10 Best Hostels To Stay In San Lorenzo El Tejar – Top Hotel Reviews
San Lorenzo El Tejar is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in San Lorenzo El Tejar. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in San Lorenzo El Tejar. You’re probably wondering where to stay in San Lorenzo El Tejar. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in San Lorenzo El Tejar right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in San Lorenzo El Tejar with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In San Lorenzo El Tejar:
Cucuruchos Boutique Hostel
Cucuruchos Boutique Hostel is located in Antigua Guatemala, just 14 miles from Guatemala.A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles from the property.
- Great hostel in the middle of Antigua, nice rooms, quiet, amazing decoration and rooftop!
- Most of the staff were very nice, the breakfast was great, the location was excellent, and the amenities were great too.
- The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful during my stay. Accommodations were well designed and very clean. It’s also quiet at night so I had the best sleep I’ve had in two weeks.
Employees were the friendliest I’ve ever met. They even recognized me when I came back from activities and a few days away and asked how my trips were.
Sleeping was no problem despite being in a 12 bed dormitory. The beds are very comfortable and everyone was respectful.
Included breakfast is a bonus.
Make sure you check out the rooftop deck. We were able to see Fuego erupting from there!
- Free coffee and tea at all times, cake at 5 PM daily!
Hostel Capitan Tom
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Hostel Capitan Tom offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Every room is equipped with a shared bathroom. A TV is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 14 miles from Hostel Capitan Tom, and Panajachel is 31 miles away. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
Staff was amazing! Very friendly and helps you book tours/shuttle for the best prices.
Nice kitchen with everything you need. The offer a lot of spices/sauces/fresh herbs for cooking for you to save money!
Great room with very good WiFi- even in bed!
Bathrooms’s cleaned every day, there’s soap and you get a towel!
Good location, very close to the marketplace, big supermarket and the central square.
Big plus: terrace with view of the city and 3 volcanos (we saw lava!)
Would absolutely recommend this hostel 🙂
/Couple, stayed in private room for 5 nights
- I LIKE very much the atmosfere in that hostel.It is like home even kitchen is like home …you can make a smoothie.Nice bathrooms and good bed.
Tanya, the hostel owner, is the most welcoming lady ever. She’s someone you wanna meet after a long day of traveling, with her smile and loving heart. She makes you feel at home and goes all the way just to meet your needs. Other than that, the hostel was clean, in a perfect location close to shops and market. Terrace at the hostel has the most beautiful panoramic view of the volcanos in the whole city. There’s hot water which is always a plus and they provide travellers with all the cooking essentials and spices. It was a wonderful stay and I’m so thankful for all that you dod for me Tanya. I wish you all the best. Take care!
Even though the address isn’t correct on booking.com (booking.com’s fault) stopped at a travel agent where it says the property is located and they directed us the 3 minute walk, 3 blocks straight to the location!
The actual location is even better, off the street, no traffic noise and with an excellent terrace and comfy bed it is a right winner. Woke up to a view of the volcano from my bed.
Hot shower, kitchen facilities, decent coffee ready to go and real friendly owners with interesting stories.
- Wonderful owners. Amazing terrace with views of the mountains and volcano. Close to bus station. Plenty of bathrooms (there are two additional on the first floor, for all the reviews saying there is only one bathroom. There are THREE). Comfy bed. Comfortable temperature. Can’t really beat it for the price.
- Staff was amazing! Very friendly and helps you book tours/shuttle for the best prices.
El Viejo Danes Hostal Antigua Guatemala
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Featuring free WiFi, El Viejo Danes Hostal Antigua Guatemala offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.The rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 15 miles from El Viejo Danes Hostal Antigua Guatemala, and Panajachel is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
The place was calm and staff was friendly
The WiFi worked well, but only in the kitchen
- The price was reasonable for a private room, and the omelette was good!
- Hot showers, breakfast included, near the market and bus station
- Great value fot that money, Standart room and very good breakfast!
- Lovely and really helpful owners, nice breakfast, good location.
- The place was calm and staff was friendly
Hostal Primavera Antigua
One of our top picks in Antigua Guatemala.Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hostal Primavera Antigua offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. All rooms come with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 14 miles from Hostal Primavera Antigua, and Panajachel is 31 miles from the property. La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles away.
- The staff was very helpful in booking us on a guided volcano hike and the breakfast was delicious.
- Breakfast everyday was nice and the location was 5-10 minutes walking distance to everything. They had a night security guard so we felt safe at all times (not that Antigua felt dangerous to us). I’d highly recommend for an upscale hotel in Antigua.
- The people working there is very kind. The property is clean an very comfortable
- The room was very nice, bed very comfortable. But the best thing was the very friendly and helpful staff who assisted me with everything. Breakfast was good too and served promptly
- 24 hour check in, breakfast included, very comfy beds, always had hot water in the bathroom, secure, small property so not too many people, traditional building and friendly staff (some English spoken on main desk which was very helpful).
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Hostal Colonial offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.A flat-screen TV is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 15 miles from Hostal Colonial, and Panajachel is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Great place, well located, big room and really clean. Really friendly owner.
- I liked ALL in this hostal. Very cozy, safe, clean hostal, nice, helpful owner, staff. Comfortable location. I felt like home there. Gracias, Gustavo. Would come back 150 %
- Very clean room and shared bathroom. Good location, very safe hostal
- So clean, comfortable, only a few rooms which was nice. Lovely small courtyard, candles at night. The room was very spacious!
- It’s clean, nice and staff was very helpful and friendly. Also the location was pretty good, close to the market and bus station.
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Hostal Antigua offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Every room comes with a TV with cable channels. All rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 15 miles from Hostal Antigua, and Panajachel is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from Hostal Antigua.
- Excellent staff and rooms were nice and private and clean.
- For a hostile this place was excellent it is in a great location close to everything and very safe I would highly recommended for travelers you can prepare your meals and the kitchen up on the Terrace with a great view of the volcano so I don’t know what more people would want it is a basic place but it is excellent there is a free drinking filtered water which is a great asset
- Great location, fair value for money, safe and secure entry.
This was my second stay at Hostal Antigua, and I loved it even more the second time. It’s amazingly quiet and peaceful, with helpful staff. I also loved being able to visit the pool of their other hotel in Antigua for only Q40. They also give you fresh towels and soap upon arrival, which always nice for weary backpackers.
There’s virtually no atmosphere here, so if you’re looking to socialize definitely look else where. But I was grateful to find a place that’s incredibly peaceful I could come home to after hitting up Cafe No Se or Bigfoot – Antigua’s such a social town, you don’t need to rely upon a hostel to have a good time.
- Perfect location one bloc from the main square, clean comfy dorms including separated men & women’s bathrooms, small but enjoyable inside courtyard
Huellas Hostal Antigua
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Huellas Hostal Antigua offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 14 miles from Huellas Hostal Antigua, and Panajachel is 31 miles away. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- We were very noisey so we thought the stafg would get mad and get us out is what we deseved but they were very patient and helpful
- super cute and friendly owners, family vibe, kitchen for use, wifi is fast, free water
The owner is a very nice guy. He allowed me to store luggage for a long time when i was away two different times.
Its nice to have to kitchen that guests can cook and maintain good budget for long term travel.
This is a family run hostel. I have to emphasize other comments, attention is amazing, the host received us with a smile and gave us a key since we informed that we were in a “party mood” and we will arrive late at night. He also helped us to find a parking for our bikes (we were on a motorcycle road trip).
The hostel has small lockers for your belongings, internet and a “cafe internet”.
Bar and view at the rooftop is awesome, and location is unbeatable, a couple of quarters from the central park and Antigua nightlife.
- Loved this place…the owners are super friendly and the atmosphere chill in the day, and fun in the rooftop bar at night. Lots of space to hang out and suprsing extras (filtered water in a budget hostel…thats a first in my book!). I left with a big smile and will definitely be staying again.
Hostal Antigüeño offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hostel. Guatemala is 14 miles from Hostal Antigüeño, and Panajachel is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from Hostal Antigüeño.
- Great few nights here whilst we did a Spanish course. Rooms are good, private rooms and the property has colonial character to it. The breakfast was good and they have table tennis. Owners are lovely and very helpful
- Wonderful and very hospitable owners and staff. Off the busy streets and into a quiet corner of magical Antigua but a great place to meet other travelers (if that’s what you want). Otherwise best place to chill. Delicious breakfast. Highly recommended:)
- The staff was helpful and the hostel was well located close to the center. It was very quiet.
- I liked the garden feeling and how relaxed it was. Not a party hostel.
- Christian was the best host ever! He gave us a lot of tips in order to enjoy the most our stay in Antigua and he went the extra mile to help us arrange the rest of our trip through Guatemala. And always with a smile on! The place is nice and quiet, the neighbourhood too. Would definitely recommend it!
Hostal Banana Azul
Located in Antigua Guatemala, 15 miles from Guatemala, Hostal Banana Azul features free WiFi access and private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. The hostel also provides car rental. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from Hostal Banana Azul.
- Breakfast is included and was alright. The location is quite fine too. There’s nothing specifically wrong with Banana Azul, but there’s not a lot right either. Overall, I felt the price you pay for what you get really is too high.
nice and helpful staff, good location, great food, good atmosphere
we liked the guitar music and appreciated the farewell balkan song:)
- Great staff and breakfast!!! Perfect if you like the quieter hostal!!
- It was quiet and breakfast was pretty decent, coffee was not.
* free coffee
* good en hot shower
Maison Bougainvillea offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of coffee from your terrace or patio. All rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 13 miles from the property.
- Amazing views and wonderful service. Irving is excellent! He waited for my mom to arrive even after “check in time” he made sure she was settled in and comfortable with the location, amenities, etc. Highly recommended!
- I’ve stayed at hostels all over the world… this might be the best. The value is incredible and it feels like home. I liked the location 15 minutes outside the center. Quiet and feels more authentic. Great breakfast, great views and so so helpful.
- This place is really peaceful and is an ideal choice for couples. Rooms are modest, but clean and well equipped. There are common areas at the accommodation such as a table downstairs and a big terrace with hammocks and tables upstairs. In the morning you can definitely sip your coffee enjoying the views of volcanoes. Wi-Fi connection was strong enough, so everyone, who is working on the road should keep that in mind. Irving was a really sweet and helpful host. I am glad we chose this place for our stay in Antigua.
- Breakfast included, every day a different breakfast with fresh fruits, very, very nice host. He has good advises for Antigua and Guatemala as well.
- Breakfast was really good (pancakes & fruit), roofterrace with views on the vulcanos amazing. The owner is really nice and helpfull. Free coffee available all day!
Top Hostels In San Lorenzo El Tejar Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in San Lorenzo El Tejar to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in San Lorenzo El Tejar but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in San Lorenzo El Tejar. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!