the place, as well as birds and beautiful flowers, very cool to see.
The common area is warm and inviting, with big couches and hammocks.
It’s very serene, great place to relax.
The kitchen is fully stocked with
everything you’d need to cook.
One of the best hostels I’ve stayed in, highly recommend!
Rupia Manzu is located in Santa Cruz, just 9 miles from Tamarindo. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Playa Conchal is 14 miles from Rupia Manzu, and Playa Hermosa is 26 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tamarindo Airport, 9 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
PURA VIDA Hostel Tamarindo
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Located just a 5-minute walk from the ocean, this coastal hostel features free Wi-Fi and extensive shared areas, including kitchens and a lounge with hammocks, a pool table and games. Hotel Pura Vida Tamarindo is less than 1.2 miles from Las Baulas National Park.Each private room at this hostel features air conditioning, safes and a private bathroom. The dormitories feature lockers and fans.Guests will find a variety of dining options within a 5-minute walk, including many beach-side seafood restaurants, bars and restaurants.The property’s bilingual staff can help guests arrange outdoor activities like surf lessons, kayaking, sailing, catamaran cruises and shuttles.Liberia International Airport can be reached within a 1-hour drive.
- best hostel i ever stayed at! I always travel alone and never have i felt more loved and welcomed than at Pura Vida. It is perfect for everyone, single travelers, families, freinds etc. The hostel was clean, cosy, comfortable and just awesome through and through! and not to forget the greatest staff in the world and the most perfect surroundings. Thank you Thomas, Ana, Sandra and Darren, i miss you guys so much! <3
- Less than 5 min walk from the beach + very cool staff + takes credit card
- Super friendly and helpful staff, great vibes and very clean rooms and facilities. Rocking chairs and hammocks everywhere… Perfect for groups as well as lone travelers!
- Walkable to everything. Great staff. Respond to requests quickly. A/C. Live music night where everyone chilled in the hammocks and rocking chairs. Met a lot of people
- Old run down place for US$ 44 a night… Booked through Booking.com and they charged my credit card right away. The place had 2 well equipped kitchens, lots of day beds in common areas, 2 large nice common areas. Not too far from the town.
La Oveja Negra
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Tamarindo, 8 miles from Playa Conchal, La Oveja Negra features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property.A TV is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk and shops at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hostel. Playa Hermosa is 22 miles from La Oveja Negra, and Playa Grande is 1.7 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 29 miles from La Oveja Negra.
Loved the music and food in the restaurant!!! Cute girls everywhere!!!!!!
- This is the BEST PLACE IN TAMARINDO!!! The nightlife was fantastic everyday, I met so many beautiful people from all over the world. I took a 3 day surf camp with Carlos and I already know how to get up on the board! They arranged 2 shuttles for me that were on time and hassle free. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience.
- The location was GREAT, the vibe was relaxed, the room was very large, clean and well decorated, and the staff was very nice.
- Nice bar with good breakfast. Helpful staff and nice environment. Live music at night.
- The staff, food, and pool are great! The rooms are somewhat what you pay for..
- Comfortable bed!
Top Hostels In Venado Guanacaste Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Venado Guanacaste to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Venado Guanacaste but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Venado Guanacaste. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!