Ulba is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Ulba. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ulba. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ulba. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Ulba right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Ulba with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
Skip to the most popular hostels in Ulba.
10 Best Hostels In Ulba:
Situated in Baños, 10.6 miles from the town centre, Camping Paraiso features an outdoor swimming pool. With free WiFi, this hostel offers a shared kitchen. The property has a restaurant and shared lounge.At the hostel, rooms include a wardrobe. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.The daily breakfast offers continental and gluten-free options.You can play table tennis at Camping Paraiso.
No reviews yet.
La Casa Verde Eco Guest House
Located in Baños in the region of Tungurahua, 25 miles from San Andrés, La Casa Verde Eco Guest House features a sun terrace and views of the mountains.Some rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. The hostel also provides bike rental. Riobamba is 26 miles from La Casa Verde Eco Guest House, and Ambato is 19 miles away.
- If you come to Banos, STAY HERE! I would rate this place an 11 if I could. It was quiet, peaceful, had a garden, was right on the river, it had beautiful views and the staff was incredible!! They can help you find day trips that are much more than the typical Banos canned-adventure tourism. They also gave us an upgraded room for the same price and the breakfast was killer! Best homemade bread in South America. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- A beautiful view through the windows, very clean, hot shower
- The only place to stay when you are visiting Banos!! Staying on the river is so beautiful. Be sure to splurge for the room with the balcony and view over the river – it’s very slightly more expensive. The mother and son managing the hotel are wonderfully helpful and anxious to please. The town itself is a short taxi ride away (about $2) and is an interesting busy place to visit. For breakfast, we always had a freshly cooked egg, done as you preferred, and there was lots of bread, yogurt, cheese and fruit. Johann took care of ordering bikes delivered to the door for us, lasagna delivered in the evening, information for things to see and do.
- The rooms were spacious. The breakfast was excellent.
- The owners are back in Australia and the place is for sale, but Johan and Angy, the new managers, are doing a great job. They were very helpful and attentive. The breakfasts were ample and delicious. The brownies were to die for. The patio and room overlooking the river was very nice. The location was a bit too far from town to walk every day, but I liked the fact that it was so quiet and near the river. I like that the room had a large window with a screen so the room got light and air. Excellent value for the money.
Great Hostels Backpackers
One of our best sellers in Baños! Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Great Hostels Backpackers offers accommodations in Baños. The hostel has a barbecue and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Each room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hostel. The hostel also provides bike rental. San Andrés is 24 miles from Great Hostels Backpackers, and Riobamba is 25 miles from the property.
- Everything was good, the main area was really relaxed! Nice rooms and kitchen.
- Room was clean and comfortable. Good value for money. We availed of the free dinner on the Mon night (available Mon, Tue, Wed). We got pasta, pesto and Parmesan. Plentiful and very tasty. My boyfriend got seconds as they had made extra. Great potential but they need to sort the wifi.
- Great social atmosphere in the common areas. The rooms were great with bathrooms contained in the 5-bed dorms. It was nice to be outside the busy tourist town of Banos. The food was really good and well priced.
- I would definitely stay again. Has most comfortable beds ever. Spacey dormitory. Perfect breakfast. Unbelievably clean. Great location.
Amazing environment, staf helpful and nice.
You can make your tours there! And the breakfast was delicious ☺️
Hostal Charvic 2
Featuring free WiFi and a playground, Hostal Charvic 2 offers accommodations in Baños. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms have views of the mountains or garden. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find free shuttle service at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. The hostel also provides car rental. San Andrés is 24 miles from Hostal Charvic 2, and Riobamba is 25 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Showcasing a terrace and views of the mountains, Backpackers Balcones is located in Baños, just 24 miles from San Andrés.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.You will find free shuttle service at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. The hostel also provides bike rental. Riobamba is 25 miles from Backpackers Balcones, and Ambato is 18 miles from the property.
- The beds were really comfortable, the room was big with a little couch and desk area, awesome balcony with hammocks right outside our door, and a private bathroom that joined our room with another room. The hostel itself has heaps of common areas with comfy seating and balcony space with views of the mountains and surrounding areas. Kitchen is small but well-equipped. Location is out of the city centre so nice and quiet at night. There’s bike rentals and tour info if needed.
- I really liked this place. It’s very pretty with all the flowers everywhere and the constant sound of the river. It’s a really laid back place with many pretty yet rustic places to sit and hang out. The view of the volcano from the 3rd and 4th floor balconies is absolutely stunning. The beds are really comfortable and there’s enough blankets for cool nights. I like that I could just relax in my room or go out and find people in the kitchen or on one of the balconies to have great conversations with. Manuel is a really nice guy. He’s not a bossy owner. He just likes taking care of his place which you can see from the very healthy plants in the garden. If you want to make sure he’s there when you arrive, send him a WhatsApp become you come, tell him what time to expect you, and ask him to meet you there. It’s no big deal.
- We had a room + private bathroom and kitchen with small balcony. With a view on the forest and mountains. Very clean and comfy beds. Large room for 3 people.
It is nice to be able to use the kitchen but would be nicer if there was more cutlery available. 🙂
Very cosy and social place.
- Location is excellent, property owner is also good person.
El Recreo Backpackers
One of our best sellers in Baños! Located in Baños, 24 miles from San Andrés, El Recreo Backpackers features free WiFi access and free private parking.Enjoy a cup of coffee from your terrace or patio. The rooms come with a shared bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this guesthouse and the area is popular for hiking. Riobamba is 25 miles from El Recreo Backpackers, and Ambato is 18 miles away.
The owners were really nice! Helped me with anything I needed and even gave me a ride to the bus station after I checked out.
Also a great location! About 15 min walk from the center so it’s quiet but accesible.
- The place is very tranquil and set back a bit from the main town. I felt safe there as a solo female traveler and the family that owns the place is really lovely! They went out of their way to help me and because of them I had a great stay in Banos.
- The staff was really friendly and helpful! The views from the roof are incredible..you could spend hours watching the clouds cover and uncover volcán Tungurahua, and if the sky is clear you can stargaze! The laundry is free (but pin your clothes to dry because the wind may throw them off the line). It’s quiet and you get more for what you pay.
Amazing place! The rooms are very spacious and clean. Each room has its own bathroom and there are lockers as well.
Outside there are some hammocks, great to relax after a busy day in Baños.
The kitchen has everything you need to cook and, if not, just ask the owner Marcelo for anything you may need. He is one of the nicest man I’ve met in Ecuador btw. He and his family will make you feel right at home.
Other nice things about the hostel: laundry is free and Marcelo’s son bakes from home, so there are bound to be some cake leftovers that you can eat 🙂
- Furnished Kitchen. Nice staff giving information about the town and activities. Relaxing area
- The owners were really nice! Helped me with anything I needed and even gave me a ride to the bus station after I checked out.
Casa Arte Huillacuna
Casa Arte Huillacuna is located in Baños de Agua Santa and features free Wi-Fi access, shared kitchen and free breakfast included with the rate.The functional rooms here will provide you with a TV and cable channels. Featuring a shower, the private bathrooms also come with towels and linens.At Casa Arte Huillacuna you will find a 24-hour front desk and a tour desk on site. The property offers a common use lounge with a fireplace. The property also has over 200 works of art from different styles and from about 30 different artists from Ecuador. The work of pre-Columbian cultures can be seen at the small archaeological museum at Casa Arte Huillacuna.The property is 3.7 miles from Tarabita. Baños de Agua Santa is located in central Ecuador, in the foothills of Tungurahua Volcano. There is a restaurant area within 650 feet. The tour desk can arrange trips to local sights.
- The art is beautiful and interesting, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts are wonderful. It’s only a short walk to the cathedral, market, restaurants and shops, but is on a quiet, peaceful street.
- The art and vintage objects that fill this hostel make it an absolutely wonderful place to stay. There’s so much to look at and it’s a great place to spend a rainy day playing cards. Hostel staff had good restaurant recommendations and offered a daily room clean. I would definitely stay here again.
- Unique hotel with lots to see. You will never forget this place. Good breakfast. We stayed an extra night because Banos has so much to offer!
- Super friendly staff in this quirky hostel. We loved the art which adorns the walls, and the breakfast was excellent. The fire place was also a nice touch!
- great breakfast! very special ambiente. for art lovers……
Santa Cruz Backpackers Hostal
Santa Cruz Backpackers Hostal offers accommodations in Baños. San Andrés is 23 miles away.Some units have a terrace and/or balcony with mountains views. Towels are available.Santa Cruz Backpackers Hostal also includes a barbecue. Guests can enjoy a drink at the on-site bar.You can play darts at the property, and bike rental is available. Riobamba is 25 miles from Santa Cruz Backpackers Hostal, and Ambato is 18 miles from the property.
- I liked this hostal, it has a nice fireplace and it was calm and clean. I also liked the little hammocks outside the rooms.
Relaxing vibe, very close to the centre of town. Walking distance to restaurants, bars, hot springs and supermarket. Staff were very friendly and there was plenty of information regarding activities.
For the money, one of the best places to stay in baños.
- Perfectly fine. Would recommend this Hostel to everybody!
- This hostel is brilliantly located a short walk to the centre of Baños where one can find many great restaurants. It has a decent kitchen though if you’d rather cook for yourself (though it is too small for more than one person to cook at a time). The place is constantly being cleaned and tidied which was much appreciated, as were the free towels and hot water in the showers! They also have big lockers which could fit a backpack and more which I greatly appreciated. The wifi works solidly. Overall a very good and easy stay and would recommend to others.
- Very cool place! It’s nice to sot by the fire and listen to some good musoc at night!
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Transilvania offers accommodations in Baños, just 24 miles from San Andrés. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A TV with cable channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Riobamba is 25 miles from Transilvania, and Ambato is 18 miles from the property.
- Comfy bed, got towels and soap. Great location and quiet at night.
Incredible nice personal, great atmosphere. It really felt good to be there.
Breakfast was 2 $ and it was pancakes with some fruits -tasty!
- The room was clean. I was on the 3rd floor and it was quiet.
- The staff was great and very helpful. We booked the canyoning trip through the hostel which was awesome. The breakfast is quite good and reasonably priced. The location is great as it’s close to everything but not too loud.
- Staff where easy to communicate with, good value for money, comfortable bed. Great range of tours and partnership that is pretty much all the activities in Banos. Access to a common room with Netflix and lockers.
Hostal Plantas y Blanco
One of our best sellers in Baños! Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Hostal Plantas y Blanco offers accommodations in Baños. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.You will find a gift shop at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking and hiking. San Andrés is 24 miles from Hostal Plantas y Blanco, and Riobamba is 25 miles away.
- Nice location. Stuff seems competent. Many hostel activities, we went on a bike tour to visit some waterfalls. The Rooftop is pretty cool. They have a tv room and pool table.
- Very comfortable hostel in the middle of town, good beds and spacious dorms, cosy restaurant and nice rooftop bar. And THE BEST SHOWERS IN SOUTH AMERICA!
- Great hostel, I really liked it here and stayed for 6 nights. There is a cool bar on the roof with good views and an open wood fire in the evenings. My room was spacious and always very clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful.
- Perfect staff, awesome living room and terrasse, breakfast a bit expensive but really good.
- Located near restaurants and bar. Good for only a one night stay.
Top Hostels In Ulba Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Ulba to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Ulba but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Ulba. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!