10 Best Hostels To Stay In San Ramón San José – Top Hotel Reviews
San Ramón San José is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in San Ramón San José. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in San Ramón San José. You’re probably wondering where to stay in San Ramón San José. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in San Ramón San José right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in San Ramón San José with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In San Ramón San José:
Be Happy Hostal
Be Happy Hostal offers accommodations in Sabanilla.San José is 3.1 miles from Be Happy Hostal, and Alajuela is 13 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 7 miles from Be Happy Hostal.
No reviews yet.
In the Wind Hostel and Guesthouse
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, In the Wind Hostel and Guesthouse offers accommodations in San José, just 13 miles from Alajuela.A TV is available.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Escazú is 6 miles from In the Wind Hostel and Guesthouse , and Heredia is 6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 6 miles from In the Wind Hostel and Guesthouse.
- I loved this place so much. Staff was super attentive, location was amazing, a short walk from an area that was very lively at night, although the hostel was very calm and in a silent street. Our room was very nice and clean. I have recommended it to my friends.
- Breakfast only availavle quite late, most travelers leave earlier and don’t get anything.
- Room was next to the bathroom separated by a thin door with a lock on it. I could literally hear people doing their toilets. Window was broken, we could not close it. It was windy and loud because of the traffic outside.
- Bright rooms, plenty of natural light. Great location, easy to walk to many fun bars and great restaurants.
The mattress in our room (upside down) was surprisingly comfy & even though we were next to the kitchen it was a very quiet room at the time we were there (end Feb). We both had good nights sleep without the need for earplugs which is always a bonus.
The area was good with amenities nearby (supermarket & banks, inc restaurants & bars near the university). There are 2 kitchens, both really well equipped except for limited hob space, so time your dinners well. We loved that there was hand soap & hand towel in the bathroom, as well as 2 towels – 1 for each of us (bit of a rarity in C.A.). Hot shower – much needed in the cooler San Jose climate.
The Garden CR
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Garden CR offers accommodations in San José, just 12 miles from Alajuela. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. All rooms include a shared bathroom.There is an ATM at the property.The hostel also provides car rental. Escazú is 6 miles from The Garden CR, and Heredia is 6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 6 miles from The Garden CR.
- Comfortable beds ! Clean bathrooms and hot water anytime , full equiped kitchen !!:) 🙂 its like been home . Supermarket nearby , buses , malls , and a lot of good place to eat .
- The staff was fabulous, the driver actually took us to his favorite dinner place after we checked in. He helped us order and waited while we ate! oh my, excellent service!
- Staff extremely helpful. Good facilities. Good location. Provided us with towels for shower. Garage for the car.
- The overall location of the place has everything around it. You can find restaurants to supermarkets and pharmacys etc.
- Quiet. Comfortable. Good people. Great location. This is a good place to relax, catch up or rest for a couple of days in the midst of travel. Or a good place for professionals working in San Jose to stay.
TripOn Open House
One of our best sellers in San José! Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, TripOn Open House offers accommodations in San José.A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hostel. Alajuela is 12 miles from TripOn Open House, and Escazú is 6 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 6 miles from TripOn Open House.
- Fresh fruit for breakfast, safe location, every bed has curtains and own reading light, big lockers. Will definitely come back here when I have to fly out of San José.exce
- The breakfast is big, the outside area is a great place to relax, the park right outside is super nice, love the neighborhood, great place to hang out and chill 🙂
- Very good. All the staffs are excellent except the tall one with little to some extent. Breakfast was awesome. Only thing is that, for shared bathroom, number of bathrooms may be little bit more.
- Good breakfast and comfortable beds. Kitchen was a plus
- The beds were very comfortable and everybody had got his own socket next to the bed. The breakfast was awesome.
Casa Yoses Hostel
Located in San José, 12 miles from Alajuela, Casa Yoses Hostel features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play ping-pong and pool at the hostel. Escazú is 6 miles from Casa Yoses Hostel, and Heredia is 6 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 6 miles from the property.
I loved it, it feels like home, the neighborhood is quuet and safe and the garden outside is so nice to hangout, do yoga, chat with fellow travellers and enjoy the yummy free breakfast in the sun in the morning, thank you, will definitely be back!!
Oh and the room (dorm) was massive and the bathroom was the biggest i’ve ever seen too, amazing value for money!!
- The breakfast was excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpful
- very noisy at night because of the bars near the hostel.
- I had the dorm room all to myself a large portion of the time I was there.
- The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The property was ok, but my room needed some TLC. It wasn’t gross or anything, but the wardrobe was very dusty and only one side of the outlet worked so I bought an extension cord.
- I loved it, it feels like home, the neighborhood is quuet and safe and the garden outside is so nice to hangout, do yoga, chat with fellow travellers and enjoy the yummy free breakfast in the sun in the morning, thank you, will definitely be back!!
Featuring free WiFi, Hostel Bekuo offers accommodations in San Pedro, just 1.4 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hostel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 12 miles from Hostel Bekuo, and Escazú is 5 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 6 miles from the property.
The staff was great from the second we got there until we left. The breakfast is great & Leo makes fantastic pancakes.
This was our first stay ever at a hostel and it was a fantastic 1st experience.
- Central and beautiful location in San Pedro, people staying at the place where nice, breakfast was perfect (pancakes and fruits), the backyard was very relaxing, you can play pool in the lobby
- Big bathrooms. Coffee in morn. Great social areas.
- The price for the room was excellent. They prepared breakfast for us wich they left at the reception to be collected on arrival, since we had to leave very early.
- It was a great place to stay, there was a lot of place in the commons, there were games at our disposition, a pool table, a cute little garden with a friendly little bunny. The place was very artistic and the rules were given with humour
- The staff was great from the second we got there until we left. The breakfast is great & Leo makes fantastic pancakes.
Costa Rica Backpackers
One of our best sellers in San José! Featuring free WiFi, an outdoor pool and a year-round outdoor pool, Costa Rica Backpackers offers accommodations in San José, just 12 miles from Alajuela. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include views of the mountains or pool.There is a shops at the property.You can play darts at the hostel. The hostel also provides car rental. Escazú is 5 miles from Costa Rica Backpackers, and Heredia is 6 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 5 miles away.
- Dorm I was in had curtains, light and outlets which was great.
- All the staff helped.food,transport,travel.Yancy with corcovado and so..very nice place in san jose
- The garden was really nice! Hammocks, a pool, a bar and some cool people.
- I liked very much the beautiful topical garden, pool, friendly staff, nice atmosphere, food, location
- pool common area is good , tropical, bar and common kitchen with picnic tables. lots of bars around the area. good walk into town. store close by. some hot water. rooms ok. clean. nice folks. tv area.
One of our best sellers in San José! Located in San José, 11 miles from Alajuela, Hostel Shakti features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.A TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Escazú is 5 miles from Hostel Shakti, and Heredia is 6 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 5 miles from the property.
- The breakfast and the kitchen available for the roomers.
- Location is great for a night out in San Jose and the towel/flower decorations are proof this hostel makes an effort to impress its guests.
- The hostel is clean, and in good location. Breakfast was good.
- Great vegetarian restaurant downstairs and breakfast included. nice staff right by the bus station 🙂
- We got in so late due to horrendous traffic and were very thankful we still got to check in. Then. We had to check out ridiculously early and the lady was very nice. I felt bad we had to wake her.
Hostel Casa del Parque
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Hostel Casa del Parque offers accommodations in San José, just 11 miles from Alajuela. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a shared kitchen, a shared lounge, a tour desk and a shops at the property.The hostel also provides car rental. Escazú is 5 miles from Hostel Casa del Parque, and Heredia is 6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 5 miles from Hostel Casa del Parque.
- This place is in the perfect spot we took a free walking tour in SJ and it finished right out front of the hostel. They have everything you need really. Clean and big kitchen, garden, TV room, friendly and helpful staff.
- Wonderful location, beautiful historic house, nice garden to sit in, great people in the hostel. Nice staff. My stay couldn’t have been better.
- Great location right with a fabulous park right in front.
- The staff were amazing and welcoming. I stayed there for 2 weeks while taking day trips across the country. They helped me figure out the best places to visit and the cheapest ways to get there. It’s basically a mansion and has great open spaces to relax or meet other travelers.
The manager is very friendly and cares about his guests.
Great location : museums 300 meters away, main “avenidas” in the same area
Hostel Casa Ridgway
Hostel Casa Ridgway offers accommodations in San José. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms are fitted with a shared bathroom equipped with a shower.Alajuela is 11 miles from Hostel Casa Ridgway, and Escazú is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 5 miles from the property.
- This is a very basic property, but we had two room, meant for 4 occupants, but we had no roomies, and at a cost of USD17.00 per room, it couldn’t be beaten! We arrived at 7:30 PM and were greeted with smiles and kindness. We had to leave for the airport by 5 AM the next morning and we were given a wake-up alert and the young man on duty even made coffee and toast for us at that ungodly hour. If you want luxury, go somewhere else, but if you’re on a budget, this is the place for you! Oh and they directed us to an Italian restaurant, Restaurante Alpino, around the corner for dinner, and we were transported to Florence, Italy! Loved it all!
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Casa Ridgway! All of the staff were so nice and helpful and the place was both spotless and cosy. Furthermore, the organisation that runs the hostel is a serious NGO promoting human rights, peace-work, environmental responsibility and more. It is a wonderful feeling to know that our tourist money is supporting good causes for Costa Ricans and their beautiful country. We will be staying here again for sure!
- Staying at this venerable Quaker-run hostel in a safe and convenient neighborhood supports a number of peace and social justice initiatives. It is simple but clean and has a good internet connection. The people there are very sweet and helpful, even across language barriers. Breakfast was lovingly prepared and there is a kitchen you can use.
- Good staff, kitchen, can leave bag for time you want, breakfast is ok
- Decent homely hostel in a safe area of downtown San José. A two min walk to the museum of Costa Rica. Quiet area.
Top Hostels In San Ramón San José Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in San Ramón San José to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in San Ramón San José but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in San Ramón San José. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!