10 Best Hostels To Stay In Santurce Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Santurce Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Santurce Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santurce Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santurce Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Santurce Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Santurce Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Santurce Basque Country:
All rooms are heated and have a wardrobe.There is a shared lounge at the property with flat-screen TV and a communal area with a microwave, fridge and coffee and tea facilities.The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 6.2 miles from the property.
Friendly host, very friendly people in the town.
Good for catching the ferry.
Parked bikes directly outside hostal.
- The staff was amazingly friendly and even through Spanish very helpful.
- very kind and helpful staff. Rooms and hostel very neat and clean. Located close to the city centre but on a side road, therefore quiet. Good beds and very nice breakfast availble there too, ideal for peregrinos.
- Very clean and a good place to stay when on the camino. Perfect for peregrinos. Friendly owner!
- For an albergue this is an exceptionally nice place. Nice kitchen, bathroomS, salon and staff.
- Friendly host, very friendly people in the town.
Residencia Universitaria Blas De Otero
Residencia Blas de Otero is a short walk from Abando Train Station and Bilbao’s Old Town. The world-famous Guggenheim Museum is around 1.2 miles away.The Residence is home to students of the University of the Basque Country. It includes a TV and DVD lounge, a games room, a gym and a self-service laundry room. Snacks and drinks are available from vending machines.There is free Wi-Fi access in public areas of the Blas de Otero. The Residence also has a 24-hour reception with a tour desk, which can provide information about the city.This residence is open to the university community all year round. If you are not a member of the Educational or University Community, a membership card by any Hostel Association in the IYHF must be presented.
- Very clean. The service was great, crew really nice. 5-6 minutes from the bridge that connects between the new and the old city. Great value for the price.
- It was comfy, spacious, friendly, clean and well located! Nice decor too, full breakfast but coffee could be better, for sure!
- If your looking for a good accommodation, this is not where you want to go. Very poor rooms, equally poor breakfast. No service whatsoever. The rooms on the website look amazing,… But when you come there… Very bad! I would not let my kids sleep in there.
- The Price of the hotel is high for the commfort offered
- Staff were really helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to provide answers to any tourist questions.
Moana Surf Hostel
Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the guest house features a rustic décor with exposed wood beams and exposed walls. Rooms at Moana Surf come with wooden bunk beds made from skateboards, a safe and a private or shared bathroom. Bed linen and towels are also provided.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Basque dishes and a furnished sun terrace is available with barbecue facilities. There is also a living room with sofas and chimney where you can relax.The local area offers a great variety of outdoor activities whether in summer or winter and sports such as skateboarding. The beach next to the property is also popular for water sports such as sailing and surfing. Bilbao Airport is 20 minutes’ drive from Moana Surf Hostel.
Hostel close to surf spots.
Excellent place to stay, the lady that runs the place will cook you up a storm! Everyone is very friendly and accommodating.
Very affordable BnB and just 6€ extra you will get a delicious dinner too.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!
- Everything good. Just a little noisy. A very beautiful place.
- The family that run the hostel were very friendly. It is located close to some very lovely beaches and countryside, and 20 minutes to the metro line for Bilboa
- Exceptionally friendly staff. We arrived late and all restaurants were already closed. The receptionist lady spoke no English, but found someone who could and helped us order pizza!
- Friendly staff.
Each modern room and dorm at Bilbao Aterpetxea Hostel has heating, a desk and a private or shared bathroom. All accommodation offers views of Bilbao.There is a shared lounge area with a TV and a dining area. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.You can make use of sports facilities including football, basketball courts and table tennis. Free parking is available onsite for cars and bikes.Olabeaga and Autonomía train stations are within 15 minutes’ walk of the Aterpetxea, and connect you to the city centre in 10 minutes. You can take the bus or tram to the Guggenheim Museum, 1.9 miles away.
- The staff was great. The facilities were immaculate. Keep in mind, it is a hostel, but probably the best hostel we have ever stayed in. The breakfast was excellent.
- Great stay over for 1 night. Clean & comfy. Excellent breakfast
- Nice breakfast and sitting area. Has free on sight parking, which is convenient if you have a car. I have expected to see backpackers in the hostel, but mainly that were local people traveling in families. I had problems to get to it by car, however, it was easy on the way out. I haven’t visited city, but it looked more than walking distance from the hostel. This place looks good for overnight during road trip.
- Friendly staff and big and clean rooms with nice view. Free secure parking and good connection with motorway.
- Clean, Comfortable, Free luggage stowage before and after checkout, free breakfast
Albergue Turístico Moon Hostel Bio
Rooms at Moon Hostel Bio feature vibrant décor and individual lockers. Private rooms have a private bathroom, while dormitories have bunk beds and a shared en-suite bathroom.The property has a lounge area for guests to relax in. You can make use of maps, lockers and bicycle storage at reception, and staff can also arrange bicycle rental.Various bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets can be found on Lehendakari Aguirre Street, 100 feet away.Taxis and buses to various locations in the city stop 150 feet from the property and Deusto University is 1,300 feet away. The Fine Art Museum is 10 minutes’ walk away.Moon Hostel Bio is 1.9 miles from the historic centre and Bilbao Cathedral. Bilbao Airport is 15 minutes’ drive away.
- The city of Bilbao is a pocket-friendly place in a way where everything is simple and straightforward. You only need to spend 1.45 euros to hop on a transfer from airport to centre and the same on the way back (green bus 47). The hotel was a warm welcoming place within walking distance from centre ~ (15 min walk) will make you feel you are at home. It is quieter than I expected for a hostel and I managed to have a private room which was very good.
- in generally, it is a bargain hostel for young people. Located not in downtown, but very close to the river bank and Metro station.
- Very nice and friendly staff, good location, very close to city centre, supermarkets and Guggenheim museum. Bedroom was a little bit too tiny and beds not very comfortable, but good enough for a short stay.
- It is nice and cozy place, not far from the city centre and main attractions.
- Great personell, who are really helpful. Nice clean bathroom, and comfy bed. Great hostel vibe, and good kitchen/common area. Safety also good.
Pil Pil Hostel Bilbao
Guests at the Pil Pil have free access to the shared kitchen, and there is free tea and coffee all day. There is also a TV lounge with board games, as well as a shared patio.You can use the hostel’s printer for free if you need to print out a boarding pass. There is also luggage storage and bike parking on site.Free maps and city guides are available at the front desk. Pil Pil Hostel is a 15-minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum, and Eskalduna Convention Centre is 8 minutes away.The hostel is next to San Mamés Metro Station and Sabino Arana Tram Stop. It is a 4-minute walk from the airport bus stop and San Mamés Train Station.
Amazing staff! One of the best dormitory hostels I have been.
Really clean and private bathroom.
- Staff were friendly and it was so easy being nearby the bus station, metro stop, and tram stop. There were an adequate number of bathrooms.
- Spotless and modern, with friendly helpful staff, a lovely garden, and a decent location – near the town’s bus station so handy for onward travel (also on the tram and underground lines). Breakfast good too considering it’s free!
- The bathroom was backing our bedroom and a bit noisy at times
– friendly and helpful staff
– convenient location (very close to the bus terminal) and not too far away from the centre
– plenty of various bars/restaurants and cafeterias around, also shops fruteria/supermarkets/small shops)
– very clean, though some guests can make a mess in shower rooms
– spacious rooms, iron and hear drier available at the reception
- Amazing staff! One of the best dormitory hostels I have been.
Bilbao Akelarre Hostel
Rooms feature bunk beds and come with shared bathrooms. Guests can make use of a microwave, a fridge and kitchenware. Laundry service is available upon request.You can get tourist information of the area at the hostel and there is also a bicycle rental service.Ría de Bilbao Sea Museum is within 2,800 feet of Bilbao Akelarre Hostel. You can walk to the University of Deusto in under 20 minutes and the University of Sarriko is a 10-minute walk away. San Mames Football Stadium is only 5 minutes away by car. Bilbao Airport is 7.5 miles away.
Staff were amazing
Rooms were roomy and beds comfortable
Breakfast was good and plenty of it
- The staffs were amazing! I love them! They gave me so many information to explore the city also go to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe.
- Arrived late to the hostel, and so couldn’t meet the staff, but they were so effortless to be in contact with, and facilitated our late arrival and early departure the next morning by leaving us breakfast before it should have been served. A great place to start the Camino del Norte from. My only regret is not getting to spend more time at the hostel and meeting the staff!
- The staff were very friendly and helpful , clean and comfortable bed , it’s one of the best houstel that I have been in if it wasn’t the best ?
Good location, it is near football stadium.
Best colors – red and white 😉
- Staff were amazing
Barrika Surf Camp
All rooms are fitted with a shared bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a shops at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including snorkeling and cycling. Bilbao is 10 miles from Barrika Surf Camp, and Castro-Urdiales is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 7 miles from Barrika Surf Camp.
- Great surf hostel and location in the middle of the nature with some shared space for networking but also enough space to enjoy some solo time. Good breakfast and meals! And really clean!surf classes were good and with professional and nice teachers!
- Owners are very well prepared to receive guests as well as to ensure surfing lessons are of great quality. Also they were very kind to provide transfer to the airport at no cost! I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and look forward to come again.
- Superbe séjour ! Un endroit de paradis en très bonne compagnie ! Logement dans le dôme impeccable ! Nourriture excellente ! Nous reviendrons !
- Un sitio muy chulo. Un entorno precioso con gente majísima. Gracias!
- El ambiente juvenil de la casa, el paisaje, la cercanía, trato familiar, hay mucha libertad, la gente respeta las cosas de los demás, la amabilidad de los trabajadores, la paciencia para la clase de surf.
Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao
Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao has bold red, black and white décor with stylish murals. It offers spacious, air-conditioned dormitory rooms. Towels and bed linen can be rented from the reception.The hostel has a communal kitchen with a microwave, dishwasher and fridge. You can also find a wide range of traditional tapas bars within a 10-minute walk.The Botxo Gallery is just 500 feet from Deusto University. The nearby tram station provides easy access to the historic city centre.
Across from the Guggenheim which is a nice view.
They provide breakfast. The breakfast was good especially given the cost, biscuits and baguettes with tea, coffee, or juice. Not enough seating to accommodate everyone but that’s understandable given the size.
- A lounge area to enjoy the spectacular view of the Guggenheim. Secure mobile charging locker – so cool, I’ve never seen something like this.
- Budget hostel. You get a bed, can make a tea or coffee.
Free budget breakfast is very nice addition
Cleanliness and clean toilets were nice surprise after reading negative comments
- Perfect location in front of the Guggenheim. Its 21 beds per rooms. Unfortunately due to the law in Basque country the kitchen cannot be equipped for warm cooking (except microwaves).
- Across from the Guggenheim which is a nice view.
Albergue Areitz Soroa Casa Rural
There is a shared kitchen at the property.Isla is 43.5 miles from Areitz Soroa, while Valle De Villaverde is 9.3 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 21.7 miles from the property.
- Very friendly owner! He even served us some breakfast, tea and coffee though we thought it was not included. Great quiet place to stay and relax for few days!
- Un Albergue , donde puede pasar con familia , hacer senderismo , preparar pan de leñas y ver museo de coches antiguos. Esta situado en la zona montañosa y lejos de las urbanizaciónes. Perfecto para la gente , quien quiere descansar de las rutinas urbanas .
- La tranquilidad, el trato y la relación calidad precio excelente fui con mi familia y tuvimos habitación con baño privado un Office y también una cocina. Mucho mejor que un hotel!!!!
- La atención de Ion fue excelente, el albergue tiene todo aquello que puedas necesitar y además está en un entorno paisajístico maravilloso. Esperamos volver sin ninguna duda.
- Это сельская местность, очень красивый старый дом, дружелюбный хозяин. Хотелось там остаться пожить, но нам надо было ехать дальше.
Top Hostels In Santurce Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Santurce Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Santurce Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Santurce Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!