10 Best Hostels To Stay In Rydal Cumbria – Top Hotel Reviews
Rydal Cumbria is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Rydal Cumbria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rydal Cumbria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rydal Cumbria. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Rydal Cumbria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Rydal Cumbria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Rydal Cumbria:
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, YHA Langdale offers accommodations in Ambleside. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a shared bathroom.There is a shops at the property.Windermere is 6 miles from YHA Langdale, and Keswick is 12 miles from the property.
- Wonderful location. Refurbishments making already great hostel even better!
- Building had character and great views from the garden
- Comfy bed, clean, friendly ….fantastic food quality
- What an absolute treat. We have never stayed at a hostel before and this place is in a beautiful rural location. Amazing.
- Choice of self catering – good kitchen or meals provided. Table football very popular.
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, YHA Ambleside offers accommodations in Ambleside. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a shops at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. Windermere is 3.6 miles from YHA Ambleside, and Keswick is 15 miles from the property.
- The staff were just so service orientated with pleasing dispositions. We are fairly old and yet we did not feel out of place. An excellent experience.
- Helpful friendly staff and great location, food was also excellent and all great value for money!
- The staff are always lovely and the location is fantastic, could not fault it.
- Brilliant staff. Lovely location. Perfect accommodation
- The location with bar and seating area fondly staff . Friendly and professional.
YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe offers accommodations in Grasmere, just 8 miles from Windermere. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom.There is a shops at the property.Keswick is 11 miles from Grasmere Butharlyp Howe, and Ambleside is 3.3 miles away.
- Staff were friendly and helpful. There was an acoustic evening from a singer songwriter on the night I stayed over that was excellent.
- Very Comfortable with convenient access to showers and toilets. Friendly atmosphere and good food.
- I like the nature surrounding and very good location.
- Really nice and the staff where lovely. I really liked how qouit the area and if your lucky and go out really early you may even be able to see a deer wondering near the car park. There is also a lot of people you will see walking around the area eveymorning which is nice knowing your not walking alone near the mountains.
- Always a warm welcome in the heart of Grasmere. Great locations for cycling & walking. Very friendly.
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Elterwater Hostel offers accommodations in Elterwater, just 7 miles from Windermere.There is a shared kitchen at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. Keswick is 12 miles from Langdale, and Ambleside is 3 miles away.
- Fabulous place, very clean, staff helpful and friendly, very pleasant stay.
- It was a 6 bed dorm room. Bed comfy and I slept well.
- We found the staff very friendly and helpful, we enjoyed the use of the kitchen. view and location superb
- Great room, great shower. Excellent breakfast, worth the £6. Really good selection of board games!
- Amazing location, right in the heart of the country side, very clean showers and friendly accommodating staff
Raise Cottage is located in Grasmere, just 9 miles from Windermere.Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or lake. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is provided.Keswick is 9 miles from Raise Cottage, and Ambleside is 5 miles away.
- With incredibly lovely hosts, and a beautifully clean and calm cottage; it would not be possible to ask for more.
- The accomodation was warm and friendly and the log burner in the room made a hard days walking worth all the effort. Great location just outside Grasmere, fab views would definitely stay agsin.
- Great location and the staff team were very helpful
- Beatifully decorated room and very comfortable bed … and a travel guide in the form of a very helpful Phillip, that was invaluable – thanks Phillip and Sam!
- Really nice hosts, clean throughout and the fire was on for us in our room every evening when we got back. The breakfast was simple, but great – we had homemade strawberry jam and fresh made bread every morning. Just what you need after exploring the lakes and fells!
YHA Windermere is located in Troutbeck, just 1.9 miles from Windermere. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a shared bathroom.Keswick is 16 miles from YHA Windermere, and Ambleside is 2.6 miles from the property.
- I enjoyed my breakfast especially the apple juice. I enjoyed the location of the hostel it was a pleasant walk to the main road.
- The views and grounds are second to none. Such a shame that we didn’t get to enjoy them fully! 🙁
- very nice staffs, but the location is close to nowhere
Really nice people working there
- Very friendly and helpful staff, Great location despite not easy to find on sat nav.
Great Langdale Bunkhouse
Great Langdale Bunkhouse is located in Great Langdale, just 9 miles from Windermere. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a shared bathroom.Keswick is 11 miles from Great Langdale Bunkhouse, and Ambleside is 5 miles from the property.
- Location, communication and property instructions were bob on and I’ve never had anything less than brilliant service from these guys. The addition of a kettle in the rooms is absolute genius and very much appreciated!
- its what it says on the tin, , a room with a bed, great location, parkings a nightmare
- Extremely warm and comfortable on a cold night. The temperature was exactly right and the quilts were very soft.
Responsiveness from staff/owners to my queries
Instructions very clear
Room warm and dry
- Beds were very comfortable, rooms were quiet. Location particularly excellent!
Station Lodge offers accommodations in Windermere.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as a CD player are available. You will find a kettle in the room.Keswick is 18 miles from Station Lodge, and Ambleside is 4.2 miles from the property.
- Location was perfect and the staff at the accomodation were really friendly. The accomodation itself was really clean. The bed could have been a little more comfortable but apart from that we really enjoyed our stay.
- Was close to everything but it is a small town. Room was clean, bathroom was nice.
- Literally 1 minute downhill from Windermere train/bus station. Spacious room, modern, very clean and warm.
– great location, super close to train station, easy to find
– very helpful staff, we arrived late and called the staff, he left key for us in a key box. =)
– store luggage for free
– big room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom
– I will definitely recommend it to my friends.. 😀
- Clean,comfy,convenient location and really friendly service.
YHA Patterdale is located in Glenridding, 11 miles from Windermere and 10 miles from Keswick. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are fitted with a shared bathroom.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Ambleside is 7 miles from YHA Patterdale, and Carlisle is 25 miles away.
Very friendly and helpful staff
- The staff were very friendly and helpful, the facilities were adequate and the common area had a great atmosphere
- Well done YHA.. This hostel is a splendid place to stay. The staff work very hard to keep the premises up to scratch, yet they still have time to deal with visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Amazing stay! Staff were so friendly and accommodating. We were 2 families and they really looked after us well. The food was fantastic and excellent value! We will be back! Thank you so much to the staff for making our stay so wonderful!!
- I appreciated the smaller atmosphere compared with other Yha hostels I’ve stayed in.
- Comfy beds
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, YHA Hawkshead offers accommodations in Hawkshead, just 3.7 miles from Windermere. Free private parking is available on site.There is a shops at the property.Keswick is 18 miles from YHA Hawkshead, and Ambleside is 5 miles from the property.
- I stayed at 3 different places in the Lake District. They were all different and it is difficult to compare, but this one might have been my favorite (although I only stayed 1 night.) The area was quiet and beautiful surrounded by sheep farms in an old giant house. The breakfast was a small additional cost was worth it. I did not use the kitchens, but they looked amazing.
- The location and self catering facilities. The breakfast was good also and staff friendly.
- Can’t really fault anything. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and the bike storage was a bonus. Lovely lawn area with mature trees trees was perfect for the kids to burn off energy before eating.
- This is a brilliant period place, new kitchens for self catering, usual YHA staff that are second to none. Leave your ‘woes’ at home and enjoy the relaxing here.
- Spacious, very nice modern shared kitchen, beautiful location
Top Hostels In Rydal Cumbria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Rydal Cumbria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Rydal Cumbria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Rydal Cumbria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!