10 Best Hostels To Stay In Oruña Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Oruña Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Oruña Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Oruña Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Oruña Cantabria. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Oruña Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Oruña Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Oruña Cantabria:
Located in Boó de Piélagos, Albergue Piedad provides free WiFi.Rooms have a shared bathroom.A buffet breakfast is available daily at the property.Santander is 7 miles from the hostel, while Santillana del Mar is 9 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 6 miles away.
Very welcoming hosts
Great value dinner
Close to train station for next crossing to King to to continue Camino
Very good albergue along the camino, 1 min from train station if you continue via Mogro and Codun.
Dinner was very good, generous plates for the price you pay.
Hosts are very friendly, make you feel welcome
- A hostel. The people who ran it were exceptionally friendly & helpful. A very relaxed atmosphere, and they obviously like children. As a result the children (4) were very happy.
- Highly recommend. The owner is so kind and helpful with anything you need. I had a wonderful night sleep here and had my clothes washed and dried for €3. They also serve food there (salads, sandwiches, eggs, freshly made French fries….. delicious! Lastly everything felt Very clean and comfortable. I never use pillows in albergues but i did here.
- The hospitality of the hosts was fabulous and we were welcomed in despite arriving very early. We had friends arriving late and this also was no problem. Great food on offer for dinner as well as a really well equipped kitchen.
- Very welcoming hosts
This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Located in Suances, Hostal Amarantos provides a bar and free WiFi. There’s a restaurant.At the hostel, rooms come with a closet and a flat-screen TV. With a private bathroom, some units at Hostal Amarantos also provide guests with a patio.Santander is 12 miles from the accommodation, while Santillana del Mar is 4.2 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 11 miles away.
- There is a busy bar/restaurant where you must go to check in etc and everyone we dealt with was incredibly nice and helpful. Our room was cozy and warm. Bathroom was big and we slept very comfortably. It was very quiet despite being full of people. We ate delicious burgers for dinner from the restaurant and had a yummy breakfast as well. They accepted our small dog at no extra cost. Wonderful experience all around, would happily return and recommend. Location is very central, was easy to find street parking despite a busy holiday weekend.
- Very convenient for start of Vuelta a Espana in Suances
- La habitación olía a tabaco (a pesar de que nos repitieron que avisan de que no se puede fumar) y nos la cambiaron sin ningún problema.
- Lo q más la limpieza ,(esas personas q no se ven pero x ellas la estancia puede ser mucho mejor),cama comoda.la ubicación genial.y encantada de q admitan perros ya q aún hoy en día es muy difícil viajar con ellos.gracias
- El trato del personal excelente. La ubicación fantástica.
Albergue Solar de Hidalgos
This renovated, 16th-century palace is set in a pedestrianized area of Santillana del Mar’s historic town center. It lies just a few feet from Plaza Mayor and La Colegiata Románica.Many of the palace’s ancient features have been carefully preserved, giving the Solar de Hidalgos an authentic, historic charm. Here you will find numerous antique sculptures and artwork, suits of armor, dark stone flooring and exposed wood beams. These ancient features are now blended with modern facilities.The hostel is located beside the Benemejiis Palace, which now acts as the Caja Cantabria exhibition center. This small town is filled with impressive historic buildings, and outside it you will find some of Spain’s best green landscape.
- I cannot complain. I have a great time in the Albergue. The pilgrims in the room were clean and quite and the bathroom was super clean.
- Jorge at reception was lovely and told me all about his hostal-architecture, history. Really cool museum like feel. Very positive
- The building is amazing!! It is full of antiques and still has the charm of its original purpose. We had a small courtyard to be shared with 2 others. The owner seems to be very approachable and helpful. Bathroom and rooms seem to be of a good size.
Yet another good stop point if your walking the Camino.
Old ‘museum’ of a building. Bit of a hotch potch.
Plenty of history in the building and the town.
Plenty of places to eat in the town.
We had to male use of Medical Centre which is only open until midday.
Aldo local hospital and the staff were great.
- The hostel itself with al the old stuff is awesome!! Also the host is a real nice guy (who speaks English) and the breakfast for 3 euros is good!
El Pico de Santillana
Offering free WiFi, El Pico de Santillana is located in Santillana del Mar, within 1.4 miles of Colegiata Santillana del Mar Church. Among the various facilities of this property are barbecue facilities, a garden and a terrace. The property provides a shared kitchen, and organizing tours for guests.Selected rooms have a kitchen with an oven and a microwave.A buffet breakfast is served every morning at the property.The area is popular for cycling, and bike rental is available at the hostel.Santander Airport is 14 miles from the property.
Vispieres is a great choice for travelers interested in sightseeing, food and nature.
No reviews yet.
This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Located 10 minutes’ drive from Santillana del Mar and Suances, Hostería Fimar offers rooms with mountains and sea views. Free Wi-Fi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Simply decorated, each room at Hostería Fimar features a flat-screen TV, desk and wardrobe. They all come with a private bathroom with bath and free toiletries. Bed linen and towels are provided.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Cantabrian dishes and you can enjoy a drink at Hostería Fimar’ terrace.The guest house is on Bay of Biscay, 10 minutes’ drive from Santa Justa Beach and from the picturesque sandy beaches of Tagle and Comillas. You can also find good hiking and cycling roads in the nearby countryside.
- A wonderful hotel, beautiful location and a very nice staff .Thay will treat you like a member of family. Highly recommended
- Extremely friendly staff at the reception. Nice breakfast.
- We booked this accommodation on the day we stayed as our ferry had been cancelled (thank you Brittany Ferries!). We arrived on Sunday afternoon, just in time for lunch and loved the delightful, friendly owners, who didn’t speak a word of English and the food was outstanding, both for breakfast and lunch. We’ve never seen so much food offered for breakfast and their menu del dia was just fabulous for 17 euros. The night’s accommodation, including breakfast was so reasonable through Booking.com.
- Breakfasts were the best I’ve ever seen. The staff was extremely friendly like the friends were caring us. The location is between the green hills with a sea view line from the room window.
- Todos! The reception was great, awesome food, location and value for price
Located in Santander, Cantabria region, Alojamientos Cantíber is set 2,300 feet from Santander Port. The property is located a 14-minute walk from Camino de Santiago en Santander, 1.1 mi from Puerto Chico and 1.2 mi from Santander Festival Palace. A tour desk can provide information on the area.The rooms in Alojamientos Cantíber are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Alojamientos Cantíber provides certain rooms that include a balcony, and all rooms include a coffee machine. All rooms will provide guests with a microwave.The daily breakfast offers continental and buffet options. Other facilities at Alojamientos Cantiber include a shared kitchen area, including a desk, flat-screen TV, and seating area.El Sardinero Casino is 1.7 mi from Alojamientos Cantíber, while El Sardinero Beach is 1.7 mi from the property. Santander Airport is 2.5 mi away.
- Its a cosy clean place with candies fruits breakfast. I loved the attention to client-the host introduced to the place, gave city map, showed most important places and answered some traveller style questions. Good luck!!!
- Hostel staff were very lovely and offered great beach recommendations. They also packed me a breakfast because I had an early bus to catch. Really appreciated the clothes drying space!
Really nice and helpful staff – they’ll make sure, you have a nice time at their place!
There’s just one dormitory and a few double rooms, so everything is really small – but I liked this family hostel style
Big lockers with keys
- The most special thing are the owners of the hostel. They were welcoming, friendly, helpful and in fact could not do enough for me. They helped me with all my questions about the area, they were wonderful and I would definitely go back and in fact will be next week. The hostel was lovely, cosy, with a lovely tiny balcony if you want to sit outside, a room for 8 people with lockers, a shower, toilets, breakfast. There is nothing that I needed that I didn’t have. Highly recommended, thank you so much. Muchisimas gracias.
- Breakfast was very good. Not only coffee, sweet cake and orange juice, but regular morning meal. Quiet and clean. Host (nice Lady) very helpfull and knows a bit English. We reccomend this place.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hostel Allegro offers accommodations in Santander, on El Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route.Each room has a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a shared bathroom.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Santander Port is 2,650 feet from Hostel Allegro , while Camino de Santiago en Santander is 0.9 mi away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 2.5 mi from the property.
- Rafael and his family and staff were extremely friendly and made my stay really easy!! Bought me a beer on my first night after my flight, cooked a great breakfast and was very accommodating. Will be staying again!! Hola Rafael. El Chico Gales 🙂
- My first hostel ever and the best luck to book it as a first! Owner great guy, so friendly, really it helps a lot to feel almost as at home. Hostel is very clean, great breakfast, nice bathroom. Owner provided me guided map ti visit Santander, it was raining so he offered me an umbrella. I think that it couldn’t be better for a first stay in the hostel.
- The staff was exceptional helpful and friendly! Never happened to me before that someone prepared breakfast for me in a hostel.
- Great stay at a nice place in town. Very helpful staff (they booked a bus trip for me which would’ve been impossible for myself as the ALSA website is only in Spanish). And a great breakfast as well! Highly recommended!! Thank you.
- I had a great stay and I definately recommend this hostel especially for those on the camino del norte as the hostel is right nex to the path. Everything is very clean and the staff is great! The breakfast is very tasty and prepared as you come.
Hostel de las Facultades
Hostel de las Facultades is located within Camino de Santiago in Santander, 15 minutes’ walk away from the University area, and can provide pilgrims with credentials. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property and free public parking is available on site.Each bright dormitory room is equipped with lockers and sound proofing. They all give access to a shared bathroom. Blankets are provided. Hostel de las Facultades features an air renewal system throughout the property.You can find a shared kitchen at the property where a fridge, ceramic hob, microwave, electric kettle and kitchenware are available. A washing-machine with tumble-dryer option is available. There is a dining-room with a lounge area, and a spacious garden with seating areas shared with the other buildings.Other facilities include a bicycle parking for a surcharge, and touristic information can be provided at the reception as well as luggage storage service.You can find supermarkets, restaurants, a pharmacy and a medical clinic nearby. Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including golfing, windsurfing and cycling. Santander Port is 0.9 mi while Santander Centreal Bus Station is 1.1 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 2.5 mi away.
Clean, the owner is nice and even though he only speaks Spanish, we managed some conversation.. Location is ok, if you like walking you just go straight for about 3-4 km and arrive at the beach. The city is about 20 min walk, easy to reach. There is a supermarket only few minutes away, wifi is very good.
Breakfast is ok, big Lockers in the room..
- The place was super clean. Also it was very well equipped and stuff was new. Range of ready meals to purchase in a kitchen fridge.
- The young woman who received us in the afternoon, on the other hand, was very kind and informative.
- Great place to stay. Very welcoming reception staff.
- The man who was running the hostel whilst the owner was away was fantastic, even though we didn’t speak the same language he used Google translate and he couldn’t be more helpful!
- Clean, the owner is nice and even though he only speaks Spanish, we managed some conversation.. Location is ok, if you like walking you just go straight for about 3-4 km and arrive at the beach. The city is about 20 min walk, easy to reach. There is a supermarket only few minutes away, wifi is very good.
Albergue El Convento
Located in a former nun convent, Albergue El Convento offers accommodations in Santillana del Mar city center.Featuring a simple-vintage décor, this hostel offers dormitory rooms for maximum 4 people as well as private rooms, the former nun cells. They feature a garden view and give access to a shared bathroom.There is a dining area where the continental buffet is served every morning, as well as a communal lounge area with a library, and board games.The property features a spacious garden with barbecue facilities and guests have access to the communal terrace.Other facilities include a bio store with local products and souvenirs.Restaurants, bars and shops can be found within walking distance. Santander Airport is 15 mi away.
the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the location is very close to the old town.
I also like the public areas, such as garden, living room, small salon. My room was cozy and quiet, I had a good sleep.
- Beautiful property with friendly staff. Washer & dryer available. Lovely garden & great location!
- Staff were all friendly, hostel for walkers on doing the el Camino trail
- Friendly, easy-going, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable place! A real gem! They totally get what pilgrims need.
- The staff was very helpful and extremly friendly! Really nice atmosphere in the hostel and Santillana is a lovely small village. Would definitely come back (especially if you are on the camino!)
- the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the location is very close to the old town.
Santander Central Hostel
Santander Central Hostel offers accommodation in Santander. It features free WiFi .The dormitory room features bunk beds with individual nightlight and lockers.You will find a shared kitchen at the property and a seating area with a library.Santander Cathedral and Santander Town Hall are both 1,300 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 2.5 miles from the property.
- The girl on reception when we arrived was very welcoming and helpful . The breakfast was a pleasant surprise
- Great location angel was more than helpful very happy with my stay there hope tobe back next year on camino north
- Great location, friendly staff, fantastic comfort and decoration
- Great hotel . really nice and helpful host. Cooking facilities, tea and coffee all the time. Location outside train/bus station is a bonus
- Very nice owner of the Hostel – very open-minded, helpful and respectful! The Hostel ist modern, clean and cosy!
Top Hostels In Oruña Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Oruña Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Oruña Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Oruña Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!