10 Best Hostels To Stay In Santa Teresa Ometepe – Top Hotel Reviews
Santa Teresa Ometepe is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Santa Teresa Ometepe. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santa Teresa Ometepe. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santa Teresa Ometepe. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Santa Teresa Ometepe right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Santa Teresa Ometepe with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Santa Teresa Ometepe:
The Spicy Mango
The Spicy Mango is located in San José del Sur, 22 miles from San Juan del Sur and 7 miles from Altagracia. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms.San Jorge is 11 miles from The Spicy Mango, and Rivas is 13 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Santo Domingo, La Chiponga features free WiFi, a garden and sun terrace. San Juan del Sur is 28 miles away. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area and/or terrace. Some units also have a kitchen, fitted with a microwave and refrigerator. There is a private bathroom with a shower in each unit. Towels are provided.Altagracia is 3.9 miles from La Chiponga.
- Good location across the road from the water but it is rocky so not conducive to swimming. Also the East coast of the island seems to have rougher water than west. Nice design with some lovely quirks eg the bicycle spoke windows. High ceilings, cool and exposed brick was classy. Floor may have been polished cement – don’t remember tiles. It did have some wood strips on wall in room and bathroom where you could hang clothing. The side tables were innovative; the old reels from wiring. Clothes line up the back if you wanted to wash any clothing but a stiff breeze all the time. We had a room down a small corridor off the kitchen so nowhere to sit outside our room directly although some nearby. The staff were helpful and attentive. We picked up the bus directly outside the entrance next day so terrific location if taking public transport on the island. Playa Domingo is quiet at night time; no street lighting and few budget type restaurants.
- Very short way to the coast, just on the opposite of the street, where you can chill in hammocks. Big kitchen. Quiet.
- very friendly stafff who could not do enough. They even upgraded us to a larger apartments after a booking mix up as we decided to stay a few more nights. We enjoyed the cooking facilities. Feels like you are in the jungle as the monkeys jump all over the tin roofs!
Every morning the host is feeding the monkeys and the birds. It is a little paradise you can enjoy!
No restaurant at the hostel but clean kitchen is available. Also the comedor(small restaurant) is cross the street. The food and coffee are very good!
- The hostel is in a good location for many Ometepe activities. There are many good restaurants nearby. The staff are friendly and helpful. Elvis drove us to two petroglyphs sites. Room was clean and bed comfortable.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Altagracia, 28 miles from San Juan del Sur, Hostal Miraflores features free WiFi access and free private parking.Certain accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. All rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a tour desk at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental and car rental. San Jorge is 17 miles from Hostal Miraflores, and Rivas is 20 miles from the property.
- Nice location on the beach. Convenient breakfast option available at the location.
- The room and bathroom were big. The location in Santa Domingo is central and right on the water.
- Room was clean, the staff was very friendly. You are right up to the santa domingo beach!
- Quiet place (we we’re there in low season) right by the beach. Friendly staff. Clean and spacious room (ours had private bathroom). Nearby restaurants and bar and also a small (local) supermarket.
- Pas d’eau chaude, sinon personnel très gentil disponible et petit déjeuner très bien avec une terrasse donnant sur le lac.
Hotel Buena Vista
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Hotel Buena Vista offers accommodations in Santo Domingo. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include views of the mountains or lake.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.A variety of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. The hostel also provides bike rental. San Juan del Sur is 28 miles from Hotel Buena Vista, and Altagracia is 4 miles away.
- Good location on Santo Domingo beach but unfortunately there was no beach when I was there due to heavy rains previously. The patio area waa great to relax in and breakfast was very nice. Owner really helpful when I wanted to change rooms. Went out of his way to make sure I was content.
- The location on the beach was beautiful.The terrace was large and spacious with views of Maderas Volcano.
Great stay. Nice garden with hammocks and everything you need to relax, breakfast is good, supportive and nice host.
The rooms are basic and the bathroom is quite small.
- Nice location, easy access as it’s on the paved road, directly at the lake with a nice view of volcano Maderas, the garden is nice and has many lounge areas.
- The owner of the hostel is a very kind and nice man, always there if we had questions or needed assistance. The place is very cute, they really put a lot of effort in creating a little paradise.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Los Chocoyos offers pet-friendly accommodations in Mérida. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and fishing. The hostel also provides bike rental. San Juan del Sur is 25 miles from Los Chocoyos, and Altagracia is 8 miles from the property.
It is on the lake.
We hiked Maderas and walked from Los Chocoyos.
There are restaurants down the street.
Breakfast is included.
Towels are included.
The hostel was perfectly located (nice view on El Concepcion, every evening you see the sunset, and ideally to go kayaking on Rio Istiam or hiking to the waterfall of San Ramon)
Breakfast was lovely (3 options you can chose from).
Bikes were available
- The view from the bedroom was amazing and we appreciated the breakfast.
Fantastic view of the lake made for amazing sunsets! Staff was really helpful and created a great atmosphere on the hostel.
We liked to have the opportunity of renting both bikes and kayaks.
The hostel is quite in the middle of nowhere and the most noise came from the roosters walking around. Great place to get away!
The view is amazing, the food is good, you’re really near the lake
The owner did forget our reservation and we had then an upgraded room for the same price (very spacious). We met a girl who had the same « problem » (reservation forgotten) and she had then a room in another hostel.
- It is on the lake.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Casa Nohelia offers accommodations in Ometepe. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms include a shared bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.San Juan del Sur is 28 miles from Casa Nohelia, and Altagracia is 4 miles from the property.
- Wonderful location so close to the lake in a nice homely setting…the lady of the casa Angela is a true angel and makes you feel at home
- Super friendly, directly next to the lake, basic but sufficient
The main attraction is Nohelia herself with her wonderful smile and great attention for the guests.
Her family is from the island, (so the money you spend stays on the island and goes to the locals) which means she has a lot of connections and suggestions for a great stay, also on the rest of the island.
Very calm and small home stay.
The kitchen is very clean and she makes great food for low prices. The private entrance to the beach was also really nice.
Hôtes extrêmement chaleureux et pleins d’en bons conseils.
Repas cuisinés sur place sur demande et à petit prix
Hébergement rustique , situé quasiment sur la plage
- Rigtig fin placering, venlig ejer og ok wifi. Værelset var rart og rent.
Santa Cruz Hostel
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Santa Cruz Hostel offers accommodations in Santa Cruz, just 28 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.There is a tour desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. Altagracia is 6 miles from Santa Cruz Hostel, and San Jorge is 18 miles from the property.
- The bed was comfy. Food was good. Nice view of volcano. Friendly staff.
- The view from the terrace is amazing! Hammaks, comfortable rooms.
- Location and view at sundown garden. Staff were nice but would be better emplayed cleaning and painting rooms etc instead of doing very little all day.
- Yes, the view is exceptional as almost all the reviews state. The pictures aren’t lying: its exactly as pretty as that, but better when seeing the view of Conception (with the garden) for yourself. The hostel itself is good as well. It has nice (outdoor) common area’s, including the attached restaurant. It also has laundry service (a very nice lady hand-washes your clothing) which is fast and cheap and the rooms (dorm) is clean. The staff is friendly (although almost no English). Little store right in front of the hostel.
- Garden, Views towards Volcano, nice breakfast (Extra payment), central location on island, ability to book tour via hostel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hostal Tecali offers pet-friendly accommodations in Santa Cruz. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or lake.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental. San Juan del Sur is 27 miles from Hostal Tecali, and Altagracia is 6 miles from the property.
Great place, I stayed in the hut neat the back of property and if you stay up in the loft you have a nice view out the window, good mosquito net, and bed was ok.
Bathroom didn’t have a lot of water coming out for shower but gets the job done. Loved climbing the tree they have in the back for sunset, amazing view! Staff nice and do their best to help you. Breakfast was very good.
- Very friendly mama, best fruitsalad, good lication
- Nelly is a great host and I loved staying with her. It was always fun to chat with her and she came up with suggestions on what to do or where to eat. I would definetely come back. The rooms are basic, but very good value for the price and they have everything you need.
- It was on a really good spot, with a few little restaurants around it.
- Hostal Very well located closed to all the spot to See “ojo de agua ” between thé 2 volcans. Possibility to rent bikes good breakfast and the owner Nelly is Very nice
- Great place, I stayed in the hut neat the back of property and if you stay up in the loft you have a nice view out the window, good mosquito net, and bed was ok.
Hospedaje La Penita
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Hospedaje La Penita is located in Altagracia in the region of Ometepe, just 28 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a shared bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. San Jorge is 16 miles from Hospedaje La Penita, and Rivas is 19 miles from the property.
- Mark is a really nice guy and really tries to help you. Everything is possible if you just ask Mark. Mama Rosario’s food is amazing, you don’t have to go to another place. She takes your diet into account and makes delicious breakfast and lunch. Much more than I could eat!
Nice quiet clean place to spend a night. Very good price for the room, as well as food and beverages.
We ended up cancelling our reservation to head to a place with more of an active night life… the owner was very good about it! If you are looking for a quiet place to spend a night with a private room, clean facilities, excellent home cooked food, and friendly staff, this is the perfect little abode!
- The atmosphere couldn’t have been better. The owners are really nice and you can be sure you get the best care and will feel pleasant so that you can enjoy the peaceful surroundings. The fresh food of mamá is delicious. They helped me with transportation and got me a great guide for the Conceptión volcano. By the way they have the best WIFI reception of Nicaragua.
Typical Nicaraguan breakfast always including gallo pinto (like!!) but changed during our stay as well (eggs, cheese, bread). Owner was nice and the place felt a bit more as an airbnb than a hostel, which was nice. Family staying on the property as well and mom making delicious meals! Water wasn’t working for the first day but Mark and the family took good care of that and the next day it was fixed.
The addition of a bar is great, nice cold beers and sodas, cheap as well. We rented a scooter today which Mark fixed and that was awesome. They deliver the scooters or motorbikes, which is very handy.
- Our stay in La Penita was one of the greatest moments we experienced while travelling in Nicaragua. Lizzet, the owner of this place, is one wonderful person and great host! I would like to point out that her local knowledge is very precious. Living in Europe for couple of years, she can easily help you to understand all culture differences and guide you once you decide to visit Ometepe (must go destination!). Although this place is still in under the reconstruction with basic facilities to offer, there is a plan to establish a home-stay in the middle of glorious nature with different day-night activities for tourists…. And food is delicious! 🙂
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Located in Balgue, 28 miles from San Juan del Sur, El Zopilote features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. The hostel has a playground and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the mountains, lake or garden are featured in certain rooms.There is a shared lounge, a tour desk and a shops at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. Altagracia is 6 miles from El Zopilote, and San Jorge is 19 miles away.
- Food was amazing! Real eclectic feel to the place.
- Beautiful, unique property, very nature and enviro orientated. Amazing food!
The permaculture farm, which you can volunteer to work on for however
long you stay. They also have a tower you can climb to a platform
where you can watch the sunset. People were raving about that. This
may actually be a good place, but due to my personal treatment, Im
not a fan.
- I love the Permaculture farm here. Solar energy, compostable toilets amd limited wifi locations make this hostel a friendly, social atmosphere. The restaurant is also fresh, authentic and delicious. Harmoney’s yoga session was also amazing!
- In the jungle. Free yoga. Great food. Relaxed. Possibilities for activities in the area.
Top Hostels In Santa Teresa Ometepe Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Santa Teresa Ometepe to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Santa Teresa Ometepe but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Santa Teresa Ometepe. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!