10 Best Hostels To Stay In Poneloya Leon Region – Top Hotel Reviews
Poneloya Leon Region is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Poneloya Leon Region. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Poneloya Leon Region. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Poneloya Leon Region. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Poneloya Leon Region right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Poneloya Leon Region with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Poneloya Leon Region:
Surfing Turtle Lodge
Surfing Turtle Lodge features a restaurant and bar and guests can have fun at the games room. There is also evening entertainment and a gift shop on site.Every room is equipped with a private or shared bathroom. All come with simple décor and wooden décor.There is a tour desk and luggage storage space. Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including horse riding and fishing.This property is 5 minutes’ drive from Poneloya Beach and 14.3 miles from Leon City Centre. Managua International Airport is 2 hours’ drive away.
- Location was great! At the beach, very tranquila. Also the beds were good and there was not a lot of noise in the dorm. Furthermore, the food was good
- Excellent location, nice enough room, decent food and amazing opportunities to see both baby and fully grown turtles.
- Had a private cabin. Great location, great atmosphere, good party, good food.
- The release of the turtles was amazing, it’s worth a trip out just for that. The beds were ok, staff were really nice overall we had a good experience.
- very helpful staff. good choice of activities going on. great location.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Caracolito offers pet-friendly accommodations in Las Peñitas. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.There is a gift shop at the property.The hostel also provides free use of bicycles.
- Our room was big (bigger than we needed), the place had a chill vibe, they have an outdoor ping pong table and “gym”, and awesome outdoor showers that I used even though we had our own private one. My favourite part was on our first night, where they transformed the outdoor space of Caracolito in to a venue for fantastic live music and wood fired pizzas, and everyone from town came out. It was a really special night and was great to be staying where all the action was.
- The place is beautiful and owners are very nice and helpfull
- The hostel looks really nice. It’s really close to the beach and restaurants. Staff is nice and breakfast is delicious. Outside showers are great!
- We changed room to the Combi (which is a VW campervan) and it was amazing!The place is beautoful -alot of people who walked by came into to see if rooms were available! Staff were all lovely and helpful. There’s also a mangk tree 🙂
good location, nice rooms, reception staff was very friendly & helpful
laid back & relaxed atmosphere
Hostal Las Vacaciones
One of our best sellers in León! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hostal Las Vacaciones offers accommodations in León.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the guesthouse. The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 52 miles from the property.
- Nice terrace, you can book the Vulcan boarding trip in the hostel for a good price, the room was clean
- Staff is super friendly and helpful. Offer lot of tours and shuttleservice. Breakfast offer between pancakes or eggs.
- This place is great, Staff very helpfull. I would definitely come back.
This hostel is close to the Central Park and Cathedral (600-700 meters, less than half a mile). The staff is friendly and helpful. You can get excellent pancakes for your free breakfast, and order more pancakes for $1. You can refill your large (2 liter) water bottle with their filtered water for about $0.36, saving both your money and the environment (it seems to me there is no plastic bottle recycling in Nicaragua). There is a great rooftop patio with beautiful view of the stars at night.
And by the way, the most famous Nicaraguan poet Ruben Dario died in this house in 1916, so it is a national landmark!
- The staff were super friendly and helpful. Mariano in the restaurant next door really added to our experience.
Hostal Lazybones offers accommodations in León.Certain rooms have a sitting area where you can relax.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hostel. Augusto C. Sandino Airport is 52 miles away.
- breakfast was good, get the pancakes not the yogurt! Pool was a nice touch. The place was really really clean, cleanest hostel I’ve seen in Nicaragua.
- Perfect in all aspects. Jorge and Noella were so helpful, friendly staff, incredible place to stsy
- Very helpfull staff, hostel very clean, the most stable bunk beds ever, amazing swiming pool, free cafe with milk, 3 different WiFi routers, bright room, very safe and very good location
- The staff were super friendly and helpful, as well as being close to center and good restaurants.
- Fantastic colonial building, nice patio, much room with rocking chairs and hammocks to relax.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hostal Center offers accommodations in León.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature views of the garden or city.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 52 miles from the property.
- I booked a room with shared bathroom and quite suffered during the night due to heat. The walls were hot all night, from a hot day. So they moved me to a better room for the same price and I prolonged ma stay for one night and they kept the same price. Very nice people, the best location, great energy and very quiet. Thank you! Gracias! ?
- Very friendly staff. Easy entry and exit. Can use fridge and microwave.
Good price compared to the hostel… It’s very central (150m from the central church)
Staff is very welcoming
Possible to use the kitchen (if cleaned)
The shared shower is good but very basic
- Great value for money! Now hostal atmosphere but perfect for cheap room! Got upgraded with bathroom and TV for no extra cost! Very friendly local staff and owners.
- Great location and very good value in the budget category. Has cable TV with 5 English speaking channels and free coffee 24 hour security it’s safe well located and good value
Hostal Sonati offers accommodations in León.All rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Augusto C. Sandino Airport is 52 miles away.
- Kind people and great spot in the city. Nice restaurants nearby. For the price you pay it is a nice place and the fact that they use the money they earn for their environmental education is nice. The tours they organize are also nice.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Good informations about tours and activities in and around Leon.
We booked two tours directly at Sonati, volcano boarding and kayaking and it was just great. Really nice and English speaking guides, took a lot of care about safety and have a huge knowledge about nature and environment.
- Short walk to town, very very helpful and friendly staff! Comfortable and clean.
Pretty well located, few blocks away from the center
Staff was excellent, very responsive, friendly with a smile on the face – talk to them about all the tours available in town
As the double room had a broken toilet we got a 7-persons room only for us
- The facilities were really good (pool, kitchen, book swap, tour/shuttle booking). The hostel puts profits back into charitable projects. The room was very clean and looked pretty with paintings on the walls. The bathroom was also really good. There was a nice communal area with lots of seats and hammocks. The doors (shutters) to our bathroom were entertaining though this may perturb some people. They have an adorable cat called Bigotes who had very big eyes.
Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, Hostel Colibri is located in León. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hostel also provides car rental. Augusto C. Sandino Airport is 52 miles away.
- Location was great and the staff was really nice and helpfull. It was safe, not shady at sll. Breakfast was fine.
The hostel is set in a great location and has a secure entrance.
Breakfasts are cooked freshly for you and there is a huge kitchen for cooking meals in.
There are both indoor and outdoor communal areas.
This hostel is less than 5 minutes walk to banks, supermarkets and the main party Street. It is far enough away thst you don’t get the noise from the main party Street.
- Very friendly and helpful staff, nice location – close to main square but super quiet inside, nice pancakes for breakfast and lovely hang out area
- Santos is the greatest! He really goes out of his way to make sure guests feel welcome and safe. We were having trouble locating one of the tours we booked, and he personally called the tour company and set everything straight for us. Whenever we needed help with anything, Santos was there to save us! Location is also amazing, smack in the middle of Leon, with access to lots of shops, food, tour companies, etc. If you’re looking for a great hostel, look no further!
Staff aren’t particularly smiley and you don’t feel that the kitchen is yours to use. The breakfast is included but rather than just bring it they walk to tell you to come and get it which was weird then you have to wash up after yourself with them watching. These things aren’t a big deal, just strange.
Not much vibe at what could be a great hostel. Wifi only worked near the kitchen.
Hostal Los Cheles
Featuring free WiFi, Hostal Los Cheles offers accommodations in León. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some rooms have a sitting area for your convenience.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental and car rental. The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 52 miles from Hostal Los Cheles.
No reviews yet.
Surfing Turtle Leon
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Surfing Turtle Leon offers accommodations in León.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 52 miles from Surfing Turtle Leon.
- The staff specialy. Very helpfull and great company 🙂
- Its a nice and quiet hostel in the middle of the center
Amazing location, wonderful gardens where they grow their own food, and the turtle rescue is incredible to see.
BUT! They don’t focus on any of this, when you get there. They just focus on the bar and drinking games. SUCH a shame! It seems like they have forgotten their own purpose… so when you go, ask them about all these things and make sure to see other things than the bar!!
- Room was spacious, just Spend a night there, before heading to their beach lodge..
- Nice cheap place to stay, centrally located, close to bars, restaurants, tour operators etc. Staff were really friendly and also incredibly helpful. Anthony was fantastic and helped me write out a note in Spanish to take to hospital with me after I got volcanic rock in my eye volcano boarding.
Hostal Casa Ivana
Hostal Casa Ivana is located in the heart of León, where you will find plenty of shops and restaurants. The historic centre featuring the Cathedral of Leon is ony 1,150 feet away. Free WiFi access is available.Each room here will provide you with a patio. Extras include bed linen and a fan. All private rooms have hot water showers.At Hostal Casa Ivana you will find a 24-hour front desk, a terrace and a bar. Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge, a tour desk and luggage storage.Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport is 62.1 miles away.
- Super location close to restaurants, bars and the cathedral. My room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was lovely and friendly, Kris the manager (and my new friend) is terrific and happy to help with directions and advice. The hostel has been recently renovated, the kitchen is well equipped for cooking, the bathrooms are huge and there is hot water for your shower, a very nice bonus and rare in Leon. Guest safety and comfort is a priority; felt so co comfortable I booked 2 days and stayed for 6 🙂
- A very comfortable hostal located very convenient to the city center.
- Staff were very helpful and friendly and keen to learn what could be improved. Great location while not being affected by the local night life noise, and very clean.
- Staff was really nice and helpful. Atmosphere very relaxed, definitely not a party hostel but a great value for money. Room was not big but clean, and the shower was hot :)!
- The cleanliness was great and the staff was always available if you needed anything. Great location
Top Hostels In Poneloya Leon Region Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Poneloya Leon Region to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Poneloya Leon Region but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Poneloya Leon Region. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!