10 Best Hostels To Stay In Santiago de Compostela Galicia – Top Hotel Reviews
Santiago de Compostela Galicia is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Santiago de Compostela Galicia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santiago de Compostela Galicia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santiago de Compostela Galicia. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Santiago de Compostela Galicia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Santiago de Compostela Galicia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Santiago De Compostela Galicia:
Albergue Seminario Menor
One of our best sellers in Santiago de Compostela! This hostel is set in a seminary, a 10-minute walk from Santiago de Compostela Cathedral. It is opposite Belvis Park, which offers wonderful views over Santiago’s Old Town. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property.Albergue Seminario Menor offers private single rooms and single beds in large mixed dormitories. All rooms have shared bathroom facilities.Guests can prepare food in one of the common rooms, which has microwaves, electric ovens and some cooking utensils. There are vending machines for drinks and snacks.The hostel has a common room with computers and the use of them is available for a small charge.Luggage storage is provided, and the hostel offers a self-service laundry room.Free public parking is available near the Albergue Seminario Menor, and there is easy access to the AP-9 Motorway.
- Great place in an old house. Very authentic and atmospheric. This place have everything you need for stay and the stuff is friendly.
- The cafe/bar downstairs was great. Cold drinks and some food available and a supermarket for those who wanted to cook. I stayed in an individual room which was fine. Comfortable, plenty room and bright.
- Excellent location outside the city centre but still within walking distance (10/15 minutes) to all main attractions. Superb facilities especially the little supermarket, fully equipped modern and clean kitchen, and several washing machines as well as tumble dryers.
Good valve for money, good for people on budget. Don’t expect five star.
But okay for stay over.
- Nice place with good location out of the center. No bunk beds! Own lockers.
Hostal La Salle
Hostal La Salle is located in Santiago de Compostela’s beautiful Old Town, just 8 minutes’ walk from the cathedral. It offers a 24-hour reception and rooms with free Wi-Fi.The rooms at the La Salle feature tiled floors and simple, classic-style décor. They have a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.There is also an annexe with dormitory rooms with free Wi-Fi and a wardrobe. Towels, bed linen and toiletries are provided.The guest house has vending machines for snacks and drinks. There is a variety of good restaurants within a 10-minute walk.The La Salle is just 800 feet from Santo Domingo de Bonaval Park. You can drive to Santiago Airport in 15 minutes.
- Extremely helpful and welcoming staff – really made the difference! And the location is superb.
In a quiet location, but only ten minutes walk from the cathedral. Our room was spacious, with comfortable beds and a good shower.
A great place to stay following a Camino: more like a hotel than a hostal. Very good value for money, considering alternatives in this beautiful city.
- Five minutes walk from the cathedral. Great secure bicycle storage
- The position of the Hotel was good for walking into the Town and taking in the sights
Hostal La Salle is an outstanding sanctuary in Santiago! It retains a religious atmosphere, in keeping with the spiritual significance of the Camino and the sacred sight of the Cathedral where the relic of St James rests, while offering pilgrims, warm, comfortable and safe lodgings. I first stayed in the Hostal on my first Camino adventure with my dad in 2003 and can vouch for the fact that the same warm, caring and friendly staff still work there to this day! I think that the secret of the Hostals’ success lies in the wisdom of the De La Salle Brothers approach to looking after everyone who works and stays there, treating each person with equal dignity and respect! May God continue to bless you all in your work!
Albergue Roots & Boots
One of our best sellers in Santiago de Compostela! Located in the historic city centre of Santiago de Compostela, Roots & Boots is set in attractive gardens. It features free WiFi and a communal kitchen.Each attractive, heated dorm and room at Roots & Boots has simple décor. There is a free bedding kit and guests have access to shared bathroom facilities.Roots & Boots serves breakfast in its dining room, or on the terrace overlooking the gardens. There is a range of cafes, bars and restaurants within 10 minutes’ walk of the hostel.Santiago de Compostela Cathedral and the surrounding old town are within 5 minutes’ walk of Roots & Boots. Airport buses leave from the city’s railway station, 1.2 miles from the hostel.
- Fairly close to restaurant and tourist area. I had expected to be placed in an all female room, which wasn’t available. I then had to share a room with 3 guys. But the manager fixed the problem by offering me a private room upstairs.
- The window had a great view of the cathedral! The staff was helpful and very nice.
- Breakfast was great but what I liked the most were the nice spanish man and woman working there!
- We arrived late, there was proper communication from the hostel how to get in and which was our beds, it was easy to follow, we found everything and had a good sleep, in the morning the staff was very friendly and helpful, we had a nice breakfast, perfect place to stay in Santiago.
- The staff were very friendly and made me feel welcome, fantastic view of the city, nice relaxing garden and warm indoor room to have breakfast in/read in the evenings
Albergue The Last Stamp
The Last Stamp is just 350 feet from Santiago de Compostela’s Cathedral and on the city’s famous pilgrimage route. This contemporary hostel features a 24-hour reception and free Wi-Fi.The Last Stamp offers guests free use of a communal kitchen, lounge, and a computer and printer at reception.The modern rooms and dorms have minimalist décor and look onto the old town. There is either a private or shared bathroom.There are vending machines, bicycle and luggage storage at reception. A laundry room is also available.Santiago de Compostela University is within 15 minutes’ walk of the hostel. The city’s railway station is just over 0.6 miles away.
- Very central. We were in the attic, so we had our own space…so dont know about the other rooms. Clean and some facilities. It is small so not many life inside.
- It was best alberque i stayed in n lady in reception was so so nice n friendly n gave me a loan of much needed phone charger n made effort to get one for me to charge my phone.
Location was convenient for everything in the pilgrim area of Santiago. But what really stuck out to me was the great service from the front desk staff. We stayed as a family for three days, and had several special things they went out of their way to make it easy for us.
The washer and dryer was great after many days of rain.
- Locker space with digital an locks, and privacy of bunks.
- Friendly knowledgeable staff. A staff member was in attendance 24/7. Good price for the Pelegrino staying in Santiago!
Albergue la Estacion
Albergue la Estacion is situated in Santiago de Compostela, 2,950 feet from Tourism Office.Each room is equipped with a shared bathroom. Albergue la Estacion features free WiFi .You will find a shared kitchen and bicycle parking at the property.Santiago de Compostela Cathedral is 0.8 miles from Albergue la Estacion, while Point view is 1.4 miles away. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 6.8 miles from the property.
- Kind staff and it is very close to station and the staff is beyond what you expect.
- Really friendly and helpful staff, I appreciated that a lot! =)
The host Miguel is a special person 🙂
Great accommodation to enjoy in a friendly and familiar hostel Santiago de Compostela.
- It’s a place where people can find a nice and peaceful environment after a long ride or walk. Very clean. Miguel,the owner is such good person who helps you with anything you need!
- The host was incredibly kind, helpful, and friendly. He offered me a beer and I accepted, and we had the chance to talk for a while. Great guy. I was ending a long cycling trip and needed a place to leave my bicycle behind to be retrieved later from a shipper, and he was very helpful in making this happen. The property was clean, organized, and modern. The other guests were friendly and talkative. I would recommend this property with 100% confidence—one of the best I’ve stayed in while in Spain.
ArArAt is located in the El Ensanche Zona Nueva neighborhood in Santiago de Compostela, just half a mile from Santiago de Compostela Cathedral.Some units include a seating area for your convenience.Galicia Park is 1,400 feet from ArArAt, and RENFE Station is 1,700 feet from the property. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 7 miles away.
- Good location, clean room and toilets. Very nice and helpful owner – highly recommended.
- Very friendly, clean rooms, comfortable bed, very good price
- Clean, nice, big, comfortable, good location, easily accessible.
- Hostel muy limpio. Los dos baños (compartidos) estaban impecables y la habitación doble es muy amplia y cómoda. Volvería a alojarme si vuelvo a Santiago. Bien situado, sin lujos. Muy buen trato por parte del personal.
- Trato bastante amable del personal. Habitación bastante grande y buena ubicación.
Albergue Porta Real
Albergue Porta Real offers accommodation in Santiago de Compostela. Santiago de Compostela Cathedral is a 10-minute walk. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property.Albergue Porta Real features a shared microwave, and a shared stove. The shared living room comes with seating area, and flat-screen TV. There is an open room with bunk beds that is divided by compartments of 2 or 4 people each. Guests have access to individual lockers. Each room includes a shared bathroom. Laundry service is offered.The Tourism Office is 0.6 miles from the property, while the Bus Terminal is just 2,450 feet away. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 6.2 miles from Albergue Porta Real.
No reviews yet.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Blanco Albergue offers accommodations in Santiago de Compostela, just 0.4 miles from Galicia Park.The rooms include a flat-screen TV.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Belvis Park is 0.7 miles from Blanco Albergue, and RENFE Station is 0.8 miles away. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 7 miles from the property.
- Great place to stay in Muxia, nice and comfortable beds, good facilities and a proper kitchen.
- dark curtain in front of the bed, friendly staff, quiet. You get a towel
- The accommodation was great the rooms were very clean and showers were hot. Made an excellent stay in Santiago.
- Comfortable bed, curtained bed compartments, locking locker, floor edges sealed so that there was no place for dirt or insects to hide, helpful staff. About the best albergue at which I stayed on the entire trip.
- It was a great location and very comfortable. The beds were nice, roomy, and private. It was a nice place to stay after finishing the Camino.
Albergue Basquiños 45
One of our best sellers in Santiago de Compostela! Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Albergue Basquiños 45 offers accommodation in Santiago de Compostela, 0.6 miles from Santiago de Compostela Cathedral.Some rooms have a seating area where you can relax. There is a common terrace with washing machine and tumble dryer.There is a tour desk at the property.Tourism Office is 0.8 miles from Albergue Basquiños 45, while Area Central is 2,950 feet away. The property is 1,650 feet from Santiago de Compostela bus station and 2.2 miles from the train station. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 6.2 miles from Albergue Basquiños 45.
It’s 5 minutes walking to the edge of the Old Town and 15 minutes to the Cathedral, so pretty good position, also because bus station is next to it, 3/5 minutes walking distance.
It’s very small hostel, just 1 room with 3 bunk beds, so very quiet. It’s very clean, new, it has very comfortable beds and 2 big bathrooms. The guy working at the reception is a friendly man, he also helped me before I was coming with some train’s schedules, I really appreciated it. Next to the hostel you can also find a “Dia” supermarket, so very convenient to buy some food or drinks. Big lockers are very comfortable for leaving your belongings. Just a pity no plugs next to the bed, but it didn’t bother me much 🙂
Deeply recommended, also because of the convenient price.
- 6 persons share 2 washrooms. Quiet clean and 5 minutes to bus station.
- A nice, clean, small, family-owned hostel that is a good value for budget travelers.
- Bathrooms were top of the range, bed was comfy, and most of all the owner (I think) was incredibly kind and cheerful.
The staff is very nice and friendly.
I needed to go to the hospital and he took me there 🙂
- It’s 5 minutes walking to the edge of the Old Town and 15 minutes to the Cathedral, so pretty good position, also because bus station is next to it, 3/5 minutes walking distance.
Featuring a garden and a terrace, Casa Lois offers rooms with classic décor in Santiago de Compostela. Free Wi-Fi access is available in all areas.With a flat-screen TV, each room comes with a wardrobe and parquet floor. The private bathroom is complete with a hairdryer, slippers and free toiletries.Casa Lois is a 10-minute drive from Santiago de Compostela Train Station. Santiago de Compostela Cathedral is 0.6 miles away.
- Travel back in time with the comfort of our days. Reminded me tradition, books i have read. It is a place out of a movie or a good book.
- Un oasis en el centro de Santiago. Un palacete con unas comodidades, limpieza y espectacularidad que nos transporta a un jardín versallesco en pleno centro de Santiago. La amabilidad del personal y en especial del propietario hicieron junto a la casa que nuestra estancia fuera maravillosa.
- El hotel en si ,la decoracion es un viaje en el tiempo
- La casa es espectacular, habitaciones amplias y cómodas. Muy buena ubicación, en 10-15 minutos se llega a la catedral dando un paseo. Gran amabilidad e impecable atención de Indira.
Das Personal war super freundlich und zuvorkommend, das Haus ist wie auf den Bildern etwas ganz besonderes, alt aber wunderschön mit einem tollen Flair!
Auch der Garten mit Brunnen ist traumhaft und bis zur Compostela sind es gerade mal 13min. zu Fuß.
Top Hostels In Santiago De Compostela Galicia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Santiago de Compostela Galicia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Santiago de Compostela Galicia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Santiago de Compostela Galicia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!