10 Best Hostels To Stay In Plentzia Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Plentzia Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Plentzia Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Plentzia Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Plentzia Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Plentzia Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Plentzia Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Plentzia Basque Country:
Moana Surf Hostel
Located in Urduliz, 10 minutes’ drive from the beaches on the Bay of Biscay, Moana Surf Hostel features an indoor swimming pool. Free Wi-Fi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the guest house features a rustic décor with exposed wood beams and exposed walls. Rooms at Moana Surf come with wooden bunk beds made from skateboards, a safe and a private or shared bathroom. Bed linen and towels are also provided.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Basque dishes and a furnished sun terrace is available with barbecue facilities. There is also a living room with sofas and chimney where you can relax.The local area offers a great variety of outdoor activities whether in summer or winter and sports such as skateboarding. The beach next to the property is also popular for water sports such as sailing and surfing. Bilbao Airport is 20 minutes’ drive from Moana Surf Hostel.
- we had our own room, the noise levels were kept to a minimum after 11pm which is great for a hostel. breakfast was included and was sufficient.
- The place looks fabulous, has a nice small indoor pool, summer terrace, clean and comfortable rooms and everything. Plus the location is perfect for visiting Bilbao, since you can go by car to the Metro station (3 minutes by car or 30min walk) and park there all day for free. The younger lady who is in charge of the accommodation was very nice and helpful.
- Lovely hostel with fantastic staff! Welcoming and helpful from the moment you arrive. Nice rooms and bathrooms and good communal areas to eat and socialize. The dinner we had made for us at the hostel was delicious but most importantly we felt part of the family!
Hostel close to surf spots.
Excellent place to stay, the lady that runs the place will cook you up a storm! Everyone is very friendly and accommodating.
Very affordable BnB and just 6€ extra you will get a delicious dinner too.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!
Barrika Surf Camp
Located in Barrika, Barrika Surf Camp offers barbecue facilities. Featuring a shared lounge, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Facilities include a playground and free WiFi is accessible.The shared bathroom is equipped with a shower.The hostel has a terrace. A selection of activities are offered in the area, such as snorkeling and cycling.Bilbao is 10 miles from Barrika Surf Camp, while Castro-Urdiales is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 7 miles from the property.
- My family and I stayed in a yerk on the property. It was are first time staying at a hostel and the staff was very friendly and accommodating.
- Great surf hostel and location in the middle of the nature with some shared space for networking but also enough space to enjoy some solo time. Good breakfast and meals! And really clean!surf classes were good and with professional and nice teachers!
- Owners are very well prepared to receive guests as well as to ensure surfing lessons are of great quality. Also they were very kind to provide transfer to the airport at no cost! I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and look forward to come again.
- El trato es excelente. Tanto Lurta como Isaro e Iñigo son muy amables y se mostraron disponibles en todo momento. El ambiente con el resto de huespedes también fue agradable. Un lugar MUY recomendable!! Eskarrik asko!!
- Petit déjeuner fourni, cadre et espaces de détente commun extérieurs superbes
Bilbao Aterpetxea Hostel is set next to the A8 Motorway and is 10 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. Surrounded by gardens and sports grounds, this hostel features a buffet restaurant and a 24-hour reception.Each modern room and dorm at Bilbao Aterpetxea Hostel has heating, a desk and a private or shared bathroom. All accommodations offers views of Bilbao.There is a shared lounge area with a TV and a dining area. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.You can make use of sports facilities including football, basketball courts and table tennis. Free parking is available onsite for cars and bikes.Olabeaga and Autonomía train stations are within 15 minutes’ walk of the Aterpetxea, and connect you to the city center in 10 minutes. You can take the bus or tram to the Guggenheim Museum, 1.9 mi away.
- Staff; location; clean; comfortable; value 4 money
- The view from the hostel is amazing. Surroundings are peaceful and quite.
- It was the cheapest option in Bilbao. Stuff speak English and service desk works 24H. Beds are comfortable, everything is surprisingly clean for a hostel including toilets and showers. Even though the location is quite remote from the city center the view from rooms is great.
- 5* in all areas….especially the reception staff who were the best of all my trips to Spain.
- simple check in, quite close to town centre on bus route. rooms clean toilets clean, car parking
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Bide-Ona offers accommodations in Portugalete, 2,300 feet from Vizcaya Bridge.All rooms are heated and have a wardrobe.There is a shared lounge at the property with flat-screen TV and a communal area with a microwave, fridge and coffee and tea facilities.The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 6.2 mi from the property.
- Very friendly helpful owner – gregarious character! Very good breakfast and nice intimate setting.
- Great hostel, amazing breakfast! Martin and Begonia were great hosts and made my stay a really wonderful experience. I definitely recommend the place! 🙂
- Great place, nice set up with good kitchen and very clean. Very nice people
Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, cozy.
Good value for money.
One of the best albergue I have ever stayed.
- Very helpful owner. Came after me when I left my glasses behind. He was very friendly and welcoming!
Albergue Turístico Moon Hostel Bio
This simple, functional hostel is set 10 minutes’ walk from the famous Guggenheim Museum. It offers heated dormitory and private rooms, 5 minutes’ walk from Deusto Metro Station.Rooms at Moon Hostel Bio feature vibrant décor and individual lockers. Private rooms have a private bathroom, while dormitories have bunk beds and a shared private bathroom.The property has a lounge area for guests to relax in. You can make use of maps, lockers and bicycle storage at reception, and staff can also arrange bicycle rental.Various bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets can be found on Lehendakari Aguirre Street, 100 feet away.Taxis and buses to various locations in the city stop 150 feet from the property and Deusto University is 1,300 feet away. The Fine Art Museum is 10 minutes’ walk away.Moon Hostel Bio is 1.9 mi from the historic center and Bilbao Cathedral. Bilbao Airport is 15 minutes’ drive away.
This hostel is perfect for a travel in the quartier of Deusto few minutes from the river and the center of Bilbao 🙂
The garden and the common room are great! The staff is helpful and polite
- good and fast wifi, bathroom is clean and good provided
- The hostel was in te city center near to everything. It was very clean. The staff was helpful and kind.
- Good location within an easy and pleasant walk to the Guggenheim.
Location is very near a supermarket and twenty minutes walk to the centre.
It was quiet.
One member of staff was reasonably personable.
Rooms were very clean and serviced daily.
- This hostel is perfect for a travel in the quartier of Deusto few minutes from the river and the center of Bilbao 🙂
Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel is located in Bilbao, 1,000 feet from Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. This Premium Hostel features a sauna.Most of the rooms located in this refurbished factory are equipped with a private bathroom and a personal locker. Every bunk bed comes with a night light, a shelf and USB connector. Bed linen is provided.You can find 2 wheel-chair adapted shared bathrooms in this property.This premium hostel feature a shared interior courtyard with a vertical garden and a shared lounge area with TV. Guests will have access to a shared kitchenette area with a fridge, dining area and microwave.The stylish on-site bar and restaurant offers characteristic local dishes and Pintxos.Other facilities include a 24-hour front desk at the property, and a laundry room available at an extra charge.Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel is located within walking distance from several restaurants, shops and bar areas.Bilbao Old Town is 0.8 mi from Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel, while the Funikular is 2,650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.1 mi from the property.
- Clean, nice bar and restaurant. Great location for the Guggenheim
- Comfy beds, clean, modern building and friendly staff.
- Staff, interiors ,common spaces ,bathrooms, cleanliness
- made lots of friends , very near the guggenheim museum, im 54 travelling alone, i would highly recommend!
Excellent stay! The mattress and bedding felt luxurious and wouldn’t be out of place at a high class hotel. The location is incredible, 2 blocks from Guggenheim and central amenities. The onsite bar was very useful. Bilbao is a great city and poshtel the perfect base for a trip.
Stayed 3 nights, 8 bed dorm with shared bathroom.
Pil Pil Hostel Bilbao
Pil Pil Hostel is just a 1-minute walk from Athletic Bilbao’s iconic San Mamés Stadium. With no curfew or lock-out, it has a free welcome cocktail and dormitories with individual lockers.Guests at the Pil Pil have free access to the shared kitchen, and there is free tea and coffee all day. There is also a TV lounge with board games, as well as a shared patio.You can use the hostel’s printer for free if you need to print out a boarding pass. There is also luggage storage and bike parking on site.Free maps and city guides are available at the front desk. Pil Pil Hostel is a 15-minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum, and Eskalduna Convention Centre is 8 minutes away.The hostel is next to San Mamés Metro Station and Sabino Arana Tram Stop. It is a 4-minute walk from the airport bus stop and San Mamés Train Station.
- Staff are friendly, gave great advice. Bed was comfortable and clean sheets and blanket were provided upon entry. Wifi worked well, breakfast was simple but everything you need to start your day. Bathrooms were clean, other guests were respectful due to the 12 person bedroom.
- Clean linen, comfy bed. Good location as not far from the sites and bus station.
- The girls on the desk were wonderful! Kitchen area great and had everything you need.
Only good thing as far as I could see was its proximity to the estacion de autobuses.
And the very helpful and pleasant manner of the young woman in charge on Wednesday evening.
Unfortunately, this was overshadowed by the thoroughly unpleasant, discriminatory and downright cruel behaviour of the ignorant young man on duty Thursday morning.
- Nice, good value hostel close to the bus station. Free breakfast had good range of options and staff were very friendly. Personal lockers always a plus too!
Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao
This modern hostel offers a chill-out lounge with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and views over the River Nervión and the Guggenheim Museum. Guggenheim Tram Station is 800 feet away.Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao has bold red, black and white décor with stylish murals. It offers spacious, air-conditioned dormitory rooms. Towels and bed linen can be rented from the reception.The hostel has a communal kitchen with a microwave, dishwasher and fridge. You can also find a wide range of traditional tapas bars within a 10-minute walk.The Botxo Gallery is just 500 feet from Deusto University. The nearby tram station provides easy access to the historic city center.
- The Night Shift Guy is very friend, Star of the place!
- Very nice Place, in a Central position. The rooms are full of beds but i didn t have problem. Very clean and the staff very gentle. Good prices and breakfast incluted. I ve bene very good there!
- It was okay . Bed , showers but not one for a romantic trip.
- The location was awesome. A great value I would stay here again
- The coffee was good and the location was in the city center, near to everything.
Bilbao Akelarre Hostel
Bilbao Akelarre Hostel offers shared rooms with lockers and free WiFi 20 minutes’ walk from Bilbao city center. Deusto Metro Station is 600 metes away. The Guggenheim Museum is a 20-minute walk from the property, while the Euskalduna Palace is a 10-minute walk away.Rooms feature bunk beds and come with shared bathrooms. Guests can make use of a microwave, a fridge and kitchenware. Laundry service is available upon request.You can get tourist information of the area at the hostel and there is also a bicycle rental service.Ría de Bilbao Sea Museum is within 2,800 feet of Bilbao Akelarre Hostel. You can walk to the University of Deusto in under 20 minutes and the University of Sarriko is a 10-minute walk away. San Mames Football Stadium is only 5 minutes away by car. Bilbao Airport is 7.5 mi away.
- The place was very clean, and the staff was super nice and flexible. We were supposed to arrive during the day, but eventually we arrived in the middle of the night – that was not a problem, everything was ready to accomodate us. Whatever we needed, they were ready to help us.
- There is only few I could say about my liking of the hostel…. In an over all look unfortunaltely I did not like it. The people I met there where realy nice, but this has nothing to do with the hostel itself. Depending on the staff there is and in case you do not have any complaints, they are quite nice and helping. But, if you have a complaint: prepare for a realy bad discussion with the staff.
- The staff were really friendly and helpful, and are happy to assist travellers who arrive early/late, although this wasn’t my case. The breakfast was simple but sufficient, and there was free coffee and tea all day. The rooms were generally clean and spacious. The no-noise after 11pm rule is also appreciated by those who want to sleep.
- Staff were extremely helpful – I arrived after 00:30 and everything arranged for me, to enter, key, where to sleep, breakfast and a letter with sweetie…that was my first sweetie to start my Pilgrimage with. Thank you!
- Place was close to downtown and quiet. I liked the price and the sympathy of the host. It is a simple hostel but you have everything you need to spend a good night for a few bucks. Definitely recommend this place for travelers.
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Located in the Bilbao City Center district of Bilbao, Bcool Bilbao is 1,300 feet from Casco Viejo. The property is close to several noted attractions, around 1,650 feet from Arriaga Theater and around 0.6 mi from Athletic Club de Bilbao. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.At the hostel, rooms are fitted with a wardrobe. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom with a hairdryer.A Continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Bilbao Exhibition Center is 0.7 mi from Bcool Bilbao, while Bilbao Fine Arts Museum is 0.8 mi from the property. Bilbao Airport is 3.7 mi away.
- Great welcome. 24 hour reception if you need it. Towels available for hire at Eu1.50. Each guest gets a locker with key but there is a refundable deposit of Eu5. Nice bar/breakfast room. Sold some unusual beers. Clean as was the shower and toilet area. What I would expect from hostel accommodation. It would not suit everybody but great for those familiar with and who like this style of travel. Ideal for visiting the old town area of Casco Viego.
- I stayed for a week while looking for a place to live in Bilbao. The facilities are clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. I stayed in a room for 6 women, and it was actually quiet and nice. The curtain on the bed was a life saver to give me the illusion of privacy. There were drunk kids being very loud in the halls at night but that’s what ear plugs are for I guess. The breakfast was by far the best I’ve ever had in a hostel. It makes sense why it costs extra.
- Breakfast was very tasty, and the staff helpful. Clean facilities.
- Exceptionally clean and well managed. The staff at the reception desk was extremely helpful and welcoming. Cudos to Mark, in particular.
- The hostel itself is safe, and the reception is open 24 hours. The staff at the reception were very helpful and friendly. The hostel was overall very clean, other than the toilet which was of an acceptable standard but could be improved. There were privacy curtains, which were good at blocking out the light from the room. It was overall a good and affordable stay.
Top Hostels In Plentzia Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Plentzia Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Plentzia Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Plentzia Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!