10 Best Hostels To Stay In Sestao Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Sestao Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Sestao Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sestao Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sestao Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Sestao Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Sestao Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Sestao Basque Country:
Residencia Universitaria Blas De Otero
Residencia Blas de Otero is a short walk from Abando Train Station and Bilbao’s Old Town. The world-famous Guggenheim Museum is around 1.2 miles away.The Residence is home to students of the University of the Basque Country. It includes a TV and DVD lounge, a games room, a gym and a self-service laundry room. Snacks and drinks are available from vending machines.There is free Wi-Fi access in public areas of the Blas de Otero. The Residence also has a 24-hour reception with a tour desk, which can provide information about the city.This residence is open to the university community all year round. If you are not a member of the Educational or University Community, a membership card by any Hostel Association in the IYHF must be presented.
- Very clean. The service was great, crew really nice. 5-6 minutes from the bridge that connects between the new and the old city. Great value for the price.
- It was comfy, spacious, friendly, clean and well located! Nice decor too, full breakfast but coffee could be better, for sure!
- If your looking for a good accommodation, this is not where you want to go. Very poor rooms, equally poor breakfast. No service whatsoever. The rooms on the website look amazing,… But when you come there… Very bad! I would not let my kids sleep in there.
- The Price of the hotel is high for the commfort offered
- Staff were really helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to provide answers to any tourist questions.
Each modern room and dorm at Bilbao Aterpetxea Hostel has heating, a desk and a private or shared bathroom. All accommodation offers views of Bilbao.There is a shared lounge area with a TV and a dining area. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.You can make use of sports facilities including football, basketball courts and table tennis. Free parking is available onsite for cars and bikes.Olabeaga and Autonomía train stations are within 15 minutes’ walk of the Aterpetxea, and connect you to the city centre in 10 minutes. You can take the bus or tram to the Guggenheim Museum, 1.9 miles away.
- The staff was great. The facilities were immaculate. Keep in mind, it is a hostel, but probably the best hostel we have ever stayed in. The breakfast was excellent.
- Great stay over for 1 night. Clean & comfy. Excellent breakfast
- Nice breakfast and sitting area. Has free on sight parking, which is convenient if you have a car. I have expected to see backpackers in the hostel, but mainly that were local people traveling in families. I had problems to get to it by car, however, it was easy on the way out. I haven’t visited city, but it looked more than walking distance from the hostel. This place looks good for overnight during road trip.
- Friendly staff and big and clean rooms with nice view. Free secure parking and good connection with motorway.
- Clean, Comfortable, Free luggage stowage before and after checkout, free breakfast
All rooms are heated and have a wardrobe.There is a shared lounge at the property with flat-screen TV and a communal area with a microwave, fridge and coffee and tea facilities.The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 6.2 miles from the property.
Friendly host, very friendly people in the town.
Good for catching the ferry.
Parked bikes directly outside hostal.
- The staff was amazingly friendly and even through Spanish very helpful.
- very kind and helpful staff. Rooms and hostel very neat and clean. Located close to the city centre but on a side road, therefore quiet. Good beds and very nice breakfast availble there too, ideal for peregrinos.
- Very clean and a good place to stay when on the camino. Perfect for peregrinos. Friendly owner!
- For an albergue this is an exceptionally nice place. Nice kitchen, bathroomS, salon and staff.
- Friendly host, very friendly people in the town.
Albergue Turístico Moon Hostel Bio
Rooms at Moon Hostel Bio feature vibrant décor and individual lockers. Private rooms have a private bathroom, while dormitories have bunk beds and a shared en-suite bathroom.The property has a lounge area for guests to relax in. You can make use of maps, lockers and bicycle storage at reception, and staff can also arrange bicycle rental.Various bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets can be found on Lehendakari Aguirre Street, 100 feet away.Taxis and buses to various locations in the city stop 150 feet from the property and Deusto University is 1,300 feet away. The Fine Art Museum is 10 minutes’ walk away.Moon Hostel Bio is 1.9 miles from the historic centre and Bilbao Cathedral. Bilbao Airport is 15 minutes’ drive away.
- The city of Bilbao is a pocket-friendly place in a way where everything is simple and straightforward. You only need to spend 1.45 euros to hop on a transfer from airport to centre and the same on the way back (green bus 47). The hotel was a warm welcoming place within walking distance from centre ~ (15 min walk) will make you feel you are at home. It is quieter than I expected for a hostel and I managed to have a private room which was very good.
- in generally, it is a bargain hostel for young people. Located not in downtown, but very close to the river bank and Metro station.
- Very nice and friendly staff, good location, very close to city centre, supermarkets and Guggenheim museum. Bedroom was a little bit too tiny and beds not very comfortable, but good enough for a short stay.
- It is nice and cozy place, not far from the city centre and main attractions.
- Great personell, who are really helpful. Nice clean bathroom, and comfy bed. Great hostel vibe, and good kitchen/common area. Safety also good.
BBK Bilbao Good Hostel
Bright dormitory rooms BBK Bilbao Good Hostel are all adapted for disabled guests. Each bunk bed has an individual locker, light and plug, and shared bathrooms have a hairdryer. Sheets are included and towels can be rented.You can prepare meals in the kitchen and the hostel has 2 lounges with TV, DVD players, books and games. There is 24-hour free tea and coffee and computers with free internet connection.The staff at the hostel can organize guided tours and activities for groups. The center is a 5-minute metro ride away and buses around the city stop 150 feet away.The BBK Bilbao is a 15-minute walk from Atxuri Train Station and a 10-minute walk from Larreagaburu Park.
- The room was great, plenty of space for all of us. The charger area with each bed was a brilliant idea. The location was good for driving in and also transport links with the nearby subway station.
- Very big new hostel out of Bilbao centre. Friendly staff, clean, good wifi, good breakfast. Located five minutes walk from a metro station, supermarket, about 20 minutes walk to the centre along the river. Generally, this hostel was fine but unfortunately the room I was in had bed bugs. Once I informed the staff member, she changed my room immediately, and allowed me a free wash and dry of my clothing. She was very nice, but I didn’t get the impression that the complaint was going to be followed up on.
- clean and modern . Probably works well when You just want a bed. I rented a double room and it was not good . Felt more like modern, effiecient prison then hotel .
- Very friendly staff and convenient location,as comfortable room
- Very spacious and comfy bed. Very clean and lots of common areas.
Bilbao Central Hostel
The hostel has a free Internet computer area and a shared lounge with sofas and TV. Free Wi-Fi is also available throughout the property. A coin-operated washing machine and dryer are also available.A breakfast is served every morning at Bilbao Central Hostel. You can also prepare your own meals using the modern kitchen equipped with fridge and microwave.The guesthouse is a 15-minute walk from Guggenheim Museum and just a 10-minute walk from Museum of Artistic Reproductions. Bilbao Central Hostel is well connected with public transportation; both Abando and Moyua Metro Stations are a 5-minute walk from the property.
- Fairly central. The receptionist was nice enough to let us check in half an hour early. It had a kitchen area.
- Nice staff, lockers in the room. Clean facilities.
- It was modern and mostly clean. Perfect location and very helpful and friendly staff. Good for a simple place to store your things (given you have locks) and sleep, and get going.
- Very comfortable mattress. 8 min walk from the railway station. 24 hour reception. Knowledgeable, nice owner.
- Staff were really helpful and friendly. Cleaning staff were supurb. Rooms and social ares were spotless
Moana Surf Hostel
Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the guest house features a rustic décor with exposed wood beams and exposed walls. Rooms at Moana Surf come with wooden bunk beds made from skateboards, a safe and a private or shared bathroom. Bed linen and towels are also provided.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Basque dishes and a furnished sun terrace is available with barbecue facilities. There is also a living room with sofas and chimney where you can relax.The local area offers a great variety of outdoor activities whether in summer or winter and sports such as skateboarding. The beach next to the property is also popular for water sports such as sailing and surfing. Bilbao Airport is 20 minutes’ drive from Moana Surf Hostel.
Hostel close to surf spots.
Excellent place to stay, the lady that runs the place will cook you up a storm! Everyone is very friendly and accommodating.
Very affordable BnB and just 6€ extra you will get a delicious dinner too.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!
- Everything good. Just a little noisy. A very beautiful place.
- The family that run the hostel were very friendly. It is located close to some very lovely beaches and countryside, and 20 minutes to the metro line for Bilboa
- Exceptionally friendly staff. We arrived late and all restaurants were already closed. The receptionist lady spoke no English, but found someone who could and helped us order pizza!
- Friendly staff.
Bilbao Akelarre Hostel
Rooms feature bunk beds and come with shared bathrooms. Guests can make use of a microwave, a fridge and kitchenware. Laundry service is available upon request.You can get tourist information of the area at the hostel and there is also a bicycle rental service.Ría de Bilbao Sea Museum is within 2,800 feet of Bilbao Akelarre Hostel. You can walk to the University of Deusto in under 20 minutes and the University of Sarriko is a 10-minute walk away. San Mames Football Stadium is only 5 minutes away by car. Bilbao Airport is 7.5 miles away.
Staff were amazing
Rooms were roomy and beds comfortable
Breakfast was good and plenty of it
- The staffs were amazing! I love them! They gave me so many information to explore the city also go to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe.
- Arrived late to the hostel, and so couldn’t meet the staff, but they were so effortless to be in contact with, and facilitated our late arrival and early departure the next morning by leaving us breakfast before it should have been served. A great place to start the Camino del Norte from. My only regret is not getting to spend more time at the hostel and meeting the staff!
- The staff were very friendly and helpful , clean and comfortable bed , it’s one of the best houstel that I have been in if it wasn’t the best 👌
Good location, it is near football stadium.
Best colors – red and white 😉
- Staff were amazing
Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel
Most of the rooms located in this refurbished factory are equipped with a private bathroom and a personal locker. Every bunk bed comes with a night light, a shelf and USB connector. Bed linen is provided.You can find 2 wheel-chair adapted shared bathrooms in this property.This premium hostel feature a shared interior courtyard with a vertical garden and a shared lounge area with TV. Guests will have access to a shared kitchenette area with a fridge, dining area and microwave.The stylish on-site bar and restaurant offers typical local dishes and Pintxos.Other facilities include a 24-hour front desk at the property, and a laundry room available at an extra charge.Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel is located within walking distance from several restaurants, shops and bar areas.Bilbao Old Town is 0.8 miles from Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel, while the Funikular is 2,650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.1 miles from the property.
- Very good location if you want to be close to the Guggenheim museum, cosy place with a nice interior touch, it remind me more of a hotel, only the rooms have more beds
- Hip and modern. Very well maintained and clean. Nice people at the reception
- Individual reading lights and outlets. Comfy beds, clean, modern, perfect location.
- Everything was good. Very convenient location. Good breakfast too.
- So close to Guggenheim museum and very close to train station and bus stop for airport. Very helpful staff, we were allowed to leave bags until our bus to airport in afternoon. Beds very comfy. Will be back
Pil Pil Hostel Bilbao
Guests at the Pil Pil have free access to the shared kitchen, and there is free tea and coffee all day. There is also a TV lounge with board games, as well as a shared patio.You can use the hostel’s printer for free if you need to print out a boarding pass. There is also luggage storage and bike parking on site.Free maps and city guides are available at the front desk. Pil Pil Hostel is a 15-minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum, and Eskalduna Convention Centre is 8 minutes away.The hostel is next to San Mamés Metro Station and Sabino Arana Tram Stop. It is a 4-minute walk from the airport bus stop and San Mamés Train Station.
Amazing staff! One of the best dormitory hostels I have been.
Really clean and private bathroom.
- Staff were friendly and it was so easy being nearby the bus station, metro stop, and tram stop. There were an adequate number of bathrooms.
- Spotless and modern, with friendly helpful staff, a lovely garden, and a decent location – near the town’s bus station so handy for onward travel (also on the tram and underground lines). Breakfast good too considering it’s free!
- The bathroom was backing our bedroom and a bit noisy at times
– friendly and helpful staff
– convenient location (very close to the bus terminal) and not too far away from the centre
– plenty of various bars/restaurants and cafeterias around, also shops fruteria/supermarkets/small shops)
– very clean, though some guests can make a mess in shower rooms
– spacious rooms, iron and hear drier available at the reception
- Amazing staff! One of the best dormitory hostels I have been.
Top Hostels In Sestao Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Sestao Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Sestao Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Sestao Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!