10 Best Hostels To Stay In Ortuella Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Ortuella Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Ortuella Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ortuella Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ortuella Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Ortuella Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Ortuella Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Ortuella Basque Country:
Bilbao Aterpetxea Hostel is set next to the A8 Motorway and is 10 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. Surrounded by gardens and sports grounds, this hostel features a buffet restaurant and a 24-hour reception.Each modern room and dorm at Bilbao Aterpetxea Hostel has heating, a desk and a private or shared bathroom. All accommodations offers views of Bilbao.There is a shared lounge area with a TV and a dining area. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.You can make use of sports facilities including football, basketball courts and table tennis. Free parking is available onsite for cars and bikes.Olabeaga and Autonomía train stations are within 15 minutes’ walk of the Aterpetxea, and connect you to the city center in 10 minutes. You can take the bus or tram to the Guggenheim Museum, 1.9 mi away.
- It was the cheapest option in Bilbao. Stuff speak English and service desk works 24H. Beds are comfortable, everything is surprisingly clean for a hostel including toilets and showers. Even though the location is quite remote from the city center the view from rooms is great.
- 5* in all areas….especially the reception staff who were the best of all my trips to Spain.
- simple check in, quite close to town centre on bus route. rooms clean toilets clean, car parking
Good stop over location, easy to park.
Simple breakfast but exactly what we expected
- Very clean rooms; good value for money; excellent location for visiting Bilbao (we left the car at the hostel and took the bus into the city centre, which was very easy).
Albergue Turístico Moon Hostel Bio
This simple, functional hostel is set 10 minutes’ walk from the famous Guggenheim Museum. It offers heated dormitory and private rooms, 5 minutes’ walk from Deusto Metro Station.Rooms at Moon Hostel Bio feature vibrant décor and individual lockers. Private rooms have a private bathroom, while dormitories have bunk beds and a shared private bathroom.The property has a lounge area for guests to relax in. You can make use of maps, lockers and bicycle storage at reception, and staff can also arrange bicycle rental.Various bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets can be found on Lehendakari Aguirre Street, 100 feet away.Taxis and buses to various locations in the city stop 150 feet from the property and Deusto University is 1,300 feet away. The Fine Art Museum is 10 minutes’ walk away.Moon Hostel Bio is 1.9 mi from the historic center and Bilbao Cathedral. Bilbao Airport is 15 minutes’ drive away.
- The hostel was in te city center near to everything. It was very clean. The staff was helpful and kind.
- Good location within an easy and pleasant walk to the Guggenheim.
Location is very near a supermarket and twenty minutes walk to the centre.
It was quiet.
One member of staff was reasonably personable.
Rooms were very clean and serviced daily.
- It’s quite cheap and 10 min walking from the Gugenheim museum. 2 min from underground.
- Clean enough. Personal items as shampoo, shower gel included. Close to Guggenheim museum.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Bide-Ona offers accommodations in Portugalete, 2,300 feet from Vizcaya Bridge.All rooms are heated and have a wardrobe.There is a shared lounge at the property with flat-screen TV and a communal area with a microwave, fridge and coffee and tea facilities.The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 6.2 mi from the property.
- Very helpful owner. Came after me when I left my glasses behind. He was very friendly and welcoming!
- Great location great staff and great facility for a hiatal.
LOvely hostel. Martin so helpful. Took extra trouble with the breakfast. Tomato jam a local speciality with ham
- It’s a hostel so your expectations are downgraded. Reasonable. Nice breakfast. Good host.
- Great stay after a day on the camino. Funny & helpful host. Beds are good, bathroom & kitchen perfect. Good indoor relaxing area. Washing machine & dryer are working good!
All Iron Hostel
Located in Bilbao in the Basque Country Region, 2,300 feet from Etxebarría Park, All Iron Hostel features a terrace and views of the mountain.The property offers dormitory rooms with a coffee machine. Lockers with individual sockets inside are available. This property is adapted for guests with disabilities.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hostel also offers bike hire. Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is 1.3 mi from All Iron Hostel, while Plaza Nueva is 2,650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.1 mi from the property.
- My first impression was how clean it was. Spotless! The staff were extremely friendly. The atmosphere was friendly. The room was a good size for the amount of people on there, plenty of room to move around. A lovely relaxtion room and the showers were fab.
- Super recomanded for travelers and pilgrims ! The staff is very helpful and take care of people 🙂
- The staff were friendly, common areas were decorated well,Price was good.
- Very welcoming accommodation within walking distance to some great food options and a reasonable walk to the main downtown area. Clean and conducive to meeting other travelers.
- It was my second time staying at All Iron, and it was amazing! My favorite hostel ever.
Albergue Areitz Soroa Casa Rural
Areitz Soroa is set in Arce, 20 mi from Bilbao and 14 mi from Castro-Urdiales. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Isla is 43 mi from Areitz Soroa, while Valle De Villaverde is 9.3 mi away. Bilbao Airport is 22 mi from the property.
- The place is a hostel so expect hostel-like comfort. That said, it had everything you could need, including a kitchen, full en-suite, etc. If you have kids, the owners also run a small farm, bake bread, etc.
- The location was great, close enough to go for a day to Bilbao, lovely surroundings. The owner Jon was very friendly, helpful and chatty.
- Very friendly owner! He even served us some breakfast, tea and coffee though we thought it was not included. Great quiet place to stay and relax for few days!
Le personnel est accueillant, aimable, respectueux et curieux
d’échanger avec les hôtes. El personal es acogedor, amable,
respetuoso y con buena conversación. Le top est la démarche écologique :
affichage de sensibilisation sans faire la morale, fermé pédagogique,
fabrication de pain artisanal, balade en pleine nature … La guinda
sobre el pastel es la sensibilidad ecológica y pedagógica : mensajes de
concienciación, granja escuela, horno de leña para hacer pan artesano,
paseos en plena naturaleza …
- La zona es preciosa, las instalaciones y el personal muy agradables y todo muy limpio. Ideal para familias.
Bilbao Akelarre Hostel
Bilbao Akelarre Hostel offers shared rooms with lockers and free WiFi 20 minutes’ walk from Bilbao city center. Deusto Metro Station is 600 metes away. The Guggenheim Museum is a 20-minute walk from the property, while the Euskalduna Palace is a 10-minute walk away.Rooms feature bunk beds and come with shared bathrooms. Guests can make use of a microwave, a fridge and kitchenware. Laundry service is available upon request.You can get tourist information of the area at the hostel and there is also a bicycle rental service.Ría de Bilbao Sea Museum is within 2,800 feet of Bilbao Akelarre Hostel. You can walk to the University of Deusto in under 20 minutes and the University of Sarriko is a 10-minute walk away. San Mames Football Stadium is only 5 minutes away by car. Bilbao Airport is 7.5 mi away.
- There is only few I could say about my liking of the hostel…. In an over all look unfortunaltely I did not like it. The people I met there where realy nice, but this has nothing to do with the hostel itself. Depending on the staff there is and in case you do not have any complaints, they are quite nice and helping. But, if you have a complaint: prepare for a realy bad discussion with the staff.
- The staff were really friendly and helpful, and are happy to assist travellers who arrive early/late, although this wasn’t my case. The breakfast was simple but sufficient, and there was free coffee and tea all day. The rooms were generally clean and spacious. The no-noise after 11pm rule is also appreciated by those who want to sleep.
- Staff were extremely helpful – I arrived after 00:30 and everything arranged for me, to enter, key, where to sleep, breakfast and a letter with sweetie…that was my first sweetie to start my Pilgrimage with. Thank you!
- Place was close to downtown and quiet. I liked the price and the sympathy of the host. It is a simple hostel but you have everything you need to spend a good night for a few bucks. Definitely recommend this place for travelers.
- The receptionist was especially helpful and courteous. After I told her I was leaving very early to catch a train, she provided explicit, excellent instructions to the closest local light rail station, including a backup plan — which was very helpful since as she suspected, the closest station was closed. Without her help I would have missed my train. She also thoughtfully left a ready-to-go breakfast on my bed. Facility was perfect for the budget traveler, too. Nice homey touches and a very well-stocked kitchen. Wonderful!
Pil Pil Hostel Bilbao
Pil Pil Hostel is just a 1-minute walk from Athletic Bilbao’s iconic San Mamés Stadium. With no curfew or lock-out, it has a free welcome cocktail and dormitories with individual lockers.Guests at the Pil Pil have free access to the shared kitchen, and there is free tea and coffee all day. There is also a TV lounge with board games, as well as a shared patio.You can use the hostel’s printer for free if you need to print out a boarding pass. There is also luggage storage and bike parking on site.Free maps and city guides are available at the front desk. Pil Pil Hostel is a 15-minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum, and Eskalduna Convention Centre is 8 minutes away.The hostel is next to San Mamés Metro Station and Sabino Arana Tram Stop. It is a 4-minute walk from the airport bus stop and San Mamés Train Station.
Only good thing as far as I could see was its proximity to the estacion de autobuses.
And the very helpful and pleasant manner of the young woman in charge on Wednesday evening.
Unfortunately, this was overshadowed by the thoroughly unpleasant, discriminatory and downright cruel behaviour of the ignorant young man on duty Thursday morning.
- Nice, good value hostel close to the bus station. Free breakfast had good range of options and staff were very friendly. Personal lockers always a plus too!
- Super close to the bus station and super cheap. Nice free breakfast 🙂
- The hostel was very quite although full of young people. Nice place to chill and hang out in Bilbao
- I repeat, the location. Near to the bus stop and all the attractions visitors want to visit. You dont need to take ant form of transport to see the city if you choose this hostel to stay. Super clean. The staff are very organized and supportive.
- What croissants?!
Moana Surf Hostel
Located in Urduliz, 10 minutes’ drive from the beaches on the Bay of Biscay, Moana Surf Hostel features an indoor swimming pool. Free Wi-Fi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the guest house features a rustic décor with exposed wood beams and exposed walls. Rooms at Moana Surf come with wooden bunk beds made from skateboards, a safe and a private or shared bathroom. Bed linen and towels are also provided.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Basque dishes and a furnished sun terrace is available with barbecue facilities. There is also a living room with sofas and chimney where you can relax.The local area offers a great variety of outdoor activities whether in summer or winter and sports such as skateboarding. The beach next to the property is also popular for water sports such as sailing and surfing. Bilbao Airport is 20 minutes’ drive from Moana Surf Hostel.
- The place looks fabulous, has a nice small indoor pool, summer terrace, clean and comfortable rooms and everything. Plus the location is perfect for visiting Bilbao, since you can go by car to the Metro station (3 minutes by car or 30min walk) and park there all day for free. The younger lady who is in charge of the accommodation was very nice and helpful.
- Lovely hostel with fantastic staff! Welcoming and helpful from the moment you arrive. Nice rooms and bathrooms and good communal areas to eat and socialize. The dinner we had made for us at the hostel was delicious but most importantly we felt part of the family!
Hostel close to surf spots.
Excellent place to stay, the lady that runs the place will cook you up a storm! Everyone is very friendly and accommodating.
Very affordable BnB and just 6€ extra you will get a delicious dinner too.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!
- Everything good. Just a little noisy. A very beautiful place.
Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao
This modern hostel offers a chill-out lounge with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and views over the River Nervión and the Guggenheim Museum. Guggenheim Tram Station is 800 feet away.Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao has bold red, black and white décor with stylish murals. It offers spacious, air-conditioned dormitory rooms. Towels and bed linen can be rented from the reception.The hostel has a communal kitchen with a microwave, dishwasher and fridge. You can also find a wide range of traditional tapas bars within a 10-minute walk.The Botxo Gallery is just 500 feet from Deusto University. The nearby tram station provides easy access to the historic city center.
- Very nice Place, in a Central position. The rooms are full of beds but i didn t have problem. Very clean and the staff very gentle. Good prices and breakfast incluted. I ve bene very good there!
- It was okay . Bed , showers but not one for a romantic trip.
- The location was awesome. A great value I would stay here again
- The coffee was good and the location was in the city center, near to everything.
- It’s very cheap, very easy to access. The terrasse is great.
Located in the Bilbao City Center district of Bilbao, Bcool Bilbao is 1,300 feet from Casco Viejo. The property is close to several noted attractions, around 1,650 feet from Arriaga Theater and around 0.6 mi from Athletic Club de Bilbao. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.At the hostel, rooms are fitted with a wardrobe. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom with a hairdryer.A Continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Bilbao Exhibition Center is 0.7 mi from Bcool Bilbao, while Bilbao Fine Arts Museum is 0.8 mi from the property. Bilbao Airport is 3.7 mi away.
- Area around didn’t look safe to me, but the hostel was great!
•Close to Casco Viejo
• nice terrace on top
• looks cute from the inside
• free lemon water
• curtains and plug sockets on every bed
- Once inside it felt safe and secure and I was able to leave my bike securely on the days when I was away. The breakfast is good value, too.
- Clean and nice beds! A really nice terrace to chill. It’s a very nice hostel and I really can recommend it.
- Super nice staff, clean and proper facilities. Good beds, privacy through curtains, extra power socket for every bed.
Top Hostels In Ortuella Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Ortuella Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Ortuella Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Ortuella Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!